Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have you driven/are going to drive?

+6
JMac525
pennst24
BWard
Rykia
Metro 6r4
Milan655
10 posters

Go down

What have you driven/are going to drive? Empty What have you driven/are going to drive?

Post by Milan655 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm

So, what forms of motorsport have you driven in or will compete in? This can include test sessions, A&D karting and marshalling etc.

I competed at club level at Buckmore Park and Bayford Meadows from 1999-2006, including a few visits to the national Comer Cadet championship (without success). I competed against Scott Malvern in 1999-2000 in Comer Cadets at Bayford Meadows and Buckmore Park, where he won the championship I believe. Across the 7 years, I drove in Comer Cadets until 2001, and Junior TKM from there up until 2006 when I reached 16. I turned to renting Caterhams at track days for 2007 before I competed in the Caterham Academy in 2008. I took a podium at Mallory, despite sticking it into the pit wall..It cost too much however, and I returned to Buckmore Park in Senior Rotax for 2010 and 2011, with a win in one of the finals. I stopped racing at the end of 2011 after a crash in a practice session at the start of 2011. Aside from my accountancy job in Thailand, I coach a colleagues son now who competes in rental karts.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What have you driven/are going to drive? Empty Re: What have you driven/are going to drive?

Post by Metro 6r4 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Milan655 wrote:So, what forms of motorsport have you driven in or will compete in? This can include test sessions, A&D karting and marshalling etc.

I competed at club level at Buckmore Park and Bayford Meadows from 1999-2006, including a few visits to the national Comer Cadet championship (without success). I competed against Scott Malvern in 1999-2000 in Comer Cadets at Bayford Meadows and Buckmore Park, where he won the championship I believe. Across the 7 years, I drove in Comer Cadets until 2001, and Junior TKM from there up until 2006 when I reached 16. I turned to renting Caterhams at track days for 2007 before I competed in the Caterham Academy in 2008. I took a podium at Mallory, despite sticking it into the pit wall..It cost too much however, and I returned to Buckmore Park in Senior Rotax for 2010 and 2011, with a win in one of the finals. I stopped racing at the end of 2011 after a crash in a practice session at the start of 2011. Aside from my accountancy job in Thailand, I coach a colleagues son now who competes in rental karts.

I remember you sticking it in that wall as well. before i had my proper camera though. I have looked into something like junior rallycross, I have a friend who is currently building a saxmax car (you may recently have heard that the saxmax championship is no more) but he'll probably use it in the stock hatch. I certainly intend to compete, possibly in stock hatch, nippon challenge, citroen 2cv maybe. My one goal is to own/use a Metro 6r4 race/rally car(hence the name). I happen to know a lot of people who run cars as well: Ken Clarke who prepares Austin race cars, McMillan Motorsport is ran by a friend of my dad's, AHS who do formula vee cars, so i've got plenty of people to beg for rides! Laughing
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

What have you driven/are going to drive? Empty Re: What have you driven/are going to drive?

Post by Rykia Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:09 pm

I would like to get into racing, but lack the resources lol. Most I've really done is run go-karts around various tracks in the area, including one off to the side of my mom's yard. That go-kart sadly barely goes anymore though Sad I'm looking at getting a job at my local dirt track next year though.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm

I've only ever done Go Karting sessions before, at a Kart place called Daytona (no not the race track in America) in Milton Keynes, UK. I even plan on racing in NASCAR in the future but I still got a long wait, and I haven't done Karting since my birthday earlier this year.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I have raced go karts at Palm Beach International Raceway. Won some races and competed in a lower division karting race on the same day Dan Wheldon was competing in the main race, although my team had a bad day that day so we left the track early, so I never met him. Also tested a Spec Racer Ford at PBIR, the same car that is available in iRacing. That's about it though.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:I've only ever done Go Karting sessions before, at a Kart place called Daytona (no not the race track in America) in Milton Keynes, UK. I even plan on racing in NASCAR in the future but I still got a long wait, and I haven't done Karting since my birthday earlier this year.

Daytona are really good, they've got a couple tracks set up around the country, one of which is in Sandown only slightly away from me
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 pm

While I've never raced officially, my dad and I have both raced in some amateur go kart races at New Castle Motorsports Park. That is a facility ran by former Indycar driver Mark Dismore, and where drivers such as Josef Newgarden got their start. I wish I could get more into it, but like a lot of others here I like the time,money, and resources to do it.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Was karting for about 5 years recently had to stop due to lack of money. Have about 30 some odd wins, a track championship and a runner up finish.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:11 pm

I've raced on dirt tracks in NSW since 2008. I started in a category called Junior Sedans, which is for 14-17 year olds in small hatches, I raced in a Ford Laser, and won my first heat Very Happy. I've also done some karting at Eastern Creek Karting (a Kart complex behind the main circuit.) but that was with family and friends. I'm now currently in a category called Modified Productions, which is for V6 and V8 cars, e.g. Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores. I recently done a V8 Supercar drive at Wakefield Park. My sister (who is 10 years older than me) used to races Karts, and one of the guys she races against who James Courtney (2010 V8 Supercar champion).
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 am

Have no money to get into real racing.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 am

I raced in karting for a few years. Mostly in Ohio but also in PA and IN. My driver coach also taught Danica Patrick, Scott Speed, JR Hildebrand, and a few others. I ran against Timmy Meginbeyer who races in USF2000 now for Afterburner Autosport. In my karting career I have a handful of wins in the junior division but one in the main event. I remember that this was around the time of the Cleveland Grand Prix, because I remember Sébastien Bourdais wrecking out the day after my first victory. Brenton Sanatee was usually the man to beat in the WKA league I raced in. Myself and Hunter McGrath passed him mid way through the race and he had another driver named Andrew Bujdoso to deal with. With five laps to go on the relatively short Thompson circuit, Hunter hit the back of my kart hard. I felt his kart hit my head. He was black flagged but I kept driving and won the race. I haven't raced karts much since 2008, although I did run the soap box derby last year.

My father has a more intersting story that I do. He raced at Indianapolis and at Daytona at various points in his career, but that's a story for another day.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm

What forms of Karting do you have in North America? I assume it couldn't be too different to European forms..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down