If you were in charge of NASCAR...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by BWard on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:54 am

...what would you do to change the sport that it currently is today?
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by PKligBKFan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 am

BWardboy88 wrote:...what would you do to change the sport that it currently is today?

Change who's in charge! I don't want to be the person NASCAR fans blame for anything that doesn't go the way they want it to go.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by pennst24 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

ID MAKE THEM WRECK EVERYWHUR AND THE MORE CARS U HIT TEH MORE BONUS POINTS U GET!!!!!111qq1!!!!!!

Change the COT so that you can actually make passes without losing the front end.
More short tracks and road courses.
Make them take off the plates for qualifying at Daytona and Talladega, because there's nothing more boring than qualifying at those two tracks.
Less cookie cutters.
Limit Cup drivers to 3 races in NNS and Trucks.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Spannerhead29 (Nelson) on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 am

Give a cash bonus for the highest finisher in a Cup race that is outside the top 35 in points. Hopefully that might get rid of start-n-parkers.
avatar
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3418
Join date : 2012-04-29
Age : 23
Location : Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

View user profile http://facebook.com/pages/Spannerhead-Racing/194183156902

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:55 am

NASCAR AS A WHOLE - RACE PROCEDURE:

- Get rid of the yellow-line rule coming out of 4 on the last lap.
- Let the drivers actually speak their minds.
- No more fake debris cautions, naturally.
- Get rid of the Chase and the new points, but reward winners a bit more.
- If it's past 5 laps to go, there will be one attempt at 3 extra laps instead of three attempts at 2.
- Make nonpoints races count for actual wins...as a separate statistic, at least.
- No double-file restarts inside of 10 to go.
- Commitment cone rule only applies under caution.

NASCAR AS A WHOLE - CARS:
- Phase EFI into lower series.
- Open the rules back up and let teams adjust more aspects of the car.
- No bump stops.
- Give teams the option to make the top grille an actual grille again.
- Give all major series some version of the low-downforce treatment.
- Do away with splitters, perhaps in favor of something more akin to the Mexico stock cars or the new ARCA/K&N body so that the car doesn't act like it went head-on into the wall whenever it touches the grass. It'd save people repair money.
- Fender contigs can no longer run onto the headlights. Headlight numbers can be used as long as they do not extend outside the headlight.
- Make that new ARCA/K&N body legal in Xfinity on tracks less than a mile long, with some minor (read: affordable) modifications. Conversely, make Cup and/or Xfinity bodies legal in K&N and ARCA in the same fashion.

NASCAR AS A WHOLE - OTHER:
- Bring more companies into the contingency-sponsorship program.
- Lighten up with the whole title-sponsor exclusivity deal. Who cares if AT&T or T-Mobile wants to pay for a ride in the Sprint Cup series? Or DirecTV in Xfinity? Or Hess or Valero...anywhere? With sponsorship in short supply, teams need all they can get.
- Work with Lionel/SpinMaster to bring real diecasts - for more drivers - back into department stores.
- Try and institute a series for smaller cars (Cruze, Focus, Dart, Verano, Beetle, Yaris).

CUP SERIES:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet SS
Ford Taurus
Dodge Charger
Toyota Camry
Buick Regal
VW CC

- The All-Star race is run at Charlotte every other year. When it is at Charlotte, it has a format much like the one it used in 2001, except that the segment division is 30/25/15 instead of 30/30/10.
- Instead of a second car from the Showdown, the reigning Xfinity champ gets an invite to the All-Star race.
- Reduce or eliminate the field maximum for nonpoints events.
- Pocono in June goes to 310-311 miles (500k).
- Run the carousel at Sears Point and the boot at the Glen, maybe in alternating years.
- Get rid of the window name banners. What's the point of them in the series with by far the most well-known drivers?
- Return the maximum field size to 42 or 43. Might as well if a "full" field is only 36 on paper.

XFINITY GN:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Impala
Ford Fusion
Dodge Charger
Toyota Corolla
Buick LaCrosse
VW Jetta

- Curve the spoiler.
- Let the manufacturers mold the side panels of the car how they wish to.
- Limit Buschwhackers to 5 races a year. Those in their first full Cup season get 21, though.
- Put name banners on the front too.

TRUCKS:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Silverado
Ford F-150
Ram 1500
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra
Nissan Titan

- See Xfinity's rule about Buschwhackers.
- Put name banners on the front too.


Last edited by Nascarboy426 on Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:22 pm; edited 97 times in total
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by conrail1990 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by day500champ1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:36 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:...what would you do to change the sport that it currently is today?

Change who's in charge! I don't want to be the person NASCAR fans blame for anything that doesn't go the way they want it to go.

^This.^ Because it doesn't matter what you do people are still going to complain about it. Although, I do like Vinny's ideas.
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:This is basically what I said in the NASCAR wishlist thread at SRD, so if some of the statements I make seem a little out-there or unrealistic, well, sorry.

NASCAR AS A WHOLE:

- Get rid of the yellow-line rule on the last lap.
- Revise the manufacturer eligibility rule so that only companies HEADQUARTERED in America can race, as well as a subsection to close up any potential loopholes that would let, say, "Volkswagen of America" compete. Toyota would be grandfathered in. (I got some heat in said SRD thread for saying this...)
- No more stupid debris cautions.
- Go-or-go-homers qualify first. If a rainout happens halfway through or something, the fastest ones get in.
- Encourage more American manufacturers to get involved.
- Take away GWCs and just have caution laps not count inside of 10 laps to go.
- Make TNT a TV offer they can't refuse and then say they can only do it if Allen Bestwick is in the booth. Don't forget that awesome yellow-and-red logo. Oh yeah, and Fuel. Fuel was awesome. Ideally it'd be those two and ESPN (with Rick Benjamin as lead commentator) splitting the last half of the year. Kyle Petty would also be replaced at TNT by Phil Parsons (he's already with them in the pits IIRC) if he's up for it.
- Make the networks show less commercials and reduce their prerace shows to ~30 minutes. Or we start taking away races.
- To add, make the networks get less gaudy graphics. I mean, do we really need a giant flashing police light when someone gets a speeding penalty? Or dollar bills filling half the screen when the halfway bonus happens?
- Revise the top-35 rule to be the top-25 rule.
- Run a short qualifying race before time trials on 3-5 race weekends a year. The 18 transferring drivers would move on to actual qualifying. In turn, the past champ's provisional will be revised so that instead of the most recent past champ getting in, the one who finished highest in the heat race will.
- Make Charlotte get rid of those ugly yellow walls.
- Give an Independent's-Trophy-style award for drivers/teams that run less than half of the schedule and are not affiliated with a higher organization, so as to give them A) something to fight for and B) a bit more of the spotlight. Best average finish wins.
- Make the spoilers/splitters/valances adjustable again and allow the manufacturers to shape them according to the street car's body.
- Bring the roof wicker back for plate tracks.
- Revive the Goody's Dash series. And perhaps one or two more of those touring series they used to have.
- Bring more companies into the contingency-sponsorship program so as to benefit smaller teams.
- No sponsor-limiting crap. Who cares if you want AT&T or T-Mobile wants to pay for a ride in the Sprint Cup series? Or Geico in Nationwide? With sponsorship in short supply, teams need all they can get. And if no one can find any companies to pay the bills, there won't be a series to sponsor.
- Devise some sort of program to help underfunded teams get some sponsorship.
- Nonpoints races count for actual wins.
- Be smarter about throwing cautions as a whole, especially on the last lap.

SPRINT CUP:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Commodore (the SS with an ACTUAL NAME. Either that or encourage them to bring back the Monte Carlo.)
Ford Taurus
Dodge Charger
Toyota Camry
Buick Regal
Lincoln MKZ
Cadillac CTS-V
Chrysler 300

- Start the Bud Shootout earlier, so that it becomes somewhat of a day-to-night race.
- Change the All-Star race to its 2001 format (Yeah, yeah, I'm nostalgic, whatever), except that the segment division is 30/25/15 instead of 30/30/10.
- Cut California, first Kansas and second Michigan, shortening the schedule to 33 races.
- Give Texas' second date to North Wilkesboro.
- Darlington, first Texas and Homestead all return to daylight.
- Pocono in June goes back to 500 miles. The July race stays at 400, though.
- Give Phoenix's first date to either the Rock or Road America.
- Return the Southern 500 to Labor Day and give the finale back to Atlanta.
- Get rid of the Chase and maybe the new points.
- Do some sort of multi-team paint scheme promotion at Richmond again, like they had in the 2000s up until '05.
- Run the carousel at Sonoma and the boot at the Glen in alternating years.

NATIONWIDE GRAND NATIONAL: (yes, I'd rename it that)

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Cruze
Ford Focus
Dodge Dart
Toyota Corolla
Buick Verano
Lincoln MKS
Cadillac CTS-V
Chrysler 200

- Let the manufacturers mold the side panels of the car how they wish to.
- California stays.
- Allow the top 15-20 in points to have a short (20-40 laps) exhibition race on All-Star Weekend.
- Ban Buschwhackers, except maybe on a few specific race dates.
- Replace first Phoenix, Vegas, one of the Chicago dates, Michigan, Indianapolis and second Texas with various short tracks. Ones that Cup doesn't run on.

TRUCKS:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Silverado
Ford F-150
Ram 1500
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra
Cadillac Escalade
Jeep Wrangler (yeah, yeah, it's a stretch)

- Introduce a new body (or at least modifications) a la the 2013 Cup cars, to not only make the trucks more brand-identifiable, but boxier as well. I don't know what it is about the current trucks, but they look a bit too streamlined.
- See Nationwide's rule about Buschwhackers.
- Top 15 in points also get an exhibition race on All-Star weekend.
- Replace Vegas, Chicago, Kansas, Darlington and Texas with short tracks and road courses.

avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by day500champ1 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:47 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:This is basically what I said in the NASCAR wishlist thread at SRD, so if some of the statements I make seem a little out-there or unrealistic, well, sorry.

NASCAR AS A WHOLE:

- Get rid of the yellow-line rule on the last lap.
- Revise the manufacturer eligibility rule so that only companies HEADQUARTERED in America can race, as well as a subsection to close up any potential loopholes that would let, say, "Volkswagen of America" compete. Toyota would be grandfathered in. (I got some heat in said SRD thread for saying this...)
- No more stupid debris cautions.
- Go-or-go-homers qualify first. If a rainout happens halfway through or something, the fastest ones get in.
- Encourage more American manufacturers to get involved.
- Take away GWCs and just have caution laps not count inside of 10 laps to go.
- Make TNT a TV offer they can't refuse and then say they can only do it if Allen Bestwick is in the booth. Don't forget that awesome yellow-and-red logo. Oh yeah, and Fuel. Fuel was awesome. Ideally it'd be those two and ESPN (with Rick Benjamin as lead commentator) splitting the last half of the year. Kyle Petty would also be replaced at TNT by Phil Parsons (he's already with them in the pits IIRC) if he's up for it.
- Make the networks show less commercials and reduce their prerace shows to ~30 minutes. Or we start taking away races.
- To add, make the networks get less gaudy graphics. I mean, do we really need a giant flashing police light when someone gets a speeding penalty? Or dollar bills filling half the screen when the halfway bonus happens?
- Revise the top-35 rule to be the top-25 rule.
- Run a short qualifying race before time trials on 3-5 race weekends a year. The 18 transferring drivers would move on to actual qualifying. In turn, the past champ's provisional will be revised so that instead of the most recent past champ getting in, the one who finished highest in the heat race will.
- Make Charlotte get rid of those ugly yellow walls.
- Give an Independent's-Trophy-style award for drivers/teams that run less than half of the schedule and are not affiliated with a higher organization, so as to give them A) something to fight for and B) a bit more of the spotlight. Best average finish wins.
- Make the spoilers/splitters/valances adjustable again and allow the manufacturers to shape them according to the street car's body.
- Bring the roof wicker back for plate tracks.
- Revive the Goody's Dash series. And perhaps one or two more of those touring series they used to have.
- Bring more companies into the contingency-sponsorship program so as to benefit smaller teams.
- No sponsor-limiting crap. Who cares if you want AT&T or T-Mobile wants to pay for a ride in the Sprint Cup series? Or Geico in Nationwide? With sponsorship in short supply, teams need all they can get. And if no one can find any companies to pay the bills, there won't be a series to sponsor.
- Devise some sort of program to help underfunded teams get some sponsorship.
- Nonpoints races count for actual wins.
- Be smarter about throwing cautions as a whole, especially on the last lap.

SPRINT CUP:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Commodore (the SS with an ACTUAL NAME. Either that or encourage them to bring back the Monte Carlo.)
Ford Taurus
Dodge Charger
Toyota Camry
Buick Regal
Lincoln MKZ
Cadillac CTS-V
Chrysler 300

- Start the Bud Shootout earlier, so that it becomes somewhat of a day-to-night race.
- Change the All-Star race to its 2001 format (Yeah, yeah, I'm nostalgic, whatever), except that the segment division is 30/25/15 instead of 30/30/10.
- Cut California, first Kansas and second Michigan, shortening the schedule to 33 races.
- Give Texas' second date to North Wilkesboro.
- Darlington, first Texas and Homestead all return to daylight.
- Pocono in June goes back to 500 miles. The July race stays at 400, though.
- Give Phoenix's first date to either the Rock or Road America.
- Return the Southern 500 to Labor Day and give the finale back to Atlanta.
- Get rid of the Chase and maybe the new points.
- Do some sort of multi-team paint scheme promotion at Richmond again, like they had in the 2000s up until '05.
- Run the carousel at Sonoma and the boot at the Glen in alternating years.

NATIONWIDE GRAND NATIONAL: (yes, I'd rename it that)

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Cruze
Ford Focus
Dodge Dart
Toyota Corolla
Buick Verano
Lincoln MKS
Cadillac CTS-V
Chrysler 200

- Let the manufacturers mold the side panels of the car how they wish to.
- California stays.
- Allow the top 15-20 in points to have a short (20-40 laps) exhibition race on All-Star Weekend.
- Ban Buschwhackers, except maybe on a few specific race dates.
- Replace first Phoenix, Vegas, one of the Chicago dates, Michigan, Indianapolis and second Texas with various short tracks. Ones that Cup doesn't run on.

TRUCKS:

Ideal manufacturer lineup:
Chevrolet Silverado
Ford F-150
Ram 1500
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra
Cadillac Escalade
Jeep Wrangler (yeah, yeah, it's a stretch)

- Introduce a new body (or at least modifications) a la the 2013 Cup cars, to not only make the trucks more brand-identifiable, but boxier as well. I don't know what it is about the current trucks, but they look a bit too streamlined.
- See Nationwide's rule about Buschwhackers.
- Top 15 in points also get an exhibition race on All-Star weekend.
- Replace Vegas, Chicago, Kansas, Darlington and Texas with short tracks and road courses.


avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Alta on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Some of what Vinny makes sense. But some of it is just Nostalgia things that doesn't really matter anymore.

Anyway for me the top 5 things to fix are.

1. Banning Whacking Drivers and letting them run their own series
2. Moar Road Courses.
3. Be smarter with cautions
4. Get rid of the stupid debris yellows.
5. Rid of some of the boring tracks on each schedule.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3997
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Alta wrote:Some of what Vinny makes sense. But some of it is just Nostalgia things that doesn't really matter anymore.

I freely and wholeheartedly admit to that. Razz
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by flyingturns89 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Reverse the top 35 rule so that the top 35 fastest cars get in, with positions 36-42 going to the top teams in owners points not already in and 43rd as champions provisional or the next team in points.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2718
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by AntmanB on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:21 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Reverse the top 35 rule so that the top 35 fastest cars get in, with positions 36-42 going to the top teams in owners points not already in and 43rd as champions provisional or the next team in points.

aka the pre 2005 format.
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Here's an idea I've toyed with for a while but don't know if it'd work. So I'd like to hear what any of you think.

What if they allowed people to race back to the line, but only once they're ahead of whatever hazard may be on the track?
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by BlueThunderfan on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Road America instead of Infineon.
bring back Rockingham and North Wikesboro.
do not allow sprint cup regulars to run track races.
Brands Hatch! Very Happy
no more COT. the Car of tomarrow is so ugly, it really is the "crap of today"
only allow american manufaturers. AKA no more Toyotas.
more Dodge drivers.
no cookie cutter tracks.
bring back Dario Franchitti.

avatar
BlueThunderfan
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 503
Join date : 2011-11-30
Age : 18
Location : Arkansas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueThunderfanracing

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

BlueThunderfan wrote:no cookie cutter tracks.

None at all? I know we need less, EVERYONE knows we need less, but to completely cut a track like, say, Charlotte, one that's been proudly hosting two of the most prestigious races in the sport's history for decades, just because it's 1.5 miles long is not something I could see happening.

I agree with most of your other ideas, though, and actually already mentioned some in my previous post. I myself would love an exhibition race at Brands Hatch Very Happy
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Blake Camphausen on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 pm

BlueThunderfan wrote:
more Dodge drivers.
bring back Dario Franchitti.
As the president of NASCAR, you have no say in these two topics. So you really can't say that is something you would change.
avatar
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 436
Join date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by TheRealNathNath on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 pm

make there be an international balance of manufacturers. 4 from North America, 4 from Europe, 4 from Asia.

That making 12 models, have there be a 3-car team for each one, and a 1-car team. Those 12 cars can have their own championshup i.e. Independent's trophy. Also have each model have 1 part-time car, 2 part-timers show up to each race, and with a 31 race schedule, which I'll get to later, they'll have 5 attempts in a season, and they all show up to the Daytona 500 The part-timers may also be R&D cars for one of the full-time teams.

Altogether, with this system, 50 cars will be at each race. I'd say put 35 in each race, and the top 25 are locked-in. I would say q-races, but the lower-budget teams would be unable to compete. So, have Happy Hour be Happy Hour-And-A-Half (what), and make it final race practice, AND the qualifying session. This would throw a wrech in the works, as teams would be torn between setting the car up to qualify, or to run race-trim.

the schedule...
1. Daytona 500
Now, to make the series less expensive to run, the schedule should be proximity-based. So, the second race should be either Homestead or Atlanta, and go from there. Indianapolis should be the 16th race, and a thought, Saturday night race? Daytona hosts the finale, the night race. All other tacks only get one date. There are 23 tracks currently, and with second Daytona, 24 races. The other 7 go to Iowa, Rockingham, Mexico City, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, North Wilkesboro, Road America, and I'd widen Willow Springs to make 3-wide possible, and bring the cup back.

Also, Watkins Glen would be run with the boot, and Auto Club would be overbanked to about 26, and plates be put on.

I'd build Grand Detour.


I'd make the cars the way they're doing it in real life: manufacturer identity.
The Nationwide cars would be the muscle cars, and for foreign manufacturers, their luxury division.
The trucks would look like trucks. 'nuff said

avatar
TheRealNathNath
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 209
Join date : 2011-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by PKligBKFan on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 am

BlueThunderfan wrote:Road America instead of Infineon.
bring back Rockingham and North Wikesboro.
do not allow sprint cup regulars to run track races.
Brands Hatch! Very Happy
no more COT. the Car of tomarrow is so ugly, it really is the "crap of today"
only allow american manufaturers. AKA no more Toyotas.
more Dodge drivers.
no cookie cutter tracks.
bring back Dario Franchitti.


And I thought Brian France had dumb ideas.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Ben Atkins on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 am

PKligBKFan wrote:
BlueThunderfan wrote:Road America instead of Infineon.
bring back Rockingham and North Wikesboro.
do not allow sprint cup regulars to run track races.
Brands Hatch! Very Happy
no more COT. the Car of tomarrow is so ugly, it really is the "crap of today"
only allow american manufaturers. AKA no more Toyotas.
more Dodge drivers.
no cookie cutter tracks.
bring back Dario Franchitti.


And I thought Brian France had dumb ideas.

Just because you don't like his ideas doesn't mean to have to downright disrespect them, you know Rolling Eyes

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4534
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Alta on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:08 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BlueThunderfan wrote:Road America instead of Infineon.
bring back Rockingham and North Wikesboro.
do not allow sprint cup regulars to run track races.
Brands Hatch! Very Happy
no more COT. the Car of tomarrow is so ugly, it really is the "crap of today"
only allow american manufaturers. AKA no more Toyotas.
more Dodge drivers.
no cookie cutter tracks.
bring back Dario Franchitti.


And I thought Brian France had dumb ideas.
And i thought Kyle Busch was rude to people.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3997
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Cynon on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:50 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BlueThunderfan wrote:Road America instead of Infineon.
bring back Rockingham and North Wikesboro.
do not allow sprint cup regulars to run track races.
Brands Hatch! Very Happy
no more COT. the Car of tomarrow is so ugly, it really is the "crap of today"
only allow american manufaturers. AKA no more Toyotas.
more Dodge drivers.
no cookie cutter tracks.
bring back Dario Franchitti.


And I thought Brian France had dumb ideas.

Maybe you could stop being a dick and be constructive for a change. Last warning, I'm pretty sick of your crap. Keep that to other places.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3117
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Mother of Invention on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 pm




NASCAR Cup

-Continue devolving the COT back into the COY.
-Remove the chase. It isn't needed with the new points system.
-Make the top-35 rule the top-25 rule.

NASCAR NWS
-Keep the New Muscle car style bodies
-Remove duplicate races of any track over 1.1 mile (sans Charlotte)
-Bring back Milwaukee, Myrtle Beach, Gateway, Martinsville, Music City , and IRP
-Add Mosport
- 42 cars on tracks of 2miles or longer 36 on short tracks 39 on minor intermediates 40 on major races on 1-1.5 mile tracks

NASCAR Trucks
Add - Peach State (Grehsam), Hickory, South Boston, Motor Mile, Sears Point, VIR and Watkins Glen
-30 trucks on Short tracks 34 on intermediate and 36 on Large Ovals
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by PYLrulz on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Grab the rule book that was around and up to 2003 (and add in the safety aspects), and use it.

- Except for Daytona, Charlotte, Darlington, and Talladega (and maybe Bristol or another short track), all races get 1 race. Period. The main four I listed, one of their two races can bring back the Grand Slam. If an area wants two races, look for other tracks (California wants two races, Irwindale and Fontana. Indy wants two? IRP and Indy).

- Raise the number of road courses to 4 or 5. Montreal is a MUST. You may also throw in either Elkhart Lake, or the new track in Austin (as long as it can put on a good stock car race)

- Keep the Top 35 rule in, but instead of 35, make it 20 or so. If you insist on 35, then bring back the provisional, and you can only use it for a certain number of times. If you fall out, you can't use your provisionals. If you get back in, you can use them, if you have any left.

My Dream Track list (if we are going to do 36 races...

-- Multi Race Tracks --
- Daytona twice (make the Daytona 500 a Presidents Day Monday Night. I think it can work)
- Talladega twice
- Charlotte twice
- Darlington twice (And make the Southern 500 Labor Day, Sunday at the least. Can be an evening race if you are concerned about the summer time heat,)

Like mentioned, one of the two can be a grand slam race.

--Short Tracks--
- Bristol (at night!!!)
- Richmond
- Martinsville
- IRP
- Iowa
- Irwindale (get that back opened up! You want the people of Los Angeles to fall in love with NASCAR?!? A short track will do it!)
- North Wilkesboro

You add a short track to the total number of times NASCAR would race on one. Bring back an oldie, bring in a few other tracks in as well.

--Intermediates, but renovate so they can be interesting tracks, not cookie cutters--
- Kansas
- Chicago
- California (if you want to add in some interesting, high bank it so it can be a 2 mile restrictor plate track, but I can get the arguments against it)
- Gateway (get that back opened, and renovated some, make it a Midwest Darlington)

Do what you can to make these tracks better.

--Intermediates and larger tracks, leave as is--
- Michigan
- Las Vegas
- Homestead (the closest thing we have got to Old Atlanta)
- Atlanta
- Texas
- Dover
- New Hampshire
- Pocono
- Indy
- Phoenix
- Rockingham

Bring back Rockingham!!! Yes, I still have some "cookie cutters", but they are usually interesting enough that they are fine, or in Vegas's case, they just renovated it a few years back.

--Road Courses--
- Watkins Glen
- Sonoma
- Montreal
- Elkhart Lake
- Austin F1 Track
- Portland (if you can't build a race track in the Northwest, use what is there)

6 Roadies! If you want to take out one or two, in favor of ovals, I wouldn't object, but I think they need more roadies on the schedule. And while we are at it, bring the rain tires to Cup!

As for the schedule, start on Presidents Day Monday, have an off week in case the weather is uncooperative enough to push the 500 to a Tuesday or such, so the teams aren't rushing to get to the next race, run 11 races, have an off week (you don't want NASCAR running on Easter, they can run a Saturday race), run 12 more races (All-Star race, staying at Charlotte, can fill the off week), have an off week, run the final 12 races, end of season. Get rid of the Bud Shootout, that is 39 weeks the schedule occupies, from 3rd weekend of February, to about 2nd weekend in November. (you lop off about half a month). If you insist on having a race the next weekend after a Monday Daytona 500, then you have the next race close to the teams homes. ROCKINGHAM! You do that, you are down to a 38 week schedule (3 weeks off the current schedule)


Last edited by PYLrulz on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by TheMayor44 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Strictly Stock. You can reinforce the right front suspension, take out seats and add safety equipment but nothing more.
avatar
TheMayor44
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-12-22
Location : The 80's

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 am

With everyone putting in their schedule suggestions, I figured I might as well.

CUP:

**Shootout**
1) Daytona
2) Atlanta
3) Las Vegas
*Off Week*
4) Bristol
5) Rockingham
6) Martinsville
*Easter Off Week*
7) Texas
8] California
9) Richmond (Night)
10) Talladega
*Off Week*
**All-Star Race**
11) Charlotte (Night)
12) Dover
13) Michigan
14) Pocono
15) Sears Point
16) Chicagoland
17) Daytona (Night)
*Off Week*
18) Miller
19) Pocono
20) Indianapolis
21) Watkins Glen
22) Bristol (Night)
*Off Week*
23) Darlington
24) Richmond (Night)
25) Loudon
26) Dover
27) Kansas
*Off Week*
28) Charlotte (Night)
29) Talladega
30) Martinsville
31) Phoenix
32) Homestead
33) Atlanta

NATIONWIDE:

1) Daytona
2) Atlanta
3) Darlington
*Off Week*
4) Bristol
5) Rockingham
*Off Week*
6) Milwaukee
7) Texas
8] California
9) Richmond (Night)
10) Talladega
11) Memphis
*Off Week*
12) Charlotte
13) Dover
*Off Week*
14) Loudon
15) Road America
16) Kentucky
17) Daytona
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
18) Montreal
19) IRP (Night)
20) New Jersey Motorsports Park
21) Iowa
22) Bristol (Night)
*Off Week*
23) Darlington
24) Richmond (Night)
25) Loudon
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
26) Myrtle Beach (Night)
27) Charlotte (Night)
28) Chicagoland
*Off Week*
29) Phoenix
30) Homestead

TRUCKS:

1) Daytona
2) Atlanta
3) Las Vegas
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
4) Martinsville
5) Milwaukee
6) Irwindale (Night)
7) California
*Off Week*
8] Rockingham
9) Iowa
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
10) Dover
*Off Week*
11) Portland
12) Eldora
13) Kentucky (Night)
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
14) South Boston (Night)
15) Mosport
16) Michigan
17) Pocono
18) IRP (Night)
19) Watkins Glen
20) Bristol (Night)
*Off Week*
21) Richmond (Night)
*Off Week*
22) Myrtle Beach (Night)
*Off Week*
*Off Week*
23) Charlotte (Night)
24) Darlington
25) Martinsville
26) Phoenix
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: If you were in charge of NASCAR...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum