Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono!

+19
f1fan12
Sparkz47
pepsibottle1
RyanB06
PKligBKFan
bartman97
PYLrulz
TheRacingExperts
Cynon
Cardinals5
RealRacer4
day500champ1
AntmanB
Mystrsyko
flyingturns89
JMac525
Alta
BWard
BBoy
23 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono! Empty BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono!

Post by BBoy Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:18 pm

http://www.nascar.com/news/120604/kbusch-suspended-for-pocono/index.html

Kurt Busch has been suspended from this weekend's activities at Pocono Raceway by NASCAR as a result of his actions following the Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway this past Saturday.

Busch was already on probation because of a run-in with Ryan Newman's crew following the May 12 Sprint Cup event at Darlington Raceway. Following his fourth-place finish in Saturday's Nationwide race, Busch was asked about racing while on probation, and proceeded to verbally berate the reporter who posed the question.

"It refrains me from not beating the s--- out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions," Busch said in a video posted by Speed Channel. "But since I'm on probation, I suppose that's improper to say as well."

According to NASCAR, Busch violated Section 12-1 of the rule book, specifically actions detrimental to stock car racing and verbal abuse of a media member. Busch's probation was scheduled to end July 25, but has now been extended though the end of the season.

(OOC: Kinda figured that this would happen eventually.)
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono!

Post by BWard Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't think he should be allowed to race in NASCAR anymore. He really hasn't been the same since he left Penske Racing, or even joined them for that matter.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Kurt Busch parked from Pocono!

Post by Alta Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm sorry...Probation or not that's absolutely stupid.

The reporter was being an asshole an Kurt put him in his place not knowing the camera was on and he gets suspended for it.

Here's to a media member getting their ass kicked for being douchebags.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Alta wrote:I'm sorry...Probation or not that's absolutely stupid.

The reporter was being an asshole an Kurt put him in his place not knowing the camera was on and he gets suspended for it.

Here's to a media member getting their ass kicked for being douchebags.

This. That was a really stupid question. I knew the guy would be parked eventually for some reason or another.

JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 pm

So Kurt got the old "We don't need you." speech, huh? About damn time.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:52 pm

It's about time NASCAR put their foot down about something. Everything is always "probabtion for X number of weeks" or "a fine you can totally afford". Parking them is the only truly effective punishment NASCAR can dish out.
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:05 pm

so both the busch brothers have been suspended within the past year.
honestly, dont think kurt should have been suspended.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm

While I don't agree with the reason for the suspension, NASCAR had to do it because Kurt put them in that position.

Sometimes I wonder if the media members are more interested in reporting on the actual racing or just creating drama. Thank God for Tony Stewart. He at least points it out and embarrass them without out right insulting them.

It's unfortunate the both Dick Berggren and Bob Jenkins are retiring at least they know what they are doing.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I think Kurt overreacted a little bit but at the same time, it was stupid of Bob asking that question. It's kind of hilarious though that the Busch brothers are the last 2 drivers to get suspended.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:07 pm

day500champ1 wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if the media members are more interested in reporting on the actual racing or just creating drama. Thank God for Tony Stewart. He at least points it out and embarrass them without out right insulting them.

That's pretty much their modus operandi
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:20 pm

day500champ1 wrote: Thank God for Tony Stewart.

Don't let Cynon hear you say that Laughing
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:24 pm

DAMNIT THERE GOES MY POST-RACE ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Seriously, that's how I feel about it. Kurt Busch makes post-race interviews MUCH more exciting...

Kind of a typical call from NASCAR though, you can wreck the whole field and not get so much as a hauler trip, but you rage like a child in a non-televised interview then you get parked.

Funny, F1 works exactly the other way around (hello Fernando Alonso!!), or rather, that F1 does it the right way. IndyCar/CART does too. Can't say I know one way or the other for other categories...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRacingExperts Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Honestly, bad idea. we need at least some form of entertainment in a place like pocono..
TheRacingExperts
TheRacingExperts
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://www.theracingexperts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Yea, the reporter was a bit off base, but still, there's ways to call the guy out without looking like a bitch.

Deserved.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:38 pm

What if Kurt Busch actually does have a fight with the reporter, SCRAPS ON GUYS, SCRAPS ON!!!
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Based on the tone of James Finch's comments, I don't think he'll return at Michigan. It just doesn't sound good...for Kurt anyway!
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Based on the tone of James Finch's comments, I don't think he'll return at Michigan. It just doesn't sound good...for Kurt anyway!
Back to Nationwide for Joey Logano.

Implying Gibbs will pass on the opportunity.

Another thing that really irks me about this whole thing is people act like Kurt Busch is the worst thing to happen to Nascar, Apparently all you have to do to draw the fanbase's ire is getting upset over something not going your way...Which people like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick among others have done in the past and they seemed to be treated normally.

Kurt Busch has been the most exciting thing to happen in probably one of the worst starts to a Nascar season i can remember.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:Based on the tone of James Finch's comments, I don't think he'll return at Michigan. It just doesn't sound good...for Kurt anyway!
Nor should he IMO. The only reason he even had a ride after what went down at Penske is because he's got the past champion's provisional.

Now if only Kyle would do something stupid... Twisted Evil
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Alta wrote:

Another thing that really irks me about this whole thing is people act like Kurt Busch is the worst thing to happen to Nascar, Apparently all you have to do to draw the fanbase's ire is getting upset over something not going your way...Which people like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick among others have done in the past and they seemed to be treated normally.

Kurt Busch has been the most exciting thing to happen in probably one of the worst starts to a Nascar season i can remember.

Thing is, nobody wants to sponsor him. He's no longer marketable.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
Alta wrote:

Thing is, nobody wants to sponsor him. He's no longer marketable.
I won't be surprised if they bring Monster over from KBM or something like that.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 pm

NASCAR: Where emotion isn't allowed.

Total BS here, but hey, that's what NASCAR (and just about any other major sport) has gotten to be in this day and age. Back in the 70's and even 80's, this was second nature. But since everyone has to be so f'n politically correct, we've crafted a society where people aren't allowed to really be themselves over fear of something like this. So what Kurt called him out? It was a dumb question to begin with and like day500champ said, it,seems that the media is more apt to create drama instead of actually doing their job.

Now yes, Kurt may have stepped a bit too far for some people but NASCAR and sports in general need more guys like this who aren't afraid to say what's on their mind instead of acting like trained robots. But because of the importance of sponsors and today's sophisticated standards, you're kinda forced to be. It's not like the days with Cale Yarborough, AJ Foyt and Dale Earnhardt. Hell, they'd be banned from the sport if they were driving in the modern era, lol. I'm tired of seeing the same old crap time and time again with drivers and thankfully, there's still Tony Stewart and Brad Keslowski (to a point) who aren't afraid to break the norm so to speak. There's no personality anymore.

That's just my two cents on the subject.
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:53 pm

If you ask me, NASCAR is the biggest violator of "actions detrimental to stock car racing".
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Yes, I get the "emotion" argument and such, but...

1. There was plenty of ways for Kurt to get out of it, or just put on his best face. Hell, he could have kept some character, but didn't go off like he did.

2. Track record. The guy has had a BAD history throwing tempers like this.

If the interview ended up like...

Kurt: "Really? You asked me that?!? Sorry, I'm not answering that", and walked away

He does that, and gets suspended, I'd side with those who say NASCAR has gone overkill.

Yes, the reporters are idiots, but, especially in Kurt's case, don't fall into their trap.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:57 am

Sparkz47 wrote:If you ask me, NASCAR is the biggest violator of "actions detrimental to stock car racing".

The words of the truth.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, NASCAR usually give penalties for cursing in interviews anyways. Remember Dale Jr.'s '04 Tally win? Got penalized 25 points for saying the same thing.

If Kurt didn't have the track record, or wasn't on probation, this wouldn't have happened. It's hardly what he did, but more what he has already done.

I'm not disagreeing with the people saying Nascar is an idiot either, because I completely believe that too...

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:Well, NASCAR usually give penalties for cursing in interviews anyways. Remember Dale Jr.'s '04 Tally win? Got penalized 25 points for saying the same thing?

It also cost him a proper chance at winning the championship too.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:30 pm

PYLrulz wrote:Yes, I get the "emotion" argument and such, but...

1. There was plenty of ways for Kurt to get out of it, or just put on his best face. Hell, he could have kept some character, but didn't go off like he did.

Kurt: "Really? You asked me that?!? Sorry, I'm not answering that", and walked away

He does that, and gets suspended, I'd side with those who say NASCAR has gone overkill.

Yes, the reporters are idiots, but, especially in Kurt's case, don't fall into their trap.

Alright. Let's have AJ Foyt or Cale Yarborough in the same ship. Park them too?

Tired of how one simply can't let another have it nowadays without having to worry about being parked. Hell, that was what made up the sport back when.

pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:

Tired of how one simply can't let another have it nowadays without having to worry about being parked. Hell, that was what made up the sport back when.

There's telling it like it is, and making a point, then there is just being a crybaby about things, and acting like a petulant brat. The former rarely, if ever, acted like brats. Kurt just goes off like a spoiled brat. I see a huge difference between AJ, Cale, even Tony Stewart, compared to Kurt Busch.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toblerone Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Its not about swearing on camera, I think a lot of people think that's what It's about but its not. Kurt has been threatening people! not in a Tony Stewart joking about how this race sucks or how he feels. Kurt has been threatening reporters way to often and how long until he snaps and commits to it? A weekend will be good, Its worked pretty good for Kyle.
Toblerone
Toblerone
Development Driver
Development Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:08 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:Well, NASCAR usually give penalties for cursing in interviews anyways. Remember Dale Jr.'s '04 Tally win? Got penalized 25 points for saying the same thing?

Not at all... The penalty was 25 points, he finished 130 some odd points behind Busch...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:59 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:

Not at all... The penalty was 25 points, he finished 130 some odd points behind Busch...

well it was really his crash at Atlanta during the Chase the the Cup that ensured his elimination from the title hunt.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:

You can't even compare Foyt or Cale to Kurt Busch. That was 30-40 years ago, before races were on TV, and certainly before the social media. Things have changed.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
pepsibottle1 wrote:

You can't even compare Foyt or Cale to Kurt Busch. That was 30-40 years ago, before races were on TV, and certainly before the social media. Things have changed.
Everyone gets butthurt over everything?
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Alta wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
pepsibottle1 wrote:

Everyone gets butthurt over everything?
IMO, Scott and Flyingturns are both correct. There is a major difference between speaking your mind and making yourself look like you belong on Jerry Springer. AJ, Cale, and Tony speak their mind, Kyle and Kurt belong with Jerry.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:12 am

TBH Kurt Busch is too much of a pussy to bash up a goddamn reporter. But if I get suspended for yelling at teachers and students, then he should too.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nascar9fan Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:01 am

bartman97 wrote:TBH Kurt Busch is too much of a pussy to bash up a goddamn reporter. But if I get suspended for yelling at teachers and students, then he should too.

Serious? You got suspended for that? That's bulls**t. The worst kid in our grade just suspended or expelled (not sure) & he's done a heap more stuff than that, & it has all been worse (a hell of a lot worse)
Nascar9fan
Nascar9fan
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down