ASCC Old School 200 (not for 56k users)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ASCC Old School 200 (not for 56k users)

Post by navycook75 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:45 am

This is my first time doing any kind of race review, so I apologize in advance if it sucks.

Pole Award goes to the #99 of Jack Bohart. with Tim Woodard on his outside.

Green Flag flies and Nikki Curtis has a terrible start as she starts 30th.

coming out of turn 4 on lap 1, AJ Murphy is looking to pass Bohart, but to no avail.

Lorne Roth passes Murphy and is looking to take the lead away.

Roth is there!

Roth takes the lead a lap afterwards, top 3 is now, Roth, Bohart, and Murphy.

Joe Olenick, who's in the top 5 in points, is showing his strength by running....39th.

Nikki Curtis is showing why she's one of the greatest female drivers in modern stock car history by running 26th, what a good day for her!

Last weeks winner, Ethan Everett, is holding off Palmer Stiles for 13th.

Roman Musico is battling AJ Murphy for 4th place, Murphy will take 4th back from Musico.

Jim Kidd, or as how the fans dub him as "The Emperor of the Empire State" is running 19th. he seems to be having an okay day.

Top 10 after 30 laps, Roth still leads, points leader Garth McCallister, Jr is running 7th.

Nikki Curtis, who is running a terrific 23rd, comes up on Frank Azure and Anthony Evans.

Speaking of McCallister, he's still in 7th, and Bobby Miller III is 6th, which is an awesome run for the Christian American Motorsports team.

Roman Musico has a tire down, obviously notgoing to end his day, but will put him a few laps down.

Bobby Miller III makes his way up to 5th, what a great run for him!

YES! *ahem* I mean, Nikki Curtis is running a very strong 19th! right in front of her Team Saar teammate Tony Durbin, and Curtis Darcy on her outside.

she passes Darcy and comes up on Calvin Hobbes.

Dan Richards makes his way up to 3rd. Great run for him!

Caution 1 on lap 43. Curtis Darcy breaks down on track....

...And TJ Stewart forgets that brakes exist, this takes both of them out unfortunately.

Meanwhile catching up to the pace car, Jordan Watts apparently has a problem with Lorne Roth, which takes him out of contention for the win.

Everyone on the lead lap pits...

...and Dan Richards leads them off pit road.

Nikki Curtis is back in 19th after that pit stop, must of been a bad pit stop.

Restart on lap 49. Dan Richards leads.

Garth McCallister is running third. awesome run for him, seeing as how he could possibly get the top seed in the Chase.

Nikki Curtis is making mincemeat of the field as she has made her way up to 14th.

Rev. Joe Burns has a tire down, not like he was doing anything anyway...

Steven Gill is having one of his better days, running 9th.

Travis Marshall and Tony Durbin battling for 24th.

Caution 2 on lap 72. Craig Jaysner has problems on track. he would continue, but a lap down.

NIKKI CURTIS IS UP TO 12TH! awesome run for her!

Top 10 as of lap 77.

Palmer Stiles looking for the lead.

He would take it away from Richards on the back stretch.

Nikki Curtis has made her way up to 11th. It's times like these you wonder why she doesn't have a Master Cup ride yet.

Steven Gill showing one of his better runs.

Richards looking for the lead. Radars say that there are rain clouds in the area.

top 10 as of lap 100.

The polesitter, Jack Bohart, is having a terrible run after leading the first 9 laps. must of been a qualifying setup...

Nikki Curtis still runs 11th. awesome job for her!

Dan Richards passes Lenny Wineburg and puts him a lap down.

Palmer stiles has a clutch failure as the caution comes out as it starts raining, tough luck for him.

Everybody pits expecting to have the rain let up, but after a 2 hour and 24 minute red flag, it is called an official race, which means that Dan Richards will win the Old School 200 at North Wilkesboro!

Nikki Curtis will finish 11th, awesome finish for her! Garth McCallister will come into the chase 1st in points after his 2nd place finish. Billy Bob Childers will finish 3rd. Lorne Roth and Phillip Kaslow will round out the top 5.
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ASCC Old School 200 (not for 56k users)

Post by Cynon on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:20 am

Results

The Chase Field:

12 Garth McCallister, Jr.
39 Dan Richards
33 Tony Durbin
28 Aaron Collins
5 Joe Olenick
25 Mike Whitmore
8 Travis Marshall
30 Roman Musico
01 Bobby Miller, Jr.
31 Bill Calhoun*
14 Frank Azure*
87 A.J. Murphy*
18 Jim Kidd**
3 Ethan Everett**

* Turns out, there's a three-way tie for 10th in points. I recall NASCAR once saying that if two drivers had the same number of points when it came time to set the field, they would let both of them into the chase. Calhoun would be in the Chase anyway...

** In the Chase on wins. Kidd was 15th in points, Everett in 19th.

Last edited by Cynon on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:24 am

Jim Kidd, or as how the fans dub him as "The Emperor of the Empire State" is running 19th.

I guess I don't get the reference, because:

New York acquired its nickname “Empire State” to recognize its vast wealth and variety of resources.

Georgia has been called the "Empire State of the South" because of its size and impressive economic growth.

Jim Kidd hails from Waco, Texas. That could make him the Emperor of the Lone Star State-- but I figured that title would go to Tony Durbin... Laughing

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 am

SnakePlissken wrote:
Jim Kidd, or as how the fans dub him as "The Emperor of the Empire State" is running 19th.

I guess I don't get the reference, because:

New York acquired its nickname “Empire State” to recognize its vast wealth and variety of resources.

Georgia has been called the "Empire State of the South" because of its size and impressive economic growth.

Jim Kidd hails from Waco, Texas. That could make him the Emperor of the Lone Star State-- but I figured that title would go to Tony Durbin... Laughing

Jim Kidd's won both races in the NY state Razz

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry, it's way too early and I'm way too tired to think that clearly! Laughing

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:53 am

Murphy Falls Back at North Wilkesboro, Makes Chase With 10th Place Tie

Despite his best efforts to give away a chase spot, A.J. Murphy found himself into the season-ending chase for the ASCC championship. "We certainly didn't do ourselves any favors today. We probably had no right to make this chase, but here we are, so let's make the most of it" Murphy said, admitting that he made things harder than they really needed to be.

He also took some time out to take a shot at Tom Delgado, who is rumored to be jumping to ASCC as part of his latest comeback for the 2013 season. "Tom should be focusing on getting healthy and living out his days with his beautiful wife. His 15 minutes of fame were up a long time ago!" Murphy said, as he continues to hold a personal grudge over not getting Delgado's 2012 TM Lights seat, which ended up going to John Jefferson.
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueThunderfan on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 am

Calhoun makes chase

Bill Calhoun had a quiet day at North Wilkesboro, and it was enough to get him in the chase for the Wrangler cup.

"gotta thank my team members for helping me out. i'm honestly suprised with this season as i didn't think i was going to do this well!"
BlueThunderfan
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Calvin Hobbes doesn't make the Chase, wishes the best of luck to his teammate.

"Seeing that I own this team and I didn't make the chase, I will ensure that my teammate this season is our primary focus for the remainder of the season." Hobbes told reporters in a post race interview, "I don't care if I have to sacrifice my car parts to ensure that Murphy stays or even wins the chase."

"So you're saying that you're willing to give up the ghost on this?"

"We're putting our resources to the more competent driver. Unlike some teams who give their parts to drivers with more sponsorship or their primary drivers. We here at Accelerator Motorsports actually work to get the better driver the better equipment. They work their tails off to get this far, I say we push them to the top. It doesn't mean I'm giving up, it's just that I want Murphy to succeed and show that even the smaller teams can take on, if not beat, the big dogs of the series."
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Posted the results and points.

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 pm

Spoiler:
Lester very happy with another Top 10 result

Casey Lester: Another Top 10! Can this rebound get any better?! This car was fast again today. 22nd in points isn't really the best I could have gotten, but it certainly isn't the worst. Aaron [Collins] has had a pretty good season, so I wish him good luck in the Chase.
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:26 pm

McLaw Indifferent on Day

"It was an uneventful day where we finished 15th. Nothing much to be interviewed. We missed the chase too, so go interview one of those guys who did instead."
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Nash Drops Like a Rock at North Wilkesboro

After another down day at Kentucky, Thomas Nash and his #7 Quaker State Bolden Chaser looked towards North Wilkesboro as a moral booster. That did not happen. Nash started a solid 12th, but quickly fell like a rock straight to a 32nd place finish in the rain-shortened ASCC Old School 200.

"Qualifying setup obviously didn't work today. Go talk to the Chase racers," was all that Nash murmured to the few reports that waited for him at his hauler.

Nash's season of frustration has taken its toll in the points, where Nash currently sits 33rd, 869 points behind points leader Garth McCallister, Jr.

Nash has not announced his plans for the 2013 ASCC season. Expect some sort of announcement to come out of the Nash stable within the next couple of races.
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top