Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:One of the better Bristol races I've seen in a long while.

The way I look at it, Bruton's idea pretty much went both ways. There was a single groove but it wasn't at the bottom. While there was side-by-side racing, there was a lot of beating and banging, along with some tempers flaring.

If the fans aren't satisfied with what they saw, then I don't know what will. I enjoyed all 500 laps of that race, which to me, surprises me. Really good race overall.

If they don't like it go throw a Helmet at somebody
Or go F*** Themselves
Dat logic... Fail
avatar
PRAWBLEMS
Champion
Champion

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-24
Age : 17
Location : The 'Bury, Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by bartman97 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 am

Lucstar88 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:One of the better Bristol races I've seen in a long while.

The way I look at it, Bruton's idea pretty much went both ways. There was a single groove but it wasn't at the bottom. While there was side-by-side racing, there was a lot of beating and banging, along with some tempers flaring.

If the fans aren't satisfied with what they saw, then I don't know what will. I enjoyed all 500 laps of that race, which to me, surprises me. Really good race overall.

If they don't like it go throw a Helmet at somebody
Or go F*** Themselves

What.

It was an alright race, it was interesting people trying to pass on the bottom but most couldn't because of the top being the preferred line. Plus who thinks Tony Stewart will be a man of his words? Me thinks not.
avatar
bartman97
Legend
Legend

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Cynon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 am

Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3066
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 am

Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any other driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.
avatar
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Sparkz47 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 am

Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Cy, I agree with most of the stuff you post, but I think you might be letting your Tony bias cloud your judgement a bit here. I'm sure Kenseth wasn't intentionally trying to wreck Stewart, but he pinched him right up against the outside wall and never let up. It was really an overly-optimistic move. Looking at the video, there was no reason for Kenseth to race Stewart that hard with some 160 laps left in the race.

Now, do I think Tony overreacted? Yeah, of course. He could have handled the situation much better. However, I can completely understand why he was upset, and considering he had his very competitive car destroyed, combined with the chaos of Bristol, I can see what drove him to do what he did.
avatar
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Tanrar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:20 am

Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.

99% of the time, I would agree that it was probably Danica's fault.

Tonight, however, from what I saw, it was actually NOT Danica's fault.

She was trying to merge down, as she thought she was clear of Regan, but Regan caught back up to her on the straightaway, and it wound up ending badly for Danica. It wasn't really like she dove straight down the track into Regan like you made it out to be And you can trash me all you want, but I feel like this is the rare occasion that it actually WASN'T Danica's fault.
avatar
Tanrar
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 am

RandomClassic wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.

99% of the time, I would agree that it was probably Danica's fault.

Tonight, however, from what I saw, it was actually NOT Danica's fault.

She was trying to merge down, as she thought she was clear of Regan, but Regan caught back up to her on the straightaway, and it wound up ending badly for Danica. It wasn't really like she dove straight down the track into Regan like you made it out to be And you can trash me all you want, but I feel like this is the rare occasion that it actually WASN'T Danica's fault.

As a note, I didn't mean to trash you by calling you Clauson. Razz

If anyone wants to look at it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm1fFZRhpw

It looks like Danica was coming down, Smith was coming up and they got together. Disregard what I said about the wreck, but I'm sticking with the overrated media comments. I'm also a bit surprised she kept her hands on the wheel when she hit the wall.
avatar
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Tanrar on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am

Casey Lester wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:
Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.

99% of the time, I would agree that it was probably Danica's fault.

Tonight, however, from what I saw, it was actually NOT Danica's fault.

She was trying to merge down, as she thought she was clear of Regan, but Regan caught back up to her on the straightaway, and it wound up ending badly for Danica. It wasn't really like she dove straight down the track into Regan like you made it out to be And you can trash me all you want, but I feel like this is the rare occasion that it actually WASN'T Danica's fault.

As a note, I didn't mean to trash you by calling you Clauson. Razz

If anyone wants to look at it again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm1fFZRhpw

It looks like Danica was coming down, Smith was coming up and they got together. Disregard what I said about the wreck, but I'm sticking with the overrated media comments. I'm also a bit surprised she kept her hands on the wheel when she hit the wall.

Not to mention THAT FREAKING FINGER POINTING. OH MY GOD DANICA IS SO EDGY, POINTING AT ANOTHER DRIVER! Laughing
avatar
Tanrar
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 am

Twinkle, Twinkle, Patrick Star- *hook*
avatar
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by JMac525 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Very solid race. To throw my two cents in, I think Smith and Danica are both to blame for the incident. It was a communication error, and both drivers are in the wrong. This is coming from an anti-Danica, Regan Smith fan. I feel that way about most of the incidents tonight aside from Juan Bulldozer Montoya.
avatar
JMac525
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Metro 6r4 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:37 pm

All montoya did in f1, was throw his toys out of his pram when things didn't go his way. Now he's in Nascar attempting to kill everyone.
avatar
Metro 6r4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1025
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:All montoya did in f1, was throw his toys out of his pram when things didn't go his way. Now he's in Nascar attempting to kill everyone.

Laughing I agree.
avatar
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Alta on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Personally i think Tony had every right to be upset, they were hard racing for the lead and they both ended up wrecking, I would've been upset as well if i got wrecked out of the lead even if it is a racing incident. I know Tony has a history of being a rager but i honestly think everyone would do the same thing if somebody wrecked them/appeared like they wrecked them.

Danica could've at least tried to out-do Tony cause finger-pointing is SO EXTREMMEEEEE!!!!11 In her defense (even know i actually like him) Regan was pretty all over the place last night and hitting everything in sight, but the wreck between the both of them was just them trying to go for the same spot at the same time.
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3945
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Casey Lester on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I think I forgot to say that I saw this race in person. I missed Dillon wreck Allgaier, but when I saw Bayne get put into the wall (and I'm a huge Bayne fan) I was raging so hard at Austin it wasn't funny. He's been handed his fucking career to him while just about everybody else (aside from Timmy Hill) had to work their way into N'wide. Austin and Ty will just keep being fed their careers until Austin gets a full-time ride next year and Ty might run part-time in the 33 or something.
avatar
Casey Lester
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1309
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : The part of NY nobody cares about

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by PRAWBLEMS on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Casey Lester wrote:I think I forgot to say that I saw this race in person. I missed Dillon wreck Allgaier, but when I saw Bayne get put into the wall (and I'm a huge Bayne fan) I was raging so hard at Austin it wasn't funny. He's been handed his fucking career to him while just about everybody else (aside from Timmy Hill) had to work their way into N'wide. Austin and Ty will just keep being fed their careers until Austin gets a full-time ride next year and Ty might run part-time in the 33 or something.
Curse that former truck champion! No talent!
avatar
PRAWBLEMS
Champion
Champion

Posts : 504
Join date : 2012-02-24
Age : 17
Location : The 'Bury, Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum