Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party

+3
Milan655
BWard
crl
7 posters

Go down

Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party Empty Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party

Post by crl Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:43 am

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party Empty Re: Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party

Post by BWard Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 am

How horrid of that man (R.Dennis).
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party Empty Re: Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party

Post by Milan655 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:53 am

He must have felt betrayed. Without Ron, Hamilton would not be in Formula One..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Milan655 wrote:He must have felt betrayed. Without Ron, Hamilton would not be in Formula One..

The fact that supposedly the other drivers also left because of Denis tells me this was more of a case of Hamilton making the tough decision based on this guy he dreamed of driving for turning out to be a major dic..tator. Part of me sort of understands that because hell if I want to be controlled by a dictator, I'd just go Drive for Ferrari.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm

RACECAR wrote:
Milan655 wrote:He must have felt betrayed. Without Ron, Hamilton would not be in Formula One..

The fact that supposedly the other drivers also left because of Denis tells me this was more of a case of Hamilton making the tough decision based on this guy he dreamed of driving for turning out to be a major dic..tator. Part of me sort of understands that because hell if I want to be controlled by a dictator, I'd just go Drive for Ferrari.

In all honesty, I don't see how a successful Formula 1 team can run without a "dictator." The only one I can think of was Lord Hesketh's team, and even that folded after a few years.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 pm

f1fan12 wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

In all honesty, I don't see how a successful Formula 1 team can run without a "dictator." The only one I can think of was Lord Hesketh's team, and even that folded after a few years.

James Hunt seemed to enjoy his time there Smile
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:46 pm

I wonder if Ron had been watching how Hamilton's season had gone this year, perhaps he could've been seeing the bad sides more than the good sides, thats just what I think though.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm

I think Ron finally figured out that Lewis is the most overrated driver in Formula 1 besides Schumacher.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am

f1fan12 wrote:In all honesty, I don't see how a successful Formula 1 team can run without a "dictator." The only one I can think of was Lord Hesketh's team, and even that folded after a few years.

I'm sort've under the impression Red Bull does, they just tend to show favoritism in the form of who gets new parts first. I can't imagine the back marker teams are run that way either since their results more or less don't really seem to improve.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 am

RACECAR wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:In all honesty, I don't see how a successful Formula 1 team can run without a "dictator." The only one I can think of was Lord Hesketh's team, and even that folded after a few years.

I'm sort've under the impression Red Bull does, they just tend to show favoritism in the form of who gets new parts first. I can't imagine the back marker teams are run that way either since their results more or less don't really seem to improve.

"Pedro, Narain is faster. Than. You."

Ron Dennis snubbed Lewis's McLaren farewell party NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

crl wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

said no one ever
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

crl wrote:
RACECAR wrote:

I never thought that sentence could be uttered
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:40 am

I read where, in his contract negotiations with McLaren (when trying to get an extension beyond 2012), Lewis was trying to get it to where he could keep any trophies he won. Of course, the McLaren policy is that all trophies won by their drivers become property of the team, and the drivers can have replicas made, which they have to pay for.

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:38 am

RACECAR wrote:

Ron Dennis is a fantastic team owner with a fantastic history in Formula 1. Look at it this way, they were the "Ferrari" of the early 90's. No one (except Williams in 93) could touch them. They definatly favord Senna. I will admittingly say, I don't like Ferrari. They are the kings of Favoritism to one driver. If I had two contract offers in F1, 2nd Driver in Ferrari or Lead Driver at Sauber. I would actually consider the Sauber over the Ferrari, based on my thought that the 2nd driver at Ferrari is doomed to fail. Ferrari works in a way where they can't really have two equal drivers, example Kimi and Felipe. Granted Kimi won the title in 07, and Felipe almost won it in 08. They really didn't make it work. Ferrari consitantly made Rubens, and now Felipe give way to, The "higher profile" teammate and they always got the worst end. Horner does it with Vettel, but I don't think as bad as Dennis or any former Ferrari team principal.

What I am trying to say is, nowadays an interteam battle for the championship hasn't happened for a while. And quite honestly I don't think it will happen for a while. So favoring one driver over the other mid-way through the season actually isn't all that bad.

Back on Ron Dennis, I think he got fed up with Lewis' somewhat celeberty attitude. I don't think Dennis wanted the "Beiber of F1." He wants two racing drivers who get the job done. Not a driver who's personal life overtakes his racing ability. So Dennis was more than happy to see Lewis leave, IMHO!

Sorry for the annoying rant! Very Happy
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 pm

crl wrote:I read where, in his contract negotiations with McLaren (when trying to get an extension beyond 2012), Lewis was trying to get it to where he could keep any trophies he won. Of course, the McLaren policy is that all trophies won by their drivers become property of the team, and the drivers can have replicas made, which they have to pay for.

I can get the team wanting trophies, but drivers having to pay for replicas?!? That seems kinda low scratch
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote="f1fan12"][quote="RACECAR"]
f1fan12 wrote:Ron Dennis is a fantastic team owner with a fantastic history in Formula 1. Look at it this way, they were the "Ferrari" of the early 90's. No one (except Williams in 93) could touch them. They definatly favord Senna. I will admittingly say, I don't like Ferrari. They are the kings of Favoritism to one driver. If I had two contract offers in F1, 2nd Driver in Ferrari or Lead Driver at Sauber.

Either way, you would end up at Ferrari Wink
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down