2013 TM Lights Silly Season Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2013 TM Lights Silly Season Thread

Post by Cardinals5 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Team CTR Confirms TM Lights Bid

Team CTR officials have confirmed that the team will be pursuing a TM lights bid with backing from Lenard in 2013. They have also confirmed that current ASCC driver Joe Olenick would be the team's driver if they are accepted.

The team stated that they have sponsorship lined up and intend to use - what else - number 23.

"There's not much to talk about yet," Olenick stated in an interview, "if we get approved, there will be more."
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:21 pm

[b]GLM looking for sponsorship to fund a possible part-time 3rd entry; Despite not returning to series Griffin will apply to try and get his licenses reinstated[\b]

With GLM's '13 drivers line up confirmed, owner Jim More is rumored to be looking for a sponsor for a possible 3rd part-time entry for the team. The rumor appears to be that Casey Lester who drives for GLM in a regional touring would be the one chosen for the entry should it be approved.

Adding to this story is the fact, Ryan Griffin is reportedly going through the process to try and get his license reinstated. Griffin who is running the '13 ARLA Elite Series has reportedly said that he wants to at least see if he can get it back so as he puts it doesn't "burn any bridges that will comeback to bite me".

Whether this happens or not is left up to TM Lights officials but if the opinions of drivers after New York has not changed, the issue of Griffin's reinstatement is going to be a charged one.
day500champ1
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:23 pm

CLUCKIN BELL

Last edited by unknown user on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason Hamilton
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:08 am

MT Motorsports gets new sponsor, submits entry for 2013 TM Lights season

MT Motorsports has continued its penchant for picking up radio stations for sponsors, as the Manchester, Tennessee-based WMSR (AM 1320, also known as "Thunder Radio") has signed on as the team's sponsor. If the entry is approved, Lane Cranston will be the driver. The team plans on running a Bolden chassis.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JINX Racing TML Entry in 2013?

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:17 pm

"After some number crunching, I've realized that we still have a boatload of money still available here at JINX Inc. We of course have some extra funding from Empire Inc, Hunter Technologies and Redline Performance. I wanted to officially apply for a 2013 entry for the TM Lites as our bid for an ARLA entry was denied and could only secure approval for one TMMC IT entry. I'd like to setup my team here in the TML as well and maybe help out struggling drivers as I'll be competing with them while driving for TIM. If approved I'd like to keep the brand loyalty going and run with Lenard as is TIM, again with in-house JINX Engines. I would hope to get the #86 back but not sure what numbers are actually available. If denied a TML entry, I'd like to let the struggling teams know that as a rep for Empire Inc, I can meet to help sponsor a team or two with the companies in the organization. Here's to hoping for a great 2013." -Joel "JINX" Rodriguez
JINXaPHRENIC
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vipercar3 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 am

Matt Smith 2013 return?

After Being Away from TMMC series for a few years Matt Smith is looking to make his return to the series. Matt Smith who you all know use to to drive the #42 Mello Yello Nova. Since then, Matt Smith has become friends With Jinx Rodriguez. Jinx Convice Matt to go the Jinx School of Racing were He Graduated and since Mellowed. Matt Has been trying to make his come back in ether the TML or TMMC. If approved for Ether series, He'll come with financial backing.
vipercar3
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Mech on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:47 am

vipercar3 wrote:Matt Smith 2013 return?

After Being Away from TMMC series for a few years Matt Smith is looking to make his return to the series. Matt Smith who you all know use to to drive the #42 Mello Yello Nova. Since then, Matt Smith has become friends With Jinx Rodriguez. Jinx Convice Matt to go the Jinx School of Racing were He Graduated and since Mellowed. Matt Has been trying to make his come back in ether the TML or TMMC. If approved for Ether series, He'll come with financial backing.

wE fINALLY meet Again! CapTain Grammer.....,

(I can't help it)
Mr.Mech
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile http://nscraracing.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 am

Mr.Mech wrote:
vipercar3 wrote:Matt Smith 2013 return?

wE fINALLY meet Again! CapTain Grammer.....,

(I can't help it)

*Grammar

(I couldn't help it either )
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JINX Racing in 2013

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 am

JINX Racing owner finally applies officially for a 2013 entry spot with car #85.
"We may have a driver getting ready for the ride although we're still working out the details of the contract. I'll update ASAP." - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez

(OOC - I also don't see my team listed here yet and was wondering if I was even accepted. Update?)
JINXaPHRENIC
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Robinson and Johnson swapping rides and more

After the round of Fontana Unit 11 announced that Justin Robinson would move to RROL (to be NRC 2013) and Gerald Johnson would move back to TML. This came as no surprise to many in the team, as most knew Robinson's performance was less then good. However social media blew up after the announcement, criticizing the team for not making the move sooner. Comments like "Gerald was always better" and "Robinson should be fired" flooded the message boards. However that was not the only announcement the team made.

It was was announced that RedBull would be the primary sponsor for Blackwell the 2013 season. However there is speculation that RedBull may sponsor both cars as well. TML may also see the return of Interstate batteries.
conrail1990
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:40 am

Team CTR Announces 2013 TM Lights Sponsorship package

Team CTR will run the #23 Pit Bull Rescue Central/Pedigree Lenard R20 for the 2013 TM Lights season. Driver Joe Olenick was said to be very influential in getting PBRC to sign with the team, and Pedigree came on board shortly after.
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Igtm on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Spark Plug Company Submits Entry

DCSpark, a company based in Aurora, Illinois has entered two drivers to TML. President of DCSpark Eddie Hammock said that “we are very excited” and “hope to win one or more races” They hired two drivers that raced Go-karts, Michel Droz and Khloe Haziel after they showed excellent performances on Go-kart tracks around their area.
Igtm
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am

Igtm wrote:Spark Plug Company Submits Entry

DCSpark, a company based in Aurora, Illinois has entered two drivers to TML. President of DCSpark Eddie Hammock said that “we are very excited” and “hope to win one or more races” They hired two drivers that raced Go-karts, Michel Droz and Khloe Haziel after they showed excellent performances on Go-kart tracks around their area.

Got the reference. Laughing Had so much fun wrecking him in a certain game.
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:58 pm

NCC Motorsports Make Major Announcements for 2013 Season

Just today, NCC Motorsports, entering their 2nd season in the TM Lights series, have announced their new staff line-up, driver, and manufacturer for this season.

Mark Smith, who has been an assistant coach for the team since 2005, the year the school has started their own team, will be promoted as their new head coach. The reason for the school's decision is due to the fact that he has a great racing background in road racing and some ovals and feel that his knowledge will help improve the team.

"It's an honor to receive this title," said Mark Smith. "This is a great opportunity for me and we hope, as a team, we can improve from last year and make some good runs this year."

The driver for the 2013 season will not be Joseph Cummings, but a newcomer named Mike Rockenburg. A week or so ago after driver tryouts taking place at their local short track, it has been decided that Rockenburg would be their number 1 driver for this season, with Cummings being the back up driver. Mike has won multiple regional championships in karting on ovals and road courses and has 1 1/2 years of driving formula cars under his belt.

NCC Motorsports has decided to stick with Bolden as their car manufacturer. They believe that switching car manufacturers after one season in the TM Lights series is unnecessary and have built a nice relationship with Bolden.

With NCC being finished going through the changes, they are ready to get the cars ready for the 2013 season.

(OOC: I'd send the driver ratings but that of course hasn't been decided how that will work out yet Razz)

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Blood gets his #16 back now right?!

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

SnakePlissken wrote:Blood gets his #16 back now right?!

I'm open to giving it back. Don't know what my team's car number would be, but that's for me to figure out.
RyanB06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm

RyanB06 wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:Blood gets his #16 back now right?!

I'm open to giving it back. Don't know what my team's car number would be, but that's for me to figure out.

That's the # he had before winning the championship in 2011, so I figured it'd just go back to him when he failed to defend it in 2012. But I'm not sure how that works in the real world.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 am

I'm tempted to say that it would be Blood's to take since he did have #1 the previous season. So yes, Blood gets #16, and I presume PSI's relationship with Lycoia means that they'll be running Lenards...

...speaking of which I need to post all the new cars. I'll get to that ASAP.

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 am

Cynon wrote:and I presume PSI's relationship with Lycoia means that they'll be running Lenards...

Unless there's a TM Lights Interceptor, then yes.

SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 am

Bolden, Lenard, Gessler, and Tremwell/Saar (not sure which nameplate that car will use...) will be the four makes. Smile

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 am

Now I've decided that Bobby Dollar racing will like to return with much the same setup as last year
Jason Hamilton
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 am

SnakePlissken wrote:
Cynon wrote:and I presume PSI's relationship with Lycoia means that they'll be running Lenards...

Unless there's a TM Lights Interceptor, then yes.

Sorry, but the Interceptor was not allowed as I hoped but the Lenard R20 is allowed instead in it's stead. Lenard technically now owns Lycoia, that has led Lycoia to not have a chassis available in the TML like I was planning on Sad
gwoodard41

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 am

Ben Atkins look at TM Lights for an alternative?

With the TM Master Cup silly season winding down, and with Atkins' name being thrown around in the rumor mill for a potential full-time ride, Atkins has stated that he would be willing to make a move to TM Lights if he is not able to find a full-time ride in time for 2013. Atkins has not stated which team he would drive for, however, he could bring over his Dash Cup project to TM Lights, labelled The ATK Project, with personal sponsorship from Ricky and Lewis' Part Shops and R-KUH Brakes helping him fund the team.

"I'm starting to realize that I need an alternative plan if I don't manage to get into TMMC full time" said Atkins "and I think TM Lights would be a great series to race in, especially with my road racing background. It would also help me gain experience for my future, and it would give me more to stand on if I were to find a ride in 2014. I'd like to join another team, and bring my sponsorship with me; however, I will try to open up a team for myself if I can't find anywhere."

Atkins is a former Dash Cup champion, as well as having two top 5's in TM Master Cup at Decatur in 2011 and Quebec in 2012, and a top 5 in ARLA at Daytona in 2012, so he is already a fairly experienced and successful driver, but Atkins want to have success in the TM leagues, so could this be the series he finds more success in?

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 79 (Latest - GOMA F5 at Vancouver [03/24/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

View user profile http://www.cobaltdesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FMecha on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:05 am

There are reports that a new driver is coming to the series. Who is him? Stay tuned. Smile

[OOC: I still don't get the signup process for TMLights. How?]

FMecha
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 am

FMecha wrote:There are reports that a new driver is coming to the series. Who is him? Stay tuned. Smile

you can do it like a press release, doesn't have to be fancy, just as long as it gets the point.
navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Full Throttle Looking for Lights bid, Paasonen?

Full Throttle Motorsports, the team that lost the Independent's Trophy Championship by four points with Danny Savin, reportedly has filed for a spot on the TM Lights grid. Details have yet to be released, but team owner Mike Rider has confirmed that they are looking at Mika Paasonen, who was left out of a ride when Lynxe bought out Majestic Motorsports. Paasonen has yet to comment on the rumors.
Rykia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Dan Mackay to run full time with Last Row Autosport

Unless any other ride buyer entrys in master cup open up, Dan will run full time for the team in TM Lights.
Dan Mackay
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:13 pm

FMecha wrote:There are reports that a new driver is coming to the series. Who is him? Stay tuned. Smile

OOC: Basically read how a "press release" post is done in this thread and mimic it. Very Happy

Also, I'll be confirming TM Lights teams after I finish the MA04, so it might be a few days. Plenty of time to get entries in! Very Happy

Last edited by Cynon on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Blood, Boreanaz Prep for 2013

Thurston Blood and Buffy Boreanaz (pronounced: bore-ee-AH-nas, Phonetic Pronunciation: bor-ee-AHN-uz, like the Angel/Bones actor David) will be back for another go round in the TM Lights series. They may, however, have new sponsors to go with the new chassis they will be running. Longtime sponsors Vampire Batteries and Vampire Steaks have yet to resign deals with pair. A deal could still be struck, but as of now PSI is searching for sponsorship should Vampire opt out in 2013.

SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

High Gear on the 2013 Silly Season

Post by Alpineopossum on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:37 am

High Gear with Edward Williams

There are now fourteen cars confirmed for the TM Lights 2013 season. There are still quite a few TBAs on the team chart, but the teams go as follows.
Black Diamond Racing - 2 - ???
Black Diamond Racing - 7 - ???
Roderick Motorsports, Ltd. - 4 - ???
Roderick Motorsports, Ltd. - 96 - ???
Team Thunder - 07 - Bob Stephans
Lynxe Women's Team - 11 - Clair Auxier
Lynxe Women's Team - 12 - ???
Rick Milligan Racing - 15 - ???
Unit 11 Motorsports - 22 - Mark Blackwell
Unit 11 Motorsports - 38 - Gerald Johnson
Interdrain Motorsports - 29 - James Davison
Afterburner Motorsports - 33 - Brandon Lareau
Wolfesport - 54 - Daxter Hamlett
Team Timothy - 68 - Cameron Taylor

We shall now go team by team to look into the silly season.

Black Diamond Racing is not the powerhouse it was in 2010 when Mike Whitmore won the TMLT title for them and Divina Henton won rookie of the year. The team also won races in the TM Junior Series that year. But the following year, Red Bull Energy Drink withdrew their sponsorship and the team slid. They ran Jack Bohart and Roger Kendall without sponsorship before picking up Bernhard Strauss, a funded driver for 2012. Their concentration seems to be on the Master Cup Series, but this doesn't mean that their Lights effort will be weak. Reportedly, Roger Kendall is losing his ride and the top name to replace him is Jacob Kard. Kard doesn't have funding but I believe that Ender Construction will remain a sponsor. The other car has not had much information released about its status but it would not surprise me if Bernhard Strauss returned. If he doesn't, Avery Holtzman might have a shot at this seat. He's a talented driver who deserves a second chance.

Roderick Motorsports, Limited hasn't said anything about their plans for next year but they would be insane if they didn't keep Nathan Ferguson who won two straight races early in the year. Advance Auto Parts I believe is returning; they've sponsored Roderick's team since time immemorial. Eagler is back but I'm not sure of the status of Martin Boltano Jr. Ashley Tucker has been very vocal about her desire to drive for Roderick's team, but so have many drivers in the past. They turned down an inquiry from Cameron Taylor last year (which in retrospect probably wasn't the best idea as he beat both of their drivers in the final standings) and the team could probably have any free agent for the asking. I would have to wonder if they've given any though to Matt Taylor. He's Master Cup champion who's showings while subbing for Ryan Griffin prove he still has talent.

Team Thunder has already confirmed Bob Stephans as their driver for next season. Stephans has a history with the team: he drove for them in ARLA in 2009. Team Thunder has had many ups and downs. Their merger with Flare Motorsports was a disaster for both involved and despite plowing through a rough 2008 with Dalton Johnson they have bounced back in recent years.

Lynxe Women's Team has already confirmed the fast but sometimes mistake prone Québec native Clair Auxier to the #11 car. Auxier impressed on occasion last year and has a ton of speed. The second driver is believed to be Brooke Ingwersen who has bounced between several rides in the past few years. She's a proven winner in the Lights as well, having triumphed at Brazil in 2011.

After a year away, the Saar Motor Company has returned with a factory effort run by Rick Milligan. Milligan has had a number of legendary driver in his cars ranging from Tony Durbin to Adrien Devereux (who drove his car at Decatur in a Lights race). George Dennis and Stuart Sandoval, who are Milligan's GT drivers tested the car but supposedly neither are in line for a race seat. Both Sandoval (at Bill Barclay Racing) and Dennis (at Team Saar USA) have been in that position before. Robert Dorian is a guy who needs a ride badly. He hasn't driven anything since 2011. I honestly believe he could have won the TM Lights championship in 2010 if it wasn't for his fierce rivalry with RJ Bandsma which lead to numerous wrecks (and a couple of fistfights if I remember correctly). I don't think Dorian will get the seat as Saar likes American drivers. I believe the only foreign driver Team Saar USA has ever employed was Ryan Nawrocki, and he moved to America when he was seven. I'm not sure what Ryan is doing these days but I think he's still barred from competition. He lost his RROL ride when White Mountain Motorsports shut down. Speaking of RROL drivers, James Rand would be a pretty good fit for the Milligan team. Honestly, I would consider James Rand, Kyle Schmulwitz, Travis Keating, CJ Long, Tellez, and whoever their other 2011 driver was as options. I have a feeling that there is a chance someone really surprising could get this seat but I don't know who.

Unit 11 Motorsports is still listed as two TBAs, but it is confirmed that Mark Blackwell will return, and he will be joined by RROL driver Gerald Johnson. Justin Robinson will be moving back to the RROL. They are the sole confirmed Gessler team and are believed to have Red Bull Energy Drink and Interstate Batteries as sponsors.

Interdrain Motorsports has confirmed that James Davison, who from time to time showed real speed last year will return along with Kyron Engineering company as sponsors. Davison will have a few really good runs and a bunch of mediocre ones. He's fast but he's inconsistent.

Afterburner Motorsports and their driver Brandon Lareau are back with Monster and Brandon's Chair Repair returning as sponsors. Kind of like Davison above, Lareau is quick but lacks consistency. But he has real talent; he was the pole sitter in Decatur for the Master Cup race.

The longtime entrant Wolfesport will return with Dexter Hamlett driving the #54 made famous by Dave Larson. They are a small dedicated team but their size could be an impediment to success. That said, both Down Under Motorsports and Team Timothy were in that category at this time last year.

Finally we come to 2012 runner ups Team Timothy. At the end of last year, Cameron Taylor was the most consistent driver in the series, seemingly scoring a top five at every race. He had the ultimate end of season points haul and it could be a good sign for next year

Predicted 2013 Lineup
Black Diamond Racing - 2 - Jacob Kard
Black Diamond Racing - 7 - Bernhard Strauss or ???
Roderick Motorsports, Ltd. - 4 - Nathan Ferguson
Roderick Motorsports, Ltd. - 96 - Martin Boltano Jr or Ashley Tucker
Team Thunder - 07 - Bob Stephans
Lynxe Women's Team - 11 - Clair Auxier
Lynxe Women's Team - 12 - Brooke Ingwersen
Rick Milligan Racing - 15 - ???
Unit 11 Motorsports - 22 - Mark Blackwell
Unit 11 Motorsports - 38 - Gerald Johnson
Interdrain Motorsports - 29 - James Davison
Afterburner Motorsports - 33 - Brandon Lareau
Wolfesport - 54 - Daxter Hamlett
Team Timothy - 68 - Cameron Taylor
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 am

BREAKING: A New Sponsorship Deal for CTR

Team CTR has signed a sponsorship deal with the TARDIS Group for the 2013 TM Lights season. TARDIS - the Trans-American Resarch, Development and Innovation Society - is known for their research into vast areas of scientific study such as extraterrestrial exploration, the paranormal, time travel, computer programming and physical phenomena.

At a joint press conference, TARDIS was represented by Dr. Matt Tennant and Dr. David Smith, two esteemed researchers from the institute. Said Smith, "TARDIS has provided so much for the world without any real knowledge of our existence, from the Police Box Anti-Virus software to the Torchwood Spaceflight Project. We felt sponsorship in a major racing series like the TM Championships was absolutely fantastic."

The press conference was interrupted when a man wearing a long scarf and carrying a bag of jelly babies stumbled onto the stage. The crowd, at first confused, apparently assumed this man was associated with TARDIS, and addressed several questions at him. Upon hearing the shouts of "Doctor!", he looked out and asked "Doctor who?" before muttering something about not being ginger and wandering off.
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 am

Cardinals5 wrote:BREAKING: A New Sponsorship Deal for CTR

Team CTR has signed a sponsorship deal with the TARDIS Group for the 2013 TM Lights season. TARDIS - the Trans-American Resarch, Development and Innovation Society - is known for their research into vast areas of scientific study such as extraterrestrial exploration, the paranormal, time travel, computer programming and physical phenomena.

At a joint press conference, TARDIS was represented by Dr. Matt Tennant and Dr. David Smith, two esteemed researchers from the institute. Said Smith, "TARDIS has provided so much for the world without any real knowledge of our existence, from the Police Box Anti-Virus software to the Torchwood Spaceflight Project. We felt sponsorship in a major racing series like the TM Championships was absolutely fantastic."

The press conference was interrupted when a man wearing a long scarf and carrying a bag of jelly babies stumbled onto the stage. The crowd, at first confused, apparently assumed this man was associated with TARDIS, and addressed several questions at him. Upon hearing the shouts of "Doctor!", he looked out and asked "Doctor who?" before muttering something about not being ginger and wandering off.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Brilliant! Laughing Very Happy

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vipercar3 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Update on Matt "Ice Man" Smith's Come back:
Matt Smith is Currently Waiting on Approval From The TM Lights Officials.

"I'm Hoping the Officials approve me to race in this series, its been a long time since I've race, and I'm looking to get back in the mix of things.
After Going to the Jinx School of Racing, I've doing some small time racing and I think its for me to work my way back to the top."
vipercar3
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddy24 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Team Quest to add TM Lights entry

After being forced to scrap the plans of their 2nd ARLA Elite Series part time entry due to time constraints, Team Quest announced that they plan to run a full time TM Lights entry, driven by Mattias McCallister (No relation to Garth McCallister, Sr. or Garth McCallister, Jr.) . McCallister, the 32 year old Vancouver native, has been a highly mentioned name in the racing tabloids due to being the victim of a scandal which his team owner Gregory Alexander dubbed "TM Canadagate", in which rogue news reporter Chad Maddox sabotaged McCallister's background story as an attempt to get back at his news station for allegedly cheating him out on the terms of his contract. The report had stated that McCallister had competed in TM Canada, winning 25 career races in the series, when really McCallister had won 25 championships in various Canadian racing leagues and had never competed in TM Canada. When asked by reporters about the breaking news, McCallister had this to say.

"I was kinda disappointed about only being a reserve driver in ARLA. I went and pitched Gregory the possibility of me competing in TM Lights. It was an idea that a lot of the guys at the Team Quest shop liked, and we decided to go through with that. Not only that, I want people to remember me for being a great driver that won races and championships. Right now, all that most people outside of Canada remember me for is being that guy that was the victim of some news reporter's revenge plan against his own news station."

The plan is to have McCallister drive the #37 car, sponsored by Canada Dry Ginger Ale, and use the Lenard chassis.

Last edited by BigDaddy24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigDaddy24
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 am

Aussie V8 champ to Down Under Motorsports?
Mother Energy will sponsor Down Under Motorsports again this year, & the team wants to run a Bolden chassis again, but the driver is gonna be former Aussie V8 champ Jim Jones. Jones, 28, came to America after hearing about Adams 1st career victory at Portland, & talked to the team about a potential ride should Adams move up to the Master Cup, & he was looking to start a stock car career. Now that Adams is in the Master Cup, the team have given Jones an opportunity to prove himself in the stock cars.
Nascar9fan
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FMecha on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Cynon wrote:

OOC: Basically read how a "press release" post is done in this thread and mimic it. Very Happy

Also, I'll be confirming TM Lights teams after I finish the MA04, so it might be a few days. Plenty of time to get entries in! Very Happy

J.O.U.R.N.A.L wrote:Marcus Herbert announces TM Lights ambition

Marcus Herbert, who has been furious with his lack of success in touring cars, has announced that he will make a move to TM Lights. While it is not known yet which team he would sign for, he said "I am open to offers".

When asked why he made the switch, Herbert said "Touring cars nowadays are bit boring. I need a better challenge. Hopefully TM Lights will be able to provide that".

OOC: Sorry, I am not bothered to write a long press release - or publicocrap as people of F1 Rejects said! Fail

FMecha
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:34 pm

FMecha wrote:

Marcus Herbert, who has been furious with his lack of success in touring cars, has announced that he will make a move to TM Lights. While it is not known yet which team he would sign for, he said "I am open to offers".

When asked why he made the switch, Herbert said "Touring cars nowadays are bit boring. I need a better challenge. Hopefully TM Lights will be able to provide that".

OOC: Sorry, I am not bothered to write a long press release - or publicocrap as people of F1 Rejects said! Fail

OOC: That's good enough. Just not sure of his nationality from that post. Laughing

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RetrogradeRenegade on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Wernström to secure TM Lights seat for Jaeger?

Rumours are circulating now that Wernström Motorsport GmbH is looking to secure a drive in the TM Lights series for their driver, Friedrich Jaeger. The German scored a point in his second TM Master Cup start at Decatur, and will be making more appearances in 2013 as Wernström's Independent's Trophy driver. CEO of Wenström Motorsport, Gerhard Pietsch, has spoken previously about getting Jaeger more experience in similar series to the TMMC. According to a leaked memo, Wernström is 'in talks with numerous teams about getting Friedrich Jaeger on the 2013 TM Lights grid.' The memo does not state what teams are talking to Wernström, but it is also hinted at that the German manufacturer is also looking at developing a TM Lights car, possibly before the end of 2013. It could be that Wernström are developing a car as a possible incentive for any team that does take up Jaeger.

Pietsch has yet to comment on the rumours or the leaked memo.
RetrogradeRenegade
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddy24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Team Quest: Time definitely not an issue this time

When asked if whether or not time will be an issue for their TM Lights entry, Team Quest owner Gregory Alexander made this statement:

"No, time will definitely not be an issue. If anything, we're actually farther ahead of schedule than we planned. Our boys are really psyched up about this and morale around the shop is at an all time high. The only possible issue for us is whether or not we get approved, which I'm highly confident we will be."
BigDaddy24
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FMecha on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Cynon wrote:
FMecha wrote:

OOC: That's good enough. Just not sure of his nationality from that post. Laughing

He's a Brit. Wink

FMecha
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Dermid Scott looking to 2013 to improve upon 31st place points finish in 2012.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hockeyusa81 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Daniel Voyles To run for racing for the community in 2013

Daniel Voyles announced he is interested in racing for the community for 2013 season. His sponsor is going to be McDonalds the sponsor that Tyrone Stanley had in the independence trophy in the tm master cup series back in 2011

Hockeyusa81
Development Driver
Development Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddy24 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am

Team Quest ready to roll, just waiting to be greenlighted

Team Quest owner Gregory Alexander confirmed via his Twitter account @G_Alexander55 (Not an actual Twitter account) that the team's cars for TM Lights have been built and ready to race. Now all that they're waiting for is to be approved. The team will have Vancouver native Mattias McCallister driving the #37 car, sponsored by Canada Dry Ginger Ale, using the Lenard chassis.
BigDaddy24
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:23 pm

New Team for 2013

Ernest Lewis Motorsports, in a technical alliance with Lucstar Motorsports, plans to run the full season with Steve Holiday Jr as their full time driver in the 056, sponsorship TBA

Holiday is a 2 time champion in the NARS (2001,2005) & is from Laverne, OK

Last edited by Lucstar88 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Tim Woodard to seek Rick Milligan ride if things don't pull through for the TM Master Cup?

Tim Woodard, who infamously attempted to prove his... err... patriotism by signing up for the open ride for Rick Milligan in the TMMC, has decided to sign up for yet another full time ride for the team. Woodard, who was basically shot down over Twitter, including by his own brother, stated that he wasn't about to give up on getting a ride with a team that was using a Saar or Tremwell.

"They can ridicule me all they want, but like Tony Durbin, I want to be able to speak my mind as I see fit and aim for the top. I am one of the few true Americans out there that wants to actually to show the world to not mess with us. I hope that the team will take me on for either the Independent's trophy ride or their open full time ride."

It is not known if Woodard will land the ride, but rumor has it that he will attempt to hold up Joel 'JINX' Rodriguez on track. Rodriguez who currently drives for Greg's old team Terra Int'l Motorsports and as the reserve driver for PSI, was unavailable for comment.
gwoodard41

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"JINX" reacts to Tim Woodard

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:23 pm

After hearing the rumor that Tim Woodard would hold him up on track in 2013, "JINX" Rodriguez had this to say:

"I'm amazed that my return to full time racing has caused any kind of comotion at all. Honestly, I'm even quite amazed that this young little rookie wants to 'attempt', and I mean 'attempt' at slowing me down on the track. I really don't know what this kids' deal is. I heard from Matt(Smith) along with some employees of JINX racing to check out the latest TML press release and I couldn't believe it. My advise to you Tim, is to flat out put up or shut up. I'd rather race than have to knock you out of the way. You'd prove your 'Patriotism' by racing hard and running well, not by being a complete turd on the track and slowing down faster drivers. If you want a challenge, out race me. Then we'll see. I really do hope you get a TML ride for 2013 though. I'll be waiting to stomp you up and down this year, especially on Road Courses. As for everyone else, I wish you all luck, and hope to see you in my rearview. JINX OUT!" - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez

JINX walked away holding up the rocker symbol with a slight grin.
JINXaPHRENIC
Race Winner
Race Winner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Scott Washington to TM Lights

RROL driver Scott Washington told reporters Friday that he has contacted several TM Lights teams about a ride. "I think it's a tad ambitious and might be something for me to look at a bit later but I feel like I should still put my effort into this because its worth a shot." Washington won the RROL Elite Series' most prestigious event at Clairmont in his rookie year and became the first African American to win an RROL race.
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Ashley Tucker still looking for some TM Lights seat time

Despite her full time ARLA ride, Ashley Tucker has still stated her desire to find a TM Lights ride. She will be looking to do the double-duty that the late Tiffany Matthews had done in 2012 as she believes it will boost her experience in stock car racing.

Tucker finished 11th in ARLA Points in 2012, and will be looking for more in 2013, and she thinks that getting more seat time will be key for this.

Tucker stated that she wanted to aim for one of the Roderick cars that had no drivers announced for them yet, and she would bring over Kalberg's as well, but Tucker has said that "any ride would be great for her."

NR2003 Online Wins: 120 (Latest - ISARS Energy Showdown V2 at Orlando International Speedway [04/01/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 79 (Latest - GOMA F5 at Vancouver [03/24/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 18 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Watkins Glen [08/03/16])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins

View user profile http://www.cobaltdesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:45 pm

GRAVITY RACING, INC. SHOPPING FOR A DRIVER FOR 2013 SEASON

Good news for Gravity Racing, Inc.: their 2013 entry for the TM Lights was accepted.

Bad news: they still need a driver.

Originally, they had CRL Modified driver Amanda Johnson on the entry list, but her application to obtain her TM Lights competitor's license was denied, possible due to her poor performances in the CRL in 2012. As a result, team owner Packer Carroll is currently shopping around for a driver.

PACKER: All of our other drivers and teams are set for 2013, so we need someone to fill the TM Lights car for this season. We are open to anybody at this point.
PackerMan71

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

FIAM pushing to enter young Italian "starlet"
Italian automotive manufacturer, FIAM, supposedly have applied to enter young Italian starlet, Stefano Agnello, into the TM Lights championship in the United States. Agnello, 20, previously competed in karting and in Italian Formula Lenard with support from Italian oil company, Olio Italia-a subsidiary of FIAM.

FIAM, who hold shares in both Rossini Sport and Lugo Motorsport, are expected to push one of the teams forward in order to run the young 20 year old. Lugo Motorsport, who had been entering Agnello in Formula Lenard previously, are expected to make the transition to the United States due to the existing connections with Agnello, and are set to run him in a FIAM/Olio Italia sponsored no.153 Bolden Chaser.
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top