Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here)

+30
simonracer
RealRacingRoots
Alpineopossum
LadyKathy
kriswascher97
Sparkz47
bsoyuz
RyanB06
RetrogradeRenegade
SpeedDemon37
bartman97
Ben Atkins
HawkAussie
bigdc48
Metro 6r4
Wizzie
BWard
AntmanB
navycook75
Alta
crl
Cynon
Jason Hamilton
pepsibottle1
Milan655
Dan Mackay
BBoy
Nascar9fan
Chives2112
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
34 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Empty Re: Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here)

Post by Alta Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 am

Fabian Coulthard takes race 2. Jamie Whincup blows a tire, lots on controversy with Scott McLaughlin. Crazy.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Empty Re: Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here)

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 am

For those who want to know what went on with McLaughlin - he jumped the start, albeit by a pretty slim margin, for which he received a 10-second pitstop penalty. Which was straightforward enough, but then a safety car came out halfway through the race before he had taken his penalty, which he then served under the SC conditions, dropping him back behind James Moffat who was on the same strategy (For reference, before the safety car, Moffat trailed McLaughlin by about 13 seconds, if not more). This led to a question mark hanging over him as normally you are not supposed to serve such a penalty under SC conditions. However, of course this wasn't sufficient for a serial whinger like Roland Dane who then complained to the stewards, who were going to settle the matter post-race. The stewards responded by slapping a 10 second post-race penalty on McLaughlin, who had charged from 9th back up to 3rd, only for the penalty to drop him back to 9th.

Oh, and the race featured Michael Caruso being a stooge. Again.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:30 am

James Courtney takes race #3 but not without Shane Van Gisbergen breathing down his neck the entire last 20 laps, Courtney hung on.

Jamie Whincup angered the fanbase after a collision with Chaz Mostert on the last lap which also took out James Moffat.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:45 am

Alta wrote:James Courtney takes race #3 but not without Shane Van Gisbergen breathing down his neck the entire last 20 laps, Courtney hung on.

Jamie Whincup angered the fanbase after a collision with Chaz Mostert on the last lap which also took out James Moffat.  

It looked like more of one those last lap deals to me. Although where Whincup stuck his nose in is not usually a place you can make a successful move that.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:18 am

BWardboy88 wrote:
Alta wrote:James Courtney takes race #3 but not without Shane Van Gisbergen breathing down his neck the entire last 20 laps, Courtney hung on.

It looked like more of one those last lap deals to me. Although where Whincup stuck his nose in is not usually a place you can make a successful move that.

Worst part is that NO penalty was given. I'm fairly certain when Courtney & Lowndes had a similar crash in 2008, Courtney was penalised
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:34 am

Here are the two similar incidents in question:

BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:37 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:It looked like more of one those last lap deals to me. Although where Whincup stuck his nose in is not usually a place you can make a successful move that.

Whincup had the position to start with, it was Mostert who was trying to pass him.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:40 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:It looked like more of one those last lap deals to me. Although where Whincup stuck his nose in is not usually a place you can make a successful move that.

Whincup had the position to start with, it was Mostert who was trying to pass him.

So I imagine that Mostert made his move on Whincup at the Turn 9 hairpin, but hadn't got the move done before they made contact?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:32 am

BWardboy88 wrote:

So I imagine that Mostert made his move on Whincup at the Turn 9 hairpin, but hadn't got the move done before they made contact?
Pretty much.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 am

CBS Sports has picked up V8 Supercars, so once again the United States has V8 coverage.

Adelaide will air on March 15th.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacingRoots Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:21 am

Alta wrote:CBS Sports has picked up V8 Supercars, so once again the United States has V8 coverage.

Adelaide will air on March 15th.

So CBS now has two of the best auto racing series in the world, and the BTCC. Not a bad haul for them in the last month or so.

Also I'm pretty sure RetrogradeRenegade has a Voodoo Doll of Chaz Mostert and is constantly stabbing it in the eyes, so I've had to overload my pinches of salt when talking about his crash with Whincup. There is still a standard that a SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME V8SC Champion has to put himselft to in high pressure moments, and this crash and the interview that followed just didn't fit that.
RealRacingRoots
RealRacingRoots
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crashbroke23

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am

RealRacingRoots wrote:Also I'm pretty sure RetrogradeRenegade has a Voodoo Doll of Chaz Mostert and is constantly stabbing it in the eyes, so I've had to overload my pinches of salt when talking about his crash with Whincup.  There is still a standard that a SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME SIX TIME V8SC Champion has to put himselft to in high pressure moments, and this crash and the interview that followed just didn't fit that.

Yes, because as we all know, calling somebody out on a mistake you think they made is tantamount to declaring a vendetta against them. Rolling Eyes I actually like Mostert, but that doesn't mean I will make excuses for him if I think he messed up.

Regardless of absolutely anything else, I cannot get past the fact that he did not give Whincup enough room there. Whether he should be there or should not be there is irrelevant to me in the face of that.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 am

Red Bull drivers aren't allowed to be penalised. Can't have Roland Dane throwing his toys out of the cot now can't we.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:30 pm

navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Red Bull Australia must be good a card games, because that is a STACKED deck.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:41 am

To me I think Shane VG is somewhat overdue for a championship in my opinion, but I think he can impress his future team with his performance this year. Tekno Autosport is a great driver and he's a fantastic driver, so I expect great things from the Kiwi this year, same with Scott McLaughlin.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:09 pm

Nick Percat and Oliver Gavin to pair up again for the Enduros this year.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/gavin-and-percat-pair-up-again
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:56 am

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:43 am

Not surprisingly really, he's been underperforming massively since his return. Scott Pye should give a much better idea of where that car stacks up.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:13 am

Not surprisingly really, he's been underperforming massively since his return. Scott Pye should give a much better idea of where that car stacks up.
Is 3 events really a good judge of things though? I would honestly think they would wait till mid-season if they wanted him out of the car.

Although it seems like Ambrose made the decision himself.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Alta wrote:

Is 3 events really a good judge of things though? I would honestly think they would wait till mid-season if they wanted him out of the car.

Although it seems like Ambrose made the decision himself.

Then again Dick Johnson Racing have done almost nothing worth of note since they won the championship with James Courtney in 2010, and downsizing to just a single car team isn't doing them any good.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Whincup's thoughts on the matter.

“I don’t want to speculate – I don’t think it’s got anything to do with performance, I’ll say that,” the Red Bull racer told v8supercars.com.au.

“I’m pretty sure his decision had nothing to do with the performance of his driving, or the car, or the team. He made that decision based on other factors.

“That, once again, is me speculating, but that’s my opinion."

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/whincup-ambrose-decision-not-based-on-performance
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:39 am

Sebastian Bourdais will partner Lee Holdsworth for Bathurst.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri May 01, 2015 11:54 am

BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Fri May 01, 2015 2:55 pm

>David Wall
>P1 in anything ever

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 What
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by simonracer Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 am

He's gone back to being a backmarker in qualifying and in the race.

simonracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by simonracer Sun May 03, 2015 2:54 am

Winterbottom won both races yesterday. Whincup went badly in the first race, but finished 2nd in the 2nd race.

Holdsworth had a quarter roll in qualifying today. It was not a big crash at all and the car was virtually undamaged.

simonracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by simonracer Sat May 16, 2015 3:16 am

Speedcafe about the V8 Supercars Race 1 at Winton today wrote:

No passes took place within the top 16 after the opening lap shuffle.
Says it all really.

Spoiler:

simonracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by simonracer Sun May 17, 2015 3:07 am

Race 3 today was a reasonably good race, featuring some good racing and unexpected twists.

Winterbottom won after holding off Fabian Coulthard. Lowndes was 3rd after leading at different points. Caruso charged in the end to take 4th, and Pye drove well to take 8th for DJRTP, getting as high as 4th at one point. Whincup only managed a 10th after a pretty average day by his standards, and Mostert finished last after spinning off and putting his Falcon on top of the tires while leading the race.

simonracer
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:39 am

Report from Speedcafe: V8 Supercars agrees to a deal with Malaysia to race on the Streets of Kuala Lampur next season
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 pm

zfitzwater599 wrote:Report from Speedcafe: V8 Supercars agrees to a deal with Malaysia to race on the Streets of Kuala Lampur next season
Here is a link to said article:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/03/v8-supercars-signs-malaysian-street-race-deal/

as well as a map of the future circuit and an idea of how turn 1 will appear. The frontstretch will run immediately west of the Petronas Twin Tower.
Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Sketch_Asia_kuala_lumpur_street_race_1920x1080

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Apex-KL-City-Grand-Prix-View-from-Petronas
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:00 pm

The layout isn't overly impressive to me to be honest. Not many overtaking areas?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Simona de Silvestro and Renee Gracie will race in the Bathurst 1000 this year in a Wildcard Entry provided by Prodrive Australia Racing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120355
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:03 pm

Out of all the female drivers in the world, they choose Renee Gracie No No No No No She's NOT ready for the V8's. Hell, her Dunlop results are still not up to code
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:20 pm

The Aaren and Drew Russell are also in a wildcard. They're both super talented for what is a family team on a budget. Will have the potential for a top 10 on Sunday if things go right for them.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 am

James Courtney is out of racing at Sydney Motorsport Park this weekend after being hospitalized in a freak accident off-track. Video below:
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 am

SpeedDemon37 wrote:
zfitzwater599 wrote:Report from Speedcafe: V8 Supercars agrees to a deal with Malaysia to race on the Streets of Kuala Lampur next season
Here is a link to said article:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/03/v8-supercars-signs-malaysian-street-race-deal/

as well as a map of the future circuit and an idea of how turn 1 will appear. The frontstretch will run immediately west of the Petronas Twin Tower.
Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Sketch_Asia_kuala_lumpur_street_race_1920x1080

Australian Motoracing General (V8 Supercars go here) - Page 7 Apex-KL-City-Grand-Prix-View-from-Petronas

The Formula Masters China series ran here a couple of weeks ago:

Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:15 am

Bombshell moment in Bathurst already.

Last year's winner Bathurst 1000 winner Chaz Mostert is done for the weekend after a scary wreck in qualifying where he nearly went over the wall, Chaz suffered a broken leg and wrist in the accident. Also 5 marshall were injured in the incident as the car completely wiped out a marshall's stand that was off to the left.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:49 am

Chaz's left femur was cleaned snapped in two by the gear lever. Two officials were checked and released from the infield medical centre, while one other official, who's name is Barry, was taken to Orange Hospital (about 70 miles West of Bathurst). That's the same hospital that Chaz was flown to.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Another scary one at Bathurst today, this time in the Aussie Racing Cars support class.

Damien Flack with a violent wreck that ends up out of the race track. He is conscious as of last report.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:03 am

Alta wrote:Another scary one at Bathurst today, this time in the Aussie Racing Cars support class.

Damien Flack with a violent wreck that ends up out of the race track. He is conscious as of last report.

The most awkward part of that, it was his brother that hit him.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:20 am

Bathurst 1000 happened last weekend and although it wasn't the shootout we've come to expect of the past several years at the end, it was still an alright race. For the 6th time on the mountain Craig Lowndes would win the Bathurst 1000.

Highlights including Renee Gracie wrecking the Supergirls car on lap 15, a mid-race rain shower, Scott Pye having a hard crash late in the race (Broke his ribs in the wreck), and Jamie Whincup for the 2nd year in a row with victory seeming to be in his hand makes a dumb decision that costs him the race this time in passing the safety car under yellow.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:20 am

Alta wrote:Highlights including Renee Gracie wrecking the Supergirls car on lap 15

To clarify - she was the first person on the scene after David Wall's engine blew and dumped oil on the track.
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:55 am

So I noticed Scott McLaughlin is right in the title fight this year - is it worth trying to get back into V8s, or is the racing still kinda meh like last year?
RetrogradeRenegade
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:15 pm

RetrogradeRenegade wrote:So I noticed Scott McLaughlin is right in the title fight this year - is it worth trying to get back into V8s, or is the racing still kinda meh like last year?
I'd say get back into it, the racing has been pretty fun this year.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:37 pm

DJRTP's Fabian Coulthard and Scott Pye in the Top 10 in Points Hope either or both Drivers Win Next Week at Barbagallo where Fabs has better Success at that Track than Pye does in my Opinion
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:16 am

Major Development: V8 Supercars will now be called Virgin Australian Supercars Championship Series the link is on my Facebook Page in case you don't know what I'm talking about
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Mon May 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Craig Lowndes (Race Cool and Mark Winterbottom (Race 9) Wins at Barbagallo disappointing race weekend for DJRTP
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue May 10, 2016 3:04 am

Both Barbagallo races were really good, V8s have been hot this year. 8 for 9 on different winners.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zfitzwater599 Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:34 am

Michael Caruso picked up his Second Win of his Career both at Darwin
zfitzwater599
zfitzwater599
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next