2013 Silly Season Thread

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by GamerAzuzu on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
Let's just hope they don't have GlaDoS as their operating system on the computers for setting up the cars.

I'd rather her than Wheatley, imagine if he was their OS?
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
Let's just hope they don't have GlaDoS as their operating system on the computers for setting up the cars.

He would make mistakes, but GlaDoS would try to set up the car to kill it's driver or to create massive amounts of neurotoxins to come out of the exhaust system.
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 am

gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

He would make mistakes, but GlaDoS would try to set up the car to kill it's driver or to create massive amounts of neurotoxins to come out of the exhaust system.

And you couldn't drive anywhere other than on a test track... Laughing
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 am

RyanB06 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

*in GlaDoS voice* Great job. Maybe if you get a little better, you'll pass the Tutinos.
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm

RandomClassic wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

*in GlaDoS voice* Great job. Maybe if you get a little better, you'll pass the Tutinos.

This is win. Laughing
JMac525
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

if it was Wheatley it would be like this.

"they told me, if we won a race, I would die."
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

RTR GOING FULL TIME?

Unconfirmed reports have RTR Automotive Engineering going full time in 2013 with Cameron Taylor and an unnamed teammate. This may involve partnering with an existing team.
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Andrews: Tenchi Key to Silly Season

Former TM Master Cup Series driver Lance Andrews reckons that Japanese driver Yamino Tenchi is the key to the silly season. Tenchi, who has several influential backers, has not yet signed for a team for the 2013 TM Master Cup series campaign.

"Tenchi brings some money and is certainly got a lot of talent on the side." Andrews said.
"Wherever she goes will determine who gets whatever seats are left over."

Tenchi is reportedly part of the reason the silly season has stalled a bit, as three teams, including former employer Star Nemoto Racing, are waiting for Tenchi to respond.

The Japanese driver's eventual destination could determine if some TM Master Cup series hopefuls, such as Ben Atkins, Jacob Eichholtz, and Troy Adams get their shot as a full-time driver. Andrews said, however, that others may be in even more dire straits.

"The guys that are really going to hate Tenchi are the ones that are looking for jobs. Scott Steudler, Zach Duff, Jose Luis Martinez, and Chris Johaanes, for example, have everything a team needs, talent and experience. When they don't have a drive locked up, they will start to be feeling the pressure and having to drive over their heads to impress a team or sponsor for next year. Once Tenchi lands a drive, I think those guys might actually get some of their phone calls returned."

Tenchi's current teammate, Zelda Ashby, once thought to be a kingpin of the Silly Season, is reportedly on her way to FPO to partner Sealander Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr.

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Durbin Looking for Part Time Master Cup Drive?

Ike Durbin currently sits second in the TM Lights points, and already has signed another one year deal with Great Lakes Motorsports to drive for the team in 2013. However, as Durbin states, the more seat time the better, and that's why, he says, he's looking for a part time drive in the TM Master Cup Series.

Durbin said, "I'm glad that I have a contract with GLM in the Lights Series next year. I don't really think I'm ready for a full time Master Cup ride, and that's why I want to get as much experience as I can. In an ideal situation, I would love to have a part time drive [in Master Cup] next season, and you know, I don't really care what caliber team it is, even if it's the slowest team out there, I just want some more experience before I even attempt to go for a full Master Cup drive."
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 am

Woodard to tour PSI during Round of Indianapolis, is this a sneak preview for 2013?

With Woodard being considered for a ride at a couple of teams, one potential team offer sticks out from most others. PSI team owner William Power stated in an press release earlier in the year that he [Woodard] was one of several drivers considered for a ride. Woodard, who drives the #41 Nikon Lycoia Interceptor, tweeted earlier about him going to PSI sometime during the Round of Indianapolis. However, the reasoning was to get fitted into the 08 Tonare Surge for his entry for the Round of Victoria. As of now, there is no official word one way or the other by anyone involved with either party.

Last edited by gwoodard41 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

RMC/FPO Forthcoming Deal Derailed?

Rogue Motor Corporation and Fluffy Penguin Onionburger may be getting closer to finalizing an agreement for chassis support for 2013. However, the deal may have hit a snag. FPO recently announced that Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr. is headed to FPO for 2013 in car #99. RMC was hoping to add their development driver Reese Biehn into the mix. No one from either RMC or FPO returned calls for an interview on the subject.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:24 pm

So you don't need to be "approved" to join this series? I'm just wondering.
Tigerman
Development Series Rookie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Tigerman wrote:So you don't need to be "approved" to join this series? I'm just wondering.
No, you need to, even then it's best to have a driver in the lower leagues work their way up first, just saying unless you can find an empty seat

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Leonard Will Be FPO's Third Driver, No Room for Biehn?

Upon rumors that Rogue Motors are attempting to force Reese Biehn into FPO, a representative confirmed that team owner Marcos Leonard has already finalized the driver lineup. Leonard will stay in the team as their third driver, and has no interest in taking Reese Biehn as a driver.

"Smelly leaves do not pull us." Leonard was quoted as saying.
"Reese Biehn may reveal extraordinary hammock turkeys, but remember that the yellow acorns are not flammable when refrigerated."

Leonard's handling of the Rogue Motors situation indicates that he has other offers on the table, one of which could be the Alessandro Rossini designed car that was not able to get approved in time for Indianapolis.

Leonard was also very tight-lipped about who the other driver for FPO would be, but admitted that he would not be the team's second full-time driver.

"Unveiling that obvious treat would print your clock, which is not healthy if you are sharpening wheat or any other electronic absorption device." he smiled slyly.

Since her name has not been mentioned on the driver market for some time, Zelda Ashby is the most likely candidate to drive for FPO. Given Leonard's knack for attracting unusual sponsors, it is possible that he intends to seek multiple Promoter's Options to get his car onto the grid for as many races as he can -- giving his new team three cars in one race. The new Promoter's Option rule will allow such an event to take place.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 am

Leckliter to honor the late Scott Morales on his car next year

As a tribute to his fallen friend Scott Morales, Daniel Leckliter is looking to put Morales' old Sprint Car number on his car next year. Scott won 23 feature races and a championship in his number 46 machine.

(OOC: I'm trying to have myself be inconsistent with numbers that I have used in the TMMC)
navycook75
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Evans Motorsports Exploring Return to TMMC

Success in ARLA and RROL has prompted Evans Motorsports to begin exploration of a possible return to the TM Master Cup. There is no word yet regarding whether it would a full-time team(s), part time, or Independent entry. Sponsorship is said to be secured.
antknee
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Carla Rosinski looking for an Independent's Trophy ride?

After a successful season in just about everything, being a title contender in Dash Cup, finishing 2nd on her ARLA debut and making the round of Indianapolis, 20 year old Carla Rosinski is looking for an Independent's Trophy ride, maybe in the 56 that her partner Ben Atkins drove in 2012 in his Independent's Trophy for Atlantic Motorsports?

"I'd love to race more in Master Cup. I had a ball at Indianapolis!" said Rosinski; "and I've been so good in everything I've done, and my confidence levels have raised so much since the start of the year."

Rosinski, currently 2nd in Dash Cup points with one race remaining, says she's ready to step up to higher competitions, even though she is staying in Dash Cup for 2013 with MRD Motorsports, but she says if she gets an Independent's Trophy ride, that will be her main focus.

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Lynxe Buys Majestic Motorsports

The fate of Majestic Motorsports has finally been sealed. The French-owned fashion company Lynxe indicated that it will buy Majestic Motorsports for its own Lynxe Racing initiative. Lynxe confirmed that it will continue it's support for the efforts of women in motorsports, indicating that they have signed one woman to drive for them next season in the TM Master Cup series.

Lynxe Racing owner Juliette Lauvais indicated that it was unlikely that either Ryan Matthews or Mika Paasonen would stay with the team in 2013. However, Lauvais said that she would be open to keeping both men on board as reserve drivers, or in assisting them in finding a full race seat at another team.

Lynxe's official TM Lights team, the Lynxe Women's Team, is reportedly interested in signing Ryan Matthews's wife, Tiffany, for the 2013 season. They have also expressed interest in giving Tiffany Matthews a test in the Lynxe car.

With Lynxe buying out Majestic Motorsports, they have effectively secured their place on the grid, with car numbers 11 and 12. While they are believed to have the Gasnier Spahi at their disposal, it is doubtful that they will use it due to Gasnier debating whether they will stay in the TM Master Cup series for the 2013 season.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Cynon wrote:Lynxe Buys Majestic Motorsports

The fate of Majestic Motorsports has finally been sealed. The French-owned fashion company Lynxe indicated that it will buy Majestic Motorsports for its own Lynxe Racing initiative. Lynxe confirmed that it will continue it's support for the efforts of women in motorsports, indicating that they have signed one woman to drive for them next season in the TM Master Cup series.

Lynxe Racing owner Juliette Lauvais indicated that it was unlikely that either Ryan Matthews or Mika Paasonen would stay with the team in 2013. However, Lauvais said that she would be open to keeping both men on board as reserve drivers, or in assisting them in finding a full race seat at another team.

Lynxe's official TM Lights team, the Lynxe Women's Team, is reportedly interested in signing Ryan Matthews's wife, Tiffany, for the 2013 season. They have also expressed interest in giving Tiffany Matthews a test in the Lynxe car.

With Lynxe buying out Majestic Motorsports, they have effectively secured their place on the grid, with car numbers 11 and 12. While they are believed to have the Gasnier Spahi at their disposal, it is doubtful that they will use it due to Gasnier debating whether they will stay in the TM Master Cup series for the 2013 season.

>yfw Nosova
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 am

Paasonen is yet to offer a comment but it is believed that he is trying to get sponsorship for a full time drive in 2013
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Dangerous Dog Racing Filing for an Independents Trophy Run

Dangerous Dog Racing team owner, Jeff Lautenschlager is filing to earn his team an Independents Trophy slot for the 2013 season with ARLA Elite Series driver Kalvin Oreiller for a few races and Jeff's son, Tyson for a races in Canada.

"We've been running in ARLA for a little while now and Kalvin was in his rookie season this year in the Elite Series and has done a truly fantastic job. I believe he's currently sitting 11th in the points. Tyson on the other hand is planning a part-time season in the Dash Cup Series next year in Europe but he said he'd like to run a few TMMC races."

Not much is known at this time. Lautenschlager says he has sponsorship and would prefer to run the Omecha MA04 for next season if they get the clear to compete for the independents trophy in the 2013 season.
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Interdrain Motorsports is filing for Independents Trophy Run in 2013

Chad Richards, the team owner of Interdrain Motorsports is currently filing to get his TM Lights team a slot in the Independents Trophy for the 2013 TM Master Cup Season. Their TM Lights driver James Davison may be confirmed as their driver if the team finds a spot in.

"This may only be the team's first year in any sort of Major Racing Series, said Richards,"but Davison has proved that he is a good racer on the track, having already won a race this season in the TM Lights, and he's also said he'd like to compete for the Indy Trophy if our team and him get a place."

At this time right now, Davison also says that he'd like to bring his sponsorship from his Car in his team if they get given the all-clear to compete for the Independents Trophy in 2013, and that they will almost certainly run the Omecha MAO4 in the process.
BWard
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 am

Team CTR Filing for 2013 Independent's Trophy Run

Team CTR is filing the paperwork to compete for the Independent's Trophy during the 2013 season. "With MRD out and the grid expanding to 6 cars per race, we think it's a great time to run," team owner Tom Bennett said in a press release.

"While we might be the 'new guys', so to speak, we've shown that we can be very competitive right out of the gate. We've done well in the ASCC, CRL and Dash Cup, so we feel like we've got a chance to really make a mark here."

No word was given on who the driver would be, but the smart money would be on ASCC driver Joe Olenick, who not only brings sponsorship money, but is an invested partner in the team. There are rumors that Dassault Systemes may come on board for the 2013 season.
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

S-Tech To consider Future Independents Trophy Campaign?!

While S-Tech has been dealing with preparations for the remaining races on the ARLA schedule, a less spoken rumor is that the team may attempt a independents trophy slot next season.

Not much is known about the rumor, aside that Quan Xing would most likely be their Independents driver, and that they plan on using their Inferno chassis, one that has yet to turn a lap in competition.
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Where are the Italians?

Where are the Italians? The Southern Europeans seem to have been lost from the TM Master Cup ever since the disappearance of STS subsidiary, Squadra Corsa. Back in 2010, the Italian outfit enlisted 4 drivers to compete in the TM Master Cup Series, two of which were exciting Italian drivers-Alessandro Rossini and Enzo Medina.

Medina, who had proven he had an abundance of skill through spending time at Arrowtech, would later suffer cardiac arrest. Rossini was left as the sole full-time Italian. He had previously competed in the TM Master Cup series in 2009, where he secured a 9th place in his first start in the Karjala Grand Prix. Rossini, however, were left absent from the 2011 season after a lack lustre season, despite placing a high 4th in the TM Junior Series. He left for Italy, where he secured a title in the Italian Formula C, before making his return to the US driving for family owned team, Rossini Sport, in the Formula Overdrive championship where he has taken 3 podiums and holds a 4th place overall.

After questioned at a fans Q&A session in Italy, Rossini was asked "where have the Italians gone from the TM Master Cup?", he paused for thought, rolling it through his mind, before answering "I don't know." Hours later, a post was made on the Rossini's page at the RSport website, claiming he was searching for a seat for 2013. The post read that after "much consideration," Rossini had "dropped plans to compete in the TM Master Cup under Rossini Sport" and was "searching for a ride somewhere else". Rossini had previously planned to run under Rossini Sport, driving the teams newly designed Rossini 312S Turismo, however plans to run the chassis were quickly cancelled in plans to move the chassis on to another team, after interest was seen high in the car. Rossini went on to further state that "the sport needs an Italian driver, I am looking to be that Italian driver. Me and Enzo (Medina) built a huge TM Master Cup fan base back home in Italy, and it would go in vain if they were not to have a driver for them to back. I drive anywhere, for anyone, as long as the fans get their Italian driver."

The TM Master Cup has previously seen a large list of Italians compete in larger one-off events in the past two years, such as the Karjala Grand Prix and Round of Indianapolis.
Milan655
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Jonser's team looking for Independents bid in 2013?

After being out of competition for a year in Master Cup, Craig Jonser announced his plan to bring his self funded operation, Scarabs Motors, up for an Independents Trophy bid in 2013. While details are lacking at the moment, it is widely assumed he will be driving for the team along with the possibility of a second car as well for one off events.
Kornography

View user profile http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:24 am

Terra International Motorsports releases driver roster for 2013, Woodard confirmed moving to PSI.

With Roderick confirmed for the Volpi Racing Team in 2013, this pretty much confirms Woodard going to PSI. This means that PSI will indeed acquire the Interceptor in 2013.

What does this mean for Terra International Motorsports? The team which Woodard drove for is going back to the Brute while acquiring Nick Dawson for at least one of the seats. Ike Durbin, the current driver of the 68 Skull Candy Interceptor has been contacted for the second seat for the 2013 season. If Durbin is to decline, it is rumored that Sarah Xavier or Terry Bolson may take over the seat.

Rumor has it that Dawson will be bringing in Black Ice Energy Drink as a sponsor, while, depending who gets the second seat, Phoenix Performance has been slated to remain with the team while running a tertiary sponsor deal with Woodard over at PSI. The numbers for both drivers have not been selected yet, but depending on which number system is used, the team will select two numbers before the start of the next season.
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Terra International Motorsports releases driver roster for 2013, Woodard confirmed moving to PSI.

With Roderick confirmed for the Volpi Racing Team in 2013, this pretty much confirms Woodard going to PSI. This means that PSI will indeed acquire the Interceptor in 2013.

What does this mean for Terra International Motorsports? The team which Woodard drove for is going back to the Brute while acquiring Nick Dawson for at least one of the seats. Ike Durbin, the current driver of the 68 Skull Candy Interceptor has been contacted for the second seat for the 2013 season. If Durbin is to decline, it is rumored that Sarah Xavier or Terry Bolson may take over the seat.

Rumor has it that Dawson will be bringing in Black Ice Energy Drink as a sponsor, while, depending who gets the second seat, Phoenix Performance has been slated to remain with the team while running a tertiary sponsor deal with Woodard over at PSI. The numbers for both drivers have not been selected yet, but depending on which number system is used, the team will select two numbers before the start of the next season.

An update to the original press release: Ike Durbin confirms for Independent's Trophy Bid making the Terra International Motorsports entry list at two entries.
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:36 am

Two cars for an Eichholtz Atlantic Racing Independent's Trophy bid?

After looking at the funding behind a TMMC bid, Eichholtz Atlantic Racing could be looking for a two car team for an independent's trophy bid. William Atkins, co-owner at EAR has stated that they are interested in returning to the Master Cup with two cars, but as one team, instead of being separate.

"We've got two drivers in mind, and it shouldn't surprise the public to say that this could be something for Ben [Atkins] and Jacob [Eichholtz] to fall back on if they don't find themselves in a full time ride. Carla Rosinski's looking like she can snap up the ride too if her boyfriend doesn't. I've not really talked to Patrick about his driver selections, but I know his son would be #1 for the ride."

While William Atkins appears to be speculating who could be in one of the cars, it appears that Patrick Eichholtz may be the one to say who gets the other, if this plan goes through.

NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Abbey for Independents Trophy?

After a rather unsuccessful Indy GP, Abbey Engineering have decided to downscale their plans for an attack on the title and have opted for a chance to gain experience in the series. Zoe Carter and Ben Hurran are confirmed as the most likely drivers to compete, with Carter alternating between a possible dash cup ride. The main news is that if the team proves successful in their bid, then they will field a new manufacturer in the TMMC, more news will reportedly come from the team at the end of the season.

(OOC: the rear lights I requested a while back are connected to this story Suspect )
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Paasonen gets personal sponsorship for 2013

It has been announced today that Mika Paasonen has signed a personal sponsorship deal with Battery Energy Drink for the 2013 season. It is believed that this is an attempt to aid his chances in securing a full time drive for 2013. A spokesperson for Battery said today that "Mika is a great driver and we look forward to being associated with him. We urge all TM Master Cup teams to strongly consider him for a drive as he is extremely talented and drove one of the best races of the season on debut at Karjala this year". Paasonen is currently 19th in the TM Master Cup points standings
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Last Row Autosport applys for Independents Trophy

After a Indy Attempt or two over the last few years, Team owner Mike Howard is interested in running 2 Lycoias to attempt the 2013 Independents Trophy. Depending on other plans, Dan Mackay may or may not drive one of the cars, and Afzal Tahmid would be driving the other.
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

View user profile http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

Tenchi to ... Clockwork Racing?

The music has stopped, and the kingpin to the silly season shuffle has found their ride. Rather, in this case, the queenpin. Popular Japanese driver Yamino Tenchi announced that she will be driving for Clockwork Racing in 2013, which will be fielding a car powered by experimental technologies.

Clockwork Racing, which is owned by Team EFR driver Ian Cooper, does not have a guaranteed entry for 2013, and has been turned away from full-time competition several times. It isn't known if the crafty, sly Cooper is the owner of the mysterious "Team 14", or has an Independent's Trophy position for Tenchi lined up. Cooper did not confirm or deny any of those speculations, but indicated that fans would get a fair chance to see his new car in action. The car is expected to carry #25.

With Tenchi's signing to Clockwork, this leaves the Silly Season wide open, with few rides and many able drivers seeking rides.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Lynxe Racing to Announce Driver at New York

Lynxe Racing is set to announce the identity of one of their two drivers for the 2013 campaign during the Round of New York weekend. Sources close to the team indicated the driver is someone who "fans should know pretty well", but did not confirm any additional details.

Lynxe has also not yet decided on a chassis to use for 2013, with some reports stating that the team might build off of a 2012 concept car that was never raced.

Rossini to Tutino?

Scuderia Tutino is reportedly interested in buying the Rossini-designed chassis for their 2013 car. The team would apparently be willing to take Italian Alessandro "Milano" Rossini as a driver as part of the deal. Rossini recently made comments suggesting that the TM Master Cup series needed an Italian driver. Marino Tutino, owner of Scuderia Tutino, agreed with Rossini's statements.

"It's a shame there are no Italians in the series, but that is how it goes... we know that [Rossini] is good enough but he doesn't have a drive." Tutino said.
"We would love the chance to have another Italian driver in our team next season."

Tutino previously employed an Italian driver, Luca Scalora, who also drove for Volpi Racing Team. Scalora was not terribly impressive in any of his outings with Volpi or Tutino and currently races a GT1 Kosweiger in Europe.

14th Team is BlackDiamond?

The provisional entry list for the 2013 TM Master Cup series shows a mysterious 14th team, with no confirmed identity. While a 14th team has not been decided, all signs point towards BlackDiamond Racing filling that place on the grid. Despite operating on a small budget, BlackDiamond Racing has eked out respectable runs with Dale Roswell in the 2012 campaign.

Other teams reportedly being considered are Rick Milligan Racing and BKR Australia, although the latter is presently listed as an Independent's Trophy entrant.

Formula A Points in TM Master Cup Series?

An offhand suggestion by TM Master Cup series championship leader Adrien Devereux has fueled speculation that the TM Master Cup series may use the same points system currently being used in the Formula A World Championship. TM Master Cup series organizers refused to comment, other than that they would consider Devereux's suggestion.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Tom Delgado Racing Re-Applies for 2013 Independent's Trophy Bid

Citing an increase in sponsorship, funding, and interest, Tom Delgado Racing (formerly MRD Motorsports), has re-applied for entry into the TM Master Cup Series for the 2013 Independent's Trophy campaign. They have reportedly picked up sponsorship from Golden Corral, and is slowly picking up more sponsorship.

"The fire still burns inside of me to win. Maybe not as a driver, but definitely as an owner" Delgado said. "It may not be possible to win a race as an Independent anymore, but I think if we play our cards right, we can have some redemption in the Independent's Trophy and maybe win it. Winning the Independent's Trophy would make my two wins as a driver seem meaningless" Delgado added.

If accepted, Delgado admitted that the team would only run the races they are scheduled to run as Independents, and would most likely forego the free entries to Karjala, Indianapolis, and Decatur. "We prepared extra hard for those three races only to be let down, and if we're accepted, we're not going to make that same mistake twice. We will most likely not bring the TDR car to those races. I want that Independent's Trophy, that is Tom Delgado Racing's main focus for 2013. We will work tirelessly to make sure that Tom Delgado Racing is the one celebrating at the end of the day" Delgado added.
Magus978
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Team Europa Motorsports lodges bid for Independent's trophy

Team Europa, is lodging a serious attempt at a TM Master Cup Independents Trophy. The team has reportedly bought a shop somewhere outside of Schaumburg, Illinois which is in the heart of Master Cup country, Chicago,Illinois. Team owner Henri Sandavaeus, said in an interview, that "This is something we've always had a an inkling for. Now that Master cup is at fever pitch in France with Adrian (Devereux) having all his success, we feel it is the perfect for us to launch an independents trophy bid. We have sponsor ship lined up for a possible run if we get admitted, If not we should have them on-board at least for the Big 3 races."

Sandavaeus, stated that one of the sponsors will not be J.Carr Tax Services. Owners Sean Richardson and John Locke have stated as much as they like having a minority ownership, they stated that a MASTER Cup Independent team would not fall under the marketing area that the DashCup does. This is thought to mainly be because, Europa wants to run primarily American races.
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Plans for 2013

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 am

JINX Racing Entry for 2013

"I'd like to finally confirm that JINX Racing has been approved for a 2013 Independent's Trophy run. The Chassis is still under negotiation but I'd like to keep some brand loyalty and stick with Lycoia(sp?) as I also have another announcement to be made. The number has also not been decided as there may be new numbering rules for IT Team Cars. I would also like to announce we are running our own engines as my Engine shop has been around for years and is developing new improvements that I've been dying to bring to the track. Interesting side note, I will NOT be driving the car. So, If there are any good or potential drivers without a ride I'd like to meet with them to discuss options for 2013." - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez

JINX's 2013 Plans

"It's been mentioned before, I wasn't sure where I'd end up driving in 2013 if at all. I'd like to confirm that for the 2013 season I WILL be driving the 3rd PSI car, as reserve of course. Since PSI is making the switch to Lycoia, I'd like to request that Lycoia allow JINX Racing the honor of joining the family. If allowed by the TMMC officials of course. PSI made me an offer I couldn't refuse even though the details haven't been completely sorted out yet. I'm glad that I'm officially back in the TMMC." - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez
JINXaPHRENIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:02 am

Lycoia thrilled to accept another team into it's Independent's Trophy Program.

If the officials allow, there may be another Independent's trophy team entering the fray using the Lycoia Brute in 2013, it seems that JINX racing has sought interest from Lycoia to be it's primary chassis.

"We welcome another organization into the fold, it'll be nice to see more teams interested in Lycoia's potential."
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverNeutral on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:13 pm

D&S Confirms Independent's Bid; Thomas Dietrich to Drive
D&S Automotive, Ltd. co-owners and drivers Thomas Dietrich and Michael van der Schmidt have officially confirmed that their new team, in addition to their Dash Cup effort, intends to compete for the Independent's Bid. If accepeted, Dietrich will drive the #89 Equest Omecha.
NeverNeutral
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Rossini: "It would be a pleasure to work with Tutino

Could a plan be worked to fit the Rossini 312S into the Tutino team? Alessandro Rossini certainly believed so, stating in a blog release last night that it would be an "honour" to work with a team of "class and experience". Rossini went on to say that "they are a team right at the top level, but they need something to boost their performances...the 312S Turismo is a perfect car to get there, and I can help the movement too. It would be a pleasure to work with Tutino, it truly would."

The Formula Overdrive driver, who currently resides in 4th place, had previously competed for Jeff Cesnik Racing in a Volpi and for the works Corsa team in the TM Master Cup had previously confirmed his interest to return to the prestigious championship in a previous blog post, complaining of his disappointment that an Italian has failed to compete at the top level since himself and Enzo Medina, back in 2010. With minor success driving for both teams, excluding a 7th in his first Karjala Grand Prix and a 4th in the TM Junior Series, it would be difficult to tell whether Rossini can truly follow his comments of helping the team move forward on pace.

But Rossini, who is backed by Italian oil company Olio Italia and vehicle manufacturer FIAM, is a man with big money, with large sponsorship money and born to a rich family with further funding from his father Romano Rossini, a former podium sitter in Formula A, it would be difficult not to class him as a pay driver. Could this be the reason for Tutino's interest? Tutino have gathered along many drivers through their tenure in the TMMC, many who possess large sponsorship available for Tutino. The team has welcomed such names as Vijay Pushanda and Scott Steudler who, although have shown they have great talent, also brought the team large sponsorship names as Hershey's and Hindustan Petroleum. Controversially the team also entered Cody Keaton, a fellow Formula Overdrive driver, who managed 2 races before having his license revoked in the Round of Queensland.

So, is it money that Tutino are after, or are they making an attempt to move forward? Time will tell as 2013 looms over us.
Milan655
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 am

MT Motorsports files for Independent's Trophy run for 2013

MT Motorsports has filed an entry for the 2013 Independent's Trophy campaign in the TM Master Cup Series. The team will retain its 102.5 The Game sponsorship, and hopes to have two drivers: Kraig Mummert and Brian Morris. The team plans on running a Lycoia chassis.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceej on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 pm

TTE aiming for Independent's Trophy team?

Executives from the questionable engine building company TTE, after gaining exposure in ARLA and Formula Overdrive this season, are hoping to put themselves further in the spotlight by launching a factory-backed Independent's Trophy effort in the TM Master Cup Series.

TTE is reportedly seeking two cars, but only if outside investors can be found. It is not certain who the team's drivers will be yet, but it will presumably be very difficult for the team to find someone willing to drive their cars.
Ceej
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JINX Racing in 2013

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am

After announcing the return of JINX Racing to the TMMC for the Independents Trophy, Jinx also announced he wouldn't be driving his own car being PSI's reserve 3rd driver. JINX Racing confirms the use of the Lycoia chassis for the 2013 TMMC IT with JINX Racing using in house engines and confirm that the JINX School of Racing and Drafting will be the sponsor on the car.

"Although I announced I wouldn't be driving the car next year, I have no idea who will drive for me. I did announce that any prospective drivers would be considered if interested, however I've only received 3 messages from drivers interested. I guess we're not all that popular anymore. My offer still stands for any drivers interested. I will review the "Driver Applications" from every driver to determine who's going to be the best fit for the ride. We have yet to decide on a car number as we wait for the potential TMMC IT rules change on numbers." -Joel "JINX" Rodriguez
JINXaPHRENIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Henton to Lynxe Racing for 2013

It is finally official -- Divina Henton will be joining Lynxe Racing for the 2013 TM Master Cup series season. Henton's move to Lynxe is one that most in the TM Master Cup series paddock had been expecting for some time. Certain details in Henton's contract, though, had not been agreed upon by all parties for some time.

"Lynxe Racing is proud to announce that Divina Henton will be representing us on the racetrack. Her solid, consistent performances are the type that can carry a team to a championship." Lynxe Racing seatholder Laura Fahrenbacher said.

Fahrenbacher referenced Henton's tenure at Trevor Carrington Racing, where Henton was one of the stronger drivers to drive for TCR in 2011.

"Henton also has experience with working with brand new teams with less experienced personnel around her. Considering what Majestic Motorsports has been able to achieve on-track, we are keeping our goals for the 2013 season realistic."

A teammate for Henton will be announced in the near future, but few names have been mentioned as being in the running for the second Lynxe seat.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syzygy on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Yevgeny Kuznetsov to Katzev in 2013

Shortly after the 2012 Round of New York, Yevgeny Kuznetsov was confirmed to the second seat at Katzev alongside Yuliya Nosova in what was considered to be one of the worst-kept secrets in the paddock. Kuznetsov's hiring is speculated to be more financially-based than based on talent, as Kuzzie will be bringing a cadre of sponsorship to the Katzev Engineering team.

Kuznetsov said, "Is finally good to get chance to make proving of self in Master Cup Series TM, I hope to bring victory to Team Boss Ivan Katzev, to Yuliya, to myself, and to Russia! I thank Team Boss Vitaly and RUS Autosport for provide great ride that get me far in career."

Online Wins: 3 (Most Recent: F5 @ New York Street Course 2/10/2017) THE STREAK IS OVER
Online Poles: 4 (Most Recent: F5 @ Gravis City 9/2/2016)
I eat the weeb pizza.
Syzygy
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BurningThund3r?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by vipercar3 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:41 am

Matt Smith 2013 return?

After Being Away from TMMC series for a few years Matt Smith is looking to make his return to the series. Matt Smith who you all know use to to drive the #42 Mello Yello Nova. Since then, Matt Smith has become friends With Jinx Rodriguez. Jinx Convice Matt to go the Jinx School of Racing were He Graduated and since Mellowed. Matt Has been trying to make his come back in ether the TML or TMMC. If approved for Ether series, He'll come with financial backing.
vipercar3
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JINX Racing in 2013

Post by JINXaPHRENIC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:27 am

As the close to the 2012 season rapidly approaches and the deadlines for 2013 around the corner, JINX Racing is making a formal bid to have #85 for the 2013 IT entry.

"I haven't heard anything about the numbers officially being changed for the IT cars in 2013 so I'm not waiting anymore. This would be my official Number application." - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez

(OOC - I also don't see any updates to the 2013 team charts anyone know when that will be updated?)
JINXaPHRENIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm

JINXaPHRENIC wrote:As the close to the 2012 season rapidly approaches and the deadlines for 2013 around the corner, JINX Racing is making a formal bid to have #85 for the 2013 IT entry.

"I haven't heard anything about the numbers officially being changed for the IT cars in 2013 so I'm not waiting anymore. This would be my official Number application." - Joel "JINX" Rodriguez

(OOC - I also don't see any updates to the 2013 team charts anyone know when that will be updated?)

The primary team charts are on TMPedia.
Rykia
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 am

Interdrain Motorsports signed to run for Independents Trophy in 2013

Earlier this morning it has been announced that Interdrain Motorsports will officially compete for the Independents Trophy in the TM Master Cup Series in 2013, with their own driver James Davison behind the wheel. Davison and his team will still compete full-time in the TM Lights at the same time, and they will run the new Omecha MAO4 chassis for their Independents Trophy run as well.
BWard
Legend
Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:08 pm

FPO/Rogue Nearing Deal for TERMINATOR chassis?!

In what looked like pretty much a done deal that had gone awry, FOP and Rogue Motor Corp. may be back on the same page and nearing the agreement stage. Details are sketchy, but the fledgeling FPO group may have spotted something they liked about the Rogue TERMINATOR chassis. Both camps are remaining mum as not to lose bargaining leverage at this point. With the 2012 season winding down, both sides would like to have some kind of stability and security heading into the 2013 season as soon as possible. Could an announcement be forthcoming before the season finale?

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top