Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED

+5
RealRacer4
flyingturns89
conrail1990
Cynon
crl
9 posters

Go down

Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED Empty Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED

Post by crl Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Note: This would be different from Fox Sports Net, which is just the umbrella name for a bunch of regional sports networks.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/march/fox-and-newscorp-may-challenge-espn-with-national-sports-channel.html
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED Empty Re: Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED

Post by Cynon Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm not sure if I get FuelTV to be honest, but I don't get why you'd move all of Speed's content to Fuel and get rid of Speed, unless FuelTV is rebranded as Speed. The position on the dial is a very powerful thing, you know...

Am I surprised by this move? No, it's a smart move by the broadcaster to compete with ESPN. It's not a huge loss anyway because aside from F1 and NASCAR Trucks, there really isn't anything worth watching on Speed... at least Car Warriors can get out.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED Empty Re: Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED

Post by conrail1990 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm

Cynon wrote: there really isn't anything worth watching on Speed... at least Car Warriors can get out.
There are diehard Barrett Jackson fans out there.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 pm

conrail1990 wrote:
Cynon wrote: there really isn't anything worth watching on Speed... at least Car Warriors can get out.
There are diehard Barrett Jackson fans out there.

I'm not one of them.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Was I the only who read this and thought, "What the heck is FuelTV?"
flyingturns89
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Gotta love FOX for corrupting SPEED Channel, formerly known as Speedvision, but considering how crappy that channel has been in the past couple of years, it's not much of a surprise.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bartman97 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Was I the only who read this and thought, "What the heck is FuelTV?"

Snowboarding/skateboarding/surfing and other things related to that is on FuelTV, cause I remember skipping through it a few times when I had foxtel.
bartman97
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 pm

bartman97 wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:Was I the only who read this and thought, "What the heck is FuelTV?"

Snowboarding/skateboarding/surfing and other things related to that is on FuelTV, cause I remember skipping through it a few times when I had foxtel.

It's also home to a program called UFC Tonight, hosted by this jackass:

http://www.themtn.tv/06/17/11/Todd-Harris---Play-By-Play-Announcer-Sho/landing.html?blockID=535647&feedID=2942
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Um, speed will still exist, its just that fueltv would go away and ufc would just go to fx anyways.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Or you make Fuel TV the new Sports Channel... but hey... that makes too much sense.

My question is, if this goes through, would F1 stick with wherever Speed goes, or would it go on the sports channel?
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

PYLrulz wrote:Or you make Fuel TV the new Sports Channel... but hey... that makes too much sense.

My question is, if this goes through, would F1 stick with wherever Speed goes, or would it go on the sports channel?

Let me Tweet Varsha on that. He might not have an answer right now, but I know he'll keep an eye out.
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:11 am

PYLrulz wrote:Or you make Fuel TV the new Sports Channel... but hey... that makes too much sense.

ESPN Razz
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:23 am

f1fan12 wrote:

ESPN Razz

If it's motorsports programming hadn't went to pot, I would be for it. Make me relive my childhood years, watching ESPN every other Sunday morning to watch the F1 races
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Tweeted Varsha. He replied that the report he read had the new network replacing FuelTV, and SPEED staying where it was.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Fox might turn SPEED into News Corp's new national sports channel, convert FuelTV into SPEED NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down