Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

+7
Rykia
Ceej
teamwhiper
DAWGFATHER
Racerfan275
TheRacingExperts
day500champ1
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season) Empty ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

Post by day500champ1 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 am

(Ok, this is going to be my ARLA News Now parody of NASCAR Now (- the espn reporters and bias). Feel free to pm me for interviews for the program or pm rumor or stories to be investigated or talked about. After the next ARLA Elite race (I'm not doing Dwyer), I need a panel of guys that can help me do a thing similar to NN's roundtable.)

Shane Lake and Jaguar to Part-ways

With Dwyer in the rear view mirror, the biggest story other than Riggs win was Shake Lakes troubles with Jaguar Racing. The trouble began when the team found out Lake had not reported injuries he had suffered in an open-wheel racing accident. This led to a argument between the team and Lake over and Twitter and has now resulted in Lake no having a ride for the end of the season. However, many teams are stepping up to help Lake. Chuck Bloomers, Fortner Motorsports, and Great Lakes Motorsports are just a few of the drivers and teams that have offered help to Lake. It is unclear what will happen to Jaguar next season as Lake will more than likely pull his sponsorship of the team and what Holden Roberts will end up doing as well but one thing is for certain. The 2012 silly season rumors are bound to get interesting.

Allie Riggs outlasts Underwood and clams victory in 150 laps of Dwyer

Allie Riggs earned her 3rd win of the season in the legendary 150 laps of Dwyer event. After a spirited battle with the 03 of Dale Underwood left Underwood's motor exhausted, Riggs cruised on to victory in the endurance event. The victory now leaves Riggs tied with Rene Recarmier for second in points 71 behind current leader Kevin Monroe and by no means out of the championship fight.

Last edited by day500champ1 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season) Empty Re: ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

Post by TheRacingExperts Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

just cleared it up with day500champ1, ill be part of the roundtable
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season) Empty Re: ARLA News Now! (Back for the rest of the season)

Post by Racerfan275 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Could I possibly get a spot on the table, I know I don't have a driver in here or anything like that but i follow all the races so could I join?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

Racerfan275 wrote:Could I possibly get a spot on the table, I know I don't have a driver in here or anything like that but i follow all the races so could I join?

Yeah, that's no problem, but you would need a persona to join as.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Ok, how about Trey Hill former two time champion of the caterpillar cup series and brother of road course ace Aaron Hill

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:Ok, how about Trey Hill former two time champion of the caterpillar cup series and brother of road course ace Aaron Hill

That works.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:33 pm

(OCC: From this point on all interviews will be in a live satellite format. Meaning the questions will be on the spot posted here.)

Hello, ARLA fans, and welcome to another edition of ARLA News Now. I'm your host Pete Robertson. (my persona for this, [PR] lol.)

Today we are honored to have the most sought after driver in the garage area. While he may not be currently associated with any team, he is a personality all his own. It's my pleasure to welcome to the show our first interviewee, owner of Dawgfather's Bar and Grill, Mr. Shane Lake.

(Dawg, if you want to do a little intro before I post a question go right ahead)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:52 pm

thanks for having me on the show I appreceate it. I'm hoping to have something ready for Waltham but who knows..so what's up
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 pm

So, Shane, everybody has been talking about the split from Jaguar. What are your thoughs on the whole situation and do you have any ill feelings toward Jaguar?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:11 am

Thoguths on it I expresed on twitter that right up untill they released me that the 155 was my car and I wouldb e racing for them in Waltham. Really though I think they felt i was bashing the team every time that something didnt run well when I was motivating them to be better. Last season we ran most all season inside the top 30 in points and now Im 51st. Something isnt right. There was a serious lack of communication throughout the company. I emailed the top execs for a few weeks asking them to help the team out and make the car better. I even offered funding to help lighten the load but they never got back to me. AS for ill feelings I dont carry any for that team..they picked me up off the blacktop and helped spark my career.
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Shane since the news broke you have become a very sought after driver and your fan base has exploded. What is like having all this attention and have teams wanting you as a driver?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

Feels good to know that my fans are behind me no matter what goes down and that the teams are wanting a driver of my caliper to maybe push them over the top
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok, Shane, one more question before we let you go. Of course, your other passion besides driving is your business. How does running Dawgfather's compare to driving in the Elite Series?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am

Its just as tough mentally as driving in ARLA its just not as physical *chuckles* But really I love doing both and frankly I wouldnt do it any other way. Driving in ARLA is tough on the mind and body running a great place like my Bar and Grill is tough mentally and on my wallet as well *laughs* But in the end they are both well worth it.
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:40 pm

Well thanks for the time Shane and maybe will see you in victory lane some time soon.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DAWGFATHER Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

No Problem. Theres no hopefully about it I WILL get a win by the end of the season...bank on it.
DAWGFATHER
DAWGFATHER

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:18 pm

*Cue intro music* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB16kT-LIiE (FYI ignore the video listen to the music)

Hello ARLA fans and welcome to the 1st ever roundtable edition of ARLA News Now. I'm host Pete Robertson.

Well, let me first introduce my panel for the rest of this seasons roundtables:

To my right is the owner of the CRL SuzukaCorp team, Sean Suzuka. To Sean's right is part-time Elite Series and Thunder Trucks driver, Nikos Kastaspolous. And to my left is Caterpillar Cup driver, Trey Hill.

Welcome to the program guys. I guess the first question I want to ask is what stand out to you about yesterdays race? (I'm assuming since the race was uploaded yesterday, it would've been run yesterday)

(FYI: At the end of the roundtable, I will have a fans ask the panel segment so if you have a "fan" question go ahead and submit it to me)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Quite honestly, I thought there were a few bonehead moves in there. Kevin Monroe shouldn't have forced it 4-wide in race 1 and that took out some good cars.
In Race 2, Mike Howard made no effort to pull into the pits. scratch
Other than that, very good races.
(Nice music, are spoilers for the race ok?)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:Quite honestly, I thought there were a few bonehead moves in there. Kevin Monroe shouldn't have forced it 4-wide in race 1 and that took out some good cars.
In Race 2, Mike Howard made no effort to pull into the pits. scratch
Other than that, very good races.
(Nice music, are spoilers for the race ok?)

Spoilers are fine because this is a race recap thing.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Ok, in that case.
Trey: I forgot to mention that two upsets were shocking. One of which has had sour luck his whole career, the other has only one arm. Edwin, and Bigsby Foote certainly deserved to win their first races.
(Wasn't sure how to spell Edwin's last name)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teamwhiper Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:58 am

Racerfan275 wrote:Ok, in that case.
Trey: I forgot to mention that two upsets were shocking. One of which has had sour luck his whole career, the other has only one arm. Edwin, and Bigsby Foote certainly deserved to win their first races.
(Wasn't sure how to spell Edwin's last name)

I do believe it is spelled as Schwarzlowski.
teamwhiper
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 am

Schwarzloski will murder you for getting his name wrong.
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:24 pm

I must say how about Edwin Schwarzloski and Bigsby Foote getting their first wins of their careers in ARLA? The previous couple of years were all about those first time winners but this year began sort of an idle trend of that in my opinion. Now we're seeing it back in business with two of the drivers that deserved it most.
I'll be honest though, id agree with trey, these guys were making some daring, almost stupid moves out there. But at least those fans that watch for the wrecks got what they paid for.
The points system is getting real good though, Rene is starting to catch up, and what was Andy Pearson and Bobby Porteau last year looks to be Kevin Monroe & Rene this time around.
Can i just put this out there, why does Rene not have a sponsor???
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Sean: I've been wondering the same thing. If a driver is top notch in points, you would think they would be a heavily funded team. However, that's not the case. If they are unsponsored and doing this well, they likely have very good fundings. This may sound obvious, but ya never know.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Pete: Ok, let's focus on just the end of these races. Particularly, the finish of race #2 and the battle between the 66 and 610. I mean here you have two guys that are low on fuel and dueling for their first Elite win. As a driver, Trey and Nikos, how difficult is it to race like they were and try to not worry about the fuel?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:38 pm

Trey: Well Pete, honestly I'm surprised neither of their crew chiefs would tell them to conserve fuel. I could understand why they would race that hard though, going for their first win. I'm surprised that neither of them ran out of fuel.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Nikos: I actually had this happen to me at Waltham, i think my second time going there in a Prototype i ended up in a similar battle where it was going to be my first win in North America in that mod. But, you sort of over pride youself in situations like this. You get this burst of energy that sort of says I don't care what happens with fuel or anything im finishing first. And i think Edwin did a great thing there at the end, making sure he cleared the 610 for first and coast it from there, and that's exactly all he had to do.
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:23 pm

PR: Ok, I think it is time for some fan questions. You guys ready?

(OCC: Sorry it took so long, been busy with school, and Racing I haven't forgot about your scheduled interview either. It will be after this segment.)
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:36 pm

PR: Hello ARLA fans and welcome to another edition of ARLA News Now. First, i would like to apologize for the tech problems that prevented our fan input segment (OCC: since no one submit questions this is my explaination, lol).

This week on the roundtable we will review the twin Watkins Glen races. As an added treat Trey is in Watkins Glen, New York and if we are likely we can get some driver reactions from post-race.

But, first I want to get you guys, Sean and Nikos, what stood out to you about the races yesterday?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Well forgive me for being a little conceded but i got my best career finish in race 1 with thirteenth Wink but anyways...

I was impressed with the Patterson crew actually, they looked a little shaky in their thunder trucks campaign, but they found some nice speed in the race this week. But i'm really finding this interesting how the points race is shaping to be. Rene Recarmier and Kevin Monroe are like two people in the end of the Ironman Triatholan, they're getting every peice of energy out of them, with all of these wrecks amongst the two, we could get someone else in the hunt soon, like Allie Riggs
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:18 pm

(Forgive me, my WiFi card short-circuited, that's why I'm so late with this, and Youtube won't load!!! Mad )
So,

Insert Comment here _______________________

(There, I commented. Again, please forgive me. I only saw the first race, so I'm just going to keep quiet for the Watkins Glen portion.)

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Pardon me, but before I get started I need some interviews. Could some of the people with drivers in the race PM me if they want to get in the interviews? (Dawg, may want another with you.)

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:09 pm

This is Trey Hill in New York, I am here with Packer Carroll, winner of race 1 today.
Packer, how does it feel to get another race sweep?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Pretty good. It's been a while since I've been to victory lane, but I finally made it back. I had a really good feeling about this weekend when we were in practice, and I told my guys, "We could win this weekend." Then we went out and set the second best time behind Suiiju Dejao, who's usually the man to beat when we come to the Glen. To be able to make that pass on Dejao, that was big for me.

I'll be honest, I really didn't know how good Todd's car was in race 2. I mean, he qualified about mid-pack, but he stayed out of trouble, despite almost getting taken out by Bates, and the #3 team had a lightning fast pitstop, which set Todd up to take the lead from Brillon, who had some damage. The damage really made the #65 easy pickings for Todd, and he got the job done yet again. For someone who is just a replacement this year, I'd say he's done a pretty damn good job.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

how do you see the future for Gravity Racing after your second season sweep, and do you think you'll get a third sweep?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Well, the possibility of us getting a third sweep this season is reasonable. We're a very capable team, as you've seen already this season. Todd's definitely got his game on, being a former Cup driver. Anthony is gonna be a Cup driver next year, and even though the Glen was a bust for him, he is getting the job done for us in the #00, as he did at Verdugo. Bruce has run well this year, but he just has no luck right now. And I've been close to victories this year, but we kept falling just short until the Glen, when we put all of the pieces together. A third sweep for us is not out of the question.

As for the future of GRI, well, you've all heard by now that Todd will be the pilot of the #71 Grape Soup Kivett next year. He's shown that he can win races on any type of track, and has the experience to back it up, so there's no one I could trust more to drive GRI's flagship car. Even better, Eric [Jackson] will be back in the #3 next year, so I'll have two former Cup drivers in the Elite Series next season. As for who will drive the #00, which will become the #171 next year, that's still up in the air.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Before I let you go, is there anything else you would like to mention?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Yes. I'd like to give a few callouts, first to my crew chief, Rush. It's been a rough couple of months, and I know I must've been a pain in the rear, but we've stuck together through it all, and he gave me one hell of a ride today. Grape Soup, they've been with us pretty much since the beginning and will be on the #71 car through 2012, although we are more than likely gonna try to extend that a little more. And lastly, to my pit crew. They pulled off a lightning fast pitstop when it counted the most, and I had a three-second lead when everything cycled out. So, thanks to everyone of those guys for a job well done. Thanks for having me on, and hopefully we'll be able to do this again in the near future.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Packer, thank you for your time.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Pete, I'll send it back to you guys in the studio

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, Ryan handed control of the show over to me, if you want to join or if the originals want to come back, pm me. I already pm'ed some people

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:35 pm

So far I have Rykia and Griffin up for this, anyone else?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Sure, why not?
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 pm

You need a persona, i know you have multiple on here, need to know which. I'll take one more, Nikos?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Racerfan275 wrote:You need a persona, i know you have multiple on here, need to know which. I'll take one more, Nikos?

I'll be myself, Brinson, sorta the role like Chad Knaus played This Week in Nascar especially since I'm part time
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 pm

(Getting this restarted)
Hello once again to the newest edition of ARLA News now. We are now back on the air after a year long hiatus. I am Trey Hill from the previous edition of News Now. I am joined by the owner of the CRL SuzukaCorp team, Sean Suzuka, owner of Great Lakes Motorsports and part-time driver of the #28 Arla Elite series car, Jim More, owner of Brinson Enterprises, Matthew Brinson, and finally "Europe's Finest" Dash Cup Driver Verity Logan. Guys welcome to the show. First off reactions from qualifying for the Mini Indy 500 provided shockers. What did you guys think? Jim, Matt, Verity, I understand you three were quite involved in qualifying.
(Satellite feed will be used for guys at racetrack)
(When driver interviews begin, pm me if you want one)

Last edited by Racerfan275 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Verity Logan: It sucked. I never made it, therefore, it sucked.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Jim More: Yeah, our team didn't fair too well either. Ryan had a gear failure and my car just wasn't fast enough. I have to say though the biggest DNQ for me was Greg Woodward, who won the second race at Mosport last week. Just goes to show you the up and down nature of this sport.

Last edited by day500champ1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Now Verity, I understand that on twitter you've been into a war of words with Trey Ashby, any reason why? What happened with the car?
I agree with you Jim, this sport is unexpecting. What'd you think of the other races? Who has a shot at winning?

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Matt Brinson: I was wery impressed by our efforts, we came in with a very good car and Trey Ashby has been putting on a stellar performance. A lot of suprises this weekend like you guys said, many of the top guys have been knocked off by the smaller teams. I guess you can say we are a suprise ourselves but thats the nature of the beast. It's just racing you know. I will say that,the track has been super slippery from all of this heat and I believe that tripped up a lot of folks. I think youll find that the teams that can adjust to these track conditions will have the best shot of winning.

Last edited by pepsibottle1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next