2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 pm

RBR
1. Sebastien Vettel
2. Mark Webber

Notes: Line-up remains the same, no third driver news but I would expect Antonio Felix da Costa. If you look at the standings of the World Series by Renault, you would understand why...

Ferrari
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Felipe Massa
T. Davide Rigon

Notes: Line up remains the same from 2012.

Mclaren
5. Jenson Button
6. Sergio Perez

Notes: Confirmed line up, Hamilton to Mercedes with Perez from Sauber. Third driver could be Kevin Magnussen.

Lotus
7. Kimi Raikkonen
8. ?

Notes: Second driver has not been confirmed. Strong possibility of a Grosjean return, however both Edo Mortara (DTM race winner) and Davide Valsecchi are lined up for young driver tests.

Mercedes
9. Nico Rosberg
10. Lewis Hamilton

Notes: Schumi retires, Hamilton enters the end of his career.

Sauber
11. Nico Hulkenberg
12. Esteban Gutierrez

Notes: Nico Hulkenberg moves from Force India. Gutierrez takes the second seat.

Force India
14. Paul di Resta
15. ?

Notes: Paul stays, Hulkenberg goes to Sauber. Possibility of Jules Bianchi (Ferrari Academy Driver), Luiz Razia or Jonny Cecotto to take the 2nd seat. Jules Bianchi is the current 3rd driver, and has started a set of young driver tests this year for both Ferrari and Force India, so I would consider him a favourite.

Williams
16. Pastor Maldonado
17. Valtteri Bottas

Notes: Maldonado and Bottas

Toro Rosso
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Jean-Eric Vergne

Notes: Despite their dreadful 2012 campaign, they will return. Ricciardo has shown he has speed in qualifying, but come race day he drops out of the window. Vergne was a disappointment, considering his credentials and last years Abu Dhabi young drivers test..

Caterham
20. Charles Pic
21. ?

Notes: Bruno Senna has been linked to a seat here. Charles Pic is confirmed, a driver with money likely to pair.

Marussia
22. Timo Glock
23. Max Chilton

Notes: Max Chilton joins Timo Glock.

Hispania
24. Pedro de La Rosa
25. (Cucumber?)

Notes: HRT condition unknown, looking for buyer.


Last edited by Milan655 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by BWard on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:27 am

"Hamilton enters the end of his career" true.

At least this thread is good enough to post regularly updates in the world of F1.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5821
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 am

Milan655 wrote:
Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Felipe Massa
T. Davide Rigon
That name reminds me of how BurningThunder pronounces "David Ragan."
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by RACECAR on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am

Milan655 wrote:
Mercedes
1. Nico Rosberg
2. Lewis Hamilton

Notes: Schumi retires, Hamilton ends his career.

Fixed.
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Daxam_Stark on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car, and Hamilton will most likely be the first driver at Mercedes..

I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Caterham.......If I were to take a guess, Charles Pic and Vitaly Petrov will be in the two cars ((even though Petrov deserves a better seat and Pic needs to prove himself.))

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Although this is unlikely to happen, I know last year that we all thought Clint Bowyer was basically ending his career to go to MWR but proved us all wrong. With that said, who knows what will happen?

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Daxam_Stark on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

He's Marussia's test and reserve driver, so clearly they don't seem to think so.

The following seems to confirm that Marussia will toss him in there
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-2226413/Max-Chilton-set-Marussia-drive-funding-boost.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I do hope Alguersuari gets an F1 seat next year. Maybe the other Force India or Sauber perhaps?

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:51 pm

I don't think that their will be a chance for Alguersuari to make it into Sauber and Force India unfortunately. Sauber look like they will be putting Gutierrez in alongside Hulkenberg, while Force India seem more interested in Jules Bianchi. Interestingly, both Force India and Sauber have become a feeder team of Ferrari; Sauber have always developed Ferrari youth drivers (Massa, Perez etc.) in return for a Ferrari engine, while Force India have been keeping Jules Bianchi as a test driver and (potentially) are readying him for a seat beside Di Resta next year. Also, I think that Hulkenberg will be replacing Massa for 2014, as I said, Sauber always have developed youth drivers for Ferrari and they have also shown great interest for Hulkenberg...?
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Cynon on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

It was the second day of the Young Drivers Test today.

Red Bull
Antonio Felix da Costa was fastest, after placing 2nd yesterday. Considering his incredible performance in the WSR, I think he will be confirmed to replace Webber for 2014.

Lotus
Lotus had DTM's Edo Mortara step in for Nicolas Prost, the son of 4(/3) time world champion Alain Prost, who had driven in the first day. Mortara set a time of 1:43.418, 7 tenths faster than Prost. Valsecchi is in the car next.

Sauber
Esteban Gutierrez was in the seat for day 2, while Robin Frijns was in the car for day 1. Gutierrez was 3 tenths ahead of Frijns and with the sponsorship (TelMex) he carries, in comparison to Kobayashi and Frijns, I think this will pretty much mean he will be in Sauber.

In other news...
Force India
Alongside Paul, it appears either Adrian Sutil or Bruno Senna will make an appearance. Both have sponsorship and a fair bit of talent. Buemi was also rumoured for the seat, but he carries little sponsorship money. Basically, don't expect Buemi to return to Formula One unless he gets a few £million put into his pocket.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Cynon on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Gutierrez taking Kobash's seat at Sauber is probably the worst kept secret in F1 for quite some time. I don't think he's nearly as good as Perez is, though, so he's probably going to get annihilated by Hulkenberg.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Valsecchi fastest for Lotus today. I believe he has money, so potentially a seat in Formula One awaits him...but what of Romain Grosjean then?
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Dan Mackay on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

im sure grosjean has some money somewhere Razz
avatar
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 465
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23
Location : Somewhere

View user profile http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

Dan Mackay wrote:im sure grosjean has some money somewhere Razz

I think he got his seat mostly because he's managed by Eric Bouiller. Though obviously, winning the GP2 crown probably didn't hurt, either.
avatar
RetrogradeRenegade
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 721
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 25
Location : ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Jason Hamilton on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Honestly I can't see Sutil returning to F1. I actually think Senna could have done bettee this year if not for him usually missing FP1 for the overrated Bottas
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:36 am

Updated first post with information from here: http://efr1.forumotion.com/t2657-pic-to-caterham-gutierrez-to-sauber

7 seats still available
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by flyingturns89 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 pm

There are rumors that the day after the Brazil race, HRT will lay off all of its employees and shut down. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but the question is would there be a team to take their place?
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by BWard on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 am

flyingturns89 wrote:There are rumors that the day after the Brazil race, HRT will lay off all of its employees and shut down. Not sure if there is any truth to it, but the question is would there be a team to take their place?

I would've thought of US F1 team if HRT would shut down, but that team never made it to F1 so I wouldn't say so.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5821
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Metro 6r4 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 am

Isn't there a gap where another team could because of US F1 shut down? And whatever happened to that Serbian F1 team with the old toyota car?
avatar
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:03 am

There has been a free entry spot since 2010, which initially would have been US F1, and FOM attempted to sell this position for 2011 but found no suitable entrants. Among these were Prodrive (GT and Prototype team, VERY successful), a re-badged USF1 named "Cypher", an effort by GP2 team "Durango" with Villeneuve, Epsilon Euskadi (who produced LMP1 cars and is currently one of the feeder teams of Red Bull) and the most prominent was Stefan Grand Prix, which had the Toyota chassis but the team fell through.

Potentially, if FOM were to re-open registrations (which I believe it would be too late), Volkswagen had been interested in making an entrance. Although, they also mentioned it would be around 2018 when they do make a bid.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Metro 6r4 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:28 am

Milan655 wrote:There has been a free entry spot since 2010, which initially would have been US F1, and FOM attempted to sell this position for 2011 but found no suitable entrants. Among these were Prodrive (GT and Prototype team, VERY successful), a re-badged USF1 named "Cypher", an effort by GP2 team "Durango" with Villeneuve, Epsilon Euskadi (who produced LMP1 cars and is currently one of the feeder teams of Red Bull) and the most prominent was Stefan Grand Prix, which had the Toyota chassis but the team fell through.

Potentially, if FOM were to re-open registrations (which I believe it would be too late), Volkswagen had been interested in making an entrance. Although, they also mentioned it would be around 2018 when they do make a bid.

I heard Porsche were interested at one point and there was a team named Brabham that was in the running when sign ups started but they got into trouble for illegally using the Brabham name.
avatar
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Alpineopossum on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Right Now Here is how the 2013 lineup looks
Red Bull - 1 - Sebastian Vettel
Red Bull - 2 - Mark Webber
Ferrari - 3 - Fernando Alonso
Ferrari - 4 - Felipe Massa
McLaren - 5 - Jenson Button
McLaren - 6 - Sergio Perez
Lotus - 7 - Kimi Raikkonen
Lotus - 8 - Romain Grosjean or ???
Mercedes - 9 - Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes - 10 - Nico Rosberg
Sauber - 11 - Nico Hulkenberg
Sauber - 12 - Esteben Gutirrez
Force India - 14 - Paul di Resta
Force India - 15 - Jules Bianchi or Narain Karthikayen or Adrian Sutil or ???
Williams - 16 - Pastor Maldanado or ???
Williams - 17 - Bruno Senna or ???
Toro Rosso - 18 - Jean-Eric Vergne
Toro Rosso - 19 - Daniel Riccardio
Caterham - 20 - Charles Pic
Caterham - 21 - Heikki Kovaloinen or Vitaly Petrov or ???
Marussia - 22 - Timo Glock
Marussia - 23 - Max Chilton
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by BWard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Well, no more for HRT in F1 anymore, but I'm not all that surprised.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5821
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Updated OP.

HRT will be in the sport next year, but will be under a different owner. They are in talks with several groups on the potential sale of the team.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by BWard on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Wait, so HRT are not exactly done with F1? Now I am surprised.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5821
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Wait, so HRT are not exactly done with F1? Now I am surprised.

They will switch ownership, though. Apparently, if the current owners can't find a buyer by December they're gone.


Last edited by Sparkz47 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Electric Wolf on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

Hulkenberg could go to Red Bull if Vettel were to go to Ferrari because Red Bull is a German company, but I think they'd do just about anything to keep Vettel there and IDK where Webber would go. Ferrari, maybe?
avatar
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1339
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

Hulkenberg could go to Red Bull if Vettel were to go to Ferrari because Red Bull is a German company, but I think they'd do just about anything to keep Vettel there and IDK where Webber would go. Ferrari, maybe?

Red Bull is a Thai-Austrian company. Also, Hulkenberg won't go to Red Bull, but is more likely to Ferrari. Next year he joins Sauber, Ferrari's feeder team, and has also been linked with a move to Ferrari since Canada.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Electric Wolf on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

Hulkenberg could go to Red Bull if Vettel were to go to Ferrari because Red Bull is a German company, but I think they'd do just about anything to keep Vettel there and IDK where Webber would go. Ferrari, maybe?

Red Bull is a Thai-Austrian company. Also, Hulkenberg won't go to Red Bull, but is more likely to Ferrari. Next year he joins Sauber, Ferrari's feeder team, and has also been linked with a move to Ferrari since Canada.

Whoops. Must have been thinking of that Dietrich Mateschitz guy.
avatar
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1339
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Casey Lester wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

Hulkenberg could go to Red Bull if Vettel were to go to Ferrari because Red Bull is a German company, but I think they'd do just about anything to keep Vettel there and IDK where Webber would go. Ferrari, maybe?

Red Bull is a Thai-Austrian company. Also, Hulkenberg won't go to Red Bull, but is more likely to Ferrari. Next year he joins Sauber, Ferrari's feeder team, and has also been linked with a move to Ferrari since Canada.

Whoops. Must have been thinking of that Dietrich Mateschitz guy.

He is the owner of the European Red Bull, but he is an Austrian rather than a German.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am

Williams confirm Maldo and Bottas
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:13 am

Just want to point out the car numbers are out of order. Caterham is ahead of Marussia, so Caterham has #20 and #21, and Marussia has #22 and #23.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Marussia will probably throw Chilton in their second car
I'm amazed Toro Rosso is keeping their drivers. I thought their usual pattern was to toss them out after a year.

Chilton definitely has skill, but he's a bit young I would think scratch

I agree, they really made a mistake with throwing out Alguersuari and placing Buemi as reserve driver, they were both very good

His pounds are very important to a team like Marussia. Wink

To be honest, I think Hulkenberg is going to replace Massa as #2 Ferrari driver in 2014 unless Ferrari can nab Vettel from Red Bull. Otherwise it's a dead end for Hulk, and considering that I don't like him anyway, that doesn't bother me much.

Hulkenberg could go to Red Bull if Vettel were to go to Ferrari because Red Bull is a German company, but I think they'd do just about anything to keep Vettel there and IDK where Webber would go. Ferrari, maybe?

Red Bull is a Thai-Austrian company. Also, Hulkenberg won't go to Red Bull, but is more likely to Ferrari. Next year he joins Sauber, Ferrari's feeder team, and has also been linked with a move to Ferrari since Canada.

Whoops. Must have been thinking of that Dietrich Mateschitz guy.

He is the owner of the European Red Bull, but he is an Austrian rather than a German.

I STILL can't see an equally good, if not better driver going to team with Fernando Alonso, especially after what had happened in 2007, so I could see Hulkenberg going to Ferrari, especially if he does well in the Sauber
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Milan655 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 pm

HRT are absent from the entry list.
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Alta on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 pm

Milan655 wrote:HRT are absent from the entry list.
All of my sad. Sad
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by PYLrulz on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Alta wrote:
Milan655 wrote:HRT are absent from the entry list.
All of my sad. Sad

Don't worry, it was for the better of that team.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by RACECAR on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 pm

So, would anyone like to combine funds and buy all of their assets? Not to run it (because thats just optimistic), but just for the sake of going "I have a Formula 1 car, your argument is invalid".
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by bigdc48 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Does anyone know why no F1 team uses number 13? Suspect
avatar
bigdc48
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 919
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 24
Location : Manchester, NH (near Boston)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 pm

bigdc48 wrote:Does anyone know why no F1 team uses number 13? Suspect

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/why-there-is-no-number-13-in-formula-1/
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 F1 Teams and Drivers

Post by navycook75 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:
bigdc48 wrote:Does anyone know why no F1 team uses number 13? Suspect

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/why-there-is-no-number-13-in-formula-1/
I thought it was because when the number is uttered to Bernie, he becomes super sayian and takes over the world...
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum