Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's been 11 years...

+25
Alta
Ben Atkins
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Jason Hamilton
tommykl
bartman97
Racerfan275
conrail1990
Finnish909
navycook75
RealRacer4
f1fan12
Vincent Giacalone
Chives2112
Alpineopossum
day500champ1
Lucstar88
GamerAzuzu
Blake Camphausen
Milan655
RyanB06
JMac525
Metro 6r4
BWard
gwoodard41
29 posters

Go down

It's been 11 years... Empty It's been 11 years...

Post by gwoodard41 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:37 am

It has been 11 years since the tragic attack on our nation cost the lives of thousands of innocent lives. We must not forget what we as a nation lost as a result of the attack and those who were sent to fight in the aftermath.

9/11/2001

This thread is not a troll thread and anyone is welcome to communicate their views and feelings about what happened on this day 11 years ago and the aftermath of it all. This is not a nationalism thread by any means. Please keep the language respectable and within the guidelines of the forum.

I remember I was sitting in my 6th grade homeroom when the news about the first tower was told by the teachers at my school. Most of us didn't understand what happened or why it was happening. But as the day went on and more planes crashed into the second tower, the Pentagon, and in a field in Rural Pennsylvania, we realized that we weren't the invincible nation we thought ourselves to be. We realized there was a danger out there that we didn't understand or properly estimated. We didn't realize the long and grueling wars that our troops would have to fight over this attack and other reasons. No country should ever have gone through anything like this, or should ever experience anything like what happened...

Now, for those who were young adults, teenagers, or younger than you are now, can you remember what happened and what you thought about the events taking place? If you can, how did you deal with it?

Was it our fault? I don't believe so... but that is merely my opinion. Sure, events in the past can lead to bad results in the future, but no one deserved this at all. Like many other atrocities, no one deserves it.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

It's been 11 years... Empty Re: It's been 11 years...

Post by BWard Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:38 am

I was 4 years old when this happened, I never really remember much from September 11th 2001, it's really when you get older that you learn from what happened. So many people killed in an event that changed nearly the whole world.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:29 pm

I too was four when this happened, and I'll never forget it. Also because my younger brother was born on the very day.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:42 pm

I was in 3rd grade when it happened. I remember it was during recess, and my teacher turned on the television and started to tell us what happened. I remember the school let us out early to be with our families soon after recess. I didn't fully understand it then, but I definitely remember just about everything from that day.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:01 pm

I was in-between jobs then, and right after the first plane hit my father woke me up and said, "Turn on the TV."

Just in time to see the second plane hit. Needless to say, it wasn't turned off until late that night.

I'll never forget that day.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I would have just turned 11 on the day, and I irc, I was leaving school to go to the park. It wasn't until I got home when I realised what had happened..
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I was too young to remember it, being only 3 at the time of the attack. However, my dad worked at the Javits Convention Center in New York. He was on his way to work when he saw the first plane hit. He watched the second plane hit, as well as both towers go down. And my dad isn't a very emotional person, but he said he cried in his car on the side of the road watching that.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

I was in third grade heading to class while the news was on...I didn't know what was going on or how big of a impact it left until I came back that afternoon...
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I was in 1st grade when it happend.... but i can't remember what i did... Living in Canada.. i was ignorant of what happend but through the years learning about it either through School or Documenteries, i realised of the effect it had on the americans... Hopefully it will NEVER happend again.

We Will Never Forget those who perished & those who helped that day
9/11/01
Lucstar88
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Was in 6th grade at the time. In Social Studies class (ironic huh?), but we didn't see any of the TV coverage, but I believe an alarm went off. Anyway, I didn't find out what happened until my health class, my last class, at the end of the day.

It's kind of insignificant now, but my father picked up his '02 Silverado on this day.

I know Pearl Harbor has the donation of the Day that will live in Infamy, but 9/11 will definitely be our generations Pearl Harbor.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:49 pm

I was in Kindergarden class and there was a substitute. The class was in an enourmas room that had a tv in the back that was in a sort of office. I remember seeing CNN on the TV screen, but I didn't know what happened until I got home. I didn't understand it at the time, but looking back, it is one of the earliest memories I have or a world event.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:20 pm

I think I was in Kindergarten at the time, and we were coming out of the computer lab and I saw everyone's parents in the hallway waiting to pick us up. At the time, we lived on an Air Force base, and my school was off-base, so everyone had to rush back onto base before they closed the gates. At home, I had no idea what was happening except that it involved airplanes, so I began to play with my airplanes for the rest of the day. I think the last memory I have of the day was watching on the news the candlelight vigils.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:22 pm

I was in second grade...came home from school to see footage of the collapse all over the news. At first I thought it was a freak thing, and it wasn't until I went back to school the next day until a classmate told me that, and I quote, "they crashed on purpose!"

Looking back, being so young I don't think I really got the full scale of what had happened.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 pm

I was home sick for the week of the 11th with Pneumonia. So I don't recall much of anything, excpet the weather. My Government Teacher brought this up today, it is almost the exact same weather conditions as it was 11 years ago.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I was in 3rd grade at the time it happened. I remember the first strange thing about it was that we had a moment of silence 2 or 3 times during school, which seemed weird since I had no clue about what was going on at the time. I never knew anything about it until I came home and saw what was on T.V. and saw my dad, who worked in the city at the time, home when he is usually working during the day. I'm not sure how close he was to the WTC but I'm sure he worked a mile or 2 from there. Anyway, I remember changing channels and seeing them cover the same exact thing (ABC, CBS, FOX, CNN, even ESPN). I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day with a blank stare on my face. Without a doubt, it was my first time seeing like 10 different channels covering the same thing. I found out years later that while my dad was on his way to the bus station that takes him to NYC, he got a flat tire on his car and my mom had to pick him up to get him to the station and was running late. My dad was on the NJ Turnpike by the time the Twin Towers were hit and all of the buses were directed to turn around. He was very lucky that a flat tire was what saved him from entering the city.

I've heard stories of my friends losing relatives while working for the NYC Fire Department and the WTC, schools near or at NYC dismissing everyone early that day and conducting special drills as a result of the attack. I was, and still am, shocked by what went down that day. I never really had a full grasp, like everyone else did, on how big of a deal it was back then. Looking back at it now and learning about what impact it has on today, I really hope something like this never happens again.

I was home sick for the week of the 11th with Pneumonia. So I don't recall much of anything, excpet the weather. My Government Teacher brought this up today, it is almost the exact same weather conditions as it was 11 years ago.

That, and it took place on a Tuesday. Really eerie, if you ask me.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:47 pm

I was in 7th grade when it happened, one of the teachers came in and said that the Twin Towers and Pentagon were on fire, and once they replayed the planes hitting the WTC, none of us could believe it.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnish909 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:12 pm

This day, eleven years ago, was one of the most infamous day's in the nation of the United States of America... as I remembered. I was four years old. Everyone in my family were watching in dispare... yet the person who setted this up. We thought(In our family)was the Anti-Christ himself. So, my brother, served his tour of duty. And now I hope this brings change to the world, even an event like that, mush lost & dispare, can bring back vengeance on those who carried this out. That's is also why, I am proud to be an American. And maybe some will might even agree with me, that vengeance, was best served cold.
Finnish909
Finnish909
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

I was in 6th grade and we had an early release due to the attacks. I came home and my mother, on her bed crying. I was scared to go to bed that night.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:09 pm

All i'll say is this. R.I.P Those who lost their lives in 9-11, you will live on in the monument in New York.

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:43 am

I was sleeping when it happened.

My mum was watching TV late when it happened, and she remembers watching the plane crash into the WTC on TV, she woke up my dad and showed him. They both stayed up the whole night watching the news.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 am

I was 5 and at school when it happened. I don't remember much about that day, apart from the fact that it was the birthday of both my dad and one of my friends. I seem to remember I first heard about about when I got home from school.
tommykl
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 am

I was 3, and the only thing I have is a vague memory of a news report of a burning tower the next morning.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

I remember quite a lot of people have amazing stories to tell about how the escaped or could have been in it if not for problems that kept them away.Seth Mcfarlane for example would have ended up on one of the planes if it hadn't have been for his hangover and a wrong flight time from his agent.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:52 am

I think I was throwing up at the time, not due to the event, but due to eating one too many oranges from the orange tree out back. That's pretty much all I remember for back then. My parents were on a cruise ship at the time, they had come back to their cabin from a mid-night event, Mum went to bed but Dad turned the TV on because he always does that, the first thing that came up was that the WTC was attacked.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:34 pm

I was taken out of class to do some extra-curricular thing. I'd have been 5 at the time, and I believe me and a teaching assistant were in a brand-new computer lab, and then, they took the teacher out of the room for a minute or two, and she came back in, and we carried on. It wasn't until I'd returned to class that I was aware of what happened, as the class were watching a news report on the incident.

I also remember that one of the teachers from the school had gone over to Canada for her wedding. She came back almost two weeks after she was due back due to these attacks.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Parent's had a friend over here that week. I remember being hyped for that Tuesday since Battlebots was to air it's season finale for the 3rd season.

Had woken up early before school (Keep in mind all this goes down around 5-7 in the morning over in California) and my parent's friend was watching the television and the first thing i see is the WTC on fire. Remember seeing the 2nd plane hit and both towers going down as well.

Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I was 1 at the time of the crash, so I barely remember anything. But growing up in a patriotic, post 9-11 world is really what shaped me to be an american today.
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Ill go ahead and throw in my 9/11 Moment

I was in 3rd Grade. I remember a lot of Parents Picking up Their Kids and i was thinking " there must me a lot of Doctors appointments Today or something!" then When i go home, the tv was trurned on to the nes, and then im like " oh,so thats why!"

Prayers are with the Familes Effected by this Tragedy 11 Years (and 1 day) ago.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I had just returned from a week long vacation in NYC having recently taken pictures of the towers. We stayed with friends of the family on the Upper West Side a couple of miles away. It was quite disturbing to think I was standing at the base of the towers only a few days prior. Just the sheer scope of everything that happened on Sept 11th is hard to grasp along with trying to understand what was in the minds and hearts of these individuals to allow them to do such dispicable acts against other human beings. In contrast, it was good to see the entire country pull together as one if only for a short time.

RIP to each and every individual that lost their lives and may peace come to those that are still affected by this tragedy every day.
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:55 pm

A bit late on this I posted last week but must have not actually clicked "post" I guess lol.

It's hard to forget a day like such. I was sitting in Mrs. Laird's 4th grade class, from my recollection it was just another boring day at school. The overhead intercom queued and the woman in the office told all teachers to turn their TV's on to channel 4, which put us on live coverage of the event. I witnessed both towers fall from the live television feed at school that day, completely baffled and wondering how and why it had happened. The only thing noteworthy of the remainder of the school day was the overwhelming silence. I went to an elementary school that accommodated kindergarten through 6th grade, 7-8 classes of 30 per grade level, so it was a fairly large school to be as quiet as it was.

Though even as a little kid I've felt the U.S. and it's forces are far too involved in places they don't belong, the 9/11 attacks were nothing short of heinous, and they serve as a good reminder as to how fragile human life really is and how suddenly it can be taken away.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down