[ 2 ]
14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
8% 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

What will become of AJ Almendinger

Post by Alpineopossum on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 pm

So now AJ Almendinger is gone. Who will fill the 22 car? It appears that Hornish is essentially a lock for the rest of the season
2013?
It depends on how Sam does. But... Matt Kenseth is, in my mind, the leading candidate. Joe Gibbs Racing doesn't seem to have the sponsorship to start a forth team. And they've already said they intend to resign Logano. So Kenseth's choices appear to include Team Penske, the new Andretti team, or maybe a third EGR car, but the last one is a longshot. If Gibbs can come up with the cash, maybe Kenseth will go there. So the 2013 teams look like this

EGR: McMurry, JPM
PENSKE: Keselowski, Kenseth
HENDRICK: Kahne, Gordon, Johnson, Dale Jr
ROUSH: Biffle, Stenhouse, Edwards
RPM: Ambrose, Almirola
BALDWIN: Danica, Blaney
JGR: Hamlin, Busch, Logano
MWR: Bowyer, Truex, rotation
SHR: Stewart, Newman
RCR: Menard, Harvick, Burton
FRONT ROW: Ragan, Gilliland
BK: Cassil, Reutimann
PHOENIX: Busch
FURNITURE ROW: ???
ANDRETTI: ???

supposedly Reagan Smith is being sacked from Furniture Row at years end

So what's next for AJ?
He's gone from NASCAR & Grand Am
ALMS and Indycar are his two main options. ARCA isn't. They are under France family influence. I doubt any Indycar team owner would let him in. I would say theres a 50% chance we will never hear from Allmendrugger again.

What are your thoughts on these two questions?
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What will become of AJ Almendinger

Post by navycook75 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:48 pm

navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverNeutral on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Allmendinger isn't even officially out of the car yet. NASCAR is awaiting the test results of the B sample, he might not even miss another race.
NeverNeutral
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Ambrose could get it. RPM might be going to Dodge, and with Penske going to Ford, and Ambrose's ties with Ford Racing, we could see Ambrose in the #22.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:57 pm

Alpineopossum wrote:So now AJ Almendinger is gone. Who will fill the 22 car? It appears that Hornish is essentially a lock for the rest of the season
2013?
It depends on how Sam does. But... Matt Kenseth is, in my mind, the leading candidate. Joe Gibbs Racing doesn't seem to have the sponsorship to start a forth team. And they've already said they intend to resign Logano. So Kenseth's choices appear to include Team Penske, the new Andretti team, or maybe a third EGR car, but the last one is a longshot. If Gibbs can come up with the cash, maybe Kenseth will go there. So the 2013 teams look like this

EGR: McMurry, JPM
PENSKE: Keselowski, Kenseth
HENDRICK: Kahne, Gordon, Johnson, Dale Jr
ROUSH: Biffle, Stenhouse, Edwards
RPM: Ambrose, Almirola
BALDWIN: Danica, Blaney
JGR: Hamlin, Busch, Logano
MWR: Bowyer, Truex, rotation
SHR: Stewart, Newman
RCR: Menard, Harvick, Burton
FRONT ROW: Ragan, Gilliland
BK: Cassil, Reutimann
PHOENIX: Busch
FURNITURE ROW: ???
ANDRETTI: ???

supposedly Reagan Smith is being sacked from Furniture Row at years end

So what's next for AJ?
He's gone from NASCAR & Grand Am
ALMS and Indycar are his two main options. ARCA isn't. They are under France family influence. I doubt any Indycar team owner would let him in. I would say theres a 50% chance we will never hear from Allmendrugger again.

What are your thoughts on these two questions?

There's so much wrong with that entire post. No
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Those options make it seem like you're asking who AJ Almendinger will become...
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

IF the suspension holds up then it will most likely be for the rest of the season during which he will undoubtedly go to rehab. Following completion of rehab he will be back in the car in 2013.

Kenseth is headed to Gibbs.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 pm

antknee wrote:IF the suspension holds up then it will most likely be for the rest of the season during which he will undoubtedly go to rehab. Following completion of rehab he will be back in the car in 2013.

If is is back by 2013 then Andretti's new team may be his new home. Or Furniture Row if they dump Reagan Smith.
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 pm

antknee wrote:IF the suspension holds up then it will most likely be for the rest of the season during which he will undoubtedly go to rehab. Following completion of rehab he will be back in the car in 2013.

As much as you may be right, I really hope this isn't the case
Cardinals5
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Okay, so Kenseth has said he has signed a contract already. He said that last week. Roush referred to Kenseth's new team as the dark side, which leads me to believe either Hendrick or Gibbs power. That leaves the #20 or a 4th car for Gibbs, or the #39 for Stewart-Haas. I've heard nothing about Regan Smith being fired. Also, since when does the France family have any control over ARCA. Jeremy Mayfield was supposed to run a race in ARCA this year. Also, I have no idea why Danica is listed as a Baldwin driver. It'll most likely be a Stewart-Haas car, so just put Reutimann back at TBR and Kvapil back at BK Racing.
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Okay, so Kenseth has said he has signed a contract already. He said that last week. Roush referred to Kenseth's new team as the dark side, which leads me to believe either Hendrick or Gibbs power. That leaves the #20 or a 4th car for Gibbs, or the #39 for Stewart-Haas. I've heard nothing about Regan Smith being fired. Also, since when does the France family have any control over ARCA. Jeremy Mayfield was supposed to run a race in ARCA this year. Also, I have no idea why Danica is listed as a Baldwin driver. It'll most likely be a Stewart-Haas car, so just put Reutimann back at TBR and Kvapil back at BK Racing.
Danica/Reutimann's car is partly owned by TBR because Tommy Baldwin used Blaneys points to lock Danica in the field at Daytona
navycook75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Roush has a particular disdain for Toyota so I assume he's referring to them as the Dark Side.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:03 pm

NeverNeutral wrote:Allmendinger isn't even officially out of the car yet. NASCAR is awaiting the test results of the B sample, he might not even miss another race.
To everyone in this thread....
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 am

antknee wrote:Roush has a particular disdain for Toyota so I assume he's referring to them as the Dark Side.

But he also Loathed with a passion Rick Hendrick's team back in the late 90s (Remember how vocal he was about the Illegal tires on the #24 car in 1999)
Mother of Invention

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 am

UPDATE 2: A.J. Allmendinger was silent Sunday, a day after NASCAR suspended him for failing a random drug test. Penske Racing, which gave Allmendinger the biggest break of his career this season, is withholding judgment until NASCAR's system has been completed. Where that leaves the 30-year-old driver remains to be seen. There is no second test coming for Allmendinger, who was randomly summoned June 29 in Kentucky to provide a urine sample to NASCAR. Per NASCAR guidelines, the specimen was split in two for an "A'' and a "B'' samples. NASCAR announced 90 minutes before Saturday night's race at Daytona that Allmendinger's "A'' sample had failed the test. NASCAR didn't reveal what Allmendinger tested positive for, and Allmendinger hasn't commented publicly since the announcement. According to Allmendinger's Twitter feed, he was making appearances on behalf of sponsor Shell/Pennzoil less than two hours before the suspension was announced at 6 p.m. But NASCAR clarified the timelines Sunday, and said its medical review officer first alerted Allmendinger of his positive test approximately six hours earlier. NASCAR was informed by the MRO about 2:30 p.m., and met with Allmendinger and a senior Penske official shortly after. The team owner indicated Sunday that Hornish is available to drive Allmendinger's car, but that the organization had yet to think beyond Daytona. "We haven't made any (decisions). He was obviously our first choice for yesterday," Penske said. "I was out of the country and came in last night and obviously got word on the way over what had happened. The big thing was to get Sam in the car so we could get in the race, which obviously was tight.(Associated Press)
AND: If A.J. Allmendinger's suspension by NASCAR becomes indefinite, Sam Hornish Jr. wants to continue his role as replacement. "If that's the case, then I want to be back in the Cup Series," Hornish told USA TODAY Sports in a phone interview Sunday. "I'm fully on board with it. I can't think of any reason I wouldn't want to drive that car. I'll do whatever it takes to get back there." Of getting promoted on a longer-term basis in the #22 Dodge, Hornish said, "Obviously, we have a contractual commitment to the Nationwide Series, and some of their races aren't at the same site as Cup races, so that will be an issue." Hornish declined to comment about Allmendinger's situation, except to say he hadn't spoken to the driver and was shocked by Saturday's announcement.(USA Today)
For more details on NASCAR's drug testing policy, see Jayski's Drug Policy page and in-depth articles at USA Today and Sporting News.(7-9-2012)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 am

Allmendinger won't be back in that car, it's safe to say. If Petty switches to Dodge, Ambrose will be in the #22 car next year. That's my bet. Very Happy

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:31 pm

If Hornish officially lands in the ride for the rest of the year, I truly wish him the best. He was one of my favorite Indycar drivers for years, and I hope he achieves more success than he has in the past in the stock cars.
JMac525
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Hornish will end up in the 22 next year if everything plays out right. If I recall correctly, Hornish at times was strong with the 77. A few Pocono races come to mind.
f1fan12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Was reading up on the max BAC a competitor/official can have the day of the race. It's only .02 BAC. A lot of things can give you that. Mouthwash can give you that.
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 pm

According to Jayski, Hornish will be in the #22 at New Hampshire for a fact.
JMac525
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BWardboy88 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:54 pm

If Allmendinger gets an indefinite suspension, then I think Hornish should get a ride with that 22 car for the rest of this year and next year. Also, if he does that he must race only in the Sprint Cup and not in the Nationwide Series because he'll realise he's not racing for points unlike guys like Joey Logano, Kyle and Kurt Busch.
BWardboy88

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't see Ambrose leaving Petty this season. Maybe next year, but not yet. He might make the Chase this year if he wins a race, maybe Watkins Glen. Hornish just isn't that good yet, gotta keep him in Nationwide. Maybe Elliott Sadler, if he wants to come up to Cup again, he's doing really well right now. Brian Vickers still has no ride. Maybe he'll fill in a little this year if AJ's gone a while and get picked up for 2013. Regan Smith is probably staying with Furniture Row, I've heard they might add a second car for Kurt Busch even. Then again, we might see a complete surprise and someone like David Reutimann or David Ragan will show up in a Shell/Pennzoil firesuit next year.
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I can't see Hornish in the 22 next season, not unless he really rips off good finishes left and right.

My guess is, either Bayne, or Kenesth (unless Kenesth already has a deal set up with someone else)
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:and with Penske going to Ford, and Ambrose's ties with Ford Racing,

Wait what? I thought his contract with Ford ran out in 08?
Mother of Invention

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:12 pm

hmm, didn't think about Reutimann...that's a definite possibility. Hornish is likely especially since Shell sponsored him in the past.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm sorry, but I can't help but notice JMac's avatar. That avatar is awesome and is full of win!

Anyways, back on topic. I'm not going to make any comment on this until all of the facts poor out on this whole deal. I will say though that I was very shocked when I was first heard about it. I'm surprised NASCAR hasn't mentioned what drugs he used that lead to the positive test. So I'm going to hold my breath until we all know what the full story is.

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I'll make my comment once the B sample that he has requested to take is presented to be positive or negative.
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:15 pm

If I was Penske I would give Parker Klingerman a few runs in the car this year and maybe give him the 22 in 2013 if he does well. Penske should take a chance on Parker. I say this mostly because I like Parker Klingerman, but he has the talent to be a superstar.
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:and with Penske going to Ford, and Ambrose's ties with Ford Racing,

Wait what? I thought his contract with Ford ran out in 08?
Yes but Ambrose has always wanted to be in Ford, he only reason he went to Toyota in '09-'10 was because that was his first full-time Cup ride. If Petty goes to Dodge, and he has a chance to go to Penske with Ford, he'll go.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:11 am

Alpineopossum wrote:If I was Penske I would give Parker Klingerman a few runs in the car this year and maybe give him the 22 in 2013 if he does well. Penske should take a chance on Parker. I say this mostly because I like Parker Klingerman, but he has the talent to be a superstar.

Who the hell is Parker Klingerman? Razz
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:02 am

PKligBKFan wrote:
Alpineopossum wrote:If I was Penske I would give Parker Klingerman a few runs in the car this year and maybe give him the 22 in 2013 if he does well. Penske should take a chance on Parker. I say this mostly because I like Parker Klingerman, but he has the talent to be a superstar.

Parker Klingerman is the guy who drives in the NASCAR Learn How to Spell to Avoid Being Trolled Series. Wink Jamie McMurry runs in that series too.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeverNeutral on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Cynon wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:

Parker Klingerman is the guy who drives in the NASCAR Learn How to Spell to Avoid Being Trolled Series. Wink Jamie McMurry runs in that series too.
You forgot Casey Kane and Jeff Gordan.
NeverNeutral
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueThunderfan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:58 pm

since he drives for Penske in Nationwide, i think Sam Hornish Jr. is getting the 22.
BlueThunderfan
Champion
Champion

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 pm

AJ ALLMENDINGER FAILED HIS B TEST, INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED FROM NASCAR.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:AJ ALLMENDINGER FAILED HIS B TEST, INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED FROM NASCAR.
Whats your source? I thought the results wouldnt be in till Thursday.

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Spannerhead29 (Nelson) wrote:AJ ALLMENDINGER FAILED HIS B TEST, INDEFINITELY SUSPENDED FROM NASCAR.
Whats your source? I thought the results wouldnt be in till Thursday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/aj-allmendinger-indefinitely-suspended-nascar-b-sample-test-010124910--nascar.html

That was released very quick...

Sucks for Allmendinger
conrail1990
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Damm a promising carrer ended abruptly
Good luck in your future carrer paths
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 pm

AJ, AJ, AJ. No

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 pm

See you in USAC Allmendinger!
Alpineopossum
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I move for Brian Keselowski to have the #22

It'll be totally legit! Razz
Magus978

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 pm

A.J. Allmendinger...I don't even.

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucstar88 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:26 pm

I would like Sam to get the #12
Trevor Bayne #22
Brad K. #2
Penske would be complete
Lucstar88

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLucstar88

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Well, that's the last we've seen of him racing in NASCAR, because if and when he comes back he's going to be start and parking.

Regardless of what he actually tested positive for and what caused it.

Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Put Dave Blaney in the 22 for Talladega, and he wins the race.
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Not what Ryan Briscoe Wanted to Hear.
AntmanB
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

AntmanB wrote:Not what Ryan Briscoe Wanted to Hear.

What on god's green earth does Briscoe have to do with this? Neutral
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crl on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 pm

pennst24 wrote:

Maybe Penske could put Allmendinger in IndyCar, and kick Briscoe to the curb? I guess that's what he's saying.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
crl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I think everyone saw this coming. The B test urine is from the same sample as the A test urine. Looks like AJ's not giving up though. Part of the Walldinger Racing response to this positive:

We have secured the services of an independent lab to conduct thorough testing on every product within AJ's home and motor coach to find what might collaborate with his test, which created results that were within nanograms of accepted standards. We are working closely with NASCAR and Penske Racing to identify the next action steps in this process.

Hopefully this isn't the end for a decent driver who has had some of the worst luck in his career.
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 pm

crl wrote:
pennst24 wrote:

Maybe Penske could put Allmendinger in IndyCar, and kick Briscoe to the curb? I guess that's what he's saying.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if AJ went back to open wheel, but I don't see Roger Penske keeping someone in an organization who failed two drug tests. Now Briscoe could still be let go, but that's totally unrelated to AJ Allmendinger failing drug tests.
pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 pm

I've just realised something. Penske could bring in Jaques Villenoob for the Watkins Glen Cup race.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top