Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:34 am

I'm going to do a Top 10 NSCS finishes/white flag laps video. I've already locked in 1st-4th, but because I really only started watching NASCAR at the start of 2011, I might need some help with 5th-10th.

1. 2003 Darlington
2. 2012 Watkins Glen
3. 2007 Daytona 500
4. 1979 Daytona 500


Some races that I've written down as possible entries on the list are:
2009 Aaron's 499
2012 Coke Zero 400
2001 Atlanta Spring
2011 Coke 600
2001 Talladega Fall
2009 Coke Zero 400
2005 Atlanta Spring
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:16 am

2005 Coke 600. That was the year of the Jimmie Johnson-Bobby Labonte photo finish.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2718
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 am

here are some of my suggestions:

2004 EA Sports 500 Elliott Sadler blows over on the last lap and still finishes the race.
2011 Aaron's 499. Tied the record for the closest finish in NASCAR, and I was there to witness it too.
2001 Pepsi 400. Dale Jr scores emotional win for his late dad Dale Sr.
1993 Winston 500 finish. Rusty Wallace flips wildly across the grass at the finish, and still salvages a 6th place finish.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:02 pm

1992 Winston. I think most of us have seen this one.

avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by conrail1990 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:09 pm

The 2000 Atlanta finish between Labonte and Earnhardt
avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm

1989 Winston All-Star Race. Rusty Wallace spins Darrell Walteip in a controversial, but thrilling finish.
2008 Camping World RV 400 Kansas. Carl Edwards tries to pass Jimmie Johnson on the last lap but ends up hitting the wall, allowing Johnson to win.
2007 Pepsi 400. Jamie McMurray pips Kyle Busch at the line to break a 166 race winless streak he had made.
2006 UAW-Ford 500. Brian Vickers tags his team-mate Jimmie Johnson on the last lap at Talladega, taking Dale Earnhardt Jr out too while Vickers went on to win the race.
2006 Banquet 400. Tony Stewart runs out of fuel while leading, but is still able to coast to the line and take victory, while others behind him ran out as well.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Making another post, but I think the 2001 Cracker Barrel 500 should be included, with Kevin Harvick's incredible photo finish with Jeff Gordon.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:25 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Making another post, but I think the 2001 Cracker Barrel 500 should be included, with Kevin Harvick's incredible photo finish with Jeff Gordon.
That was already in the 10, just don't know where in the 10 though.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Making another post, but I think the 2001 Cracker Barrel 500 should be included, with Kevin Harvick's incredible photo finish with Jeff Gordon.
That was already in the 10, just don't know where in the 10 though.

I'd say somewhere around 6th or 7th, but there's many more on the list.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Lucstar88 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:54 pm

I personally liked the finish of the 2012 Daytona 500.
avatar
Lucstar88
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2694
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by conrail1990 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Lucstar88 wrote:I personally liked the finish of the 2012 Daytona 500.
No.

There where other great finishes pre 2000. Like the fight for thw in in the 93' Diehard 500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSdaKAJTxw
avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:19 pm

this should be included too.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:34 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:this should be included too.
I'm only using races that didn't end under caution.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:this should be included too.
I'm only using races that didn't end under caution.

oh ok sorry, didn't know that.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 pm

The 2011 Atlanta race Jeff Gordon won. Him and Jimmie Johnson sliding around was more than entertaining to watch.

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4532
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:47 pm

2010 Aaron's 499 finish. Kevin Harvick timed his move perfectly for a photo finish between him and Jamie McMurray.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:06 pm

How about the 1959 Daytona 500? I don't know if there's any video, but here's a summary.

Lee Petty battled with Beauchamp during the final 30 laps of the race,
and they were the only two drivers to finish on the lead lap. Petty took
the lead with 3 laps left, and led at the start of the final lap. Petty
and Beauchamp drove side by side across the finish line at the end
final lap for a photo finish.
Beauchamp was declared the unofficial winner by NASCAR officials, and
he drove to victory lane. Petty protested the results, saying "I had
Beauchamp by a good two feet. In my own mind, I know I won."
Beauchamp replied "I had him by two feet. I glanced over to Lee Petty's
car as I crossed the finish line and I could see his headlight slightly
back of my car. It was so close I didn't know how they would call it,
but I thought I won." Early leader Fireball Roberts, who was standing by the finish line, said "There's no doubt about it, Petty won." It took NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. three days to decide the winner the following Wednesday. In the end, with the help of photographs and newsreel footage, Petty was officially declared the winner.



avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:How about the 1959 Daytona 500? I don't know if there's any video, but here's a summary.

Lee Petty battled with Beauchamp during the final 30 laps of the race,
and they were the only two drivers to finish on the lead lap. Petty took
the lead with 3 laps left, and led at the start of the final lap. Petty
and Beauchamp drove side by side across the finish line at the end
final lap for a photo finish.
Beauchamp was declared the unofficial winner by NASCAR officials, and
he drove to victory lane. Petty protested the results, saying "I had
Beauchamp by a good two feet. In my own mind, I know I won."
Beauchamp replied "I had him by two feet. I glanced over to Lee Petty's
car as I crossed the finish line and I could see his headlight slightly
back of my car. It was so close I didn't know how they would call it,
but I thought I won." Early leader Fireball Roberts, who was standing by the finish line, said "There's no doubt about it, Petty won." It took NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. three days to decide the winner the following Wednesday. In the end, with the help of photographs and newsreel footage, Petty was officially declared the winner.



I'm pretty sure I've seen video of that.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by BWard on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:How about the 1959 Daytona 500? I don't know if there's any video, but here's a summary.

Lee Petty battled with Beauchamp during the final 30 laps of the race,
and they were the only two drivers to finish on the lead lap. Petty took
the lead with 3 laps left, and led at the start of the final lap. Petty
and Beauchamp drove side by side across the finish line at the end
final lap for a photo finish.
Beauchamp was declared the unofficial winner by NASCAR officials, and
he drove to victory lane. Petty protested the results, saying "I had
Beauchamp by a good two feet. In my own mind, I know I won."
Beauchamp replied "I had him by two feet. I glanced over to Lee Petty's
car as I crossed the finish line and I could see his headlight slightly
back of my car. It was so close I didn't know how they would call it,
but I thought I won." Early leader Fireball Roberts, who was standing by the finish line, said "There's no doubt about it, Petty won." It took NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. three days to decide the winner the following Wednesday. In the end, with the help of photographs and newsreel footage, Petty was officially declared the winner.



I'm pretty sure I've seen video of that.
this is one, but I don't know if there is a video with the actual clear footage of the finish.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:How about the 1959 Daytona 500? I don't know if there's any video, but here's a summary.

Lee Petty battled with Beauchamp during the final 30 laps of the race,
and they were the only two drivers to finish on the lead lap. Petty took
the lead with 3 laps left, and led at the start of the final lap. Petty
and Beauchamp drove side by side across the finish line at the end
final lap for a photo finish.
Beauchamp was declared the unofficial winner by NASCAR officials, and
he drove to victory lane. Petty protested the results, saying "I had
Beauchamp by a good two feet. In my own mind, I know I won."
Beauchamp replied "I had him by two feet. I glanced over to Lee Petty's
car as I crossed the finish line and I could see his headlight slightly
back of my car. It was so close I didn't know how they would call it,
but I thought I won." Early leader Fireball Roberts, who was standing by the finish line, said "There's no doubt about it, Petty won." It took NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. three days to decide the winner the following Wednesday. In the end, with the help of photographs and newsreel footage, Petty was officially declared the winner.



I'm pretty sure I've seen video of that.

Well, I'll be darned. Here it is.

avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by day500champ1 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Since Michigan is tomorrow, how about Dale Jarrett beating Davey Allison for his first cup win?

1991 Michigan

avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:02 am

avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Top 10 NSCS white flag laps/finishes

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum