Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced.

+14
SpeedDemon37
Electric Wolf
conrail1990
Lucstar88
RealRacer4
LadyKathy
PYLrulz
vbooy57
Cardinals5
navycook75
crl
bigdc48
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
flyingturns89
18 posters

Go down

The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced. Empty The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced.

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Anyone got an idea who the new five are gonna be?
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced. Empty Re: The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced.

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Alan Kulwicki would probably be my best guess since a lot of people were upset that Rusty Wallace got in before him.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced. Empty Re: The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced.

Post by bigdc48 Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:24 am

Alan Kulwicki and maybe Terry Labonte are my guesses.
bigdc48
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 am

bigdc48 wrote:Alan Kulwicki and maybe Terry Labonte are my guesses.

Labonte has to be retired for five years before he can get inducted. Of course, since he refuses to completely retire, he'll probably die before getting in.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced. NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 am

I'm sort of hoping to see Kirk Shelmerdine get on the list. He won four championships as Dale Sr.'s crew chief, so why not?
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:37 am

I can see Mike Stefanik on there after he retires.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 am

Obviously Danica needs to be inducted, like, NOW
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by vbooy57 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:54 am

Cardinals5 wrote:Obviously Danica needs to be inducted, like, NOW
It's already implied that Indycar champion Dominant Danica is in, no need for any introduction or even for her to retire, she's in.
vbooy57
vbooy57
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Alan Kulwicki would probably be my best guess since a lot of people were upset that Rusty Wallace got in before him.

Kulwicki deserves to get in the HOF, but anybody who complains that Rusty got in before him is a fool.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:09 pm

And the next five nominees are...

Bruton Smith, chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc.
Maurice Petty, former chief engineer at Petty Enterprises and Richard Petty's brother.
Dale Jarrett, 1999 NASCAR Cup Series Champion.
Rex White, 1960 NASCAR Cup Series Champion and oldest living driver's champion.
Larry Phillips, 220 time winner across several NASCAR-sanctioned series and five time NASCAR All-American Series Champion.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKathy Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:21 pm

oh god, bruton's on the list

LadyKathy

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:And the next five nominees are...

Bruton Smith, chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc.
Maurice Petty, former chief engineer at Petty Enterprises and Richard Petty's brother.
Dale Jarrett, 1999 NASCAR Cup Series Champion.
Rex White, 1960 NASCAR Cup Series Champion and oldest living driver's champion.
Larry Phillips, 220 time winner across several NASCAR-sanctioned series and five time NASCAR All-American Series Champion.

WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Maurice Petty & Dale Jarrett is pretty good to enter..
Phillips, White = Maybe
Burton = get out...................
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Bruton Smith, chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:Maurice Petty & Dale Jarrett is pretty good to enter..
Phillips, White = Maybe

What's wrong with Jeff/Ward Burton?
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyKathy Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
Phillips, White = Maybe

he meant bruton not burton

LadyKathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 pm

SweetErin wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Phillips, White = Maybe

I know. I was joking around.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
SweetErin wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Phillips, White = Maybe

I know. I was joking around.

I didn't realise that Laughing
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Bruton Smith, chairman of Speedway Motorsports Inc.
There are a lot of people that I would have expected to be inducted before Bruton Smith...
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Does Bruton Smith deserve a place at some point? Yes.

Was this year the year?!? No.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:02 am

Nice to see a lower tier driver get a nod in the Hall of Fame, after Stefanik retires (whenever that'll be) he'll be in for sure.

also, gtfo Bruton.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:48 am

Um, this is only the nominating process; they won't vote on inducting people until September.

This is the full list of nominees:

http://www.motorracingdigest.com/nascar-sprint-cup-series/nascar-hall-of-fame-nominees-announced/

The next list of nominees for the NASCAR Hall Of Fame to be announced. NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 am

The only one I could see getting in this year, out of those 5 new nominees is Bruton Smith. My question is, what really has Dale Jarrett done to get in the Hall Of Fame?
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 am

f1fan12 wrote:The only one I could see getting in this year, out of those 5 new nominees is Bruton Smith. My question is, what really has Dale Jarrett done to get in the Hall Of Fame?
Won a Championship.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:The only one I could see getting in this year, out of those 5 new nominees is Bruton Smith. My question is, what really has Dale Jarrett done to get in the Hall Of Fame?
Won a Championship.
Wins
2 Daytona 500's
3 Brickyard 400
Coca-Cola 600
1999 Champ, 32 Wins
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Congratulations on one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on a message board.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:53 pm

crl wrote:

Congratulations on one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on a message board.

Why, as much as I don't like Bruton Smith. The people voting in this, I think will think differently. In regards to Jarrett, A hall of fame is meant for the Elite, the best of the best! I don't consider Dale Jarrett an Elite NASCAR driver. I felt the same way about Rusty Wallace. They may have been good, but they aren't Elite. I feel that the HOF committee has to be a little bit more selective on who gets in. Because if they just start going off of who wins a NASCAR championship, your going to get people like Bobby Labonte in the hall of fame!

Last edited by f1fan12 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

Why, as much as I don't like Bruton Smith. The people voting in this, I think will think differently. And I don't know why Dale Jarrett was nominated...

Seriously? You don't know WHY DJ was nominated? Do you not remember 1999? He flatout DOMINATED that year. The only way he was going to lose the title was if he got hurt or choked it away, and neither happened. He was still competitive well into his 40s. He absolutely deserves a place in the HOF. Maybe not this year, but down the line, yes.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

Why, as much as I don't like Bruton Smith. The people voting in this, I think will think differently. And I don't know why Dale Jarrett was nominated...

if you read Lucstar's recent post in this thread then I'm sure you'll understand why Dale Jarrett has been nominated.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:01 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

At least Jarrett has for more reasons to be nominated than Bruton Smith has. Sure, he doesn't have much, but better than Bruton IMO. However, if Ned Jarrett hasn't already been put in, I'd say swap him with either Bruton or Dale. Kulwicki should also be a candidate.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

At least Jarrett has for more reasons to be nominated than Bruton Smith has. Sure, he doesn't have much, but better than Bruton IMO. However, if Ned Jarrett hasn't already been put in, I'd say swap him with either Bruton or Dale. Kulwicki should also be a candidate.

Ned got in two years ago.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:03 pm

crl wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

Seriously? You don't know WHY DJ was nominated? Do you not remember 1999? He flatout DOMINATED that year. The only way he was going to lose the title was if he got hurt or choked it away, and neither happened. He was still competitive well into his 40s. He absolutely deserves a place in the HOF. Maybe not this year, but down the line, yes.

I edited my original post to show why I don't think he's HOF worthy... And another reason why is, remember Dale Jarrett's career after 2002. I sure don't! Bruton Smith owns Speedway Motorsports, which owns 8 Sprint Cup Series Tracks. I think that in itself can speak for why he should get in! I don't like Bruton Smith, but he was a leader in promoting NASCAR races!

Last edited by f1fan12 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

crl wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:
crl wrote:

Ned got in two years ago.

Oh wow.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:09 pm

The same Bruton Smith who had the Bristol Problem & Kentucky DISASTER

DJ career after 2002 was dominated by Johnson, Stewart others

Legends tend to fade... Richard Petty had his final win in 84 & raced ti'll 92
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:The same Bruton Smith who had the Bristol Problem & Kentucky DISASTER

I realize that Legends begin to fade. I just think Dale Jarrett hasn't done enough to get in the hall of fame! Rex White is another head scratcher! When I look at it, the NASCAR Hall of Fame should be more open than what they are. I think there are much better candidates to get in, who have helped the sport. But not drive or be involved with a team. Ken Squire comes to mind. With the people that they are nominating, it will turn into a Hall of every NASCAR champion! Does Bobby Labonte, Matt Kenseth, or Kurt Busch need to be in the hall of fame?
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:The same Bruton Smith who had the Bristol Problem & Kentucky DISASTER

I realize that Legends begin to fade. I just think Dale Jarrett hasn't done enough to get in the hall of fame! Rex White is another head scratcher! When I look at it, the NASCAR Hall of Fame should be more open than what they are. I think there are much better candidates to get in, who have helped the sport. But not drive or be involved with a team. Ken Squire comes to mind. With the people that they are nominating, it will turn into a Hall of every NASCAR champion! Does Bobby Labonte, Matt Kenseth, or Kurt Busch need to be in the hall of fame?

That's a problem about the HoF, there are so little drivers that actually are HoF worthy... but they got to fill the space, NHL has 20 per team which makes more superstars than NASCAR
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:43 pm

I absolutely love Dale Jarrett and he was my favorite driver for as long as he was active. Don't get me wrong, I think he is HOF bound but I seriously think Kulwicki should have gone first.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
Won a Championship.
Wins
2 Daytona 500's
3 Brickyard 400
Coca-Cola 600
1999 Champ, 32 Wins

Surprised No One caught this but...

You have the Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400 number of victories switched. He's got 3 500 wins ('93,'96, and '00) and 2 400 wins ('96 and '99).

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
Lucstar88 wrote:
Won a Championship.
Wins
2 Daytona 500's
3 Brickyard 400
Coca-Cola 600
1999 Champ, 32 Wins

Surprised No One caught this but...

You have the Daytona 500 and Brickyard 400 number of victories switched. He's got 3 500 wins ('93,'96, and '00) and 2 400 wins ('96 and '99).

Saw that stat yesterday on TSN.ca & i must of got mixed up thanks for cleaning that up
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down