Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brands Hatch Penalties

+10
PYLrulz
PackerMan71
Mother of Invention
SnakePlissken
Vincent Giacalone
flyingturns89
Alta
Magus978
BWard
Cynon
14 posters

Go down

Brands Hatch Penalties Empty Brands Hatch Penalties

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Car #2 - Packer Carroll - Volpi Racing Team:
- 15 points for causing an avoidable collision.
- Start in the rear for the Round of France.

Car #08 - Anthony Griffith - Power Steering, Inc.:
- 30 points for causing an avoidable collision.
- 1 race suspension.

Car #10 - Mathias Taube - Gessler Richter MC Team:

Car #16 - Kurt Plissken - Power Steering, Inc.:
- 30 points for causing multiple avoidable collisions.
- 1 race suspension.

Car #30 - Charlie Waters - James Dalton Racing:

Car #37 - Tom Delgado - Star Nemoto Racing:

Car #64 - Chris Johaanes - Mitchell & Sons Racing:

Car #74 - Scott Steudler - Mitchell & Sons Racing:
- Warning for causing an avoidable collision.

Car #777 - Ian Cooper - Team EFR:

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brands Hatch Penalties Empty Re: Brands Hatch Penalties

Post by BWard Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Collin Evans in the 30? I thought Charlie Waters is in the 30 isn't he?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Collin Evans in the 30? I thought Charlie Waters is in the 30 isn't he?

LOL whoops. Laughing

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Delgado Accepts Back of Grid Penalty, Set to Appeal Points Penalty, Claims Integrity Was Sabotaged

After hearing of his 15 point penalty for the incident at Brands Hatch, Tom Delgado has vowed to appeal the decision, even if Star Team Nemoto will not support him in his appeal.

"The back of the grid penalty, I accept. As for the points penalty, it is a disgrace, plain and simple. I feel that I have been penalized unjustly, and as such I am appealing this decision, whether or not I have the support of my team. To also penalize the guy who got run off the road and was a victim of one idiot's decision to race like a lunatic on lap one is a joke, and the people responsible for my penalty should be named and shamed in public. I am fully confident that my appeal will be heard by intelligent people, and subsequently my points penalty be overturned. My good reputation and my integrity have been damaged by questionable decision-making by others, and I shall defend my reputation & integrity to the death" Tom Delgado said in a statement.

Last edited by Magus978 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amended my character's statement.)
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:51 pm

So many penalties. I thought this was a GP2 sprint race for a second.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

150 points worth of penalties, six drivers going to the rear, two drivers on suspension, and one driver receives a warning. I call shenanigans.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Cynon wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Collin Evans in the 30? I thought Charlie Waters is in the 30 isn't he?

LOL whoops. Laughing

I can see why you'd confuse them though Razz
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Katashima: Delgado Must Learn to be Team Player

After seeing both of his cars go out on the first lap, Takumi Katashima, the owner of Star Nemoto Racing, was less than pleased. Katashima, 59, was vocal about the actions of Tom Delgado during and after the Round of England.

"No one person was at fault for what happened, there is plenty of blame to go around, but as for us, we at Star Nemoto Racing admit that one of our cars was a significant contributing factor to the accident." Kazeyama said in a press release.
"Tom Delgado must remember that he can win races once he acts like a team player. He can be a good driver if he learns that everything he does impacts himself and the team. It is no great secret what the Hodges-Walter and Gessler cars have, and #1 on that list is teamwork. Their drivers work together all weekend long and they act as one, making both of them stronger. We believe that Louis [Kingston] and Azuma [Kazeyama] are both good team players and that is why they performed as well as they have so far.

Kazeyama said that, even though Delgado's contract is up at the end of the year, that their overall relationship remains strong.

"Tom has shamed himself, the team, and the sponsors with his actions. If he does something wrong, he should be honorable enough to admit his fault when he is shown what he did wrong. I am disappointed in him because I know that as a driver, as a business partner, and as a man, he is better than this. But we will be mature about the situation, put it behind us, and move on."

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Cynon wrote:Car #16 - Kurt Plissken - Power Steering, Inc.:
- 30 points for causing multiple avoidable collisions.
- 1 race suspension.

PSI to Appeal Plissken Suspension

PSI has hired three independent firms to review the footage provided to them by TMMC officials. The first, RIPS or Rogue Industries Production Service had this to say:

Camera angle makes the first incident hard to be certain, but the commentary I think is wrong. Kurt did not turn left in my opinion based on the camera view.
In the second incident Kurt did not take out the 15. The 15 went wide, "maybe under steer." Once on the grass car control is not really an option. Kurt bounced off the wall before hitting the 15. I would appeal any penalties.

The Woof General Media of the first incident went as follows:

Observations -

1st Incident - From what little I could view, looking at it 12 times now. It appears either fight for position close to the edge of the racing surface, resulting in one of the cars to momentarily loose grip/traction. Thus both cars are together side by side trading paint, and banging doors , which in turn causes both to heard towards the tire retaining wall.

Synopsis -

Racing Deal, nothing more nothing less.

Their assessment of the 2nd incident is still under review and will be forthcoming soon.

German company Herrkaleu Race Reviews had this to say:

In the first incident, it appeared that Plissken drifted to the left making contact with the other car. This contact cannot be deemed intentional due to apparent problems with tire grip throughout the race when side-by-side occurs through a turn. The lack of grip was witnessed by this investigator throughout the race. This problem is not exclusive of Plissken, but through the all Cup teams. The TM Master Cup officials need to take a hard look at increasing grip or come to the realization that lack of traction will be a factor at this track.

The second incident can be summed up in one word: Rookie. The rookie driver in the rookie never held his line and gave Plissken no room on the track to race. The rookie did not have the necessary clearance to move in front of Plissken and the resultant contact was the rookie’s fault and not Plissken’s. Plissken’s choices at the moment where try to maintain contact with the racing surface or slam head on into the wall. The rookie made the mistake due to his lack of experience in the master cup series.

Armed with this data, William Power has filed a formal appeal both of Plissken's suspensions and of the time penalties assessed to him at Brands Hatch.

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Cynon wrote:

LOL whoops. Laughing

Well, He was driving like Collin Evans. Laughing
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:21 pm

PACKER TO APPEAL POINTS PENALTY, RUSH RIPS INTO THE OFFICIALS

In the aftermath of the Round of England, Volpi driver Packer Carroll was penalized 15 points for his incident with Ian Cooper. Packer, like many other drivers, has appealed the points penalty.

In the meantime, his crew chief, Rush McCloud, made his feelings about the penalty known, and he was furious.

RUSH: Are these officials blind as bats? Packer did not come across Cooper's nose on purpose. He thought he had him cleared and was setting up for the Hawthrone Bend, and not only that, but the incident between Delgado and Griffith may have also played a part in Packer's early move, as he probably reacted to what was going on in front of him and instinctively moved to the left, as the incident was on the right side of the track. Now, if it was an incident like what happened between Camphausen and Plissken or Devereux and Johaanes, then I can see where the officials make their point. But in this case, they overstepped their boundaries big time, and quite frankly, it's ridiculous. And besides that, Packer apologized and accepted blame for what happened, but apparently, that's not good enough for them, and that makes them pretty damn ignorant, in my opinion.

Packer, on the other hand, had very little to say.

PACKER: I'm just trying to get my penalty overturned. If it isn't, we'll just accept it and move on.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Delgado Breaks Down on Radio, Apologizes to Katashima & Hopes to Make Up for Britain

After hearing words from his team owner Takumi Katashima, Tom Delgado said to a New York-based radio station during his weekly segment that he apologized profusely to Katashima-san, and hopes to make it up to him with solid performances for the rest of the season. He still plans on appealing the penalty, but he said he promises to curb his attitude and temper in future situations while at the same time admitting he needs help to keep his notorious short fuse in check.

"It's hard to keep your temper in check when you feel so strongly about something, and I felt I had to make that clear. I know I embarrassed Star Team Nemoto and I'm rather ashamed of it. While I still feel angry about the whole thing, I'm hoping a cool head can prevail and all parties (himself and Griffith) can move on and not have anymore incidents. I am truly sorry to Katashima-san for bringing shame to Star Team Nemoto, and I hope that I get opportunities to make up for it. My temper has such a nasty habit of getting to me, and I need help. I really need help man" Delgado said during his segment on the radio show, pausing several times trying not to break down. You could hear the remorse in his voice, and in talking with the host after the show, he said that Delgado was trying to hold back a tear or two because he knows that he let his team and the man who saved his career down.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 pm

Steudler questions warning for causing an "unavoidable collision"

After the high of finishing 3rd at Brands Hatch, Scott Steudler found out he was given a warning for causing an unavoidable collision during the race.

"I'm going through my mind again, and watching the replays of the incidents that I was near, there was no way I should be warned for anything. With the 15 (Blake Camphausen), my car skipped loose, and we both acknowledge that it was nothing more than a racing indicent. With the 20 (Mika Tervo), it was proven that he simply lost the car, and that I was nowhere near touching him. With the 50 (Dan Mackay), it was pretty obvious he ducked on the racing line when he should of stayed to the side as slow as he was.

If I can appeal to have this stricken from my record, I will"
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Camphausen responds to Herrkaleu Race Reviews
"Are you kidding me? Didn't give him room to race? He was slower then me, and was technically behind me, so holding me up isn't something I am exactly going to react kindly too. As well, the least you could do is refer to me as something other then "The Rookie" I do have a name, and I am an actual person. At least RIPS provided an actual explanation of possible under steer, instead of ignorantly blaming it on in-experience."
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:Camphausen responds to Herrkaleu Race Reviews
"Are you kidding me? Didn't give him room to race? He was slower then me, and was technically behind me, so holding me up isn't something I am exactly going to react kindly too. As well, the least you could do is refer to me as something other then "The Rookie" I do have a name, and I am an actual person. At least RIPS provided an actual explanation of possible under steer, instead of ignorantly blaming it on in-experience."

Brands Hatch Penalties Fbd6v
1. Here we see Plissken unarguably ahead of the #15 entering the turn. 2. Then we see Camphausen clearly and without dispute make contact with Plissken's right rear. 3. A blowup of shot 2 shows Camphausen's contact with Plissken incontrovertibly. Note: It also shows both cars still in the center of the track.
Brands Hatch Penalties 2rylsec
4 & 5. Same photo with 5 being zoomed: Again shows Camphausen contacting Plissken even more but notice how far out Plissken is being run by the 15. 6. Shows Camphausen forcing Plissken almost completely off the track. 7. Mission accomplished! Now Plissken is completely off the track. Later on as Camphausen runs Plissken into the wall, the 2 cars part but Camphausen again makes a sharp turn into Plissken again taking him into the wall a 2nd time! Camphausen spins but Plissken regains control and still would have finished 11th if not for this time penalty!

So when someone forces you off the track, you should let them because if they eventually go across your nose, you automatically turned them? I think not. If this happened on the freeway instead of the race track, Camphausen's insurance would be paying out a hefty sum because he definitively hit Plissken in the rear.

Kurt Plissken had this to say, "Tell 'Bleak Compound-fracture" that's exactly what he's going to get when I put my ex-special forces boot in his rear end. Technically behind you?! What to hell is that? I'll tell you what it is, it's rookie speak. You hit me in the right rear quarter and forced me off the track. When I beat your ass there won't be any technically about it whatsoever-- it'll be a fact just like it's a fact he ran me wide." When asked if Plissken was making a threat towards Camphausen, Plissken responded, "No, it's not a threat-- it's a promise."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Well, atleast tutino trash wont be dead last
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:57 am

Penalties Upheld by TM Master Cup Officials

Despite several spirited but flawed appeals to the TM Master Cup series officials about reducing the penalties, after reviewing the available video, the officials decided to uphold all of the penalties assessed during the Round of England.

The only penalty that was altered was the warning assessed to Scott Steudler, in which the officials clarified that it was for the contact involving Dan Mackay.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 am

PSI Files Injunction to Block Plissken Suspension

Wiliam Power said that PSI is heading to court in the hopes that a "higher authority" will stop this "miscarriage of justice." "It's a travesty plain and simple," Power stated. "Despite all the evidence to the contrary, league officials refused to reverse their decision and left us no choice. We're filing an injunction in court to block the suspension awarded to Kurt Plissken and seek an independent arbitrator to render a fair and impartial decision. We feel Kurt is being unfairly punished in this matter. As for Anthony Griffith, I was hoping they'd suspend him for the year to end my headache, but that's just wishful thinking. But this thing with Kurt, well I think they're punishing him more on his past reputation in general than anything that transpired at Brands Hatch specifically. It's ridiculous. I don't think I've seen the TMMC officials ever alter any of their decisions since I've been here. I don't see how they could completely ignore the findings of three separate and independent companies as well as the footage we submitted where it clearly shows Kurt being run wide and into the wall-- twice! What's he supposed to do?! When another driver forces him wide when he doesn't hold his line-- how is that 'unavoidable'? Preposterous! They've gotten too big for their britches. It's not right and we're fighting it and will fight it every step of the way until its conclusion. It's a race for goodness sake, not a pull over contest. The 15 acts like he's entitled to the position and it should have just been given to him instead of earned. But should the decision still go against us, which would be an utter travesty, then Max Goose will be in one of our cars and I'm giving serious consideration to elevating Libby Bell from our ARLA program."

Kurt Plissken had this to say to TMMC Officials: "Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

Woof General Media conclusions on incident #2;
The driver (of #15 car) seems to not know what give and take is.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Delgado Not Prepared to Fight Any Further

After the penalties against him were upheld, Tom Delgado admitted defeat in his attempt to restore the damage done to his reputation and integrity. He spoke to local TV show Motorsport Today to address his latest defeat.

"Not worth fighting it anymore. We lost, and that's it" Delgado said on the appeal. "I'm not gonna complain about it, I'm not gonna <censored> about it. It's over, the good guys lost. I'm just gonna be depressed about this for awhile" Delgado added. When asked about Will Power's plan to seek a court injunction to overturn Kurt Plissken's penalties, Delgado simply walked out of the studio. The host tried to play down that situation, saying that Delgado had planned to only talk about his own penalties. One person from the show, who spoke anonymously, said that Delgado bought a 6-pack of Smash Beer before going to his car, probably to drink at home.
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Camphausen to "Let officials deal with him."
"I'm not going to continue fighting with Kurt. I'll let the Master Cup officials do their job. All I have to say is that I am not letting this get in my head and mess with me. I have my own team and own race to worry about for France. I'll a have to say to Kurt is, he better watch his back. And Technically in front of you isn't rookie speak, its logic. Realistically, on track, Kurt was in front of me, and there is no denying it. However, do to the time penalty given to Kurt, I was technically running in a higher position then him, despite him being in front of me on track. I guess he still has his head up his ass, even after the fact."
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Kleffer Media Wants Experienced Driver for France

Since it appears that Power Steering Incorporated's attempted injunction against Kurt Plissken's suspension will fail, Australian Max Goose was placed in the #16 car on the entry list for the Round of France.

The #08 car is still listed with no driver, but sponsor Kleffer Media has apparently told PSI they want an experienced driver in the #08 car for France. Kleffer Media, whose sponsorship bill is reportedly twice that of PSI's other sponsors combined, also told PSI that they are not impressed with the treatment of Anthony Griffith by the team.

Jacques Bouvier was reportedly going to run the Round of France in one of the Majestic Motorsports cars, but that will not happen, according to both Bouvier and the team.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 pm

David Versus Goliath: The PSI Versus TMMC/Kleffer Media Saga

"Not many people are giving us much of a shot and should we fail, it'll be another black eye to the sport that I know and love," stated a resolved PSI owner William Power. "I may just be an old southern boy, but the Power Brokers That Be have just gotten too much damn power and it's run amok. I'm pretty disappointed at the lack of support from within the racing community. I hear the whispers and under the breath remarks in the garage about what's been going on but everyone seems to be gutless when it comes to standing up for what is right. I thought some of the others who were unfairly penalized would rally with us, but they folded like a house of cards. Kurt Plissken is no angel, I'll give you that. And yeah, he likes to thumb his nose at authority whenever he can-- hell, he does it to me all the time! But in this instance, he did nothing wrong and the fact that there is no recourse for him other than to just sit and take it just didn't sit too well with me. Master Cup officials feel that they are insulated from having their absolute authority questioned and have no fear when doling out punishments. And they should feel that way and that's why it's wrong-- not he America I grew up in that's for sure. But we're going to be racing's little David out their to face their smug, overconfident Goliath. We all know how that story turned out and we've got our sling ready!"

Kleffer Media not impressed with PSI's treatment of Anthony Griffith

"Oh yeah, well I told them that I'm not too impressed with his treatment of our equipment either," stated a defiant William Power. "Or women either. The last time I checked, the name of our team is Power Steering Incorporated-- emphasis on the Power. Their sponsorship bill may very well be twice that of our other sponsors combined, but this is still my team and I'll run it any way I damn well choose! Here's another case of a corporate "Goliath" trying to intimidate, threaten, and coerce the little guy. Boy, I sure didn't sign up for this crap. You know what. Yeah I did. We were in a tight spot and needed a chassis we sold our souls to the devil-- we sure did. Haste makes waste. And what a waste this season's been so far. And what exactly is Kleffer Media so impressed with about Anthony Griffith? What impressive things has he done since joining PSI? Punched a girl. Wrecked cars. Directed hatred at women. Gotten suspended. That's sure the horse I'd want to hitch my wagon to if I were them. He's the one I'd champion, that's for sure. Okay, I'll bite. How should I treat him, Kleffer? I find it ironically hilarious that Kleffer Media pretty much wielded the influence to get Kurt booted from Team Gazelle because he didn't fit their image. And now, what image is Anthony Griffith portraying for them and the fact that they're defending him is pretty sad. I remember Packer Carroll and I had a dust up over Anthony Griffith a while back and Packer defended him. But Griffith just burnt that bridge and took a massive dump all over Packer. Then Griffith compounds the problem by being a defensive loudmouth. Here's a nugget of wisdom for ya Anthony-- 'It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' If I had it within my power, I'd ban him from all social media too. I wish he'd just shut the hell up. Make no mistake, there is a power struggle going on here now. This is my team and I built it from scratch with hard work, blood, sweat and tears. I'm not going to sit idly by while some corporate fat cats who can't even change a tire tell me how to run it!" Power exclaimed.

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Plissken responds to Camphausen's "He Better Watch His Back" Threat

Well, cowards usually do attack from the rear-- just like he did at Brands Hatch. The first time he surprised me, but now I know what to expect from him so I'll be better prepared the next time he clips me and runs me off the track."

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:52 am

qq snake
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:06 am

Dan Mackay wrote:qq snake
Dude, its storyline to portray tensions growing between Snake's character and I. He's not complaining.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:34 am

U mad bro?
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:47 am

Brands Hatch Penalties Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzpB4Uv15nl0hSDWu86P5fFGlmd2srZ45XR8X1UNd--rXtfbb8nQ
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:37 am

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Dude, its storyline to portray tensions growing between Snake's character and I. He's not complaining.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ It's all in fun. But it's nice to know that it's convincing and that it's not the first time Dan has missed the point of something.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:54 am

SnakePlissken wrote:

Blake Camphausen wrote:

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ It's all in fun. But it's nice to know that it's convincing and that it's not the first time Dan has missed the point of something.

Agreed. Let's just all play along. In the end, it is nothing more than something fun for all of us to play along with.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 am

[quote="PYLrulz"]
SnakePlissken wrote:Agreed. Let's just all play along. In the end, it is nothing more than something fun for all of us to play along with.

^^^Exactly! I just thought of it as a compelling story arc that could be discussed during the next few races. Absolutely nothing personal intended towards anyone, it's more about a man who feels he's standing up for what is right against all odds sort of a story.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Waters Frustrated by Lack of Consistency in Penalties

"The incident between myself and Mummert was identical to the incident between Steudler and Mackay, yet I received a points penalty and I have to start in back next week. Steudler caused an additional incident as well but he simply receives a verbal warning. Leonard overdrove the turn and damaged two cars in the process. That was deemed a 'racing incident'. No penalty, no warning...completely avoidable. Myself, and I'm sure many other drivers, would like to see greater consistency in the assessment of penalties. It would appear that some drivers have targets on their backs.

With that said, my apologies to the entire 29 team...they deserved a better finish than that."
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:38 pm

PSI, TMMC Head to Court

William Power, Kurt Plissken, and Crew Chief Harold Hellman were among those visible heading into the court session for the emergency injunction to prevent the TM Master Cup from suspending Plissken for the round of France. The group from PSI was caught outside on the steps leading up to the courthouse had gave an impromptu interview.
"Finally somebody showed some backbone. I'm encouraged by what Water's said today about consistency in doling out the punishments. That's part of our case too," Power stated. "In the first instance with Mummert, Kurt was on the inside lane and slid slightly into Mummert which incurred the first active time penalty. But then later at the second incident with the 15, Kurt was on the outside and Camphausen did the exact same thing that Kurt did on the first incident with Mummert and Kurt was penalized for both incidents. We don't understand this. Also, take a look at the sheer amount of penalties assessed at this event. As Herrkaleu Race Reviews stated, there was a problem with tire grip throughout the race with all the teams, not just PSI. Waters hit the nail on the head when he said some drivers have a target on their backs and others are free to do as they please it seems. I'd like to point specifically to the Michael Sykes incident where Hinton was sent up the grassy knoll. It was pretty similar in nature to the Camphausen incident, but it was deemed as 'just hard racing.' The same goes for the Taube/Roderick and Johaanes/Devereaux incidents. Don't even get me started with the Steudler one. All these guys were not suspended and still get to start in the back of the field. If your driver has a name like Dwyer or Sykes instead of Plissken then I guess the rules apply differently. That's why we're here today. Sorry, but it's time we move inside and go over some last minute details. Wish us luck."

When asked if, without admitting any wrongdoing, they would be willing to concede to the active time penalties and points deductions or reduced points deductions, but not the suspension, Power said, "No comment" and headed into the building.

If the proceedings should drag on, the injunction may allow Plissken to race at France and other venues before the verdict is finalized.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Alexis Rainsford Offers No Sympathy to Waters, PSI

Asked during the week on the Dan Mullen Radio Hour what she thought about the actions and thoughts of Charlie Waters and Power Steering Incorporated, two-time TM Master Cup Driver's Champion Alexis Rainsford offered little sympathy, but hinted their arguments just might have some merit.

"It's kind of funny that PSI and Charlie Waters are just now complaining about something like that, when it's happened to a lot of other people since." Rainsford said.
"Up until midway through 2011 the officials did everything they could to penalize me and Volpi for anything, PSI and Charlie Waters didn't raise a finger about it, you know? I'm not surprised at the penalties, though, the officials don't like teams using cars that aren't road models. I heard Damien Snyder is going to be doing a lot of the stewarding for the next two races, so maybe things will get better."

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Max Goose Denied Master License?

Word on the street is that Power Steering Incorporated's intended reserve driver, Max Goose, may be denied his Master License. No word on details why.

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend