Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Bruton...

+20
day500champ1
Vincent Giacalone
Spen
Blake Camphausen
f1fan12
Woody
Alpineopossum
crl
RealRacer4
PYLrulz
RACECAR
flyingturns89
Alta
Mother of Invention
navycook75
SpeedDemon37
PKligBKFan
Sparkz47
Ben Atkins
Magus978
24 posters

Go down

Oh Bruton... Empty Oh Bruton...

Post by Magus978 Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:14 pm

SPARTA, Ky. -- Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith said NASCAR needs to implement mandatory cautions, or race stoppages, to bring more excitement to the races.

"Call it what you want, but you've got to have caution flags," Smith said Saturday before the Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. "That creates excitement. You can't just sit there with nothing happening. It ruins the event. It's damaging to our sport."

Cautions flags and caution laps are down this year in NASCAR. Many races this season have produced long green-flag runs without a lot of passing up front.

The Nationwide Series race at Kentucky on Friday night had a record 113 consecutive green-flag laps. Austin Dillon led 192 of 200 laps and won by 9.8 seconds.

Some fans have criticized the 1.5-mile ovals such as Kentucky, saying those tracks are the problem. Smith vigorously disagrees.

"In my opinion, we cannot go out and start condemning mile-and-a-half speedways," said Smith, who owns five 1.5-mile oval tracks. "They've been around a long time. I built Charlotte (Motor Speedway) in 1960 and it has stood the test of time.

"So don't tell me it's the speedway. Bull. What we have is a tire problem. We have a lot of different problems, but it's not the mile-and-a-half speedways."

Smith said NASCAR needs to deliberately create more double-file restarts. NASCAR made a rule change in 2009 that moved all the lead-lap cars to the front of the field, double-file, on all restarts after a caution flag.

Those restarts often cause bumping late in races, and sometimes additional accidents.

"One of the great things NASCAR has done is the dual restarts," Smith said. "I look forward to those. We need to see more dual restarts. Three (per race) aren't enough. You need eight or 10 of them."

Smith said he wouldn't mind seeing a pseudo halftime at each race to cause an additional restart.

"If you have one every 20 laps, I don't care," Smith said. "It adds to the show. Someone once said we're in show business. Well, if we're in show business, let's deliver that show. Right now, we're not delivering it.

"Other sports have mandatory timeouts and TV timeouts. All that stuff creates things in those sports. We need to be creative in this sport."

Smith was asked if he has discussed his idea with NASCAR president Mike Helton.

"Maybe I did," Smith said. "Mike is a very good friend of mine and I have a great deal of respect for him. We talk to each other a lot."

NASCAR spokesman David Higdon said Friday: "We are constantly looking at ways to improve the racing. And we have mandatory cautions when we think it's needed at an event."

But those mandatory cautions usually are for safety reasons so teams can check their tires and officials can check track conditions.

Smith wants to see more race stoppages because he feels it would produce more on-track action. He also would like to see speeds reduced.

"I'd be in favor of that," Smith said. "But you have to have the cautions, even if they have to be mandatory. It's a timeout. That's what it's going to take."

SMI recently made major track changes at Bristol Motor Speedway, a high-banked, .533 mile oval, hoping to produce more bumping and banging that many fans loved at that track.

"And I've been promised (by Goodyear officials) a softer tire for Bristol in the August race," Smith said. "We need that, and yeah, we'll have it."

CREDIT: ESPN.com

Uh Bruton...don't they already have them? They're called "Kyle Busch & Jimmie Johnson cautions", aka phantom debris cautions.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Oh Bruton... Empty Re: Oh Bruton...

Post by Ben Atkins Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm

He released this statement just to say "Yeah, we've been fixing the cautions and stuff, but only now are we admitting it!"

And this is why NASCAR is going down the drain recently... -_-

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Oh Bruton... 150

I never thought people could be this stupid. I've heard about it in many a myth and legend, but that's all I thought it was; an old wives tale. Something parents told their kids to keep them in line. I never imagined this kind of stupidity could be real. This revelation terrifies me to my very core. These are the end times.

I must go board up my house. The plague is upon us.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:09 pm

People always ask me why I cannot stand Bruton Smith. You can stop asking now...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by SpeedDemon37 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Softer tires are a good idea.
If by lower speeds he means less downforce, that wouldn't be a bad idea either.
A mandatory caution every 20 laps... No Honestly, I'm not even surprised. It seems that recently NASCAR has been trying with all their might to ruin the sport, and they're mystified as to why they're losing so many fans.
SpeedDemon37
SpeedDemon37
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:36 pm

SPARTA, Ky. -- Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith said NASCAR needs to implement mandatory cautions, or race stoppages, to bring more excitement to the races.

"Call it what you want, but you've got to have caution flags," Smith said Saturday before the Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. "That creates excitement. You can't just sit there with nothing happening. It ruins the event. It's damaging to our sport." Nascar had it in the old days, and it's still here, granted it's crap, but it's still here

Cautions flags and caution laps are down this year in NASCAR. Many races this season have produced long green-flag runs without a lot of passing up front. whether you like it or not, that's racing

The Nationwide Series race at Kentucky on Friday night had a record 113 consecutive green-flag laps. Austin Dillon led 192 of 200 laps and won by 9.8 seconds.refer to what I just said

Some fans have criticized the 1.5-mile ovals such as Kentucky, saying those tracks are the problem. Smith vigorously disagrees.there is a problem, they're starting to become the norm

"In my opinion, we cannot go out and start condemning mile-and-a-half speedways," said Smith, who owns five 1.5-mile oval tracks. "They've been around a long time. I built Charlotte (Motor Speedway) in 1960 and it has stood the test of time. that's because Charlotte has history

"So don't tell me it's the speedway. Bull. What we have is a tire problem. We have a lot of different problems, but it's not the mile-and-a-half speedways."I'll give him that, there are a lot of problems, and some of it is the mile and a half cookie cutters

Smith said NASCAR needs to deliberately create more double-file restarts. NASCAR made a rule change in 2009 that moved all the lead-lap cars to the front of the field, double-file, on all restarts after a caution flag.I agree, it gives the cars up front a chance

Those restarts often cause bumping late in races, and sometimes additional accidents.thats racing

"One of the great things NASCAR has done is the dual restarts," Smith said. "I look forward to those. We need to see more dual restarts. Three (per race) aren't enough. You need eight or 10 of them."I'm not sure on that he means on Dual restarts, but I'm hoping he's not talking about GWC's

Smith said he wouldn't mind seeing a pseudo halftime at each race to cause an additional restart.NO

"If you have one every 20 laps, I don't care," Smith said. "It adds to the show. Someone once said we're in show business. Well, if we're in show business, let's deliver that show. Right now, we're not delivering it.

"Other sports have mandatory timeouts and TV timeouts. All that stuff creates things in those sports. We need to be creative in this sport."(this goes for the above this) This isn't Handegg, nor is it soccer or basketball, why do this to auto racing? it will just create another cluster

Smith was asked if he has discussed his idea with NASCAR president Mike Helton.like that'll help

"Maybe I did," Smith said. "Mike is a very good friend of mine and I have a great deal of respect for him. We talk to each other a lot."

NASCAR spokesman David Higdon said Friday: "We are constantly looking at ways to improve the racing. And we have mandatory cautions when we think it's needed at an event."you're kidding right?

But those mandatory cautions usually are for safety reasons so teams can check their tires and officials can check track conditions. here's how to check their tires, if it blows, there's the problem

Smith wants to see more race stoppages because he feels it would produce more on-track action. He also would like to see speeds reduced.NO NO NO NO NO NO! Auto Racing is about speed, I'm ok with restrictor plates, but slowing speeds down? what is this, little league Nascar?

"I'd be in favor of that," Smith said. "But you have to have the cautions, even if they have to be mandatory. It's a timeout. That's what it's going to take."no, it's so you can let Jimmie or Kyle winning it when they're about to go a lap down

SMI recently made major track changes at Bristol Motor Speedway, a high-banked, .533 mile oval, hoping to produce more bumping and banging that many fans loved at that track.hopefully it works

"And I've been promised (by Goodyear officials) a softer tire for Bristol in the August race," Smith said. "We need that, and yeah, we'll have it." and watch this become a problem thoughout the race

my response in bold letters
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 pm

I agree with everything Daniel said aside from the Jimmie and Kyle thing, cause I really haven't seen debris cautions help those two out in the last year or so.
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Magus978 wrote:
SPARTA, Ky. -- Speedway Motorsports Inc. chairman Bruton Smith said NASCAR needs to implement mandatory cautions, or race stoppages, to bring more excitement to the races. Isn't this already happening

"Call it what you want, but you've got to have caution flags," Smith said Saturday before the Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. "That creates excitement. You can't just sit there with nothing happening. It ruins the event. It's damaging to our sport." More like the opposite.

Cautions flags and caution laps are down this year in NASCAR. Many races this season have produced long green-flag runs without a lot of passing up front. In fairness a few of these races have been really lacking but still caution-free races aren't a big deal.

The Nationwide Series race at Kentucky on Friday night had a record 113 consecutive green-flag laps. Austin Dillon led 192 of 200 laps and won by 9.8 seconds. A Nationwide driver wrecking everyone's shit, I'm absolutely okay with it

Some fans have criticized the 1.5-mile ovals such as Kentucky, saying those tracks are the problem. Smith vigorously disagrees. It is part of the problem. What has happen at Kentucky in the last 10 years other then 2 upset winners and a few big crashes

"In my opinion, we cannot go out and start condemning mile-and-a-half speedways," said Smith, who owns five 1.5-mile oval tracks. "They've been around a long time. I built Charlotte (Motor Speedway) in 1960 and it has stood the test of time. When it's a good portion of the schedule, yes we can.

"So don't tell me it's the speedway. Bull. What we have is a tire problem. We have a lot of different problems, but it's not the mile-and-a-half speedways." It's part of problem but the rest of this statement is fair.

Smith said NASCAR needs to deliberately create more double-file restarts. NASCAR made a rule change in 2009 that moved all the lead-lap cars to the front of the field, double-file, on all restarts after a caution flag. They already do this

Those restarts often cause bumping late in races, and sometimes additional accidents. Pretty much

"One of the great things NASCAR has done is the dual restarts," Smith said. "I look forward to those. We need to see more dual restarts. Three (per race) aren't enough. You need eight or 10 of them." Yes, let's wreck more cars near the end of the race.

Smith said he wouldn't mind seeing a pseudo halftime at each race to cause an additional restart. YAY! Thank you for letting me change the channel over to Indycar.

"If you have one every 20 laps, I don't care," Smith said. "It adds to the show. Someone once said we're in show business. Well, if we're in show business, let's deliver that show. Right now, we're not delivering it. 6 hour races! Herp Derp!

"Other sports have mandatory timeouts and TV timeouts. All that stuff creates things in those sports. We need to be creative in this sport." Side-By-Side fixes all this

Smith was asked if he has discussed his idea with NASCAR president Mike Helton. ughh...

"Maybe I did," Smith said. "Mike is a very good friend of mine and I have a great deal of respect for him. We talk to each other a lot." UGHHHH

NASCAR spokesman David Higdon said Friday: "We are constantly looking at ways to improve the racing. And we have mandatory cautions when we think it's needed at an event." THEY FINALLY ADMITTED IT! THEY FINALLY ADMITTED IT!

But those mandatory cautions usually are for safety reasons so teams can check their tires and officials can check track conditions. *Rigging the race

Smith wants to see more race stoppages because he feels it would produce more on-track action. He also would like to see speeds reduced. LET'S MAKE THINGS EVEN MORE UNBEARABLE

"I'd be in favor of that," Smith said. "But you have to have the cautions, even if they have to be mandatory. It's a timeout. That's what it's going to take." Bruton your a moron

SMI recently made major track changes at Bristol Motor Speedway, a high-banked, .533 mile oval, hoping to produce more bumping and banging that many fans loved at that track.

"And I've been promised (by Goodyear officials) a softer tire for Bristol in the August race," Smith said. "We need that, and yeah, we'll have it."

Uh Bruton...don't they already have them? They're called "Kyle Busch & Jimmie Johnson cautions", aka phantom debris cautions.
What have we learned kids? Bruton Smith is the most delusional man in motorsport.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Why can't Bruton just go away? I hate most of his policies, including last year's no refunds for Kentucky.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 pm

This guy just reeks of attention seeker/Douchebag. Retire already, Old Ass.

Alta wrote:What have we learned kids? Bruton Smith is the most delusional man in motorsport.

You mean its not Bernie Ecclestone? Thats a surprise.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:16 pm

RACECAR wrote:This guy just reeks of attention seeker/Douchebag. Retire already, Old Ass.

Alta wrote:What have we learned kids? Bruton Smith is the most delusional man in motorsport.

You mean its not Bernie Ecclestone? Thats a surprise.

Bernie is just the biggest crook. Burton is straight up delusional, and it's clearly obvious Humpty Wheeler was the brains behind the operation at Charlotte for years
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Magus978 wrote:

"Call it what you want, but you've got to have caution flags," Smith said Saturday before the Sprint Cup race at Kentucky Speedway. "That creates excitement. You can't just sit there with nothing happening. It ruins the event. It's damaging to our sport."

Cautions flags and caution laps are down this year in NASCAR. Many races this season have produced long green-flag runs without a lot of passing up front.

The Nationwide Series race at Kentucky on Friday night had a record 113 consecutive green-flag laps. Austin Dillon led 192 of 200 laps and won by 9.8 seconds.

Some fans have criticized the 1.5-mile ovals such as Kentucky, saying those tracks are the problem. Smith vigorously disagrees.

"In my opinion, we cannot go out and start condemning mile-and-a-half speedways," said Smith, who owns five 1.5-mile oval tracks. "They've been around a long time. I built Charlotte (Motor Speedway) in 1960 and it has stood the test of time.

"So don't tell me it's the speedway. Bull. What we have is a tire problem. We have a lot of different problems, but it's not the mile-and-a-half speedways."

Smith said NASCAR needs to deliberately create more double-file restarts. NASCAR made a rule change in 2009 that moved all the lead-lap cars to the front of the field, double-file, on all restarts after a caution flag.

Those restarts often cause bumping late in races, and sometimes additional accidents.

"One of the great things NASCAR has done is the dual restarts," Smith said. "I look forward to those. We need to see more dual restarts. Three (per race) aren't enough. You need eight or 10 of them."

Smith said he wouldn't mind seeing a pseudo halftime at each race to cause an additional restart.

"Other sports have mandatory timeouts and TV timeouts. All that stuff creates things in those sports. We need to be creative in this sport."

Smith was asked if he has discussed his idea with NASCAR president Mike Helton.

NASCAR spokesman David Higdon said Friday: "We are constantly looking at ways to improve the racing. And we have mandatory cautions when we think it's needed at an event."

But those mandatory cautions usually are for safety reasons so teams can check their tires and officials can check track conditions.

Smith wants to see more race stoppages because he feels it would produce more on-track action. He also would like to see speeds reduced.

"I'd be in favor of that," Smith said. "But you have to have the cautions, even if they have to be mandatory. It's a timeout. That's what it's going to take."

Oh Bruton... 1234931504682

Has he heard of Formula 1 before?

NASCAR has been ruining the racing for quite some time now, especially this year. And I still can't figure out why I'm still watching these races when I can actually do something more exciting.

It's really sad what this series has come down to, honestly.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Remember when he was gonna do this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Racing_Auto_Circuit

Yeah, this series would've died because of the crazy rules he would've implemented.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Oh Bruton... NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Sooner or later, someone will act waltrippy and cause a caution.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:44 pm

What they should do is add Road America and Montreal somewhere on the Cup schedule (in fact, I wouldn't have a problem if they gave each RC 2 events), give Darlington its second race back, and all the 1.5 milers get 1 race per season.

Doing what this guy says would ruin Nascar's credibility (if they still have any), because it isn't show business; sure, it is entertainment, but every other type of racing and every other sport are generally able to entertain without destroying what it is about in the first place, I would hope that Nascar is able to do that too. I think the Chase and the 3 tries to finish a race with a green flag are enough.
Woody
Woody
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

https://www.youtube.com/user/RollinRacingOffline

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:53 pm

I see what Bruton has done here, he is trying to shine a new idea to promote better racing in Nascar, without losing half of his race dates. If you think about it, name all of the boring tracks Bruton owns...

Kentucky
Vegas- To an extent
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

did I miss any?
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:09 pm

So the tracks aren't producing good racing, but they aren't at fault, the lack of yellows, which produces artificial racing is?
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Spen Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Atlanta is not a boring track. Did you watch last year's race? Or heck, every race there since the pavement started wearing properly.

The rest of your list is fine, though.
Spen
Spen
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 pm

Woody wrote:Doing what this guy says would ruin Nascar's credibility (if they still have any), because it isn't show business; sure, it is entertainment, but every other type of racing and every other sport are generally able to entertain without destroying what it is about in the first place, I would hope that Nascar is able to do that too. I think the Chase and the 3 tries to finish a race with a green flag are enough.

Quoted for the most truthful truth in the truthian land of all truthiness of all time of ever. The amount of truth contained in it is mindboggling. Not even Stephen Hawking could calculate said amount of truth. It is more than infinite. It is so dense, so unquestionably honest, so unequivocally, purely, incorruptibly accurate to the current circumstances, that I have no choice but to give you a cookie.

Oh Bruton... 31018
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Woody wrote:Doing what this guy says would ruin Nascar's credibility (if they still have any), because it isn't show business; sure, it is entertainment, but every other type of racing and every other sport are generally able to entertain without destroying what it is about in the first place, I would hope that Nascar is able to do that too. I think the Chase and the 3 tries to finish a race with a green flag are enough.

Quoted for the most truthful truth in the truthian land of all truthiness of all time of ever. The amount of truth contained in it is mindboggling. Not even Stephen Hawking could calculate said amount of truth. It is more than infinite. It is so dense, so unquestionably honest, so unequivocally, purely, incorruptibly accurate to the current circumstances, that I have no choice but to give you a cookie.

Oh Bruton... 31018
His statement was a black hole? Razz
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 am

f1fan12 wrote:I see what Bruton has done here, he is trying to shine a new idea to promote better racing in Nascar, without losing half of his race dates. If you think about it, name all of the boring tracks Bruton owns...

Kentucky
Vegas- To an extent
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

did I miss any?

After last week, Sonoma needs to be on that list.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:56 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
f1fan12 wrote:I see what Bruton has done here, he is trying to shine a new idea to promote better racing in Nascar, without losing half of his race dates. If you think about it, name all of the boring tracks Bruton owns...

Kentucky
Vegas- To an extent
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

did I miss any?

I still don't see what defines boring. The only track I would consider to have not that exciting racing is California and that's mainly 'cause one person had a winning streak there and I hated that.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:03 am

day500champ1 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:

Kentucky
Vegas- To an extent
Texas
Charlotte
Atlanta

did I miss any?

I still don't see what defines boring. The only track I would consider to have not that exciting racing is California and that's mainly 'cause one person had a winning streak there and I hated that.

I'm guessing Auto Club is what you're talking about, but the only driver I remember with a long winning streak is Biffle, a winning streak that is most certainly over.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 am

This has to be a joke right?

I mean come on
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:20 am

This guy's so bad he puts Bernie Eccelstone and Tony Cochrane (V8 Supercars CEO) next to Abe Lincoln and JFK in terms of great leadership.
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

https://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

most of his statement is garbage, but it's funny that he's looking for more race stoppages and most of the posts in the Racing Rumor are specifically complaining about the lack of them. yet, he's being comdemned as a looney. this guy is trying to make the racing better for the fans...his complaints are the same as what is voiced on this very forum. the only problem is that his ideas are a bit too far out there.
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:43 pm

antknee wrote:most of his statement is garbage, but it's funny that he's looking for more race stoppages and most of the posts in the Racing Rumor are specifically complaining about the lack of them. yet, he's being comdemned as a looney. this guy is trying to make the racing better for the fans...his complaints are the same as what is voiced on this very forum. the only problem is that his ideas are a bit too far out there.
We don't complain that the green flag runs are too long, but they are too boring. I'd rather them fix the cars and tracks, so an 80 lap green flag run is actually fun to watch, instead of 4 laps of racing and 76 laps of single file, spread out racing. Give me 80 laps of passing and hard racing by everyone involved (See an long run in an Indycar race) and I'll be happy.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 am

What was great was the Sonoma green flag run, where everyone was suddenly faced with the thought of the race going green until the end. If it had, Truex's strategy would have won him the race by a huge margin IIRC. Not only that, but people were racing each other cleanly and were able to RACE each other without someone whining about being raced too hard and deciding to start wrecking people.

That was actually very fun to watch, even though TNT missed about four spins (?!?!?!).

What I'd like to see more of is races like Sonoma. Long green runs with actual passing, but most of the passing that I saw at Kentucky was Kasey Kahne's strategy at the end.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down