Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

+29
day500champ1
PackerMan71
PRAWBLEMS
Cynon
antknee
Sparkz47
crl
f1fan12
FlashRod4
conrail1990
Lucstar88
RealRacer4
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
iAMBADDATGAMES
navycook75
ParaLanche
Dan Mackay
oxymoron
racingfreak1999
RyanB06
MPatterson1724
BWard
Backmarker
bartman97
PKligBKFan
PYLrulz
nepatsfan02
Alta
AntmanB
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:One of the better Bristol races I've seen in a long while.

The way I look at it, Bruton's idea pretty much went both ways. There was a single groove but it wasn't at the bottom. While there was side-by-side racing, there was a lot of beating and banging, along with some tempers flaring.

If the fans aren't satisfied with what they saw, then I don't know what will. I enjoyed all 500 laps of that race, which to me, surprises me. Really good race overall.

If they don't like it go throw a Helmet at somebody
Or go F*** Themselves
Dat logic... Fail
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series - Page 3 Empty Re: Irwin Tools Night Race - Sprint Cup Series

Post by bartman97 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:31 am

Lucstar88 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:One of the better Bristol races I've seen in a long while.

The way I look at it, Bruton's idea pretty much went both ways. There was a single groove but it wasn't at the bottom. While there was side-by-side racing, there was a lot of beating and banging, along with some tempers flaring.

If the fans aren't satisfied with what they saw, then I don't know what will. I enjoyed all 500 laps of that race, which to me, surprises me. Really good race overall.

If they don't like it go throw a Helmet at somebody
Or go F*** Themselves

What.

It was an alright race, it was interesting people trying to pass on the bottom but most couldn't because of the top being the preferred line. Plus who thinks Tony Stewart will be a man of his words? Me thinks not.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:35 am

Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 am

Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Overall it seemed like some people were playing nice but a few people clearly had no intentions of doing that. Regan Smith was on a mission to get as much screen time as possible and David Ragan seemed like he had the same idea. Jimmie Johnson needed some tissues early on but seemed like he got his marbles collected by the end of the race.

Also, props to Danica for giving a pretty fair interview and for realizing that not everyone likes to hear her talk for 10 minutes. Laughing I swear that woman likes to hear herself talk more than I do.

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any other driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 am

Cynon wrote:Honestly, Stewart v. Kenseth was a racing deal, but of course fat Tony had to whine like a child to the press because he has to remind people that he's a bad boy. So bad he throws a helmet with two hands. Stewart won't be a man of his word if he has ANY intention of winning the championship, but seeing as he races like a dick anyway I don't really have too much sympathy for him.

Cy, I agree with most of the stuff you post, but I think you might be letting your Tony bias cloud your judgement a bit here. I'm sure Kenseth wasn't intentionally trying to wreck Stewart, but he pinched him right up against the outside wall and never let up. It was really an overly-optimistic move. Looking at the video, there was no reason for Kenseth to race Stewart that hard with some 160 laps left in the race.

Now, do I think Tony overreacted? Yeah, of course. He could have handled the situation much better. However, I can completely understand why he was upset, and considering he had his very competitive car destroyed, combined with the chaos of Bristol, I can see what drove him to do what he did.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:20 am

Casey Lester wrote:

I agree about Stweart and Kenseth. Stewart cried like a bitch over a simple racing incident and cost himself a helmet (unless he got it back and it wasn't damaged).

I laughed at Mike Bliss parking 6 laps into a 500-fucking-lap race. Then again, it's Tri-Star, the same team that takes Danica's Cup numberfont, paints it blue and puts it on an N'wide car.

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.

99% of the time, I would agree that it was probably Danica's fault.

Tonight, however, from what I saw, it was actually NOT Danica's fault.

She was trying to merge down, as she thought she was clear of Regan, but Regan caught back up to her on the straightaway, and it wound up ending badly for Danica. It wasn't really like she dove straight down the track into Regan like you made it out to be And you can trash me all you want, but I feel like this is the rare occasion that it actually WASN'T Danica's fault.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:27 am

RandomClassic wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

I didn't get to hear the interview because of the crowd and the cars going by. It's never Danica's fault when she wrecks. She drives right down the fucking track into the 78 (despite Eric Webler and Tanner Clauson not thinking so) and still thinks it was his fault, which it totally was. Danica can Lepage the field at Talladega and still find a fucking way to blame somebody else because the media makes the more money with the more headlines she makes, and she does, too. I don't get how she runs so bad if she gets SHR engines, yet any driver that steps into the 10 gets TBR's secondhand shit. Don't care what you say about her technically running for TBR. She has sponsorship and could probably be the most-paid driver in NASCAR behind Junior. She runs 37th or so and ESPN still tries to get a good story out of her. Danica is nothing but a media whore anymore. Her talent is only overshadowed by her gender. Her gender is also the only reason why she gets the attention she does, as well as the only reason she was pulled into NASCAR. I'm sick of the media trying to make Danica 150% better than she actually is. She has talent, don't get me wrong, but the press covers it up way too much.

She was trying to merge down, as she thought she was clear of Regan, but Regan caught back up to her on the straightaway, and it wound up ending badly for Danica. It wasn't really like she dove straight down the track into Regan like you made it out to be And you can trash me all you want, but I feel like this is the rare occasion that it actually WASN'T Danica's fault.

As a note, I didn't mean to trash you by calling you Clauson. Razz

If anyone wants to look at it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm1fFZRhpw

It looks like Danica was coming down, Smith was coming up and they got together. Disregard what I said about the wreck, but I'm sticking with the overrated media comments. I'm also a bit surprised she kept her hands on the wheel when she hit the wall.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:32 am

Casey Lester wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:
Casey Lester wrote:

As a note, I didn't mean to trash you by calling you Clauson. Razz

If anyone wants to look at it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm1fFZRhpw

It looks like Danica was coming down, Smith was coming up and they got together. Disregard what I said about the wreck, but I'm sticking with the overrated media comments. I'm also a bit surprised she kept her hands on the wheel when she hit the wall.

Not to mention THAT FREAKING FINGER POINTING. OH MY GOD DANICA IS SO EDGY, POINTING AT ANOTHER DRIVER! Laughing
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:34 am

Twinkle, Twinkle, Patrick Star- *hook*
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:32 pm

Very solid race. To throw my two cents in, I think Smith and Danica are both to blame for the incident. It was a communication error, and both drivers are in the wrong. This is coming from an anti-Danica, Regan Smith fan. I feel that way about most of the incidents tonight aside from Juan Bulldozer Montoya.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:37 pm

All montoya did in f1, was throw his toys out of his pram when things didn't go his way. Now he's in Nascar attempting to kill everyone.
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Metro 6r4 wrote:All montoya did in f1, was throw his toys out of his pram when things didn't go his way. Now he's in Nascar attempting to kill everyone.

Laughing I agree.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Personally i think Tony had every right to be upset, they were hard racing for the lead and they both ended up wrecking, I would've been upset as well if i got wrecked out of the lead even if it is a racing incident. I know Tony has a history of being a rager but i honestly think everyone would do the same thing if somebody wrecked them/appeared like they wrecked them.

Danica could've at least tried to out-do Tony cause finger-pointing is SO EXTREMMEEEEE!!!!11 In her defense (even know i actually like him) Regan was pretty all over the place last night and hitting everything in sight, but the wreck between the both of them was just them trying to go for the same spot at the same time.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Electric Wolf Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:13 pm

I think I forgot to say that I saw this race in person. I missed Dillon wreck Allgaier, but when I saw Bayne get put into the wall (and I'm a huge Bayne fan) I was raging so hard at Austin it wasn't funny. He's been handed his fucking career to him while just about everybody else (aside from Timmy Hill) had to work their way into N'wide. Austin and Ty will just keep being fed their careers until Austin gets a full-time ride next year and Ty might run part-time in the 33 or something.
Electric Wolf
Electric Wolf
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PRAWBLEMS Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Casey Lester wrote:I think I forgot to say that I saw this race in person. I missed Dillon wreck Allgaier, but when I saw Bayne get put into the wall (and I'm a huge Bayne fan) I was raging so hard at Austin it wasn't funny. He's been handed his fucking career to him while just about everybody else (aside from Timmy Hill) had to work their way into N'wide. Austin and Ty will just keep being fed their careers until Austin gets a full-time ride next year and Ty might run part-time in the 33 or something.
Curse that former truck champion! No talent!
PRAWBLEMS
PRAWBLEMS
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3