Malaysian GP

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Malaysian GP

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:44 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
AntmanB wrote:And BTW, i think for those who live in North America, we all deserve Driver of the race for being up at 6 AM Central/7 AM Eastern. lol

Fixed. I was thinking of sleeping before the race but decided to get sleep between the F1 and Indy Car races but considering how long this race dragged on for, I might as well stay up. lol.

You're lucky. I had broomball practice this morning, so I took a nap from about 11 until 3, watched some of the race, did practice, then went back to sleep afterwords

Cynon wrote:Vettel Rages at Karthikeyan.

Damnit Vettel!!! IT'S CABBAGE!!! NOT CUCUMBER!!!
PYLrulz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:42 am

RealRacer4 wrote:Sergio Perez=soooooooo freaking close. Other than that, he has officially made a name for himself, as for Bruno Senna, who finished 6th! Once again, Kimi moves up ten spots to finish 5th. Once again, exciting race, apart from the Safety Car, red flag B.S.

Bruno Senna doesn't have to make a name for himself. He has the money and the name to be in F1 till the day he dies in all honesty, although a very nice guy.

Perez would not have challenged Alonso for the lead either way, he's driving to earn a place for Ferrari. Not only is he a Ferrari driver, but he also drives for a team partially funded by Ferrari. Peter Sauber wouldn't have let it. The showing he gave today was good enough so that he is almost the confirmed driver to replace Massa (who won't last any further than Shanghai).
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:26 pm

If they pull the Massa/Perez move. Who do you guys think gets the Sauber seat. Gutierrez is their reserve driver but would he be ready for F1?
Alta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:39 pm

The driver's profile from the Sauber team site:

2008-1st place Formula BMW Europe, seven wins in 16 races, three poles; 3rd place Formula BMW World Final in Mexico City; Formula Master races in Imola and German Formula 3 Championship in Oschersleben; test drives Formula 3 Euro Series

2009-9th place Formula 3 Euro Series (ART Grand Prix Team); test drives Formula One (BMW Sauber F1 Team) and GP2 (Teams ART and Arden)

2010-1st place GP3 Series (ART), five wins, nine podium places, three poles; affiliated driver at Sauber Motorsport for Formula One, one test day

2011-13th place GP2 Series (Lotus ART), one win (Race 2 in Valencia), one 2nd place (Race 2 in Budapest); 11th place GP2 Asia (Lotus ART); test and reserve driver for the Sauber F1 Team, two F1 test days at the Young Driver Days

2012-GP2 Series (Lotus ART); test and reserve driver for the Sauber F1 Team

He sure has SOME experience driving in GP2 and F1. He won a couple of championships in a couple of series prior to prove it. Though, I have a feeling Sauber might look for another driver but I'm not sure who though.

RealRacer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Alta wrote:If they pull the Massa/Perez move. Who do you guys think gets the Sauber seat. Gutierrez is their reserve driver but would he be ready for F1?

Kevin Conway.

pennst24
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Alta wrote:If they pull the Massa/Perez move. Who do you guys think gets the Sauber seat. Gutierrez is their reserve driver but would he be ready for F1?

From what I've seen, he looks good. Able to fight from 10th or below, and end up in 5th or higher without doing anything stupid.
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Milan655 wrote:

From what I've seen, he looks good. Able to fight from 10th or below, and end up in 5th or higher without doing anything stupid.

The question is would he want to. In GP2 so far this season, he's scored more points in two races than he did all of last year. With that kind of a start to the season, he might want to finish out his year in GP2.
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 am

flyingturns89 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

The question is would he want to. In GP2 so far this season, he's scored more points in two races than he did all of last year. With that kind of a start to the season, he might want to finish out his year in GP2.

True, but on the flipside, most all in sports dream to make it to the top level in what they do, not second highest or such.
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:29 am

PYLrulz wrote:
flyingturns89 wrote:
Milan655 wrote:

True, but on the flipside, most all in sports dream to make it to the top level in what they do, not second highest or such.

The question is, what's more important to him? The top series, or the championship in a B-Series?
flyingturns89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:38 pm

If you have the chance to be one of the top 24 drivers in the world, would you refuse it?
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Milan655 wrote:If you have the chance to be one of the top 24 drivers in the world, would you refuse it?

Exactly. Yeah, it would be nice competiting for a championship in a lower level series, but if it would make sense for me to go up to a higher level and learn some more, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And besides, the Saubers have shown to be good rides to start this season, so it's not like you would be throing him into a HRT or a Marussia.
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Milan655 wrote:If you have the chance to be one of the top 24 drivers in the world, would you refuse it?

Exactly. Yeah, it would be nice competiting for a championship in a lower level series, but if it would make sense for me to go up to a higher level and learn some more, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

And besides, the Saubers have shown to be good rides to start this season, so it's not like you would be throing him into a HRT or a Marussia.
The problem is that with the testing ban, he wouldn't be on the pace at all this season, and everyone knows that Formula 1 tends to have a short attention span. A straight move could potentially kill his career, which is the main reason why I think Pérez should wait for next year to move to Ferrari. He would take some time to get used to the car and turn into a number 2 to Alonso by default, and once you're in that kind of position, it's very hard to get out of it.

Also, Karthikeyan is an effing legend.
tommykl
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:01 pm

pennst24 wrote:

Kevin Conway.

YEEESSSSS!

Men, meet the Sauber Extenze F1 Team
pepsibottle1
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm

tommykl wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:

The problem is that with the testing ban, he wouldn't be on the pace at all this season, and everyone knows that Formula 1 tends to have a short attention span. A straight move could potentially kill his career, which is the main reason why I think Pérez should wait for next year to move to Ferrari. He would take some time to get used to the car and turn into a number 2 to Alonso by default, and once you're in that kind of position, it's very hard to get out of it.

Isn't there a test session after Bahrain?
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tommykl on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 am

PYLrulz wrote:
tommykl wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:

Isn't there a test session after Bahrain?
There is, but the running time a driver could get in that session won't be enough to adapt to a car. While all the other drivers have already had pre-season testing and the first four races to get used to the cars and set them up, it will take him until around five races afterwards to get up to speed. A possible solution would be to evaluate him by letting him run a couple of Friday Practice sessions, but even that might not be enough. Look at Daniel Ricciardo last season. Were he not part of the Red Bull programme, he wouldn't have a drive this year.
tommykl
Champion
Champion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 am

Whether or not Perez joins Ferrari, Massa will be no part by the end of the Chinese GP. If Perez does not join, than it will more likely be Kubica.
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:54 am

Milan655 wrote:Whether or not Perez joins Ferrari, Massa will be no part by the end of the Chinese GP. If Perez does not join, than it will more likely be Kubica.

Is he even ready to race yet?!?
PYLrulz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:30 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Milan655 wrote:Whether or not Perez joins Ferrari, Massa will be no part by the end of the Chinese GP. If Perez does not join, than it will more likely be Kubica.

Let alone will he be able to return to pre-crash form?
pepsibottle1
Legend
Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:11 am

pepsibottle1 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:

Let alone will he be able to return to pre-crash form?

Ferrari won't care. They've been trying to get Kubica since 2010.
Milan655

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top