The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Alpineopossum on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:20 am

Today, we lost Tony Scott, director of many great action movies
Here's an epic theme song from Top Gun
avatar
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1847
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 20
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BlueThunderfan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 am

navycook75 wrote:NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

afraid

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPENOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
avatar
BlueThunderfan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 498
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 18
Location : Arkansas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by day500champ1 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:18 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:Today, we lost Tony Scott, director of many great action movies
Here's an epic theme song from Top Gun

Ahh, Tony Scott.

From movies like the above, to this:



And This:

avatar
day500champ1
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

R.I.P Tony Scott.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Also, I sadly won't be on here for a while. Crying or Very sad
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by gwoodard41 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Rest in Peace Tony Scott Sad
avatar
gwoodard41
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3711
Join date : 2011-08-20
Age : 27
Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 am

I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am

BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?

avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Metro 6r4 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:55 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!
avatar
Metro 6r4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!

no I ain't doing anything like that, I'm staying in a place called 'Center Parcs' where me and my family and going for over a week. They've got a big swimming pool place there, I'n used to it because I've been there a couple of times in the past couple of years.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by tommykl on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 am

Metro 6r4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!
Depends on where he's going in the Netherlands, though. If it's closer to Maastricht, then he might be able to go to Spa, but if it's closer to the North Sea, then Zandvoort's a better bet, plus you can drive the track in your car.
avatar
tommykl
Champion
Champion

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:45 pm

tommykl wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!
Depends on where he's going in the Netherlands, though. If it's closer to Maastricht, then he might be able to go to Spa, but if it's closer to the North Sea, then Zandvoort's a better bet, plus you can drive the track in your car.

Well like I said, what I'm doing on holiday really has nothing to do with Motorsport at all, as I'm staying in a place called Center Parcs where they've got a big swimming pool resort there.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

So I'm kind of leaving for college tomorrow.
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Blackout on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 am

Hey gents (and possible ladies).

Recently, i won $1000 (before taxes) in a contest just yesterday.

I'm feeling alright about it, just didn't expect it to happen to me.

If you want to see what the contest was about, the link's right here: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/30days/winnerslist

(i'm the fifth winner.)

Hope all you guys are doing well, see you around Smile

-Blackout
avatar
Blackout
Race Winner
Race Winner

Posts : 294
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : in my nice cozy torture chamber.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:46 am

I am approximately leaving an 6PM British time later. Sad
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Milan655 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 am

BWardboy88 wrote:I am approximately leaving an 6PM British time later. Sad

Enjoy your windmills and red lights Smile
avatar
Milan655
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 am

Milan655 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I am approximately leaving an 6PM British time later. Sad

Enjoy your windmills and red lights Smile

why thank you my friend. Laughing
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by tommykl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:05 am

BWardboy88 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!
Depends on where he's going in the Netherlands, though. If it's closer to Maastricht, then he might be able to go to Spa, but if it's closer to the North Sea, then Zandvoort's a better bet, plus you can drive the track in your car.

Well like I said, what I'm doing on holiday really has nothing to do with Motorsport at all, as I'm staying in a place called Center Parcs where they've got a big swimming pool resort there.
That doesn't tell me where you're going, Center Parcs are absolutely everywhere Rolling Eyes
avatar
tommykl
Champion
Champion

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 am

tommykl wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:I won't be on this forum soon for a while. Crying or Very sad

Why not?


Away in the Netherlands for just over week, gonna miss you all. Sad
Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!
Depends on where he's going in the Netherlands, though. If it's closer to Maastricht, then he might be able to go to Spa, but if it's closer to the North Sea, then Zandvoort's a better bet, plus you can drive the track in your car.

Well like I said, what I'm doing on holiday really has nothing to do with Motorsport at all, as I'm staying in a place called Center Parcs where they've got a big swimming pool resort there.
That doesn't tell me where you're going, Center Parcs are absolutely everywhere Rolling Eyes

All this time I never knew that up until now.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Milan655 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:34 am

Metro 6r4 wrote:Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!

Spa is in Belgium which could make it harder to get to. If you want to go to a track in the Netherlands, Zandvoort is the only place (with the slight exception of Assen.) A historic circuit and it's near a beach Smile
avatar
Milan655
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Milan655 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am

http://www.virtualr.net/kart-sim-new-previews-dev-update

If the physics are good, this will be one of the top sims Smile
avatar
Milan655
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2334
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Metro 6r4 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Milan655 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!

Spa is in Belgium which could make it harder to get to. If you want to go to a track in the Netherlands, Zandvoort is the only place (with the slight exception of Assen.) A historic circuit and it's near a beach Smile
We were in a place called Valkenburg at the time and it was the best place I've ever been, I'm not sure how close to the border it was though.
avatar
Metro 6r4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by tommykl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!

Spa is in Belgium which could make it harder to get to. If you want to go to a track in the Netherlands, Zandvoort is the only place (with the slight exception of Assen.) A historic circuit and it's near a beach Smile
We were in a place called Valkenburg at the time and it was the best place I've ever been, I'm not sure how close to the border it was though.
I can't tell you that either, since there are two Valkenburgs in the Netherlands. If it's the larger one, then you're reasonably close to the border and it would take you roughly an hour to get to Spa.

After checking, if you are going to either het Meerdaal, de Kempervennen or het Heijderbos, then Spa would be a bit closer than Zandvoort Wink
avatar
tommykl
Champion
Champion

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Well only 1/2 an hour half and I'm off for Holland, and unless there is any sort of internet connection there then I won't be on here or even the whole internet for that matter. I'll just have to wait and see whats in store. Razz
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by tommykl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:10 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Well only 1/2 an hour half and I'm off for Holland, and unless there is any sort of internet connection there then I won't be on here or even the whole internet for that matter. I'll just have to wait and see whats in store. Razz
Well, have a good time, then. And watch out, Dutch is a weird language Razz
avatar
tommykl
Champion
Champion

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 pm

tommykl wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Well only 1/2 an hour half and I'm off for Holland, and unless there is any sort of internet connection there then I won't be on here or even the whole internet for that matter. I'll just have to wait and see whats in store. Razz
Well, have a good time, then. And watch out, Dutch is a weird language Razz

I know, but pretty a lot of Dutch Kids go back to school before I do, so I think the place will mostly be full of British people and possibly a few French and Germans too.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by tommykl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:14 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Well only 1/2 an hour half and I'm off for Holland, and unless there is any sort of internet connection there then I won't be on here or even the whole internet for that matter. I'll just have to wait and see whats in store. Razz
Well, have a good time, then. And watch out, Dutch is a weird language Razz

I know, but pretty a lot of Dutch Kids go back to school before I do, so I think the place will mostly be full of British people and possibly a few French and Germans too.
Well, it is a resort specifically for tourists...
avatar
tommykl
Champion
Champion

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 pm

tommykl wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:
tommykl wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Well only 1/2 an hour half and I'm off for Holland, and unless there is any sort of internet connection there then I won't be on here or even the whole internet for that matter. I'll just have to wait and see whats in store. Razz
Well, have a good time, then. And watch out, Dutch is a weird language Razz

I know, but pretty a lot of Dutch Kids go back to school before I do, so I think the place will mostly be full of British people and possibly a few French and Germans too.
Well, it is a resort specifically for tourists...

Well I guess I suppose it is.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm making this my last post on here until the 31st of August. I shall be off now, hope to see you all again very soon! I'm off, see you all very soon. Smile
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Rykia on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

So I'm trying to use Google Docs Spreadsheet to update the points, but I can't figure out how to get the rows to move up or down depending on the sum of the points from each race, if that makes sense. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
avatar
Rykia
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Ball State University

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Lance Armstrong has just been stripped of all 7 of his Tour de France wins and his perma-banned from professional cycling.


Last edited by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Alta on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Lance Armstrong has just been striped of all 7 of his Tour de France wins and his perma-banned from professional cycling.
NO! NOT THE DREADED STRIPING OF HIS TROPHYS!
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by navycook75 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Lance Armstrong has just been stripped of all 7 of his Tour de France wins and his perma-banned from professional cycling.
looks like he had *sunglasses* not enough nuts....
avatar
navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 4905
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Lance Armstrong has just been stripped of all 7 of his Tour de France wins and his perma-banned from professional cycling.

[rage]Based on what?! Some "testimony" from teammates, but 500+ clean tests and not a single failed test? Bull. They've got no actual proof.[/rage]

Anyway, I guess it was better for him in the long run not to deal with their garbage. If he DID dope, it doesn't really matter since everyone in cycling at the time was likely definitely doing the same thing. As far as it matters, he beat their "system". Same reason I don't care if Clemens or Bonds doped in baseball. They've got a serious vendetta against him and it's pretty obvious in this case.
avatar
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1241
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by flyingturns89 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:41 pm

He stops fighting, and gets a lifetime ban and loses all of his Tour de France victories. Is this a freaking joke? He's just tired of fighting, and we're gonna ban him for that? Wow.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Chives2112 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Is this a freaking joke?
No, cycling is a freaking joke. Razz
avatar
Chives2112
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Jason Hamilton on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:35 am

tommykl wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:
Metro 6r4 wrote:Where are you going in the Netherlands? (I used to go there a lot) You should ask if you cold drop by spa for a bit, I got to walk the circuit last time I went, Eau Rogue is freaking scary!

Spa is in Belgium which could make it harder to get to. If you want to go to a track in the Netherlands, Zandvoort is the only place (with the slight exception of Assen.) A historic circuit and it's near a beach Smile
We were in a place called Valkenburg at the time and it was the best place I've ever been, I'm not sure how close to the border it was though.
I can't tell you that either, since there are two Valkenburgs in the Netherlands. If it's the larger one, then you're reasonably close to the border and it would take you roughly an hour to get to Spa.

After checking, if you are going to either het Meerdaal, de Kempervennen or het Heijderbos, then Spa would be a bit closer than Zandvoort Wink

Dosen't Valkenburg have two NR2003 tracks?
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Champion
Champion

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by crl on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:45 am

Cardinals5 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:Lance Armstrong has just been stripped of all 7 of his Tour de France wins and his perma-banned from professional cycling.

[rage]Based on what?! Some "testimony" from teammates, but 500+ clean tests and not a single failed test? Bull. They've got no actual proof.[/rage]

Anyway, I guess it was better for him in the long run not to deal with their garbage. If he DID dope, it doesn't really matter since everyone in cycling at the time was likely definitely doing the same thing. As far as it matters, he beat their "system". Same reason I don't care if Clemens or Bonds doped in baseball. They've got a serious vendetta against him and it's pretty obvious in this case.

I hear what you're saying, but, you don't need a positive test to get someone on doping usage; just ask Marion Jones, even though she was married to a doper (CJ Hunter), and had a child with another (Tim Montgomery), so it wasn't too much of a shock in that case.

That said, this whole Armstrong thing has been very odd.

_________________
Norah O'Donnell - the only reason to watch CBS This Morning.
Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
avatar
crl
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by flyingturns89 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 pm

So apparently, the US Anti-Doping Agency stripped Lance Armstrong of his wins and perma-banned him, even though they have no power to do so. I don't get it anymore.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by navycook75 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 pm

Today is a sad day in American History, the first man to set foot on the moon has died today

http://jalopnik.com/5937863/neil-armstrong-the-first-man-on-the-moon-dead-at-82

RIP Neil
avatar
navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 4905
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Cardinals5 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:55 pm

That's one small death for a man, one giant loss for mankind. Crying or Very sad
avatar
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1241
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by BWard on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm making this feel like I'm tweeting: I'm enjoying my holiday in Holland at Center Parcs right now, and I'm using my dads iPhone to make this post haha. Laughing
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by f1fan12 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm

What is this, I don't even know...
avatar
f1fan12
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2530
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:18 pm

f1fan12 wrote:What is this, I don't even know...

They made an Animal Crossing anime?

Well, time to watch every episode twice.
avatar
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:29 pm

f1fan12 wrote:What is this, I don't even know...

A lot of strange things come from Japan. What do you expect? Laughing

Speaking of anime, the last couple of episodes of Casshern Sins have been getting surprisingly good, and I heard it gets even better as it gets deeper into the story. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a 2nd season of D.W., but I don't think that won't be determined until how the DVD sales will play out in October.

RealRacer4
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Alta on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:50 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:What is this, I don't even know...

A lot of strange things come from Japan. What do you expect? Laughing

Speaking of anime, the last couple of episodes of Casshern Sins have been getting surprisingly good, and I heard it gets even better as it gets deeper into the story. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a 2nd season of D.W., but I don't think that won't be determined until how the DVD sales will play out in October.
I'm honestly having a hard time getting into Casshern. Just feels a bit boring for my tastes.
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by JMac525 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:What is this, I don't even know...

A lot of strange things come from Japan. What do you expect? Laughing

Speaking of anime, the last couple of episodes of Casshern Sins have been getting surprisingly good, and I heard it gets even better as it gets deeper into the story. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a 2nd season of D.W., but I don't think that won't be determined until how the DVD sales will play out in October.
I'm honestly having a hard time getting into Casshern. Just feels a bit boring for my tastes.

Same. I'm still not a giant fan. However, I do agree it has gotten better though. I want this 2nd Deadman season to happen really badly...
avatar
JMac525
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1211
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by navycook75 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:34 pm

JMac525 wrote:
Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:What is this, I don't even know...

A lot of strange things come from Japan. What do you expect? Laughing

Speaking of anime, the last couple of episodes of Casshern Sins have been getting surprisingly good, and I heard it gets even better as it gets deeper into the story. I'm still waiting for an announcement for a 2nd season of D.W., but I don't think that won't be determined until how the DVD sales will play out in October.
I'm honestly having a hard time getting into Casshern. Just feels a bit boring for my tastes.

Same. I'm still not a giant fan. However, I do agree it has gotten better though. I want this 2nd Deadman season to happen really badly...
I think I read somewhere that it wasn't to popular in Japan...might have to find the link...

but yet the manga is still going (though on haitus because she is pregnant, but who knows how long ago that was....damn wikipedia)
avatar
navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 4905
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by GamerAzuzu on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

Deadman Wonderland hasn't had a second season in Japan, and yes it was because it wasn't popular enough. It's a shame as well, but again that tends to show just how different american and japanese anime fans are at times..

however if this show did prove popular enough here (and I wouldn't be surprise if it didn't) its possible [as] could fund a second season for the audience here, (a very big IF however..)
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Champion
Champion

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum