Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series

+18
JMac525
Cynon
Mystrsyko
pennst24
RealRacer4
BBoy
PYLrulz
Chives2112
flyingturns89
day500champ1
crl
PKligBKFan
f1fan12
Tanrar
GamerAzuzu
Jason Hamilton
Alta
AntmanB
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series Empty Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series

Post by AntmanB Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:16 am

After a week off, the Izod INdy Car Series run one of the more Prestigious Events on the Calendar, the Grand Prix of Long Beach.

This weekend will also have one of my Favorite racing "fun" events of the year, the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race ,as well as the ALMS Race.

Here are a list of Perticipants for that Celebrity Race

http://www.toyotaracing.com/motorsports/pro_celeb/index.html

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series Empty Re: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series

Post by Alta Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:24 am

>Rutledge Wood
Calling he causes some silly fun and games.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series Empty Re: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series

Post by Jason Hamilton Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:01 am

Barrichello FTW
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerAzuzu Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:12 am

I'll be seeing you all from Shoreline Drive next Sunday Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach/ Toyota Celebrity-Pro Race - Izod IndyCar Series 215644238
GamerAzuzu
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:34 am

Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 am

Is it bad if I only know who Rutledge Wood is?
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 am

f1fan12 wrote:Is it bad if I only know who Rutledge Wood is?

Kind of, if you don't know who Bryan Clausen is. Although, Clausen will just wreck around the whole track.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:45 pm

William Fitchner:

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 pm

crl wrote:William Fitchner:

He should win it. He's my pick anyway.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Ten spot grid penalties have been given to the #27 team of James Hinchcliffe and the #7 team of Sebastien Bourdais for unapproved engine changes. The rules state that an engine may only be changed once it hits 1,850 miles, or if there is an engine failure. The #7 changed engines following the previous race, and the #27 changed engines at a test session. No, I'm not joking, they really penalized a driver for changing engines after a race, and another driver during a test session.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 pm

They do this/have done this in F1 i believe. (correct me if i'm wrong)

I personally don't blame Bourdias team cause it's not gonna do them a whole lot of help with those Lotus engines
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chives2112 Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Alta wrote:They do this/have done this in F1 i believe. (correct me if i'm wrong)

I personally don't blame Bourdias team cause it's not gonna do them a whole lot of help with those Lotus engines
I personally didn't think that Lotus was going to even be able to test, that's how far they were behind to start the season.
Chives2112
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Alta wrote:They do this/have done this in F1 i believe. (correct me if i'm wrong)

I believe it's the number of engines you can use in a season. If you want to switch engines from Australia to Malaysia to China and such, that's fine, it's once you start using more engines than the rules state, where you get busted.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Chives2112 wrote:

I personally didn't think that Lotus was going to even be able to test, that's how far they were behind to start the season.

They weren't the ones testing. Hinchcliffe's team was testing.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Big news for the race weekend.

DETROIT (April 12, 2012)—Chevrolet will replace the engines in all 11 of its V-6-powered entries in the IZOD IndyCar Series prior to the start of on-track activities this weekend at the Streets of Long Beach. The decision was made following the tear-down and inspection of an engine that experienced an issue during an IndyCar-sanctioned test earlier this week at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.
“We are still learning the limitations of the new engine controls calibration,” said Chris Berube, Chevrolet Racing IZOD IndyCar Series Program Manager. “Through our testing in Sonoma, as indicated by an engine issue, we uncovered a problem that we believe could affect all engines. So, as a result, we feel it is prudent to change all engines prior to the start of the on-track activities this weekend.”
Per the provisions set forth in the IndyCar rule book (rules 15.6.1.1 and 15.6.1.2) that outlines the penalty for a change-out if the engine has not reached its minimum mileage threshold of 1,850 miles, each of the 11 drivers will be levied with a 10 position penalty on the starting grid prior to the green flag for the Long Beach race.
“This is certainly a decision that was not made lightly,” Berube said. “We intently discussed the situation with our partners and our teams prior to determining that this was the best course of action to preserve the integrity of the racing in the IZOD IndyCar Series."
Through the first two races of the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, the Chevrolet V-6 2.2 liter engine has scored two victories and two poles. Helio Castroneves won the season opener at St. Petersburg; Will Power won at Barber Motorsports Park.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 pm

THERE'S A PARTY IN TURN 1 AND EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!!
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm

BBoy wrote:Big news for the race weekend.

DETROIT (April 12, 2012)—Chevrolet will replace the engines in all 11 of its V-6-powered entries in the IZOD IndyCar Series prior to the start of on-track activities this weekend at the Streets of Long Beach. The decision was made following the tear-down and inspection of an engine that experienced an issue during an IndyCar-sanctioned test earlier this week at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.
“We are still learning the limitations of the new engine controls calibration,” said Chris Berube, Chevrolet Racing IZOD IndyCar Series Program Manager. “Through our testing in Sonoma, as indicated by an engine issue, we uncovered a problem that we believe could affect all engines. So, as a result, we feel it is prudent to change all engines prior to the start of the on-track activities this weekend.”
Per the provisions set forth in the IndyCar rule book (rules 15.6.1.1 and 15.6.1.2) that outlines the penalty for a change-out if the engine has not reached its minimum mileage threshold of 1,850 miles, each of the 11 drivers will be levied with a 10 position penalty on the starting grid prior to the green flag for the Long Beach race.
“This is certainly a decision that was not made lightly,” Berube said. “We intently discussed the situation with our partners and our teams prior to determining that this was the best course of action to preserve the integrity of the racing in the IZOD IndyCar Series."
Through the first two races of the 2012 IZOD IndyCar Series schedule, the Chevrolet V-6 2.2 liter engine has scored two victories and two poles. Helio Castroneves won the season opener at St. Petersburg; Will Power won at Barber Motorsports Park.

Some may call it a precaution. I call it a mass rule protest.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:46 pm

good win franchitti.

jk
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Well this is going to be quite a mess.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:39 pm

AntmanB wrote:good win franchitti.

jk

Franchitti will not win now that you said that. Fixed!
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Oh dear God. This will put Katherine Legge way up the field...
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm

for refernce , the chevy cars are the 2,3,12,4,5,8,11,20,26,27 and 28.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:24 am

how on earth can 11 cars each be given a 10 place penalty? don't they realize that there aren't 110 spots in the field? it's madness i say! Laughing
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:37 am

Mystrsyko wrote:how on earth can 11 cars each be given a 10 place penalty? don't they realize that there aren't 110 spots in the field? it's madness i say! Laughing

Plus Bourdais has a penalty, so yeah, we may have a car that didn't get through Round 1 of qualifying start in the Top 10.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:23 am

RealRacer4 wrote:Well this is going to be quite a mess.

Oh my word...

-_-;

Chevrolet cars confirmed for sweeping row 6 on the grid (win the pole, start 11th), and the rule is in place to make teams think twice about switching engines because the engine is the most expensive part of the car.

I approve of the penalty because it's a good rule to have. Can't have a spending war when there really isn't that much to spend...

The only entity that made it a mess is Chevrolet because their engines aren't holding themselves together.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Add on two more teams to the penalty list. Katherine Legge's #6 and Oriol Servia's #22 changed engines after opening practice, so now 14 of the 26 cars will receive a 10 position grid penalty.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:56 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Add on two more teams to the penalty list. Katherine Legge's #6 and Oriol Servia's #22 changed engines after opening practice, so now 14 of the 26 cars will receive a 10 position grid penalty.
Lotus is taking over!
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanrar Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:57 pm

inb4 massive clusterf*** on Lap 1.
Tanrar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Both of those are lotuses. so theres less of a chance for massive clusterf*** on lap 1
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

14 of the 26?!?

Ok, how about reconsidering the rule?!?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:50 pm

No idea how the grid will be set, but I'm guessing it will be the cars who have grid penalties will be placed in their position and then the fastest remaining will fill in the spots. I can never remember this happening in any sort of race, including NASCAR, where the most cars in one race going to the rear was I think ten at the 2005 Trucks opener.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Practice 2 was run in the rain.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:43 pm

AntmanB wrote:Practice 2 was run in the rain.

I wouldn't call only Dixon and Franchitti running for about 10 minutes until Dixon hit the wall a practice session.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:18 pm

No Results of the Toyota Celebrity race Yet, But we Do have The Results of Qualifying.

4 Celebrity Kim Coates 1:49.385
6 Celebrity Adam Carolla 1:49.940
7 Celebrity Eddie Cibrian 1:50.077
8 Celebrity Jerry Westlund 1:50.149
9 Celebrity Rutledge Wood 1:50.361
10 Celebrity Adrien Brody 1:50.383
11 Celebrity Brody Jenner 1:50.458
12 Celebrity Hill Harper 1:52.666
13 Celebrity Cain Velasquez 1:52.740
14 Celebrity Kate del Castillo 1:52.955
15 Celebrity Jillian Barberie Reynolds 1:54.345
16 Celebrity Biff Gordon N/A
17 Celebrity Doug Fregin 1:56.909
18 Celebrity Eileen Davidson 1:58.074

1 Pro Fredric Aasbo 1:48.277
2 Pro William Fichtner 1:48.583
3 Pro Bryan Clauson 1:48.660
5 Pro Jim Jonsin 1:49.814

Ignore the Numbers , that was the starting grid.

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:24 pm

Found Results of the Celebrity Race! Race will be shown on SPEED Eventually

Spoiler:

AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Briscose wins pole, but Franchitgti will start 1st.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Someone just pulled a default in the lams race
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 pm

starting order: Driver, team, car, time

1. Dario Franchitti, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.0327.
2. Josef Newgarden, Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, Honda, 1:09.0697.
3. Justin Wilson, Dale Coyne Racing, Honda, 1:09.0910.
4. Simon Pagenaud, Schmidt Hamilton Racing, Honda, 1:09.2078.
5. Scott Dixon, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.3658.
6. Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda, 1:09.9000.
7. Mike Conway, A.J. Foyt Racing, Honda, 1:09.8868.
8. Graham Rahal, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.9796.
9. Charlie Kimball, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:10.0188.
10. Alex Tagliani, Bryan Herta Autosport, Lotus, 1:10.8168.
11. x-Ryan Briscoe, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:08.6089.
12. x-Will Power, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:08.7073.
13. x-Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:08.7163.
14. James Jakes, Dale Coyne Racing, Honda, 1:10.7579.
15. x-E.J. Viso, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:09.0634.
16. x-James Hinchcliffe, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:09.2109.
17. Simona De Silvestro, HVM Racing, Lotus, 1:12.0590.
18. x-Helio Castroneves, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:09.0846.
19. x-Tony Kanaan, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:09.1987.
20. x-JR Hildebrand, Panther Racing, Chevrolet, 1:10.3794.
21. x-Marco Andretti, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:10.5939.
22. x-Rubens Barrichello, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:10.0651.
23. x-Oriol Servia, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Lotus, 1:10.7579.
24. x-Ed Carpenter, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet, 1:11.4519.
25. x-Sebastien Bourdais, Dragon Racing, Lotus, 1:10.8154.
26. x-Katherine Legge, Dragon Racing, Lotus, 1:12.1142.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 pm

AntmanB wrote:starting order: Driver, team, car, time

1. Dario Franchitti, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.0327.
2. Josef Newgarden, Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing, Honda, 1:09.0697.
3. Justin Wilson, Dale Coyne Racing, Honda, 1:09.0910.
4. Simon Pagenaud, Schmidt Hamilton Racing, Honda, 1:09.2078.
5. Scott Dixon, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.3658.
6. Takuma Sato, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Honda, 1:09.9000.
7. Mike Conway, A.J. Foyt Racing, Honda, 1:09.8868.
8. Graham Rahal, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:09.9796.
9. Charlie Kimball, Ganassi Racing, Honda, 1:10.0188.
10. Alex Tagliani, Bryan Herta Autosport, Lotus, 1:10.8168.
11. x-Ryan Briscoe, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:08.6089.
12. x-Will Power, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:08.7073.
13. x-Ryan Hunter-Reay, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:08.7163.
14. James Jakes, Dale Coyne Racing, Honda, 1:10.7579.
15. x-E.J. Viso, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:09.0634.
16. x-James Hinchcliffe, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:09.2109.
17. Simona De Silvestro, HVM Racing, Lotus, 1:12.0590.
18. x-Helio Castroneves, Team Penske, Chevrolet, 1:09.0846.
19. x-Tony Kanaan, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:09.1987.
20. x-JR Hildebrand, Panther Racing, Chevrolet, 1:10.3794.
21. x-Marco Andretti, Andretti Autosport, Chevrolet, 1:10.5939.
22. x-Rubens Barrichello, KV Racing Technology, Chevrolet, 1:10.0651.
23. x-Oriol Servia, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Lotus, 1:10.7579.
24. x-Ed Carpenter, Ed Carpenter Racing, Chevrolet, 1:11.4519.
25. x-Sebastien Bourdais, Dragon Racing, Lotus, 1:10.8154.
26. x-Katherine Legge, Dragon Racing, Lotus, 1:12.1142.

This whole starting grid scares the heck out of me.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 pm

What the hell did I just watch? Suspect

Lets get this race started already. lol.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Those opening cermonies. I don't even.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Bah, sucks for Sarah Fisher's team...

Last edited by JMac525 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 pm

LOLNEWGARDEN. Pretty much a huge rookie mistake made by him. Waaaaay too aggressive.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:23 pm

That was all Franchitti. Do the right thing Indy officials.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Great job by Sato so far.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:44 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:LOLNEWGARDEN. Pretty much a huge rookie mistake made by him. Waaaaay too aggressive.

Franchitti touched him going into the turn. Newgarden was aggressive, but he was going for the lead at Long Beach.

I think Franchitti just got mad because a rookie was gonna pass him for the lead. And then the officials don't do a thing about it, as usual. Rolling Eyes
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Just show us what happened already! Rolling Eyes
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I did notice that Dario didn't give Newgarden that much room, I still think he shouldn't have been aggressive though, despite seeing some drivers passing on the outside later on. Just my point of view. Speaking of Dario, I honestly think there might be some kind of mechanical/electrical problem with his car being that people have been flying by him on Shoreline Drive. And most importantly, what kind of restart was that?? Scary moment for Marco.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Get the fuck out, Dallara, all you've done is left a bigger window open for more people to get killed. -_-

Dario, I know you're one of the greats, but you're not driving like you are one of the greats. You've reverted back to your pre-99 crash-happy self.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpineopossum Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Rough day for ConMan.
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next