Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Silly Season Thread

+52
Hockeyusa81
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Chives2112
TheRealNathNath
zac47ulrich
RealRacer4
F1V1
flyingturns89
vipercar3
Syzygy
Mother of Invention
Kornography
Vincent Giacalone
antknee
Racerfan275
Tigerman
Alpineopossum
Tanrar
GamerAzuzu
Backmarker
Nascar9fan
navycook75
iAMBADDATGAMES
JINXaPHRENIC
Metro 6r4
Rykia
Milan655
Jason Hamilton
racingfreak1999
Dan Mackay
JMac525
bartman97
Ceej
TheRacingExperts
PackerMan71
crl
BWard
day500champ1
conrail1990
Ben Atkins
PYLrulz
RetrogradeRenegade
Blake Camphausen
SnakePlissken
Cardinals5
PKligBKFan
RyanB06
Magus978
f1fan12
pennst24
gwoodard41
Cynon
56 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 Silly Season Thread

Post by Milan655 Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:07 am

Rossini Sport in partnership to attempt 2013 TM Master Cup debut
Alessandro Rossini has confirmed "Rossini Sport are planning to enter the 2013 TM Master Cup championship." Rossini, who ran with Corsa part time during the 2009 championship, claimed he is in the process in signing a major Italian tuning company to aid development of the chassis.

"I can't tell you who as of yet, but that we are in talks with a very professional outfit to help us in the build up to 2013," said the young owner/driver, "however we cannot assure of an entry to the 2013 season, and therefore we also plan for the project to be released commercially in the USA and Italy. We have sent our application, but whether it is accepted or not, who knows."

Rossini Sport, who recently sold 35% of their team to new title sponsor Black Bull Energy yesterday, have also confirmed Rossini will fill their primary seat, should their application be accepted, but will also pair with a young American to attempt the season alongside the Italian. "Alessandro will be driving," 52 year old Romano Rossini claimed, "however it will be an American to partner him. If our seat is accepted, we will be evaluating the options then, but for now our focus is on the chassis and engine development."
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 am

FTR Hopes to Keep Savin for 2013, Bidding for a Full Time Ride

So far, in two Independent's Trophy races this season, Danny Savin has placed the Full Throttle Racing number 81 in the top ten in both events. And after those two performances, it was no surprise that team owner Mide Rider said he would love to retain Savin for 2013, "Myself along with the whole team are very impressed with Savin thus far, and I would love to keep him. However, if he finds a better opportunity, we won't deny him of it."

Rider also stated, if they finish their IT campaign well enough, he would love to attempt to get a full-time slot, "Every team owner dreams of having a team in the Cup series, and I would love to have a full-time spot next year if possible."

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 am

Lautenschlager Looking for 2012 Ride; Has Full Sponsorship.

Tyson Lautenschlager is looking to move up full time to the TM Master Cup Series bringing primary sponsorship from popular coffee store chain, Tim Horton's and an associate sponsorship from a radio station near his home town, 105.3 KOOL FM. This is all we know at the time.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Metro 6r4 Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Ex Michael Sykes team mate looking for a 2013 ride?

Ben Hurran, Michael Sykes's team mate in the BTCC from 1990-1993, is rumored to be looking into a switch from rallying to the TM Master Cup. Ben competed in the BTCC winning the championship 1997 and would also take the 2001 British Thundercars title, he then ran in rallying championships but he is now looking to move on. "I have been looking to move away from rallying now as the new rules for 2013 look like they will ruin the excitement that the cars give" said Hurran recently,"I have seen how well Sykes has done in the TM Master Cup and it has enticed me closer to this series.""I am not particularly fussed what car or team I drive for, I would just like a chance to see what the cars are like and to see how well I can do in this series, a competitive car would be nice but we don't know how any one is going to perform yet"." I would welcome any offers and it would be greatly appreciated, I will also try and get a drive together for Indy and see how it goes from there".
Metro 6r4
Metro 6r4
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Empty The Prodigal Requests Return

Post by JINXaPHRENIC Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 pm

"As I'm sure some have heard from the ARLA press conference, I'm finally back to full time racing and medically cleared. I've already requested entry into ARLA and am requesting to TMMC officials about entry as well. If my entries are denied, then of course I'll be looking for a ride. I do prefer to go full time. I'm heavily funded and sponsored. More news to follow about details of that aspect. I know I don't necessarily have a great history in these series, but, I have matured. I've gotten better. I'm here to stay. If anyone is interested in signing me, you know how to find me. If you don't, look for TD or Snake. Looking forward to being on the track again. See you all out there."

-Joel "Jinx" Rodriguez - Owner of JINX School of Racing and Drafting & JINX Racing
JINXaPHRENIC
JINXaPHRENIC
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 pm

PSI Could Use an Infusion of Sponsorship Money

With Kleffer Media more than likely leaving at season's end because of the Anthony Griffith saga, PSI may be looking for a driver with attachments to some deep pockets. "Right now, our main goal is to just get Leonid Roderick interested. Period. Hopefully, we'll have a much clearer picture of what Roderick's mind set will be after his scheduled Indy visit with us," stated PSI owner William Power.
"Of course, we'll have to make other arrangements if Leonid chooses to go elsewhere. We're reviewing our options, but objective number one is to secure the services of the incomparable Leonid Roderick. It's our biggest priority."
When pressed about who's on his short list, Power balked at naming names. "Right now, we have Anthony Griffith on our team and that's where my focus is. He's made some remarkable strides lately. I've been really pleased with his performance both on and off the track lately. He's matured a great deal and if not for some shoddy pit work, he may have had a podium. Maybe the bridge has been burned with him and maybe it hasn't. Joel Rodriguez reemerging from the abyss has tongues wagging all over the paddock too. That Gordon Sting kid seems to win no matter what kind of series he's in. Couple that with Brown Hornet Music's backing and it makes an attractive package deal," confessed Power. "Oops. Looks like I did name some names after all. But those names mentioned are just some of the available, not necessarily who we are looking at," chuckled Power. "On a serious note, Scott Steudler needs some serious consideration as well, no matter what Kurt says. But I think we're small potatoes compared to what he's used to."

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Launch Energy Confirms 2013 Grid Position with Davenport Driving

Before the Round of Ohio, Launch Energy confirmed that they had sealed their own grid position with Chris Davenport as the driver. No chassis or car numbers were confirmed for the new Launch Motorsports entry, but reports are that they could continue the Inglesby Sonicboom project and could comprise largely of FLASH Racing crew members. It is not known if Launch will acquire the intellectual property to a chassis that is currently running or if they will make their own.

Davenport, 26, will run for Rookie of the Year in 2013 and is the only confirmed rookie for next season. Despite having made a handful of TM Master Cup series starts, Davenport has never made enough of them in a season to invalidate his rookie status.

Andrews Expects Less Than 30 Cars in 2013, But Increased Opportunities for Independents

TM Master Cup Series pundit Lance Andrews stated during practice for the Round of Ohio that he would be "surprised" if the full-time grid consisted of 30 cars for the 2013 season. "I can imagine there being only 12 teams in the series running full-time." Despite such bleak predictions, Andrews did say that he felt the opportunity for a credible Independent's Trophy campaign was there.

"The Independent's Trophy opportunities will increase quite substantially. There could be as many as 8 or 9 Independent's Trophy cars in each race! That's one hell of an opportunity for guys like Bolden or Wernstrom to test their machinery out and get their name out. Considering that the number of races an Independent can run next season might go up to 6 or 7, I'd imagine that could really make the Independent's Trophy attractive next season."

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iAMBADDATGAMES Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Vietnamese driver Huang Nguyen, who currently complete in the Gessler Supercup where he is currently 3rd in points, announced that he would like to complete in the Master Cup. Huang has also participated in two Indy 500 with a best finish of 13th in his last try in 2011, Huang later that year would win the Gessler Asia Cup in dominating fashion winning all but one race. Huang also has sponsorship from the number one beer in Laos, Beerlao and secondary sponsorship from popular Vietnamese sandwich chain in the southwest reigon on the United States, Lee's Sandwiches.

iAMBADDATGAMES

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Steudler open to a PSI ride if offered

Despite some early season critizism of an incident that seemed to land Scott Steudler on some "lists" of Kurt Plissken's and PSI fans, when asked about the one rumor of Steudler being on the short list for a ride at PSI, Steudler was open to the idea.

"Yes, we have had some disagreements here and there, but Kurt (Plissken) is a hell of a competitor, and I do have some respect for him as such. If PSI were to offer me a ride for next season, I would strongly consider it. PSI is a good operation, and I wouldn't object to going there if the oppoturnity presents itself."

There has also been a report of an offer already being given to Steudler from another team, though it is unknown at this moment who that team is, but Steudler would only say that he is still exploring his options for 2013.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Carcia-Aragon Confirms Attempt for the Independent's Trophy

Spokesmen for Carcia-Aragon Motorsports have confirmed that they will be looking for a spot in the Independent's trophy with the same #720 Ironic Debt Reductors, Inc. car that attempted the Karjala Grand Prix and is looking to attempt the Decatur finale this season.
"We are waiting until the schedules for ARLA and TMMC for 2013 come out to decide whether we want Nikos Kastapolous (their only full time driver in ARLA currently) or Gavin DeGray (currently a rookie in the PCC Cup Series with decent success, also attempting for a part time ARLA ride next year) to run the car. Right now those appear to be the only viable options for us unless our other PCC drivers can step it up. Nevertheless, with the increased opportunity for the Independent's trophy, we want to find ourselves in the TM Master Cup in 2013."
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 pm

TheRacingExperts wrote:Carcia-Aragon Confirms Attempt for the Independent's Trophy

Spokesmen for Carcia-Aragon Motorsports have confirmed that they will be looking for a spot in the Independent's trophy with the same #720 Ironic Debt Reductors, Inc. car that attempted the Karjala Grand Prix and is looking to attempt the Decatur finale this season.
"We are waiting until the schedules for ARLA and TMMC for 2013 come out to decide whether we want Nikos Kastapolous (their only full time driver in ARLA currently) or Gavin DeGray (currently a rookie in the PCC Cup Series with decent success, also attempting for a part time ARLA ride next year) to run the car. Right now those appear to be the only viable options for us unless our other PCC drivers can step it up. Nevertheless, with the increased opportunity for the Independent's trophy, we want to find ourselves in the TM Master Cup in 2013."

PCC Cup isn't canon... but I digress Fixed!
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 am

Leonard Could Move to Team Ownership?

Scattered reports indicate that Marcos Leonard could bring Fluffy Penguin Onionburger to the TM Master Cup Series. Whether Leonard would continue driving or not has been hotly debated, as he has successfully coached Sealandic driver Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr. over the past few seasons. Leonard himself has not had much success in the 2012 TM Master Cup series campaign.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Leckliter return for next year pretty much confirmed
After having more of a better TMMC season than what he had in the past, Daniel Leckliter's Independent's Trophy campaign will make a return in 2013. He's not interested in a full time slot this year, as he has ARLA commitments, and because of that, Leckliter is also not doing any overseas races, including Karjala. The Lycoia Brute is going to return to the team as well next year. Sponsors are TBA, but there's rumors that it's either YNC Worldwide, his ARLA sponsor, Scrubbles Cleaning products, or the NHL team the Buffalo Sabres.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 am

Adams is open to any ride offered

Troy Adams stated: 'Whether I drive for BKR Australia again, or get a full-time ride, I don't care. If I'm starting some races I'll be happy."
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Leonard Reforms FPO in TM Master Cup Series

Current Xenos Racing driver Marcos Leonard announced that Fluffy Penguin Onionburger (commonly called FPO) Motorsports has lodged an entry for the 2013 TM Master Cup series season. Leonard did not name any drivers or chassis for his Master Cup effort, but some speculation has him possibly stepping out of the cockpit in favor of Sealandic ARLA driver Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr.

"Frog, while in earnest wariness, never homebrews petabytes of setosa monkeys. Hubris such as that can unfairly replicate the mission of the plastic vineyards." Leonard said to the press. He elaborated that he still intended to take FPO to the TM Master Cup Series, even if it was an Independent's Trophy outfit.

"Experience beer is not a efficient label of predicting descriptions for labelling alcoholic solids. We have done what trees decide based on stunted regression of advancements in the cows."

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Gerald Lamb to take a backseat at TIM, James Lanson to become full team owner in 2013. Plus, factory team status to move elsewhere?

After the controversy over the pullout and subsequent re-entry of the Round of New York, it was announced that Gerald Lamb would retire from the top spot of the team to take a more backseat role. James Lanson, the grandson of the late Eugene Lanson, will take over the top spot come the 2013 season.

It was also rumored that the Interceptor, which is the Research and Development chassis driven by Terra International, would be redesigned and possibly head to another team... Greg Woodard would most likely be moved to the team that Interceptor goes to. The team with the Interceptor would receive factory team status plus all the other benefits.

Currently, there are several teams interested in acquiring the Interceptor for use in 2013. The list of the teams has not been finalized or permitted for release until later in the year. Terra International Motorsports would most likely remain on the Independent's Trophy team list if the Interceptor and Woodard are moved to another full time team. Rumors are that Nick Dawson, Sarah Xaiver, or Sakura Motoko are on the team's driver list for 2013. Depending on what happens, the results will be known before the Round of Brazil or NY.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:35 pm

Cynon wrote:"Frog, while in earnest wariness, never homebrews petabytes of setosa monkeys. Hubris such as that can unfairly replicate the mission of the plastic vineyards. Experience beer is not a efficient label of predicting descriptions for labelling alcoholic solids. We have done what trees decide based on stunted regression of advancements in the cows."

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBQwkL2UPRc_r3lpRX8OxXxOy0LCgkq3s_lDhTiM-fn8JqXZjI

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGBn1gS5Gfnr4uRp4LvImju0LtL_L4MY2yvO5TL_JYt3V2SbHOvA

2013 Silly Season Thread - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMDmnAX4U2LjRdmdiK62lXbFft16zm2mL64_qeGWK1-N8Uvhrnow

Laughing
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 am

Rossini Sport lodges for Independence Trophy spot
The Italian owned Formula Overdrive team, Rossini Sport, have thrown a bid toward TM Master Cup officials for an Independence Trophy spot on the grid in 2013. Romano Rossini, who formerly made the attempt for a full time grid spot, has stated that "[Rossini Sport] will be applying for the Independence Trophy. We have an engine supplier lined up, and we have a chassis developed. Alessandro [Rossini] is prepared for a return in the TM Master Cup. Everyone is ready."

It is believed Rossini Sport will be supplied Motori Lombardia, who will be supplying their engines in the 2013 Formula Overdrive championship. Romano Rossini also stated that the team will be running under the title 'FIAM', who develop their chassis, should they be granted a position into the 2012 TM Master Cup series.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 pm

The Avenger Back at Nemoto, Teammate Undecided

The Avenger will be back at Star Team Nemoto, according to a report made by Lance Andrews during qualifying for the Round of Wisconsin. Star Team Nemoto opted to take up the option on Kingston, which will see him back behind the wheel of the #17 Nemoto.

Kingston's regular teammate, Tom Delgado, has had a dramatic season, and it isn't known if the moody but quick New Yorker will return to Star Team Nemoto or retire from full-time driving. Star Nemoto Racing owner Takumi Katashima called Delgado a "friend and strong business partner" during practice for the Round of Wisconsin.

However, there are reports that Yamino Tenchi, Chris Johaanes, Zelda Ashby, Mika Paasonen, Greg Woodard, and Melanie Clevenot have either been contacted about the second Nemoto seat or are on the short list for it, should Delgado retire.

Katashima did not comment to rumors that Delgado could start a satellite team with himself and Scott Steudler as the drivers.

Assuming Kingston doesn't win the 2012 Driver's Championship or Yamino Tenchi or Zelda Ashby sign for Star Nemoto Racing, the second car will carry #18.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Graphite Max a potential sponsor in 2013?

It seems that Terra International Motorsports and Graphite Max are closing at a possible sponsorship deal for 2013. The team told reporters that they would be excited to have such a vibrant company aboard their entry or entries come 2013. It is unknown who would sponsor the soft drink brand, but rumors are that Woodard or another driver may drive the car if the deal can be closed.

However, there are rumors that the sponsor may stick with one driver if they happen to leave the team. But that's unconfirmed at the moment.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:11 pm

BREAKING NEWS - Tom Delgado to Retire From Full-Time Competition After 2012

In a decision that has been eating at him for weeks, Tom Delgado finally made the announcement that he had been dreading. Delgado has decided to retire from full-time competition at the end of the 2012 season. He formally announced his intentions at a hastily-arranged press conference after practice for the Round of Wisconsin had ended. With his fiancee Ashley Tucker at his side, Tom Delgado made the announcement that had been held off for as long as possible.

"I've been pulled both ways over the past few weeks, with my friends and family towing both sides of the fence. However, over the past few days, I've had the opportunity to think about my career and my life. I discussed this with Ashley (Tucker), and we both think it's for the best that I start to slow down and retire from full time competition" Delgado said with tears quickly welling up in his eyes.

"It's been one crazy trip this season, a lot of stuff has happened as far as my health and my performance. Star Team Nemoto deserves better than I could give them at this point, and I do not want to stand in Katashima-san's way of hiring someone who can do better than me. Speaking of Katashima-san, he's the first person I want to thank for giving me a chance to save my career in 2010, and for keeping the faith in me whenever I've been such a colossal asshole. Any other team owner would have gotten rid of me and probably sued to get their money back. I also want to thank all the teammates I've ever had, and all the people I've ever worked for in my career. I know I burned a lot of bridges in my career, and I sincerely hope that there are no hard feelings, and if there still are, all I can keep saying is that I'm sorry. Finally, to all the fans out there, I'm sorry I could never meet your expectations, but I hope I've entertained you in some way during my career. Thank you for putting up with me for the past few years, and it's been my pleasure to try and put on a good show" Delgado said, pausing almost every minute to wipe tears away from his eyes.

When asked about a potential 2013 Independent's Trophy campaign, Delgado refused to comment. "Today's not the day for that" is all Delgado would say before walking away from the podium with his fiancee. Delgado, 38, leaves full-time Master Cup competition with two wins, both coming in 2011. He retires as one of the few to win in both the TM Master Cup Series & the ARLA Elite Series.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Backmarker Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Thomas Deitrich to Run for Independent's Trophy?
D&S Automotive, which will field two Dash Cup cars in its inaugural season, has revealed that they have submitted a request for co-owner Thomas Deitrich to compete for the Independent's Trophy in 2013. It is not currently known if sponsor Equest Financial will sponsor this car as well.

(OOC: Too lazy to write something better)
Backmarker
Backmarker
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Roderick Denies He's Chosen His 2013 Home

It's been a busy few weeks for Leonid Roderick. He's visited the shops of Volpi Racing Team, Power Steering Incorporated, and has also heard an offer from Launch Racing for the 2013 season. However, the 4-time champion denied that he's chosen where he wants to drive next season.

"I'm going to race in the environment that would be best for me." Roderick said.
"I'm not going to just ride out the rest of my career like some people might... I think I can win that 5th and 6th championship in the right environment, you know?"

Roderick, 35, did not respond to comments about him potentially retiring when he reaches age 40.

"Ask me when I'm 40. Frankly, I don't know, it depends on if I'm still at the top of my game then... but being recognized as the oldest ever Driver's Champion doesn't sound like a bad deal, does it?"

Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr. to FPO for 2013 in car #99

Fluffy Penguin Onionburger, Incorporated confirmed before the Round of Indianapolis that ARLA standout Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr. will drive one of its two cars. Quiggles, Jr. will drive car #99, and is already the first Sealander to drive a TM Master Cup car when he unsuccessfully attempted Decatur a few years ago.

Quiggles, Jr. and FPO, Inc. owner Marcos Leonard are both avid hockey fans. Quiggles, Jr.'s number choice is believed to originate from the number of hockey legend Wayne Gretsky.

Aperture Science to Sponsor Volpi in 2013

While the economy has been tough on many companies, applied science conglomorate Aperture Science, in conjunction with Volpi Racing Team, announced that it will be sponsoring all three VRT cars in the TM Master Cup series. Aperture Science indicated that it will make the Volpi cars distinguishable from each other and that the team cars will not have identical liveries, as some other teams have done.

Lyons Back in TM Master Cup Series?

Reports are that Paul Lyons, who has driven the recalcitrant Team Burr cars in the ARLA Elite Series in 2012, could be back in the TM Master Cup series.

Independent's Trophy Cars to Carry Distinctive Numbers?

A rumor sweeping throughout the paddock is that Independent's Trophy cars will be given special numbers in order to help with fan identification. The most talked about possibilities are that the Independent's Trophy cars could carry numbers 800-899, or that they could even be assigned numbers by the TM Master Cup series officials.

Officials did confirm that there would be at least six Independent's Trophy cars on the grid instead of just four. The number of races for an Independent's Trophy car is expected to stay at four, but teams will be informed in time for the 2013 season.

Independent's Trophy Cars to Get Midseason Exhibition Race?

Reports are brewing that the TM Master Cup Series may hold a race for Independent's Trophy cars only. It would likely be a non-championship event that takes place as a support race for the TM Master Cup series race, possibly at a venue where pit space is limited.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Cynon wrote:

Aperture Science to Sponsor Volpi in 2013

While the economy has been tough on many companies, applied science conglomorate Aperture Science, in conjunction with Volpi Racing Team, announced that it will be sponsoring all three VRT cars in the TM Master Cup series. Aperture Science indicated that it will make the Volpi cars distinguishable from each other and that the team cars will not have identical liveries, as some other teams have done.

navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Cynon wrote:Aperture Science to Sponsor Volpi in 2013

Let's just hope they don't have GlaDoS as their operating system on the computers for setting up the cars.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 pm

gwoodard41 wrote:
Let's just hope they don't have GlaDoS as their operating system on the computers for setting up the cars.

I'd rather her than Wheatley, imagine if he was their OS?
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:41 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

He would make mistakes, but GlaDoS would try to set up the car to kill it's driver or to create massive amounts of neurotoxins to come out of the exhaust system.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 am

gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

He would make mistakes, but GlaDoS would try to set up the car to kill it's driver or to create massive amounts of neurotoxins to come out of the exhaust system.

And you couldn't drive anywhere other than on a test track... Laughing
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:36 am

RyanB06 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

*in GlaDoS voice* Great job. Maybe if you get a little better, you'll pass the Tutinos.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm

RandomClassic wrote:
RyanB06 wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

*in GlaDoS voice* Great job. Maybe if you get a little better, you'll pass the Tutinos.

This is win. Laughing
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 pm

GamerAzuzu wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

if it was Wheatley it would be like this.

"they told me, if we won a race, I would die."
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

RTR GOING FULL TIME?

Unconfirmed reports have RTR Automotive Engineering going full time in 2013 with Cameron Taylor and an unnamed teammate. This may involve partnering with an existing team.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Andrews: Tenchi Key to Silly Season

Former TM Master Cup Series driver Lance Andrews reckons that Japanese driver Yamino Tenchi is the key to the silly season. Tenchi, who has several influential backers, has not yet signed for a team for the 2013 TM Master Cup series campaign.

"Tenchi brings some money and is certainly got a lot of talent on the side." Andrews said.
"Wherever she goes will determine who gets whatever seats are left over."

Tenchi is reportedly part of the reason the silly season has stalled a bit, as three teams, including former employer Star Nemoto Racing, are waiting for Tenchi to respond.

The Japanese driver's eventual destination could determine if some TM Master Cup series hopefuls, such as Ben Atkins, Jacob Eichholtz, and Troy Adams get their shot as a full-time driver. Andrews said, however, that others may be in even more dire straits.

"The guys that are really going to hate Tenchi are the ones that are looking for jobs. Scott Steudler, Zach Duff, Jose Luis Martinez, and Chris Johaanes, for example, have everything a team needs, talent and experience. When they don't have a drive locked up, they will start to be feeling the pressure and having to drive over their heads to impress a team or sponsor for next year. Once Tenchi lands a drive, I think those guys might actually get some of their phone calls returned."

Tenchi's current teammate, Zelda Ashby, once thought to be a kingpin of the Silly Season, is reportedly on her way to FPO to partner Sealander Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm

Durbin Looking for Part Time Master Cup Drive?

Ike Durbin currently sits second in the TM Lights points, and already has signed another one year deal with Great Lakes Motorsports to drive for the team in 2013. However, as Durbin states, the more seat time the better, and that's why, he says, he's looking for a part time drive in the TM Master Cup Series.

Durbin said, "I'm glad that I have a contract with GLM in the Lights Series next year. I don't really think I'm ready for a full time Master Cup ride, and that's why I want to get as much experience as I can. In an ideal situation, I would love to have a part time drive [in Master Cup] next season, and you know, I don't really care what caliber team it is, even if it's the slowest team out there, I just want some more experience before I even attempt to go for a full Master Cup drive."

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:53 am

Woodard to tour PSI during Round of Indianapolis, is this a sneak preview for 2013?

With Woodard being considered for a ride at a couple of teams, one potential team offer sticks out from most others. PSI team owner William Power stated in an press release earlier in the year that he [Woodard] was one of several drivers considered for a ride. Woodard, who drives the #41 Nikon Lycoia Interceptor, tweeted earlier about him going to PSI sometime during the Round of Indianapolis. However, the reasoning was to get fitted into the 08 Tonare Surge for his entry for the Round of Victoria. As of now, there is no official word one way or the other by anyone involved with either party.

Last edited by gwoodard41 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

RMC/FPO Forthcoming Deal Derailed?

Rogue Motor Corporation and Fluffy Penguin Onionburger may be getting closer to finalizing an agreement for chassis support for 2013. However, the deal may have hit a snag. FPO recently announced that Ebenezer Quiggles, Jr. is headed to FPO for 2013 in car #99. RMC was hoping to add their development driver Reese Biehn into the mix. No one from either RMC or FPO returned calls for an interview on the subject.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:24 pm

So you don't need to be "approved" to join this series? I'm just wondering.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Tigerman wrote:So you don't need to be "approved" to join this series? I'm just wondering.
No, you need to, even then it's best to have a driver in the lower leagues work their way up first, just saying unless you can find an empty seat

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Leonard Will Be FPO's Third Driver, No Room for Biehn?

Upon rumors that Rogue Motors are attempting to force Reese Biehn into FPO, a representative confirmed that team owner Marcos Leonard has already finalized the driver lineup. Leonard will stay in the team as their third driver, and has no interest in taking Reese Biehn as a driver.

"Smelly leaves do not pull us." Leonard was quoted as saying.
"Reese Biehn may reveal extraordinary hammock turkeys, but remember that the yellow acorns are not flammable when refrigerated."

Leonard's handling of the Rogue Motors situation indicates that he has other offers on the table, one of which could be the Alessandro Rossini designed car that was not able to get approved in time for Indianapolis.

Leonard was also very tight-lipped about who the other driver for FPO would be, but admitted that he would not be the team's second full-time driver.

"Unveiling that obvious treat would print your clock, which is not healthy if you are sharpening wheat or any other electronic absorption device." he smiled slyly.

Since her name has not been mentioned on the driver market for some time, Zelda Ashby is the most likely candidate to drive for FPO. Given Leonard's knack for attracting unusual sponsors, it is possible that he intends to seek multiple Promoter's Options to get his car onto the grid for as many races as he can -- giving his new team three cars in one race. The new Promoter's Option rule will allow such an event to take place.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:52 am

Leckliter to honor the late Scott Morales on his car next year

As a tribute to his fallen friend Scott Morales, Daniel Leckliter is looking to put Morales' old Sprint Car number on his car next year. Scott won 23 feature races and a championship in his number 46 machine.

(OOC: I'm trying to have myself be inconsistent with numbers that I have used in the TMMC)
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Evans Motorsports Exploring Return to TMMC

Success in ARLA and RROL has prompted Evans Motorsports to begin exploration of a possible return to the TM Master Cup. There is no word yet regarding whether it would a full-time team(s), part time, or Independent entry. Sponsorship is said to be secured.
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Carla Rosinski looking for an Independent's Trophy ride?

After a successful season in just about everything, being a title contender in Dash Cup, finishing 2nd on her ARLA debut and making the round of Indianapolis, 20 year old Carla Rosinski is looking for an Independent's Trophy ride, maybe in the 56 that her partner Ben Atkins drove in 2012 in his Independent's Trophy for Atlantic Motorsports?

"I'd love to race more in Master Cup. I had a ball at Indianapolis!" said Rosinski; "and I've been so good in everything I've done, and my confidence levels have raised so much since the start of the year."

Rosinski, currently 2nd in Dash Cup points with one race remaining, says she's ready to step up to higher competitions, even though she is staying in Dash Cup for 2013 with MRD Motorsports, but she says if she gets an Independent's Trophy ride, that will be her main focus.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Lynxe Buys Majestic Motorsports

The fate of Majestic Motorsports has finally been sealed. The French-owned fashion company Lynxe indicated that it will buy Majestic Motorsports for its own Lynxe Racing initiative. Lynxe confirmed that it will continue it's support for the efforts of women in motorsports, indicating that they have signed one woman to drive for them next season in the TM Master Cup series.

Lynxe Racing owner Juliette Lauvais indicated that it was unlikely that either Ryan Matthews or Mika Paasonen would stay with the team in 2013. However, Lauvais said that she would be open to keeping both men on board as reserve drivers, or in assisting them in finding a full race seat at another team.

Lynxe's official TM Lights team, the Lynxe Women's Team, is reportedly interested in signing Ryan Matthews's wife, Tiffany, for the 2013 season. They have also expressed interest in giving Tiffany Matthews a test in the Lynxe car.

With Lynxe buying out Majestic Motorsports, they have effectively secured their place on the grid, with car numbers 11 and 12. While they are believed to have the Gasnier Spahi at their disposal, it is doubtful that they will use it due to Gasnier debating whether they will stay in the TM Master Cup series for the 2013 season.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Cynon wrote:Lynxe Buys Majestic Motorsports

The fate of Majestic Motorsports has finally been sealed. The French-owned fashion company Lynxe indicated that it will buy Majestic Motorsports for its own Lynxe Racing initiative. Lynxe confirmed that it will continue it's support for the efforts of women in motorsports, indicating that they have signed one woman to drive for them next season in the TM Master Cup series.

Lynxe Racing owner Juliette Lauvais indicated that it was unlikely that either Ryan Matthews or Mika Paasonen would stay with the team in 2013. However, Lauvais said that she would be open to keeping both men on board as reserve drivers, or in assisting them in finding a full race seat at another team.

Lynxe's official TM Lights team, the Lynxe Women's Team, is reportedly interested in signing Ryan Matthews's wife, Tiffany, for the 2013 season. They have also expressed interest in giving Tiffany Matthews a test in the Lynxe car.

With Lynxe buying out Majestic Motorsports, they have effectively secured their place on the grid, with car numbers 11 and 12. While they are believed to have the Gasnier Spahi at their disposal, it is doubtful that they will use it due to Gasnier debating whether they will stay in the TM Master Cup series for the 2013 season.

>yfw Nosova
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 am

Paasonen is yet to offer a comment but it is believed that he is trying to get sponsorship for a full time drive in 2013
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Dangerous Dog Racing Filing for an Independents Trophy Run

Dangerous Dog Racing team owner, Jeff Lautenschlager is filing to earn his team an Independents Trophy slot for the 2013 season with ARLA Elite Series driver Kalvin Oreiller for a few races and Jeff's son, Tyson for a races in Canada.

"We've been running in ARLA for a little while now and Kalvin was in his rookie season this year in the Elite Series and has done a truly fantastic job. I believe he's currently sitting 11th in the points. Tyson on the other hand is planning a part-time season in the Dash Cup Series next year in Europe but he said he'd like to run a few TMMC races."

Not much is known at this time. Lautenschlager says he has sponsorship and would prefer to run the Omecha MA04 for next season if they get the clear to compete for the independents trophy in the 2013 season.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Interdrain Motorsports is filing for Independents Trophy Run in 2013

Chad Richards, the team owner of Interdrain Motorsports is currently filing to get his TM Lights team a slot in the Independents Trophy for the 2013 TM Master Cup Season. Their TM Lights driver James Davison may be confirmed as their driver if the team finds a spot in.

"This may only be the team's first year in any sort of Major Racing Series, said Richards,"but Davison has proved that he is a good racer on the track, having already won a race this season in the TM Lights, and he's also said he'd like to compete for the Indy Trophy if our team and him get a place."

At this time right now, Davison also says that he'd like to bring his sponsorship from his Car in his team if they get given the all-clear to compete for the Independents Trophy in 2013, and that they will almost certainly run the Omecha MAO4 in the process.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 am

Team CTR Filing for 2013 Independent's Trophy Run

Team CTR is filing the paperwork to compete for the Independent's Trophy during the 2013 season. "With MRD out and the grid expanding to 6 cars per race, we think it's a great time to run," team owner Tom Bennett said in a press release.

"While we might be the 'new guys', so to speak, we've shown that we can be very competitive right out of the gate. We've done well in the ASCC, CRL and Dash Cup, so we feel like we've got a chance to really make a mark here."

No word was given on who the driver would be, but the smart money would be on ASCC driver Joe Olenick, who not only brings sponsorship money, but is an invested partner in the team. There are rumors that Dassault Systemes may come on board for the 2013 season.
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:50 pm

S-Tech To consider Future Independents Trophy Campaign?!

While S-Tech has been dealing with preparations for the remaining races on the ARLA schedule, a less spoken rumor is that the team may attempt a independents trophy slot next season.

Not much is known about the rumor, aside that Quan Xing would most likely be their Independents driver, and that they plan on using their Inferno chassis, one that has yet to turn a lap in competition.
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:11 pm

Where are the Italians?

Where are the Italians? The Southern Europeans seem to have been lost from the TM Master Cup ever since the disappearance of STS subsidiary, Squadra Corsa. Back in 2010, the Italian outfit enlisted 4 drivers to compete in the TM Master Cup Series, two of which were exciting Italian drivers-Alessandro Rossini and Enzo Medina.

Medina, who had proven he had an abundance of skill through spending time at Arrowtech, would later suffer cardiac arrest. Rossini was left as the sole full-time Italian. He had previously competed in the TM Master Cup series in 2009, where he secured a 9th place in his first start in the Karjala Grand Prix. Rossini, however, were left absent from the 2011 season after a lack lustre season, despite placing a high 4th in the TM Junior Series. He left for Italy, where he secured a title in the Italian Formula C, before making his return to the US driving for family owned team, Rossini Sport, in the Formula Overdrive championship where he has taken 3 podiums and holds a 4th place overall.

After questioned at a fans Q&A session in Italy, Rossini was asked "where have the Italians gone from the TM Master Cup?", he paused for thought, rolling it through his mind, before answering "I don't know." Hours later, a post was made on the Rossini's page at the RSport website, claiming he was searching for a seat for 2013. The post read that after "much consideration," Rossini had "dropped plans to compete in the TM Master Cup under Rossini Sport" and was "searching for a ride somewhere else". Rossini had previously planned to run under Rossini Sport, driving the teams newly designed Rossini 312S Turismo, however plans to run the chassis were quickly cancelled in plans to move the chassis on to another team, after interest was seen high in the car. Rossini went on to further state that "the sport needs an Italian driver, I am looking to be that Italian driver. Me and Enzo (Medina) built a huge TM Master Cup fan base back home in Italy, and it would go in vain if they were not to have a driver for them to back. I drive anywhere, for anyone, as long as the fans get their Italian driver."

The TM Master Cup has previously seen a large list of Italians compete in larger one-off events in the past two years, such as the Karjala Grand Prix and Round of Indianapolis.
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next