Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Pre-Race Thread

4 posters

Go down

Ohio Pre-Race Thread Empty Ohio Pre-Race Thread

Post by Cynon Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Griffith Standing in for Whitmore

Team Saar USA confirmed that their reserve driver, Anthony Griffith, would be replacing Mike Whitmore for the Round of Ohio. The team did not appeal Whitmore's suspension.

Mummert Called Up to Race in Watts's Place

Modified driver Kraig Mummert will be in the 2011 Round of Ohio in place of Woody Watts in the #6 Delano Bolden. Mummert will make his first TM Master Cup Series start and will drive the #6 car for most of the remaining races. The team has suggested that Carlos Donzelo or Jose Luis Martinez may get a run in the car in the future if a race emerges that conflicts with Mummert's modified schedule.

Carrington Changes Car #29 to #99

Trevor Carrington Racing announced that its #29 car will be renumbered to #99. The team did not give a reason for this change. However, it is possible that Leslie Riggs's crash motivated the highly superstitious Trevor Carrington to change the number of the car to #99. A driver and sponsor have not been announced for the newly-rechristened #99 car.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ohio Pre-Race Thread Empty Re: Ohio Pre-Race Thread

Post by Alpineopossum Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Taylor interested in Carrington ride

Cameron Taylor is interested in driving the Carrington #99 at his home race in Ohio. Taylor brings in sponsorship from Applebee's, which wants to have brand exposure in the Master Cup series and is willing to pay a large sum of money to get the driver they sponsor in the VERC into the series.

"I would love this opportunity, and I believe I can get a good finish for Trevor Carrington Racing".
Alpineopossum
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:39 pm

PACKER TO RUN THE REMAINING AMERICAN TMMC ROUNDS, READY FOR THE ROUND OF OHIO

It has recently been confirmed that, with the exception of Indy and Decatur, Packer will run the remaining American rounds of the 2011 TM Master Cup Series season, which would be Ohio, Wisconsin, Grand Detour, and Michigan, while Divina Henton will drive the #1 in the two Canadian rounds of Quebec and British Columbia and the round of Brazil. Alexis Rainsford will return to drive at Indianapolis, Japan, and the season finale at Decatur where she will make her final farewell. Packer will still attempt to qualify for Indy and Decatur in the #28 Volpi.

But in the meantime, Packer has put a ton of focus into the upcoming TMMC race, which is taking place in his home state of Ohio. It is the first TMMC event in the Buckeye State since 2007, when Mansfield hosted the semi-final TMMC race. When he was interviewed, it was clear that this race was a big deal to him.

PACKER: This is probably, without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest race of my career. This is the first time I'm racing a TM Master Cup race in my home state, and I'm really excited. To me, a win in Ohio would be the equivalent of winning the Karjala Grand Prix. It is that big a deal to me. Anything less than a win, or a podium at the very least, this weekend would be a major disappointment.

Even Rush McCloud, Packer's business partner and crew chief, was surprised at how much focus Packer has put into this race.

RUSH: He has been looking forward to this race all year. It's obvious this race means a lot to him, so we're gonna do our very best to Packer on the podium, and hopefully, the top step. That would be the ultimate thrill.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crl Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Mummert ready for the big time

It took an injury to a friend and a teammate, but Kraig Mummert is ready to make his debut in the TM Master Cup Series this weekend in the season's 11th round in Ohio.

Mummert previously failed to pre-qualify for this year's Karjala Grand Prix in Bolden's 3rd car. Before Woody Watts' crash and subsequent injuries, Mummert's next scheduled attempt to start was the Indianapolis round.

"This opportunity comes at a terrible occurrence, but I've waited my whole life to step into a TM Master Cup car for a big race," Mummert said from his Murfreesboro, Tennessee home. "My dream is about to come true, and I know that this is something I have to take advantage of."

Fred Caldwell, owner of Middle Tennessee Motorsports, whom Mummert drove and won for in the CRL Modified Division, couldn't be prouder.

"Kraig's goal has always been TM Master Cup. This is the ultimate for any racer in this country. I'm happy for him to get this opportunity, although you hate to get it the way he got it, but things happen."

Mummert is on loan to Bolden from MT Motorsports, but Caldwell says as long as the team needs Mummert, he can race for them.

"I don't really have anything for him to do right now. I don't want to get in the way of him living his dream."

Mummert's wife, fellow racer Jennifer Putnam, will serve as her husband's spotter like she always has. This is something they've been waiting for since the day they met.

"I've always rooted for Kraig to get to the big time," she says. "This is a chance that we're going to make the best of."

Mummert says his goals are simple: finish well, and if the chance comes, win.

Josef Newgarden's #1 Tennessee-based EFR fan.
EFR's #1 fan of Karen Gillan and Milana Vayntrub.
Ohio Pre-Race Thread NM14-Wallpapers-LewisS_Android_320x480
crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 am

Taylor to Make Debut for TCR, Olsen to Run Quincy

Trevor Carrington Racing announced that 21 year old Cameron Taylor will make his TM Master Cup Series debut in Ohio, and will also run the Round of Wisconsin as well. Taylor brings backing from Applebee's, but the car will also carry sponsorship from Joe Tree and Lawn Care, in part due to teammate Dan Mackay.

Taylor, who is unrelated to 2004 TM Master Cup champion Matt Taylor, only received his Master License after completing the required testing mileage earlier in the week. Despite that, there are fears amongst some of his competitors that Cameron will be out of his depth.

Swede Erik Olsen was slated to run the TCR #99 car, however it is understood that Olsen will run Quincy, Indianapolis, and Michigan instead.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down