Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed

3 posters

Go down

Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed Empty Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 pm

After the heavy crash Harriet Wallace suffered at the Grand Detour of Quincy, and some influence from the loss of Scott Morales in the ARLA series, the Dash Cup CEO Ryan Truro has released there is some doubts that the American Tour will go ahead. Truro has spoken with officials and has said that after Wallace's crash, the chances of a race at Grand Detour were "zero to none" and that the race would be moved due to safety concerns, but now with extra thought, he is wondering whether the tour should go on at all.

"Most oval tracks have safety regulations, but we're extremely concerned about the tracks we chosen." said Truro; "We don't want any risks with driver safety, and if necessary we will cut the season short, but it's unlikely. We've talked to the track owners at Carbondale, and we could still have our short track race."

As Truro said, Quincy has been removed in favour of what is more than likely going to be a Carbondale date, and New York will probably stay due to the high amount of funding the event has, but it's obvious that the last few weeks have shaken up everyone in motorsports.

(OOC: New York is staying, but I couldn't go a single Quincy race without PAINDEATH, so someone suggested DECATUR Carbondale.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed Empty Re: Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed

Post by Sparkz47 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Willard Stanton supports series officials; sends condolences to the Morales family

"While I have to say, I was rather looking forward to Quincy, I understand the decision to remove it from the schedule. The track is known for it's many crashes, and at a time like this, under these circumstances, I think it's wise not to take any unnecessary risks," Stanton commented.

While he was supportive of the schedule change, Willard also commended officials on smartly identifying the issue.

"I don't like it when everyone starts having knee-jerk reactions to these sorts of things, usually something along the lines of taking ovals away completely; I couldn't disagree with that more. I think Dash Cup is handling the situation very well by realizing that not all ovals are unsafe and considering all their options. I look forward to the American tour, and I'll be keeping Scott in my thoughts and prayers."
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed Empty Re: Americas Tour in doubt; Quincy removed

Post by Cardinals5 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm

OOC: Why not do a road course not currently used by a series?
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:57 am

Cardinals5 wrote:OOC: Why not do a road course not currently used by a series?

I kinda honestly intended these last two races of the season to fend the series away from some ovals setting up for a primarily-road course series next year (that doesn't mean these races are going to be fail Razz) instead of a half and half split, but it's not a bad idea.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down