The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 pm

avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by BWard on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 pm

IndyCar is dead? Who knows what will happen next since he's no more.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5822
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:IndyCar is dead? Who knows what will happen next since he's no more.

you obviously haven't seen the second part of the rumor.....it involves a certain Baking Soda magnate being put back in power. I hope that part won't be true.


Last edited by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 pm

I posted a link similar to this story in another thread for the sake of having to make another thread. But since this is a big deal, I guess it deserves its own thread. Yeah. I'm really worried about the direction of where IndyCar could be going. I can't figure out how Bernard could've gotten fired when he's done everything he can to make IndyCar improve as much as he can.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by BWard on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:40 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:I posted a link similar to this story in another thread for the sake of having to make another thread. But since this is a big deal, I guess it deserves its own thread. Yeah. I'm really worried about the direction of where IndyCar could be going. I can't figure out how Bernard could've gotten fired when he's done everything he can to make IndyCar improve as much as he can.

I see what you mean, but he wasn't he part of the time when controversy struck last year? When at New Hampshire a restart occurred when rain began to fall and caused carnage on the track. I'm sure I've heard that he got blamed for the incident, as well as another official possibly.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5822
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:43 pm

it's not as much as Randy Benards being fired as much as the prospect if a possible return of Tony George.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2423
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:55 pm



Damn I miss CART!


Last edited by f1fan12 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Alta on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:56 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:I posted a link similar to this story in another thread for the sake of having to make another thread. But since this is a big deal, I guess it deserves its own thread. Yeah. I'm really worried about the direction of where IndyCar could be going. I can't figure out how Bernard could've gotten fired when he's done everything he can to make IndyCar improve as much as he can.

I see what you mean, but he wasn't he part of the time when controversy struck last year? When at New Hampshire a restart occurred when rain began to fall and caused carnage on the track. I'm sure I've heard that he got blamed for the incident, as well as another official possibly.
Even know Brian Barnhart was the race director.

So who's ready for Nascar Open Wheel edition.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by JMac525 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Terrible decision. I tried to make positives out of this situation, but I could not even find one.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by crl on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm

So, let's see, the man brings back the Triple Crown; puts together a smart TV package for 2013, that puts the majority of the Summer races on ABC; we have a season where the Scottish wanker doesn't win the title, and an American won it instead; Indy 500 ratings were the highest they'd been since 2008, and this year's 500 didn't have you-know-who in it, either; and so much other stuff that made IndyCar much better, and he gets fired.

Yes, Las Vegas is the big red mark on his legacy, but Bernard did a lot more for IndyCar in three seasons than George did in 15.

Dumb, dumb, DUMB. And Penske himself said, "The board continues to show poor judgment."

Hey, board: LISTEN TO PENSKE, YOU FUCKING MORONS!

Oh, I almost forgot: shoving Barnhart out of race control brought back a lot of credibility, too.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by JMac525 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm

crl wrote:So, let's see, the man brings back the Triple Crown; puts together a smart TV package for 2013, that puts the majority of the Summer races on ABC; we have a season where the Scottish wanker doesn't win the title, and an American won it instead; Indy 500 ratings were the highest they'd been since 2008, and this year's 500 didn't have you-know-who in it, either; and so much other stuff that made IndyCar much better, and he gets fired.

Yes, Las Vegas is the big red mark on his legacy, but Bernard did a lot more for IndyCar in three seasons than George did in 15.

Dumb, dumb, DUMB. And Penske himself said, "The board continues to show poor judgment."

Hey, board: LISTEN TO PENSKE, YOU FUCKING MORONS!

Oh, I almost forgot: shoving Barnhart out of race control brought back a lot of credibility, too.

I agree with 100% of this.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Lucstar88 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

I started watching INDYCAR this year & i was impressed...
Hearing this makes me worry about the future of this series
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2686
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:31 pm

When Penske talks, most people listen. Unless they are far to stupid to comprehend.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Mystrsyko on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:35 pm

This makes me wonder if they have a good reason to do this. You don't fire someone that has that much of a positive effect on your company without a heck of a good reason. Unfortunately, I suspect that the reason is $$$$$$$$
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by crl on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm outing this dumbass from SPEED.com:

besweeet
I feel kinda bad for the guy. From the fans' point of view, it seems as though a lot of positive changes has happened to IndyCar ever since he took over (shall I make a list?). I wonder when they'll be posting some reasons as to why he was actually "fired."

NASCAR should take IndyCar over. *Waits for the trolls.* Seriously... They'd get the best press, TV coverage, fan support, and more. The racing itself this year has been fantastic, and next year's IndyCar schedule seems pretty awesome, so they should leave that alone.

I don't understand why people are saying thing like "I'm done with IndyCar." How does this particular move affect you? I don't care how much people swapping they do, I'll still be a fan.


I'll tell you how it affects people, dumbass: Bernard passed out his business card to fans in the paddock. Does Brian France do that? Bernie Ecclestone? NO! Bernard listened to the fans, instead of shoving things onto them out of left field and expecting them to love it.

Oh, and NASCAR taking over IndyCar? Yeah, that would be smart. Watch a stupid-ass Chase be installed into the sport. Yeah, that would be great.[/sarcasm]

God, I hate stupid people.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:53 pm

crl wrote:I'm outing this dumbass from SPEED.com:

besweeet
I feel kinda bad for the guy. From the fans' point of view, it seems as though a lot of positive changes has happened to IndyCar ever since he took over (shall I make a list?). I wonder when they'll be posting some reasons as to why he was actually "fired."

NASCAR should take IndyCar over. *Waits for the trolls.* Seriously... They'd get the best press, TV coverage, fan support, and more. The racing itself this year has been fantastic, and next year's IndyCar schedule seems pretty awesome, so they should leave that alone.

I don't understand why people are saying thing like "I'm done with IndyCar." How does this particular move affect you? I don't care how much people swapping they do, I'll still be a fan.


I'll tell you how it affects people, dumbass: Bernard passed out his business card to fans in the paddock. Does Brian France do that? Bernie Ecclestone? NO! Bernard listened to the fans, instead of shoving things onto them out of left field and expecting them to love it.

Oh, and NASCAR taking over IndyCar? Yeah, that would be smart. Watch a stupid-ass Chase be installed into the sport. Yeah, that would be great.[/sarcasm]

God, I hate stupid people.

He clearly has no idea what happened 16 years ago when CART and IRL were split apart at the time. And yeah. Like NASCAR hasn't taken over enough racing series already. Rolling Eyes

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:16 pm

f1fan12 wrote:When Penske talks, most people listen. Unless they are far to stupid to comprehend.

I'm afraid the IndyCar higher-ups may be in the latter category.
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Alta on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 pm

crl wrote:I'm outing this dumbass from SPEED.com:

besweeet
I feel kinda bad for the guy. From the fans' point of view, it seems as though a lot of positive changes has happened to IndyCar ever since he took over (shall I make a list?). I wonder when they'll be posting some reasons as to why he was actually "fired."

NASCAR should take IndyCar over. *Waits for the trolls.* Seriously... They'd get the best press, TV coverage, fan support, and more. The racing itself this year has been fantastic, and next year's IndyCar schedule seems pretty awesome, so they should leave that alone.

I don't understand why people are saying thing like "I'm done with IndyCar." How does this particular move affect you? I don't care how much people swapping they do, I'll still be a fan.


I'll tell you how it affects people, dumbass: Bernard passed out his business card to fans in the paddock. Does Brian France do that? Bernie Ecclestone? NO! Bernard listened to the fans, instead of shoving things onto them out of left field and expecting them to love it.

Oh, and NASCAR taking over IndyCar? Yeah, that would be smart. Watch a stupid-ass Chase be installed into the sport. Yeah, that would be great.[/sarcasm]

God, I hate stupid people.
The funny thing is he streams Nascar/Indycar races on Justin.tv.

If Penske had some influence in this like everyone is saying then i'll have another reason to despise him. I'm waiting for more to come out on this...cause this all sounds so sudden and worst case scenarios are flying everywhere. But either way...I'm really scared about 2013 racing season in general...just bad news everywhere and decisions being made that make me question the thought process of certain people in motorsport.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by Mystrsyko on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Robin Miller gives his take on it:

http://www.speedtv.com//video/wind-tunnel/robin-miller/wind-tunnel-robin-miller-1930895052001/1#_vtop

Favorite quote by RM: "The reaction from the fans in Indycar is going to be violent, and it's going to be negative..."

He's pretty much the only person who's opinion on American open wheel racing I respect, because he's been connected to it for so long. Also David Hobbs give his take on it at the end
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The rumor that wouldn't die is gonna turn out true.

Post by PYLrulz on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Unless they got someone better, this WILL NOT end well.

Why must racing in America die like this?!?
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum