Local Racing Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 am

Daryn Pittman wins the 2013 World of Outlaws Sprintcar Championship.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Today, I went to Wall Stadium for Day 1 of the Turkey Derby. There really wasn't a whole lot of exciting things happening today. There were a bunch of practice sessions in the morning. Time trials took place for the SK Modifieds, legends, and sportsman mods. They had feature races for the sport mods, legends (which took an hour to complete as 27 cars started the race with 13 of them finishing the race), factory stocks (slower than street stocks), and 4 cylinders. Tomorrow will be the Tour Mod race, Limited Late Model race, Dirt Mod race, TQ Midget race, and SK Mod race. Can't wait to head back there tomorrow.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:47 pm

A couple of days late, but here's what happened last Saturday at Wall Stadium for Turkey Derby 40 (source):
 
NJ Racing wrote:HIRSCHMAN AND SESELY WIN
WALL MODIFIED TURKEY DERBY RACES

WALL TOWNSHIP, N.J. (Dec. 2, 2013)~ Matt Hirschman of Northampton, Pa. and Anthony Sesely of Matawan were Modified stock car winners during the 40th annual Turkey Derby racing events at Wall Stadium. It was the second straight Tour Modified win for Hirschman while Sesely won his first ever Wall/SK Modified Turkey Derby race after finishing second in recent years.

In Saturday’s Tour Modified 150-lap race Danny Bohn of Mooresville, N.C. jumped to the lead at the outset and held this ground through several restarts while being pressured by Hirschman and several others. Hirschman pitted for tires and fuel with other competitors on lap 81 and then began his climb through the field from the rear.

Bohn finally pitted for his tires and fuel on lap 118 as Hirschman was completing his run to the front. Holding off challenges Hirschman then raced on to victory followed by Doug Cody, Rowan Pennink, Ryan Preece and Michael Bohn. Danny Bohn finished seventh behind Jamie Tomaino.

“It’s real tough to give up that track position when you have to get tires and fuel,” Hirschman said. “It’s real tough to be patient when you are trying to come back through the pack. It took a lot of patience and a great car and crew to win this race today.”

Sesely jumped to the lead in the Wall/SK Modified 100-lapper early but had lots of pressure all the way. Freehold’s Steven Read and Howell’s Jimmy Blewett swapped the top spot with Sesely in the mid portion of the race. Late in the event this battled erupted in the fourth turn with lots of contact and Blewett, Read and several others tangling as a result.

Sesely made it through the chaos and then raced on to the win. Hirschman, Zack Alspach of Willingboro, Howell’s Chris Lane and Michael Zervais wrapped up the top five finishers.

“You had three guys racing on the edge who all wanted this win,” Sesely said of the fourth turn tangle. “I feel bad that it happened but it was just good hard racing. There isn’t a lot of room out there when you’re going as fact as we are.”

In other Saturday action Joey Payne raced to victory in the 40 lap main event for the Dirt Modifieds after Andrew Krause of Holmdel led the early going before dropping from the race on lap 32. Rick Ross, Jr., Rick Yetter, Jack Ely, Jr. and Chuck Bates wrapped up the top five.

Ken Matlach of Levittown, N.Y. won Saturday’s 50-lapper for the Limited Late Models. Early leader Wayne Courey was the runner-up with Chris Turbush, Anthony Crimaldi and Dan Turbush completing the top five. Saturday’s TQ Midget main event was won by Earl Paules over Andy Jankowiak, Buddy Sloed, Matt Roselli and Mike Tidaback.
EDIT: Here's the video.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Metro 6r4 on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:18 pm

As some may know my local racing circuit (Mallory Park) has recently shut down after the BARC screwed the local villagers, fans, competitors, circuit owner and council by breaking their noise rulings. But thankfully it's back: http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2013-12-04/great-day-for-mallory-park/
avatar
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:02 am

Bunch of bullshit going on with local Sprintcars. From what I understand, the prize money that the track (Vavoline Raceway/Sydney Speedway) puts up, now goes through the NSW Sprintcar Club, instead of direct to the drivers. So obviously what happened was the NSWSC became massive fucking jews, and the prizemoney that the drivers are supposed to be getting has deceased, despite the fact that the track still puts up the same amount. This has caused a mass exodus of drivers, with up to around about 10 already quitting and fly-in, fly-outing (fly-in, fly-out is where a team sets up there equipment out of state, and the driver/crews fly in on Friday/Saturday morning and fly out Sunday), and more drivers expected to leave. For the first time in a long time, Sydney doesn't boast the largest car count on a weekly basis.

avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:19 am

After 4 decades of racing, Steve Kinser will finally retire after the 2014 WoO season. He is arguably the greatest Sprintcar driver ever. His retirement tour starts at Sydney's Vavoline Raceway on Boxing Night (Dec. 26).
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:56 am

A Legend Car flipped into the catchfence on the front straight at Sydney Valvoline Raceway, and created a hole. The officials decided to keep running, but the racing was cut immediately afterwards after a 6-car pile-up in turn 1 due to the impeding rain, ended the meeting short. The promoters knew the rain was coming, and flew through the program, with the Sprintcar A-Main starting at 8:30pm. The first feature race of the year was won by Robbie Farr from Steve Kinser and Max Dumesny.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:A Legend Car flipped into the catchfence on the front straight at Sydney Valvoline Raceway, and created a hole. The officials decided to keep running, but the racing was cut immediately afterwards after a 6-car pile-up in turn 1 due to the impeding rain, ended the meeting short. The promoters knew the rain was coming, and flew through the program, with the Sprintcar A-Main starting at 8:30pm. The first feature race of the year was won by Robbie Farr from Steve Kinser and Max Dumesny.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 am

Ben Atkinson wins a controversial (nb: FUCKING BOWLSHIT) A-Main at Sydney Speedway over Max Dumesny and Ian Madsen. The race ended after Steve Kinser either broke something or hit the cousin, because he went 20ft. in the air and landed on top of the pit wall. Thankfully Steve was alright. The accident happened at 10:33pm (Curfew 10:30pm, track can waver that though a couple of times a year) with 2 laps to go, but instead of having what could be one of the greatest finishers ever, Gary Winterbottom (Race director) declared the race, giving Atkinson the win.

BTW Atkinson drives for one of the track owners..........................................
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Ben Atkinson wins a controversial (nb: FUCKING BOWLSHIT) A-Main at Sydney Speedway over Max Dumesny and Ian Madsen. The race ended after Steve Kinser either broke something or hit the cousin, because he went 20ft. in the air and landed on top of the pit wall. Thankfully Steve was alright. The accident happened at 10:33pm (Curfew 10:30pm, track can waver that though a couple of times a year) with 2 laps to go, but instead of having what could be one of the greatest finishers ever, Gary Winterbottom (Race director) declared the race, giving Atkinson the win.

BTW Atkinson drives for one of the track owners..........................................

Winterbottom, eh? Sounds like being a jackass runs in the family... assuming he's related to Mark, that is.
avatar
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 721
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 25
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Ben Atkinson wins a controversial (nb: FUCKING BOWLSHIT) A-Main at Sydney Speedway over Max Dumesny and Ian Madsen. The race ended after Steve Kinser either broke something or hit the cousin, because he went 20ft. in the air and landed on top of the pit wall. Thankfully Steve was alright. The accident happened at 10:33pm (Curfew 10:30pm, track can waver that though a couple of times a year) with 2 laps to go, but instead of having what could be one of the greatest finishers ever, Gary Winterbottom (Race director) declared the race, giving Atkinson the win.

BTW Atkinson drives for one of the track owners..........................................

Winterbottom, eh? Sounds like being a jackass runs in the family... assuming he's related to Mark, that is.
Nope. There's two Winterbottom family's in Australian racing. Also fuck you Frosty is GOAT.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:31 am

A serious accident happened at Kwinana (Perth) Speedway, Formula 500 ace Matt Brown flipped into the catchfence and back into traffic, he was immediately transferred to Fremantle Hospital and was put in an induced coma, but is expected to make a full recovery.

Kraig Kinser wins his first ever Australia Sprintcar A-Main, beating Dale Blaney and father Steve to the flag. Steve came back from a horrific crash the night before, and from starting spot 16, to get on the podium. The best Australian was Iam Madsen in 4th.

Mark Brown wins his 3rd Speedcar Australian Grand Prix, leading all 30 laps of the feature. The AGP has been won by motoracing legends such as AJ Foyt and Garry Rush.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:15 am

Kraig Kinser wins the Australia Sprintcar Grand Prix, his 2nd feature win in a row at Sydney's Valvoline Raceway. Steve Kinser and Dale Blaney finished 2nd and 3rd respectively. The best Australian was Max Dumesny in 4th, with Robbie Farr, from starting position 17th, home in 5th. The next meeting at VR is the NSW Sprintcar Championship on the 11/01.

There is currently 99 nominations for the Australian Sprintcar Classic on the Australia Day weekend (25-27/01) with more expected to enter. The list includes 13 Americans.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 am

For those that don't know, next week is going to be a rather busy week for racing. The reason being: the newly formed National Dirt Racing League (NDRL) is hosting a week-long dirt late model event called the 2014 Winter Extreme at Tuscon International Raceway in Arizona featuring some of the big names (the Moyers, Blankenship, Clanton, and others).

Also, the Chili Bowl will be taking place in Tulsa, OK the same week as the dirt late model event with an entry of a staggering 290 cars! It is considered a record for the highest number of car entries, as some of the familiar names from various racing series, such as Daryn Pittman, the Swindells, the Haudenschilds, Kasey Kahne, Stenhouse, Kyle Larson, and too many others to name, will compete. You can see the rest of the entry list here with all of the drivers being grouped into 4 different groups.

Now, the Chili Bowl is considered an unsanctioned event, with Lucas Oil only being the sponsor event and USAC not being involved. Because of that, there is a very thin rule book for the midget cars. Simply put, you can almost do anything you want with the car. J.J. Yeley, another notable name that will also be competing in the Chili Bowl, has photos of the car that he'll be running, which I consider to be the most bizarre looking midget car I have ever seen.






RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 am

Tim Kaeding wins the Preliminary A-Main for the Scott Darley Memorial. Jason Sides lead 24.8 of the 25 laps, but spun coming off of turn 4, and stopped before the finish line, he was credited with 22nd. Brad Sweet finished 2nd, but didn't go to scales (or came in underweight, not sure what the official reason is, but it's one of these two.) and was excluded from the results. Robbie Farr went from 4th to 2nd, and Trevor Green from 5th to 3rd. Defending race winner Ian Madsen finished 9th after starting 18th, he had a very controversial heat race, getting into two separate arguments with Dave Murcott and Kody Kinser.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:07 am

Trevor Green wins the Scott Darley Classic from Grant Anderson and Kraig Kinser. Because of the heat, and the night before, the track went slick real early on the heats. This caused problems in the A, where Ian Madsen blew a right rear tyre on lap 30/40. This was just the start. On the restart, Dave Blaney made contact with Robbie Farr and both spun in-front of the field. Amazingly, only one other driver hit them, Max Dumesny. But during the final ten laps, another 7 cars blew right rear tyres, including race leader Tim Kaeding, and 2nd-place Steve Kinser. Green was able to keep rubber on his tyres, and win his first Scott Darley Classic. Drive of the night went Brad Sweet. After starting in 15th in the C-Main, Sweet ended the night in 4th place in the A-Main, passing a total of 49 cars.

118 teams now head south to Warrnerbool, for the Australian Sprintcar Classic.

More news on Brad Sweet, he looks to be signing a full-time drive in WoO for Kasey Kahne Racing. If he does he'll contend for the Kevin Gobrecth Rookie of the Year award.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:34 am

The A-Main from last night.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:53 am

Tim Kaeding wins the Australian Sprintcar Classic from Max Dumesny and Jamie Veal, and celebrated in style.

avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by tommykl on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Meanwhile, at the closest track to my home (you may have heard of it, it's called Spa-Francorchamps), a walk was held today in support of Michael Schumacher. 2 000 people showed up.
avatar
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 21
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 am

Robbie Farr wins the Prelude to the Championship at Latrobe in Tasmania. Brooke Tatnell was 2nd with Jamie Veal in 3rd. This was a serious accident in the eariler heats involving Shaun Dobson and Tim Hutchins.

Spoiler:





avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by BWard on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Robbie Farr wins the Prelude to the Championship at Latrobe in Tasmania. Brooke Tatnell was 2nd with Jamie Veal in 3rd. This was a serious accident in the eariler heats involving Shaun Dobson and Tim Hutchins.

Spoiler:






Holy cow that looks bad. Are the driver's okay?
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5821
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:15 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Robbie Farr wins the Prelude to the Championship at Latrobe in Tasmania. Brooke Tatnell was 2nd with Jamie Veal in 3rd. This was a serious accident in the eariler heats involving Shaun Dobson and Tim Hutchins.

Spoiler:






Holy cow that looks bad. Are the driver's okay?
I didn't hear any news on them so I would presume they are.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:31 am

David Murcott is the new Australian Sprintcar Champion, winning from Robbie Farr and Trevor Green. Ian Madsen came across the line in 2nd, but weighed ligth (Fuck these tyres)
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm

So Speedweeks is officially underway in Florida. East Bay Raceway Park have been getting rained out since last Thursday and collected 1 and 1/2 inches of rain in 2 days. Even though the sun was out last Saturday and Sunday, the races were postponed because of poor track conditions.

To make a long story short, the dirt couldn't hold all of the water. Not to mention, the track stays wet since it's close to the Gulf, the tides effect the track conditions. Although cars ran last Sunday, they chose not to go on with the event because of how rough the track conditions were with cars hitting ruts and flipping over.

Just today, they finally got a show in, but tonight's feature race got shortened because of this:



Tonight's feature winner, Kyle Bronson, said in XSAN interview (if you can watch it on Facebook) that it was so foggy out that he had to flip his visor up to see the end of the straightaways so he can set his car up going into the corner.

They just can't seem to catch a break down there. At least they finally managed to get a race in.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by navycook75 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:59 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:So Speedweeks is officially underway in Florida. East Bay Raceway Park have been getting rained out since last Thursday and collected 1 and 1/2 inches of rain in 2 days. Even though the sun was out last Saturday and Sunday, the races were postponed because of poor track conditions.

To make a long story short, the dirt couldn't hold all of the water. Not to mention, the track stays wet since it's close to the Gulf, the tides effect the track conditions. Although cars ran last Sunday, they chose not to go on with the event because of how rough the track conditions were with cars hitting ruts and flipping over.

Just today, they finally got a show in, but tonight's feature race got shortened because of this:



Tonight's feature winner, Kyle Bronson, said in XSAN interview (if you can watch it on Facebook) that it was so foggy out that he had to flip his visor up to see the end of the straightaways so he can set his car up going into the corner.

They just can't seem to catch a break down there. At least they finally managed to get a race in.
I remember when I was 11 or 12 and I was at Stateline Speedway (the local track up where I am) and I could barely see the middle of turns 1 and 2, and they finished the race without any problem.

Also, from all my time at East Bay, I never saw that before. Wish I could go there again too.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Alta on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Not necessary local for me, but New Smyrna Speedway is doing 8 STRAIGHT NIGHTS (If you don't count Battle at The Beach Tuesday) of racing featuring Late models, modifieds, trucks, super stocks and lots more.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Alpineopossum on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I should go to a short track race sometime. There's a track not far from me (Lorain County Speedway), so sometime this summer I'll try to get there.
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:17 am

Valvoline Raceway: Ben Atkinson gets given another win. 4 laps to go, with 24 minutes before curfew, and the race gets declared with him leading. James Thompson finishes 2nd from Max Dumesny in 3rd.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:42 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Valvoline Raceway: Ben Atkinson gets given another win. 4 laps to go, with 24 minutes before curfew, and the race gets declared with him leading. James Thompson finishes 2nd from Max Dumesny in 3rd.  

Congrats Ben!
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Alta wrote:Not necessary local for me, but New Smyrna Speedway is doing 8 STRAIGHT NIGHTS (If you don't count Battle at The Beach Tuesday) of racing featuring Late models, modifieds, trucks, super stocks and lots more.

So they're running 8 straight nights? That's cute. Volusia Speedway Park (a dirt track 30-45 minutes from Daytona) is running TWELVE straight nights.

For the latest updates for Speedweeks, there has been so much rain fall in the last few days, one dirt modified that ran at one of the dirt tracks last weekend had a layer of mud on the car and you couldn't even read the number and sponsors on it. I've heard a lot of the cars that went over the scales weighed 200-300 lbs heavier than what they usually weighed from all of the mud. I'll try to get a picture of it when I can.


RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
Alta wrote:Not necessary local for me, but New Smyrna Speedway is doing 8 STRAIGHT NIGHTS (If you don't count Battle at The Beach Tuesday) of racing featuring Late models, modifieds, trucks, super stocks and lots more.

So they're running 8 straight nights? That's cute. Volusia Speedway Park (a dirt track 30-45 minutes from Daytona) is running TWELVE straight nights.

For the latest updates for Speedweeks, there has been so much rain fall in the last few days, one dirt modified that ran at one of the dirt tracks last weekend had a layer of mud on the car and you couldn't even read the number and sponsors on it. I've heard a lot of the cars that went over the scales weighed 200-300 lbs heavier than what they usually weighed from all of the mud. I'll try to get a picture of it when I can.

I believe at the All-Star on Sunday night, a lot of teams pulled out due to the conditions, including KKR. The night was won by Dave Blaney in his return to a Sprintcar. Monday night was won by the MADMAN KERRY MADSEN!!!
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by conrail1990 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Went to the Micro Midget track Saturday night. 250 cc Class had 14 cars start for a 25 lap main. By lap 17. 3 cars were left and two of them crashed into each other on lap 21.  Laughing 
avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1062
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

conrail1990 wrote:Went to the Micro Midget track Saturday night. 250 cc Class had 14 cars start for a 25 lap main. By lap 17. 3 cars were left and two of them crashed into each other on lap 21.  Laughing 

Brings back the good ole days of quarter midget racing in my childhood. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Alta on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:59 am

Managed to get VCR working tonight. Some old pics from Altamont. (May stream this stuff with proper equipment)


avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by PackerMan71 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:44 pm

I didn't know JW Lester used to run figure-8 races. Laughing


avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2617
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm

I went to the Auto City Speedway in Clio, Michigan last night. During the pure stocks race, two cars got together while racing for the lead. One of the drivers received a cut tire, and upon returning to the track during the next caution, he brake-checked the other driver several times. Following the race, there was a fight between them under the flagstand.

I've never seen drivers act like that at a track before, and while it took away from the experience a little, it was pretty funny to listen to the announcer joking about them and about how foolish their fight was.

Otherwise, the races were pretty good.
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by tommykl on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am

Since this is the closest non-motocross track to where I live, I guess this is where I can say that I've got some Gold tickets for the Friday at the Belgian Grand Prix!   
avatar
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 21
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by crl on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:27 am

This was left on the Facebook profile of Tennessee National Raceway (no, I don't know what happened):

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 am

Ian Madsen picks up the most prestigious achievement of his career, capturing the biggest track championship in Sprintcar racing, the Knoxville 410 Championship.

avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by SpeedDemon37 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I went to the paved, 3/8-mile Owosso Speedway last night for the third time this year (and fourth time ever). This was the second time that I've gotten to watch my friend and classmate Vinnie Miller (the defending Sportsman class track champion) race in the Pro Late Model class.

He started on pole position for the 30-lap feature and led every lap until the only caution period came out for an engine failure on the heat race-winner's car on lap 14. The track's cleanup crew is normally very impressive, but there was some oil left in turn 4 on the inside where Miller took the restart. His car slid up the track, allowing a rival competitor to take the lead, and he never got it back.

Miller still finished in second, but it was disappointing not to see him win the race when he really should have. Luckily, he doesn't really let things like that bother him, anyways. He is currently 3rd in the Pro Late Model points standings with three race weekends left in the season.
avatar
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1635
Join date : 2012-05-11
Age : 20
Location : Michigan, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:50 am

Sydney Speedway opened their season tonight. In the Sprintcar A-Main Robbie Farr, who started outside front row, spun in turn 2 on lap 1, with the resulting carnage leading to 5 rollovers, including into the catchfence. When the race restarted, it went flag-to-flag with The Real Deal Jamie Veal winning from the Bell-Bowen brothers of Roddy and Toby. During the Speedcar (Midgit) A-Main, son of former ATCC driver Gary, Brayden Willimgton flipped in his Speedcar debut, and the wheel cover went into the guy and injured a spectator. The fan was okay but had to be taken to hospital.

During the night, the track announced three Americans (sort of) that were coming down during the summer. King Kerry Madsen (that's the sort of part), Brad Sweet (former NASCAR crash magnet), and the Wild Child Jac Haudenschild (would of preferred Sheldon but Jac will do.)
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Seeing as how I'm close to Charlotte Motor Speedway and a huge fan of the tour modifieds, I thought I'd head over there last night to watch the Southern Slam 150, and what a fun race it was to watch. Ryan Preece started on pole and led the first 60 or so laps until he used up the brakes, which took him out of the race. As a result, George Brunnhoelzl III took over the lead for the next part of the race until Burt Myers started giving Brunnhoelzl III a run for his money. They both put on a show going side-by-side for laps until a caution had come out due to a spin. Because Burt Myers barely edged over George Brunnhoelzl III as the leader as the caution came out, Myers was able to have the preferred line at the restart, eventually jumping in front of George, ultimately giving Myers the win. Also, Andy Seuss won the Southern Tour Mod Championship by staying inside the top 5 for the entire race.

Man, having grown up watching tour mods, I really missed getting to watch these modifieds race. I was certainly not disappointed while watching Burt Myers slowly working his way up through the field and eventually taking the win. I'll be heading to Wall Stadium in over a month for the Turkey Derby, which I'll keep you guys posted on as well.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by navycook75 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:34 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:Seeing as how I'm close to Charlotte Motor Speedway and a huge fan of the tour modifieds, I thought I'd head over there last night to watch the Southern Slam 150, and what a fun race it was to watch. Ryan Preece started on pole and led the first 60 or so laps until he used up the brakes, which took him out of the race. As a result, George Brunnhoelzl III took over the lead for the next part of the race until Burt Myers started giving Brunnhoelzl III a run for his money. They both put on a show going side-by-side for laps until a caution had come out due to a spin. Because Burt Myers barely edged over George Brunnhoelzl III as the leader as the caution came out, Myers was able to have the preferred line at the restart, eventually jumping in front of George, ultimately giving Myers the win. Also, Andy Seuss won the Southern Tour Mod Championship by staying inside the top 5 for the entire race.

Man, having grown up watching tour mods, I really missed getting to watch these modifieds race. I was certainly not disappointed while watching Burt Myers slowly working his way up through the field and eventually taking the win. I'll be heading to Wall Stadium in over a month for the Turkey Derby, which I'll keep you guys posted on as well.
Fun fact: Seuss proposed to his girlfriend after winning the championship.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:47 am

Jamie Veal become the first driver (I think) to win 3 Sprintcar A-Mains in a row to start a season at Sydney Speedway. He's already the first Victorian to win two A-Mains in a row, and obviously, the first to win three in a row.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by crl on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:12 am

Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville had its annual All-American 400 tonight. John Hunter Nemechek won from the pole.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:57 am

Sydney Speedway got washed out this weekend.

And by washed out I mean...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=618547528267501&set=vb.579309005524687&type=2&theater
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:16 am

Last night was the first full night of racing at The World Finals at Charlotte. With the new clay having been just added to the track, it was a battle of drivers trying to outrun each other running the bottom and the cushion.

The first feature that went out last night was the Big Block Modifieds. Early in the race, Matt Shepard and Brett Hearn battled back and forth for the lead on the bottom. That was until when Stewart Friesen stormed past the 2 drivers on the high side for the lead halfway through the race, and eventually won the race, with Hearn finishing 2nd and Shepard in 3rd.

The second feature of the night, which was the highlight of the night for everyone watching, was the World of Outlaw Late Models. It started out with Dennis Erb Jr. and Chris Madden on the front row, with Madden jumping to the lead early on. For a majority of the race, it was a battle between the Club 29 cars of Darrell Lanigan and Jimmy Owens, and the Sweet Bloomquist cars of Scott Bloomquist himself and Chris Madden in the top 4. Lanigan tried and tried again passing Chris Madden for the lead running the cushion while Madden ran the bottom the entire night. The race got interesting as Madden had tried getting around the lapped car of Chub Frank and nearly lost the lead as they both got together with Darrell Lanigan and Jimmy Owens breathing down Madden's neck. Thanks to a caution that came out due to the very same lap car cutting down a tire, Madden was able to keep the lead, with some body damage due to the run-in with Frank. On the last restart, Madden was able to pull away from both Lanigan and Owens with just less than 10 laps to go in the 50-lap feature. Jimmy Owens passed Lanigan for 2nd on the bottom. Again, Chris Madden had caught up to the tail end of the lead lap cars. This time, Madden was hesitant on putting cars a lap down, helping the other top runners catch up to the leader. Just when everyone thought Darrell Lanigan's shot of winning the race was over, he managed to pass Jimmy Owens back for 2nd with less than 3 laps to go. On the last lap, Lanigan was able to get to the outside of Chris Madden for the lead out of turn 2. Both Lanigan and Madden gave everything they had for the lead. With the momentum Darrell Lanigan had on the high side and Chris Madden stuck behind a slow car, Lanigan had managed to edge Madden out at the start/finish line for a photo finish. The top 5 consisted of winner Darrell Lanigan, Chris Madden in 2nd, Scott Bloomquist in 3rd, Jimmy Owens in 4th, and Dennis Erb Jr. rounding out the top 5.

The last feature of Friday night was the STP Sprint Cars in a 30-lap feature. Terry McCarl and Rio Abreu started on the front row, with Abreu pulling a huge lead on the field with Danny Lasoski running 2nd and Daryn Pittman, last year's WoO STP Sprint Car Champion, in 3rd. It was until a caution had come out due to a car stalling on the front straightaway. Abreu again pulled away running what has been considered the fastest way around the track all night, which was the cushion. That wasn't the case in the sprint car feature as Pittman got around Lasoski on the bottom for 2nd and eventually making the race-winning pass for the lead on Abreu. Rico adjusted his line to get the lead back, but Daryn Pittman pulled away from the field and won the race, with Rico Abreu being the runner-up, Brad Sweet in 3rd, and Danny Lasoski in 4th.

This was my first true taste of seeing the World Finals in person. I've got to say, it was a blast watching these drivers go at it. I'm excited to see some more racing tonight, especially since Steve Kinser will be finishing out his career. I'll give you guys another update on how tonight's races will go.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:24 pm

John Hunter wins the 47th Snowball Derby. Dalton Sargeant finishes 2nd in his first attempt. Derek Thorn 3rd.
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2686
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:John Hunter wins the 47th Snowball Derby. Dalton Sargeant finishes 2nd in his first attempt. Derek Thorn 3rd.

Knowing what happened last year, I'm going to hold my breath until post-race tech is done.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Local Racing Thread

Post by Alta on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:53 pm

To make Hunter's win more impressive he apparently had under an hour of sleep as the Snowflake 100 ran till almost dawn this morning.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum