What ever happened to...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What ever happened to...

Post by Alpineopossum on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:17 am

Anybody you've wondered about?
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by RACECAR on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 am

I do wonder whatever happened to Cristiano De Matta. He came back abit after that massive shunt at Road America Years ago, but I haven't heard about him ever since.
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I never understood the whole Jeremy Mayfeild situation, or what happened.
Robert Pressly
Morgan McClure Motorsports
Kathrine Legge- I know she stunk but what ever happend
Harry Gant- I want to know what he is up to now
Shawna Robinson- Vanished off the face of the earth
Olivier Panis- There was a rumor that he was one of the canidates to relive Felipe Massa at Ferrari back in 09
Ricardo Zonta- He might be in Formula 1 Retirement Community (DTM)
I don't rember his name but he lead at Nurburing in a Spyker- Granted he got the lead by starting in the pits and putting on inters when everyone was on dry tires
Ralph Firman- Where did he go
Christian Klien- I know he raced for HRT last year but after that I don't know
Chirstain Albers- Much underrated driver that I blew the pants of Sutil at Spyker
Tiago Montero- Never heard about him again
Patrick Frishacher- After his sponsership ran out he vanished
Robert "Doorknob" Dornbos- Did very well in Indycar when Minardi went there
Gorgeio Pantano- Left Jordon in 04
Half the Nationwide Drivers back in 2002
Scott Riggs- He was ok I guess
Both 04 Minardi Drivers
Giancarlo Fishichella- If you leave F1 and your an Italin you might as well go out with Ferrari, even if you scared yourself silly in it.
Midland F1
Spyker F1
Yuji Ide- I wanna see what he's failing in.
Sakon Yammamoto
Chirstino Da Matta- I know he had his accdent then he came back, but then nothing...
Nicholas Kisea- Wasn't he suppost to get the 05 Minardi Ride but Frishacher got it.
Eddie Irvine- I know he ritired, but really I wanna know if he went to the F1 Retirement Community (DTM)
Super Aguri
Andrea Montermini- I liked his name
Pedro Lamy
Tarso Marques- Raced in about everything
ROBERTO MORENO- MY NEW FAVORITE 90's RACER
Noberto Fontana- He sucked but I liked his name
Johnny Herbet
Nicola Larini- He must have been good, he had a Ferrari drive
Eddie Cheever
Damon Hill- After F1
Nigel Mansell- Don't know what hes still up to.
Stewart Racing Team- When they announced they were leaving F1 my dad almost cried
And finally

My time I have wasted writing ths list.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by crl on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Da Matta races those big-ass trucks down in Brazil. Johnny Herbert works as a commentator. Damon Hill became president of the British Racing Drivers' Club. Katherine Legge went to DTM. Eddie Irvine stopped racing after leaving F1; I think he owns his own production company now.
avatar
crl
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2518
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 31
Location : Nashville, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Blake Camphausen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 pm

What ever happened to Jonny Ada in TMMC?
avatar
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 436
Join date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by RyanB06 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Eddie Cheever works for ABC/ESPN on the Indy 500 broadcasts.
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2749
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Hideo Fukuyama.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by kensethfan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:31 pm

To f1fan12...

-Harry Gant is still around. He competed in the 2010 Legends Race at Bristol.
-Scott Riggs isn't necessarily gone. According to Wikipedia, he is supposed to drive for Keyed Up Motorsports once that team has enough funds to return to competition. Right now, he's slated as driving the #81 Ford for Whitney Motorsports.
-I think most of the Nationwide drivers back in 2002 had moved on two or three years later. In specific, I know Christian Elder retired after a wreck at Chicago that year, and died in 2007 of an accidental methadone overdose.
-If I remember correctly, Morgan-McClure Motorsports shut down a while ago.


I've never thought much about what has happened to certain motorsport drivers, so I don't really have much to say here.

(OOC: 100th post. Pretty Colors! )
avatar
kensethfan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 1018
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 19
Location : Living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement in the house half a block away from Jerry's Bait Shop (You know the place).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by pennst24 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Katherine Legge may be getting an SSM ride in IndyCar.
Shawna Robinson became an interior designer.
Noberto Fontana raced at Dakar this year.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1261
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:45 pm

I think Larry McClure's still in jail.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Just found out that Hideo Fukuyama is now a Japanese Super GT Series driver.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by RACECAR on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:48 pm

f1fan12 wrote:I never understood the whole Jeremy Mayfeild situation, or what happened.
Robert Pressly
Morgan McClure Motorsports
Kathrine Legge- I know she stunk but what ever happend
Harry Gant- I want to know what he is up to now
Shawna Robinson- Vanished off the face of the earth
Olivier Panis- There was a rumor that he was one of the canidates to relive Felipe Massa at Ferrari back in 09
Ricardo Zonta- He might be in Formula 1 Retirement Community (DTM)
I don't rember his name but he lead at Nurburing in a Spyker- Granted he got the lead by starting in the pits and putting on inters when everyone was on dry tires
Ralph Firman- Where did he go
Christian Klien- I know he raced for HRT last year but after that I don't know
Chirstain Albers- Much underrated driver that I blew the pants of Sutil at Spyker
Tiago Montero- Never heard about him again
Patrick Frishacher- After his sponsership ran out he vanished
Robert "Doorknob" Dornbos- Did very well in Indycar when Minardi went there
Gorgeio Pantano- Left Jordon in 04
Half the Nationwide Drivers back in 2002
Scott Riggs- He was ok I guess
Both 04 Minardi Drivers
Giancarlo Fishichella- If you leave F1 and your an Italin you might as well go out with Ferrari, even if you scared yourself silly in it.
Midland F1
Spyker F1
Yuji Ide- I wanna see what he's failing in.
Sakon Yammamoto
Chirstino Da Matta- I know he had his accdent then he came back, but then nothing...
Nicholas Kisea- Wasn't he suppost to get the 05 Minardi Ride but Frishacher got it.
Eddie Irvine- I know he ritired, but really I wanna know if he went to the F1 Retirement Community (DTM)
Super Aguri
Andrea Montermini- I liked his name
Pedro Lamy
Tarso Marques- Raced in about everything
ROBERTO MORENO- MY NEW FAVORITE 90's RACER
Noberto Fontana- He sucked but I liked his name
Johnny Herbet
Nicola Larini- He must have been good, he had a Ferrari drive
Eddie Cheever
Damon Hill- After F1
Nigel Mansell- Don't know what hes still up to.
Stewart Racing Team- When they announced they were leaving F1 my dad almost cried
And finally

My time I have wasted writing ths list.

1. He races for Team Oreca in the LMS and ILMC as well as does ice racing alongside another retired F1 driver (can't remember for the life of me who he was)
2. Currently races in the WTCC for the SEAT works team
3. Races in the ALMS with Risi Competizione
4. Has gone back to Super GT last I checked. Still sucks though.
5. Team is currently in Super GT, won the championship last year.
6. Currently races with Peugeot in the LMS and ILMC
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm

The one that puzzles me the most is Ralph Firman, off to wikipedia I go.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by BJ Falcon on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Tammy Jo Kirk. What's been going on with her lately? Last I heard she was in the NASCAR minor leagues in '95.
avatar
BJ Falcon
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 231
Join date : 2011-08-07
Location : In the heart of Funktown!

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/BJFRacing88

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:35 pm

BJ Falcon wrote:Tammy Jo Kirk. What's been going on with her lately? Last I heard she was in the NASCAR minor leagues in '95.
Yeah, she raced like in the Slim Jim All Pro Series, and a couple of races for the #94 Busch car that Cope ran at times, but that's the last time I've heard of her.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Alpineopossum on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Jeremy Mayfield - trying to fight his ban, rumor has it that he is working on a USAC deal, but currently working for a delievery company.

Kathrine Legge is a DTM driver that may come to the IZOD IndyCar Series in the future.
 
Shawna Robinson- no idea

Olivier Panis- is racing in ice rallies, where he is very good

Marcus Winklehock - DTM, the man that nearly caused the upset of the century, heck, the upset of the millennium if it just kept raining.

Ralph Firman went to Super GT and now designs his own race cars a la Hiro Matsushita.

Christian Klien- Seemingly vanished...

Tiago Montero- world touring car racing for seat.

Gorgeio Pantano- will make his debut In the IZOD Indycar series replacing the injured Justin Wilson
 
Scott Riggs- nationwide series from time to time.
 
Giancarlo Fishichella- American Le Mans Series. Also (along with Luca Badoer and Marc Gene) Ferrari reserve driver.

Yuji Ide- I wanna see what he's failing in. - he returned to Japanese Racing, but disappointingly he's actually good. Whats the humor in that.
 
Chirstino Da Matta races for Paul Gennelozzi in the American Le Mans Series racing a Jag.


Nigel Mansell- Racing sportscars with son Greg
Stewart Racing Team- Became Jag then Red Bull

avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Mystrsyko on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:59 pm

the only drivers i've wondered what happened to were Jimmy Vasser and Alex Zanardi. I know Zanardi did some touring car racing after he recovered from his crash, but Vasser straight up disappeared after dominating Champ Car with Zanardi
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Vasser works at Indy for Lotus. I don't know the exact job.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by f1fan12 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Winkelhock wasn't going to pull an upset, everyone would have put on rain tires and blasted by him. In fact they could have in the dry.
avatar
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Bay Village Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by PKligBKFan on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Chives2112 wrote:Vasser works at Indy for Lotus. I don't know the exact job.



He owns it.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by teamwhiper on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:49 pm

For Super Aguri(you can find it by following a complicated map in f1fan's list), they sunk under in 2008.Strangely,even Wiki has trouble finding Team Owner Aguri Suzuki now.

As for their drivers,Sato(as most of you know) went into KV(Krash Velocity) Racing,Ide possibly disappeared completely,Montagny has done some recent fiddling with Le Mans(Not bad actually,won Petit Le Mans twice in a row),Yamamoto is still fiddling about in Virgin Racing's works and Anthony Davidson is working on the F1 games.

I hope this brief summary of Super Aguri(My favourite team) increased your IQ by at least 1 point.
avatar
teamwhiper
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 277
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by RACECAR on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Chives2112 wrote:Vasser works at Indy for Lotus. I don't know the exact job.

Team owner with Kevin Kalkoven in the INDYCAR for Lotus (Hence KV Racing)
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by GamerAzuzu on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:03 am

teamwhiper wrote:For Super Aguri(you can find it by following a complicated map in f1fan's list), they sunk under in 2008.Strangely,even Wiki has trouble finding Team Owner Aguri Suzuki now.


Basically running his Super GT team: Autobacs Racing Team Aguri.
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 619
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by tommykl on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:44 am

I'll do my best.
f1fan12 wrote:I never understood the whole Jeremy Mayfeild situation, or what happened.
He failed multiple drug tests, and NASCAR didn't buy his various excuses.

Robert Pressly
He's now helping his son's career and has become promoter for Kingsport Speedway, Tennessee.

Morgan McClure Motorsports
Larry McClure went to jail for federeal income tax fraud and now works for a car dealership. It isn't known if the team still plans to enter a race this year.

Kathrine Legge- I know she stunk but what ever happend
She went to DTM, but stopped in 2010. She intends to return to Indy for 2012 to relaunch her open-wheel career.

Harry Gant- I want to know what he is up to now
Still does some charity and legends races.

Shawna Robinson- Vanished off the face of the earth
She's now an interior designer after retiring from the Busch series in 2005, also she still races from time to time.

Olivier Panis- There was a rumor that he was one of the canidates to relive Felipe Massa at Ferrari back in 09
He raced in GTs, Le Mans and the Andros Trophy ice race.

Ricardo Zonta- He might be in Formula 1 Retirement Community (DTM)
He now drives in the GT1 World Championship as well as Grand-Am

I don't rember his name but he lead at Nurburing in a Spyker- Granted he got the lead by starting in the pits and putting on inters when everyone was on dry tires
That's Markus Winkelhock. He became moderately successful in DTM, and is now a frontrunner in the GT1 Championship.

Ralph Firman- Where did he go
He went to Super GT in Japan, a championship he won in 2007 alongside Daisuke Ito, and also competed with Yuji Ide as team mate.

Christian Klien- I know he raced for HRT last year but after that I don't know
He know mainly drives at Le Mans, where he finished third in 2008.

Chirstain Albers- Much underrated driver that I blew the pants of Sutil at Spyker
Actually, they were pretty evenly matched. After Formula 1, he returned to DTM before moving to the Le Mans series, whe he still runs.

Tiago Montero- Never heard about him again
He now competes in the WTCC.

Patrick Frishacher- After his sponsership ran out he vanished
He first turned to A1GP and ALMS, but seemingly hasn't done anything since 2008.

Robert "Doorknob" Dornbos- Did very well in Indycar when Minardi went there
[b]After IndyCar, he turned to Superleague Formula for Corinthians and now the national Dutch team.


Gorgeio Pantano- Left Jordon in 04
He moved to IndyCar for two races in 2005, went back to GP2 for four years, winning the title in 2008, then Superleague Formula, Auto GP and now back to IndyCar to replace the injured Justin Wilson for two races.

Half the Nationwide Drivers back in 2002
Probably went nowhere.

Scott Riggs- He was ok I guess
He still drives in the Cup series, but a streak of decisions didn't go his way, and he's only a part-time driver.

Both 04 Minardi Drivers
Bruni's now in GT1 and Baumgartner went on to test for Minardi in ChampCar and Tottenham in Superleague Formula.

Giancarlo Fishichella- If you leave F1 and your an Italin you might as well go out with Ferrari, even if you scared yourself silly in it.
He now drives in the GT1 championship, I think.

Midland F1
Midland was an investment group, so they went back to usual business once the team was sold to Spyker.

Spyker F1
They went back to making overpriced and unpopular supercars and racing them unsuccessfully at Le Mans.

Yuji Ide- I wanna see what he's failing in.
He went back to Super GT and Formula Nippon, where his results are far from spectacular, but respectable.

Sakon Yammamoto
He was test and reserve driver for Virgin early on in the season, but I don't know what he's doing now.

Chirstino Da Matta- I know he had his accdent then he came back, but then nothing...
He started a couple of sports car races, then turned to Brazilian trucks.

Nicholas Kisea- Wasn't he suppost to get the 05 Minardi Ride but Frishacher got it.
After F1, his career took a nosedive, driving in Scandinavian Porsche Supercup, ILMS and the German SEAT Leon championship. As far as I know, he hasn't raced since 2007.

Eddie Irvine- I know he ritired, but really I wanna know if he went to the F1 Retirement Community (DTM)
Irvine retired from racing after F1 and made a fortune in real estate. The lucky guy also briefly dated Pamela Anderson Rolling Eyes

Super Aguri
They joined Ide in Super GT, winning the category in, I think, 2009.

Andrea Montermini- I liked his name
He briefly drove in CART, sports cars and GT. I'm not sure if he's still racing now.

Pedro Lamy
He became a very successful sports car driver, scoring five podiums in the Le Mans 24h.

Tarso Marques- Raced in about everything
Since his retirement, he's been creating custom motorbikes and hot rods in his native Brazil.

ROBERTO MORENO- MY NEW FAVORITE 90's RACER
After F1, he returned to CART and IndyCar, retiring in 2007. He is now mentor of his godson Julien Gerbi, who is currently racing in lower open wheel categories.

Noberto Fontana- He sucked but I liked his name
After CART, he returned to Argentina, racing in the local touring car series, winning the title twice. He recently raced in the Dakar rally

Johnny Herbet
He concentrated on Le Mans and ALMS, became Sporting Realtions manager for Midland F1 in 2005 and drove in Speedcar and BTCC before retiring in 2009.

Nicola Larini- He must have been good, he had a Ferrari drive
He became a touring car stalwart in the Italian, European and World championships, retiring from professional racing in 2009.

Eddie Cheever
After his long open wheel career, he drove in GP Masters before apparently becoming commentator.

Damon Hill- After F1
He became president of the British Racing Drivers' Club. I think that's it.

Nigel Mansell- Don't know what hes still up to.
He took part in Le Mans last year, and still hasn't officially announced his retirement yet...

Stewart Racing Team- When they announced they were leaving F1 my dad almost cried
They were bought out by Ford, who renamed the team to Jaguar.

And finally

My time I have wasted writing ths list.
avatar
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 21
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by TheRacingExperts on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Jefali Animiha in ARLA.
avatar
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Syzygy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:02 pm

Loy Allen Jr.

_________________

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
avatar
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Chagrin Falls, OH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by RACECAR on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Anyone know what happened to Casey Atwood? I saw him in some Nationwide races about two years ago, but haven't heard anything about him ever since.
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Randy Renfrow.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Tanrar on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am

kensethfan wrote:To f1fan12...
-I think most of the Nationwide drivers back in 2002 had moved on two or three years later. In specific, I know Christian Elder retired after a wreck at Chicago that year, and died in 2007 of an accidental methadone overdose.

I believe Elder died of Cancer in 2007 if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: I'd also like to know what happened to Dexter Bean. He drove a few cup races in 2009, and vanished from existance.
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Cynon on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 am

f1fan12 wrote:
Morgan McClure Motorsports
Kathrine Legge- I know she stunk but what ever happend
Tiago Montero- Never heard about him again
Robert "Doorknob" Dornbos- Did very well in Indycar when Minardi went there
Gorgeio Pantano- Left Jordon in 04
Yuji Ide- I wanna see what he's failing in.
Chirstino Da Matta- I know he had his accdent then he came back, but then nothing...
ROBERTO MORENO- MY NEW FAVORITE 90's RACER
Eddie Cheever
Damon Hill- After F1
Nigel Mansell- Don't know what hes still up to.

Morgan McClure -- Morgan got in legal trouble
Legge -- Got approved to run IndyCar, wasted two years in the DTM.
Montiero -- WTCC
Doornbos -- Superleague Formula/Wasting his time
Pantano -- Coming to IndyCar to replace Wilson
Ide -- Japanese SuperGT... and he's apparently not AS bad... comparatively...
Da Matta -- Formula Truck last season, he came last in the points or something last season.
Moreno -- Retired I think.
Cheever -- Commentator
Hill -- Runs British Racing Drivers Association... also owns Donington Park.
Mansell -- "Attempted" Le Mans ... and when I say attempted I mean he crashed real early.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:08 am

McClure was the one in legal trouble, but I think he gets out of jail in a couple months.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Alpineopossum on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 am

@TheRacingExperts
He races in the TM Lights I believe. Find him here:
http://www.freewebs.com/tmcup/2011/2011_LT.htm
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by gwoodard41 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:59 am

flyingturns89 wrote:McClure was the one in legal trouble, but I think he gets out of jail in a couple months.

Is his first name Troy?

Hello, I'm Troy McClure, you may remember me from the Simpsons Smile
avatar
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3714
Join date : 2011-08-20
Age : 27
Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Tonyl14 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:57 am

Jefali Animiha I think is still in ARLA.
avatar
Tonyl14
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by racingfreak1999 on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Tonyl14 wrote:Jefali Animiha I think is still in ARLA.
He's actually in TM Lights North Division this season.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by BBoy on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Chase Montgomery - I remember he ran some ARCA and Nationwide back in '03, but he hasn't been seen since.

Hut Stricklin - Vanished after the 2nd Bristol race in '02.

Kenny Hendrick - Stopped running Nationwide after the 2009 season.

Jason Keller - I think he retired, but I'm not entirely sure.

Billy Parker - I remember him failing as a RWR development driver, hasn't attempted a NASCAR race since 2004.

I'll probably think of more another time.
avatar
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by tommykl on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 am

For drivers, I found this site very helpful.
http://www.driverdb.com/
avatar
tommykl
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 404
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 21
Location : Headington, Oxfordshire, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 am

Montgomery had a stint at Bobby Hamilton Racing. He was in the #18 truck in 2005, and the year before was in the family owned truck that had BHR support. When he drove the #18 though, he was replacing a driver who had just scored two wins in the truck the previous year. He would have a best finish of 13th.

Stricklin was replaced after the second Bristol race. He drove Bill Davis's #23 Dodge, but hadn't shown a lot of performance. After Bristol, Kenny Wallace ran 10 of the last 12 races in the car, while Geoff Bodine and Scott Wimmer each had one.

Hendrick attempted one race in 2010. He tried to make the field for Kentucky in the #52 Jimmy Means car, but missed by less than two tenths.

Keller may have retired, considering he hasn't had any starts in anything this year, but he is 41, so maybe he's just taking a break.

Parker only ran 11 Nationwide races, eight of which were in 2004 with Rusty Wallace Inc. However, he wrecked in half the races, and didn't return. He has not shown up in Nationwide since.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Rykia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:48 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Montgomery had a stint at Bobby Hamilton Racing. He was in the #18 truck in 2005, and the year before was in the family owned truck that had BHR support. When he drove the #18 though, he was replacing a driver who had just scored two wins in the truck the previous year. He would have a best finish of 13th.

Stricklin was replaced after the second Bristol race. He drove Bill Davis's #23 Dodge, but hadn't shown a lot of performance. After Bristol, Kenny Wallace ran 10 of the last 12 races in the car, while Geoff Bodine and Scott Wimmer each had one.

Hendrick attempted one race in 2010. He tried to make the field for Kentucky in the #52 Jimmy Means car, but missed by less than two tenths.

Keller may have retired, considering he hasn't had any starts in anything this year, but he is 41, so maybe he's just taking a break.

Parker only ran 11 Nationwide races, eight of which were in 2004 with Rusty Wallace Inc. However, he wrecked in half the races, and didn't return. He has not shown up in Nationwide since.

I believe sponsorship (lack of) put him out of a ride, as they got Mr. Hefty pay driver, and Mike Bliss.

I'm wondering about Matt Kobyluck. He was huge in the Busch North/East, made a few N'wide races as well; havent heard much bout him lately.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What ever happened to...

Post by Chives2112 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:Montgomery had a stint at Bobby Hamilton Racing. He was in the #18 truck in 2005, and the year before was in the family owned truck that had BHR support. When he drove the #18 though, he was replacing a driver who had just scored two wins in the truck the previous year. He would have a best finish of 13th.

Stricklin was replaced after the second Bristol race. He drove Bill Davis's #23 Dodge, but hadn't shown a lot of performance. After Bristol, Kenny Wallace ran 10 of the last 12 races in the car, while Geoff Bodine and Scott Wimmer each had one.

Hendrick attempted one race in 2010. He tried to make the field for Kentucky in the #52 Jimmy Means car, but missed by less than two tenths.

Keller may have retired, considering he hasn't had any starts in anything this year, but he is 41, so maybe he's just taking a break.

Parker only ran 11 Nationwide races, eight of which were in 2004 with Rusty Wallace Inc. However, he wrecked in half the races, and didn't return. He has not shown up in Nationwide since.

I believe sponsorship (lack of) put him out of a ride, as they got Mr. Hefty pay driver, and Mike Bliss.

I'm wondering about Matt Kobyluck. He was huge in the Busch North/East, made a few N'wide races as well; havent heard much bout him lately.
^That, and Dale Quarterly. He was good in the Busch North/East. I think he makes an occasional modified start, like he did at Lime Rock Park, and he won that race, but that's all I've heard of him.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum