Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

+51
SpeedDemon37
24batista24
RetrogradeRenegade
Nascar9fan
crl
Cardinals5
antknee
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
teamwhiper
Alpineopossum
RyanB06
Milan655
Racerfan275
Tanrar
AntmanB
TheRealNathNath
pepsibottle1
Ceej
Dan Mackay
tommykl
GamerAzuzu
FlashRod4
f1fan12
pennst24
conrail1990
Magus978
Kornography
BBoy
JMac525
Jason Hamilton
racingfreak1999
gwoodard41
Cynon
PackerMan71
Blake Camphausen
Mystrsyko
F1V1
Vincent Giacalone
RealRacer4
Ben Atkins
Mother of Invention
day500champ1
bartman97
flyingturns89
Chives2112
Alta
Syzygy
Rykia
BWard
navycook75
Sparkz47
55 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by flyingturns89 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 am

navycook75 wrote:
JMac525 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:I don't care if it's an April Fools joke, but Toonami is on....

What?! Shocked That was a good percentage of my childhood!
it was a good percentage of all of our childhoods, and it's back for one day, which sucks, but maybe with this Cartoon Network might wake the hell up and bring it back....

Well, they are bringing back a series of shows in repeats in a cartoon block in a few days, shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, I don't know how successful it will be though, since it's hosted by Brak and Zorak. (Which I hated that show.)
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)

Post by navycook75 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:18 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
JMac525 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:I don't care if it's an April Fools joke, but Toonami is on....

What?! Shocked That was a good percentage of my childhood!
it was a good percentage of all of our childhoods, and it's back for one day, which sucks, but maybe with this Cartoon Network might wake the hell up and bring it back....

Well, they are bringing back a series of shows in repeats in a cartoon block in a few days, shows like Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, I don't know how successful it will be though, since it's hosted by Brak and Zorak. (Which I hated that show.)
it could be working, this is the first time I've watched Cartoon Network in 5-6 years....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:37 am

Tommykl is my hero

I am Eurobrun, if you were wondering.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:40 am

I'm still up on the best day ever!
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:44 am

Derek Dudding was in my dream last night, and he wrecked the whole field.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 am

Powerpuff Girls can stay dead. It was the one piece of crap on the Toonami lineup.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah, PPG is for little girls and pedobears, if you are a guy or were a young boy and watched it... No
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Yeah, PPG is for little girls and pedobears, if you are a guy or were a young boy and watched it... No

It wasn't funny or entertaining. That was the problem with it.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Yeah, PPG is for little girls and pedobears, if you are a guy or were a young boy and watched it... No
at least it's not a brony
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:53 am

Well, the two are related, technically speaking...
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:14 am

on an unrelated note.

Today marks 19 years since Alan Kulwicki died.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 am

navycook75 wrote:on an unrelated note.

Today marks 19 years since Alan Kulwicki died.

Since that is the case, I post this is memory of a great champion.

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:Harmful or not, a law is a law.

Nearly 300,000 people are medically legal to smoke in Michigan, and everyone pays $200 a year to the state to continue their cards. That's $60 million a year for our state in revenue just from card registration. Yet, our politicians are so f****** daft that somehow our state is still dirt poor and every single card holder still faces the risk of spending a night in jail because our state police don't even have the equipment to verify that our cards are legitimate.

I'd like to say our federal government and it's candidates are a little bit more sane, but I'd be lying through my teeth. Before you vote for Mitt Romney, know that he tied his family dog to the top of his car and took it on a 12 hour ride from Boston all the way into Ontario. The dog was so traumatized it excreted all over the top and sides of the car. Inhumane, and also illegal in Massachusetts.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:
F1V1 wrote:Didn't want to overshadow Edd's untimely death, but...

http://stopthedrugwar.com/chronicle/2012/mar/24/michigan_father_killed_marijuana

This wholesomely backs my beliefs that at least 50% of United States law enforcement don't even deserve the clothes on their back let alone a job.
This backs my belief that just because the police killed someone doesn't mean they were wrong in doing so

It's not like the guy killed anyone himself. Punishment did NOT fit the crime.
If you try to attack a law enforcement officer with a weapon you can expect to be shot in self defense. The fact that he died from the officer's self defense actions is unfortunate and tragic, but that doesn't make the officer at fault, nor does it mean he did anything wrong
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Mystrsyko wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:
F1V1 wrote:Didn't want to overshadow Edd's untimely death, but...

http://stopthedrugwar.com/chronicle/2012/mar/24/michigan_father_killed_marijuana

This wholesomely backs my beliefs that at least 50% of United States law enforcement don't even deserve the clothes on their back let alone a job.
This backs my belief that just because the police killed someone doesn't mean they were wrong in doing so

It's not like the guy killed anyone himself. Punishment did NOT fit the crime.
If you try to attack a law enforcement officer with a weapon you can expect to be shot in self defense. The fact that he died from the officer's self defense actions is unfortunate and tragic, but that doesn't make the officer at fault, nor does it mean he did anything wrong

+2
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:59 pm

My point in posting the article was that they shouldn't have been there in the first place. Why does it even seem justified to take the man's 3 year old son away from him just because he smoked pot? It doesn't cause crazed behavior like alcohol and prescription drugs, in fact it prevents it for most people that need that kind of extra help.

IF, and only IF, he actually did lunge at police first with a weapon present, the cop did have the right to shoot him. It would have been more appropriate to taser and restrain him when his son was standing there watching the whole thing.
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:40 pm

DCFS will take a child away for just about any reason, mostly because in a few cases children have been killed because they didn't intervene quickly enough. An officer is always required when removing a child from a home, because parents tend to get...violent, and the last thing we need is lots of cut up DCFS workers.

I'm sure the officer wishes he could have tased him, seeing as they are really into that sort of thing, but when someone lunges at you with a potentially deadly weapon your first instinct is not "lets be gentle, his kid is watching." The officer behaved exactly correctly for the situation he was put in.

The reasons for DCFS being sent there in the first place may be up for debate, but I refuse to sympathize with this man for any reason. Firstly, he is a drug user, and legal in the state or not, it is still a violation of federal law, and secondly because he attempted to attack a law enforcement officer. There are many, many legal ways he could have handled the situation and attempting to stab someone is not one of them.
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:09 am

Mystrsyko wrote:I'm sure the officer wishes he could have tased him, seeing as they are really into that sort of thing, but when someone lunges at you with a potentially deadly weapon your first instinct is not "lets be gentle, his kid is watching." The officer behaved exactly correctly for the situation he was put in.

Taser's can kill you too you know.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:15 am

Laser surgery tomorrow. That'll be fun.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 am

bartman97 wrote:
Mystrsyko wrote:I'm sure the officer wishes he could have tased him, seeing as they are really into that sort of thing, but when someone lunges at you with a potentially deadly weapon your first instinct is not "lets be gentle, his kid is watching." The officer behaved exactly correctly for the situation he was put in.

Taser's can kill you too you know.

IF the person being tased has an underlying health condition, which is strangely left off of any story about someone dying after being tased.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:39 am

It was completely unnecessary for them to attempt removing the child from his home. All they needed was a calm, collected investigation without CPS getting involved to see that the child was in no real danger. But no, they chose the typical hog route and essentially raided him to get him worked up, then they had an excuse to barge in with the CPS. I'm not condoning his behavior, but police officers are more often than not guilty of getting way out of line and this case was no different.

The people that define marijuana as a "drug" are the ones who clearly don't understand anything about it. It's a plant, it grows and blooms exactly like a tomato plant. There's no unsafe chemicals or additives involved. You might as well start removing kids from homes if their parents serve vegetables for dinner.

Federal law? r0fl. What a joke. Your own government would rather take your money from alcohol and pill consumption and watch you kill yourselves doing it. If it's such a big deal to them in the first place, why are they letting states approve access to something they consider "illegal"?

F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystrsyko Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am

DCFS (or CPS in some states) is so quick to jump on cases because they have thousands of angry parents chasing them down every time someone kills their own kids. An investigation was warranted in this case because of the allegation of illegal activity in the child's home. Had the father complied instead of threatening police, the investigation should have turned up nothing. Again, it was his actions that lead to more severe action on the part of law enforcement/DCFS.

Then again, DCFS will remove a child for almost no reason at all, for reasons i have mentioned already. Let me tell you story that actually happened to me.

About two years ago, my little brother mentioned to a classmate that he didn't like that my dad drank all the time. His teacher overheard, and being a good teacher mentioned it to her superiors and asked for advice on how to handle it herself. She was told that it would be handled for her.

A week later, a DCFS case worked showed up informing us that we were to be investigated due to my father's alcoholism. Their investigation turned up two red flags: my father's drinking problem, and our messy house, both of which they determined to be "unsafe living conditions for the child". We ended up working out a deal with them that instead of my brother ending up in foster care, he would stay with relatives until we could clean up our house and return it to "safe" living conditions. It took more than a year for them to finally close the case against us. True story

And with that, I will end my participation in this particular discussion, because I have said all that I feel needs to be said
Mystrsyko
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 am

Hooray for the nanny state! Remember: if the government doesn't do it, or won't take care of it for you (including yourself), who will? /sarcasm.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm

I think a lot of the reason government offices are doing what their doing is because they are put into a damned if they do and damned if they don't kind of situation.

First of all, I don't like people who do drugs, weed or otherwise that's just my opinion. And I do have an uncle who has the legal right to smoke it (medical card). However, I do believe that someone has the right to do what they wish inside their own home (illegal or otherwise). How many people on here play cards with friends? That's illegal gambling.

As I said earlier and I think we stated it second time, anybody who threats an officer with any type of weapon or something that can be interpreted as a weapon is going to get shot. That is an officer is taught. Duff, I see why you're upset and honestly CPS was probably not going about it the right way. But, I can't disagree with the officer's actions.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:38 pm

day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:46 pm

On the bright side of things, today's is Nyan Cat's 1st birthday! The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 PoptartFINALTINYleft
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Nyan cat was uploaded April 5th...
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by F1V1 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't judge people based on their personal likes and dislikes until I get to know that person. I've met drug addicts that get strung out on the likes of heroin and ketamine who are probably some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. This also doesn't change the fact that there are bad people in the world who do drugs too. I respect your opinions fully and everyone is different, but disliking someone for smoking or using drugs is pretty much like judging people by the clothes they wear or the music they listen to.

Even though I feel there was a better alternative, I agree with the officer's actions 100%. From his perspective, it could easily have been a matter of life or death and he had every right to defend himself in that manner. What irritates me the most about this situation is that the CPS found it necessary to take this little boy away from his safe and secure childhood because his dad was known to smoke, and legally at that.

The government is the government. Though the people control who goes into the government, the government themselves are responsible for taking care of situations belonging to the 50 states they overlook. If it's federally illegal, states shouldn't have been allowed to approve people for it in the first place. That's like saying, "if you bribe the state with $200 per year, you're legal to run red lights at your own discretion. However, if we catch you running red lights, your $200 fee means nothing and you face the risk of fines and imprisonment."
F1V1
F1V1
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:34 pm

F1V1 wrote:I don't judge people based on their personal likes and dislikes until I get to know that person. I've met drug addicts that get strung out on the likes of heroin and ketamine who are probably some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. This also doesn't change the fact that there are bad people in the world who do drugs too. I respect your opinions fully and everyone is different, but disliking someone for smoking or using drugs is pretty much like judging people by the clothes they wear or the music they listen to.

I agree, I had 2 people get kicked out of the Navy for doing Spice, and yet they were my closest friends....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:35 pm

I know we're currently in a heated discussion about, well, whatever it is now, but thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the shooting at the Oikos University in California. At this point, seven have died and three others have been wounded, but the gunman is in custody.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:04 am

The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 21lqulj who knew Tom was such a celebrity....
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 am

For once I actually passed every subject at school
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:34 am

Kornography wrote:Nyan cat was uploaded April 5th...

If you went to nyan.cat, the site would've told you that it was Nyan Cat's birthday.
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

#8 most viewed on TM Pedia? I don't know what to say...

Cool

The Squirtle World Order is indeed, taking over!
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Happy 15th birthday Casey Lester!
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Magus978 wrote:The Squirtle World Order is indeed, taking over!

I have lost all hope in humanity The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 3639775017
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus978 Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

conrail1990 wrote:

I have lost all hope in humanity The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 3639775017

Not that there was any hope in humanity to begin with... Razz

Last edited by Magus978 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lul)
Magus978
Magus978
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Sandusky World Order...that is all.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm starting to would if someone is going to create a World Order World Order.
Probably not it would destroy all.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Watching this video will literally blow your mind. I saw this video with a couple of my friends today. Pretty crazy stuff.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:51 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:Watching this video will literally blow your mind. I saw this video with a couple of my friends today. Pretty crazy stuff.
with that kind of wind speed going through that windmill, I can get 1.21 jiggawatts out if it.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:Watching this video will literally blow your mind. I saw this video with a couple of my friends today. Pretty crazy stuff.

That was surprisingly awesome.
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 am

BBoy wrote:
Kornography wrote:Nyan cat was uploaded April 5th...

If you went to nyan.cat, the site would've told you that it was Nyan Cat's birthday.

well I go by the upload date, kthnx
Kornography
Kornography

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:07 pm

Lots of birthdays coming up, must make sure Herman don't get involved! *facepalm* oops Herman ain't coming anyway.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:Lots of birthdays coming up, must make sure Herman don't get involved! *facepalm* oops Herman ain't coming anyway.

You know I haven't fed him yet. The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 215644238
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:18 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:Lots of birthdays coming up, must make sure Herman don't get involved! *facepalm* oops Herman ain't coming anyway.

You know I haven't fed him yet. The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 215644238

You going to though? Hehehehehehehehehe...
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:36 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:

You going to though? Hehehehehehehehehe...

We have some carcasses from old EFR...but they're probably rotten by now.

**POST #777 YEAH The Random Discussion Thread (RDT) - Page 2 4276145973 ...NOW, WHERE'S MY INVINCIBILITY?**

EDIT: Missed 777. Oh well.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm

I'll be on that list in 4 days.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Hamilton Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 am

You know there is something wrong when even a school dodgeball competition is rigged.
Jason Hamilton
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:23 am

He can have some of my Birthday cake, Im just angry that Ben is two days older than me. Razz
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next