Penske Releases Allmendinger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by PKligBKFan on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Penske Racing announced today that AJ Allmendinger has been released as driver of the No. 22 Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series. Allmendinger was suspended indefinitely by NASCAR last week for a positive drug test.

"Penske Racing fully supports NASCAR's substance abuse policy and we are disappointed with AJ's positive drug test results," said Roger Penske. "AJ is a terrific driver, a good person and it is very unfortunate that we have to separate at this time. We have invested greatly in AJ and we were confident in his success with our team. The decision to dismiss him is consistent with how we would treat any other Penske Racing team member under similar circumstances. As AJ begins NASCAR's ‘Road to Recovery’ program, we wish him the best and look forward to seeing him compete again in NASCAR."

Sam Hornish Jr., will drive the No. 22 Dodge at Pocono this weekend and for the foreseeable future.

Penske Racing will evaluate its options for a driver of the No. 22 car for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Magus978 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz
avatar
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : See the corpse in the corner? That's me!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by BWard on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm

It's kinda sad for Roger Penske to do this but he just has no other choice. I do wish to see Allmendinger return to NASCAR in the near future because he does have a lot of talent behind the wheel (some of that I think was from Champ Car).
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5822
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Daxam_Stark on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Magus978 wrote:If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz

I'll certainly enjoy making comedy excuses for him if this happens.

I can see it now. ((Warning: Incoming joke.))

43. 98- Allmendinger. 3 laps. Got sick from eating too much Zaxby's chicken with "salt"
Razz

((Joke over.))
Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by day500champ1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Daxam_Stark wrote:
Magus978 wrote:If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz

I'll certainly enjoy making comedy excuses for him if this happens.

I can see it now. ((Warning: Incoming joke.))

43. 98- Allmendinger. 3 laps. Got sick from eating too much Zaxby's chicken with "salt"
Razz

((Joke over.))
Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

I hate to say this Daxam, but Sam is more than likely going to get the 22. When Penske dropped the 3rd team at the end of 2010, it was because he couldn't get a sponsor for the #77 to keep Sam in the Cup car. That's why he put him in the NNS. Now that AJ is out of the #22 I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sam gets that ride next season.
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Sparkz47 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Daxam_Stark wrote:Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Well, he could just be an interim driver until they find someone to drive the #22 for the long run, so I think it's reasonable to have him drive it for a while. He's a decent, competent driver who can bring the car home in one piece, so I think he'll be fine until Penske does find someone for 2013.

Heck, maybe that someone WILL be him.


Last edited by Sparkz47 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Milan655 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:29 pm

Hornish has 3 Indy Car titles to his name, he'll be fine..
avatar
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2336
Join date : 2011-09-04
Age : 26
Location : London, UK/Bangkok, Thailand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Daxam_Stark on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm

That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all. It could be worse I suppose. Either Timmy PoyntingDownHill or Joahn Wrecks TownsWithZaxbys could be in the 22....I think I just gave myself nightmares....


Daxam_Stark
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 24
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:Now for the serious part, why Hornish?He needs more time in the NNS before he comes back to Cup. Couldn't they have hired a more experienced driver for the 22?Nothing against Hornish, but c'mon.

Well, he could just be an interim driver until they find someone to drive the #22 for the long run, so I think it's reasonable to have him drive it for a while. He's a decent, competent driver who can bring the car home in one piece, so I think he'll be fine until Penske does find someone for 2013.

Heck, maybe that someone WILL be him.

^ This ^

Keep Hornish in the 22 awhile, not make a rash decision, and sign someone just because a seat has opened up, and then make your move when you know you found the right driver, and if Hornish can shape up, and have good runs in the 22, he would have earned himself a Cup ride.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Alta on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Magus978 wrote:If & when you return to NASCAR, AJ...

Welcome to the Start and Park brigade. Here's your car, putz around for 10 laps then make up a hokey excuse. We prefer you don't use "vibration" or "brakes", just tell the official you got hungry so you're going out for a cheeseburger. They'll understand Razz
It will honestly be quite the big injustice if he ends up in a park mobile. I honestly would rather see him go back to Nationwide and get a bit more experience then come back up to Cup.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3985
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 pm

He'll be back. Probably with someone like Ganassi or someone else whose drivers don't win very much.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by AntmanB on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 am

So much for Hm Racing For Penske in Indycar.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 am

THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:58 am

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22

Seconded.

Completely serious.
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Rykia on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22

Seconded.

Completely serious.

Thirded. How awesome would that be?

I still like the idea of Sam in the 22, as well though.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Alpineopossum on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:50 am

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:THAY SHULD BRUNG BACK WAWD BURRTON TO DA 22

Seconded.

Completely serious.

Thirded. How awesome would that be?

I still like the idea of Sam in the 22, as well though.

Forthed Very Happy Last I heard Ward is running a Wildlife foundation. He bears an uncanny resemblance to my 8th grade English teacher. Mr. Hack was Ward Burton plus Jon Huntsman.

Timmy PoyntDownHill. That's pretty good...
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by navycook75 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:54 am

Maryeve Dufault anybody?
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by JMac525 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 am

I still think Sam is the man for the #22. I think Nationwide has given him some renewed confidence. Plus, Penske is a lot more competitive in Sprint Cup than it was when Sam drove the #77.

Btw, I've heard rumors of a third Penske car next year. Interesting.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Syzygy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 am

Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

_________________

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
avatar
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Chagrin Falls, OH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 am

BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

You're not the first one to do this type of trolling on EFR.

Anyway, good job, lawlmendinger.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Syzygy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:18 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

You're not the first one to do this type of trolling on EFR.

Anyway, good job, lawlmendinger.

Shh, they're not supposed to know it's not true!

Whoops, shouldn't have let that one slip...

_________________

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
avatar
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Chagrin Falls, OH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:25 am

BurningThunder wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

You're not the first one to do this type of trolling on EFR.

Anyway, good job, lawlmendinger.

Shh, they're not supposed to know it's not true!

Whoops, shouldn't have let that one slip...

His name was Alta. Someone started an entry list for the Daytona 500 so early, he decided to troll everyone buy saying Dufault was taking over a ride for the season. There. Now I really spoiled it Laughing.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-19
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Syzygy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 am

RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:Maryeve Dufault Confirmed to #22 for Watkins Glen: Multiple sources have confirmed that Maryeve Dufault has been hired to drive the #22 Shell/Pennzoil Dodge for Penske Racing at Watkins Glen on Sunday, August 12th in the Finger Lakes 355 at The Glen. Her close connections with Dodge were reportedly a major factor in her signing. Dufault competed in the 2011 ARCA Racing Series presented by Menard's, finishing 16th in the standings despite missing two races. Team Boss Roger Penske nor Maryeve Dufault were available for comment. (Penske Racing)(8-2-2012)

You're not the first one to do this type of trolling on EFR.

Anyway, good job, lawlmendinger.

Shh, they're not supposed to know it's not true!

Whoops, shouldn't have let that one slip...

His name was Alta. Someone started an entry list for the Daytona 500 so early, he decided to troll everyone buy saying Dufault was taking over a ride for the season. There. Now I really spoiled it Laughing.

Actually, I had posted it before Alta on here. He just helped me in my trolling. Anyways, we're getting off topic.

In all honesty, I'd like to see Dave Blaney get a shot in the #22 for a race or two.

_________________

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
avatar
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Chagrin Falls, OH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Magus978 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:48 am

BurningThunder wrote:
In all honesty, I'd like to see Dave Blaney get a shot in the #22 for a race or two.

If Blaney gets the car on a Super Speedway, it's going to victory lane if he stays out of trouble. 3rd at Talladega in the fall in TBR equipment. He can get it done.
avatar
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : See the corpse in the corner? That's me!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by AntmanB on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 am

NO. FAKE. INFORMATION. THIS IS RACING RUMOR, NOT FAKE RACING RUMOR.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by RACECAR on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:14 am

Daxam_Stark wrote:That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all.

Well, I wouldn't say he's rushing him back. Sam's been out of Cup for three seasons (or four?) so I hardly would say he's being rushed. Besides, he's shown he can bring the car home and has come a long way from being a rolling wrecker in the 77. I kinda like that idea of Sam back in a Pennzoil car though, would be awesome Very Happy
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Jason Hamilton on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:20 am

RACECAR wrote:
Daxam_Stark wrote:That someone will be him I'm sure. I'm just a bit confused. Didn't Penske say several months ago he made a mistake in rushing Hornish to Cup? and now he's doing just that.((Except it's rushing BACK to Cup.)) It makes no sense to me that's all.

Well, I wouldn't say he's rushing him back. Sam's been out of Cup for three seasons (or four?) so I hardly would say he's being rushed. Besides, he's shown he can bring the car home and has come a long way from being a rolling wrecker in the 77. I kinda like that idea of Sam back in a Pennzoil car though, would be awesome Very Happy

2 and a half I think.
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Cynon on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 am

AntmanB wrote:NO. FAKE. INFORMATION. THIS IS RACING RUMOR, NOT FAKE RACING RUMOR.

I'll give you a week to grow up, find a sense of humor, and learn that YOU AREN'T AN ADMIN AROUND HERE.

Carry on. Very Happy

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Tanrar on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am

If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Syzygy on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 am

RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

_________________

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
avatar
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Chagrin Falls, OH

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Cynon on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

BurningThunder wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

Or from laughter after he forgets that the grass doesn't have any grip on it?

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Tanrar on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Cynon wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

Or from laughter after he forgets that the grass doesn't have any grip on it?

A mixture of pain and laughter.
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by PKligBKFan on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 pm

I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Alta on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Cynon wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:
RandomClassic wrote:If Jacques Villeneuve is put in the 22 for Watkins Glen, I will cry.

Tears of joy or pain?

Or from laughter after he forgets that the grass doesn't have any grip on it?
DAMN IT CY! WHY DIDN'T YOU GRIP UP THE GRASS!!11
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3985
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by antknee on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:25 am

Hornish was definitely a wrecking machine in Cup, I don't think the other drivers would look forward to him racing for another entire season.

Maybe Penske gives Logano a shot?
avatar
antknee
Admin

Posts : 512
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 104
Location : Dallas, TX (The Colony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Alta on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:31 am

antknee wrote:Hornish was definitely a wrecking machine in Cup, I don't think the other drivers would look forward to him racing for another entire season.

Maybe Penske gives Logano a shot?
That was a few years ago, He's shown massive improvement in Nationwide and is right there in the title fight. I think he might do better in his 2nd time around in Cup.

Logano? I'd trust a stoned Allmendinger or 2009 Hornish more.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3985
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Alpineopossum on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 am

PKligBKFan wrote:I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.

When I was little I thought that Steve Park's car had the hood open slightly because of the black stripe at the bottom of the hood. I liked him too.
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1850
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by antknee on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:39 am

Alta wrote:Logano? I'd trust a stoned Allmendinger or 2009 Hornish more.

True, I didn't say he should, I just said he might. Idea
avatar
antknee
Admin

Posts : 512
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 104
Location : Dallas, TX (The Colony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Penske Releases Allmendinger

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:48 am

PKligBKFan wrote:I think it'd be cool to see Steve Park in the 22. I know it won't happen, but he was my favourite driver when I was little. I'm only saying Park because of the Shell/Pennzoil sponsorship though.

YES.
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum