2012 Royal Purple 300

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Mother of Invention on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:55 pm

1 01 Mike Wallace Johnny Davis Newt Moore 12 Chevrolet G&K Services
2 2 Elliott Sadler Delana Harvick Luke Lambert 12 Chevrolet Pierre Drive-Thru
3 3 Austin Dillon Morgan Shepherd Danny Stockman Jr. 12 Chevrolet Advocare
4 4 Daryl Harr Rusty Wallace Patrick Magee 12 Chevrolet iWorld
5 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Jack Roush Michael Kelley 12 Ford Roush Fenway Racing
6 7 Danica Patrick Kelly Earnhardt Miller Tony Eury Jr. 12 Chevrolet GoDaddy.com
7 08 Tim Andrews Randy Hill George Ingram 12 Ford Randy Hill Racing
8 09 Kenny Wallace Robby Benton Scott Zipadella 12 Toyota TBA
9 10 Jeff Green Mark Smith Todd Myers 12 Toyota TBD
10 11 Brian Scott JD Gibbs Kevin Kidd 11 Toyota Dollar General
11 12 Sam Hornish Jr. Roger Penske Chad Water 12 Dodge Alliance Truck Parts
12 14 Eric McClure Mark Smith Wes Ward 12 Toyota Hefty Black Out / Reynolds Wrap
13 18 Joey Logano(i) Joe Gibbs Adam Stevens 12 Toyota Translux
14 19 Tayler Malsam Mark Smith Eddie Pardue 12 Toyota G-Oil
15 22 Brad Keselowski(i) [PC 1] Roger Penske Jeremy Bullins 12 Dodge Discount Tire
16 23 Robert Richardson Jr. Robert Richardson Sr. Greg Conner 12 Chevrolet North TX Pipe
17 24 Benny Gordon Jason Sciavicco Dave Fuge 12 Toyota Kentucky Antler Company/VSI
18 27 TBA* [withdrawn] Steve Meehan Wayne Grubb 12 Ford GCMI
19 28 JJ Yeley(i) Jay Robinson Jeff Spraker 12 Chevrolet TBA
20 30 James Buescher(i) Harry Scott Jr. Trent Owens 12 Chevrolet Deft Fininshings
21 31 Justin Allgaier Sandra Turner Jimmy Elledge 12 Chevrolet Brandt
22 33 Brendan Gaughan(i) Delana Harvick Ernie Cope 12 Chevrolet South Point Casino
23 38 Brad Sweet Steve Turner Mike Shiplett 12 Chevrolet Great Clips
24 39 Joey Gas Archie St Hilaire Clinton Cram 12 Ford Go Green Racing
25 40 Erik Darnell Curtis Key Gary Showalter 12 Chevrolet Curtis Key Plumbing
26 41 Blake Koch Rick Ware Chris Wright 12 Ford Rise Up and Register
27 42 Josh Wise(i) Curtis Key Mike Sroufe 12 Chevrolet Curtis Key Plumbing
28 43 Michael Annett Sandra Turner Philippe Lopez 12 Ford Pilot/Flying J
29 44 Mike Bliss Mark Smith Paul Clapprood 12 Toyota TBA
30 46 Chase Miller Curtis Key Ben Williams 12 Chevrolet Curtis Key Plumbing
31 47 Scott Speed(i) Curtis Key Clint Myrick 12 Chevrolet Curtis Key Plumbing
32 50 TJ Bell Rusty Wallace Mark Zakalowski 12 Chevrolet TBA
33 51 Jeremy Clements Tony Clements Ricky Pearson 10 Chevrolet Chevrolet Clements Automotive
34 52 Tim Schendel Jimmy Means Tim Brown 12 Chevrolet Metro Ministries
35 54 Kyle Busch(i) [PC2] Kyle Busch Mike Beam 12 Toyota Monster Energy
36 60 Trevor Bayne Jack Roush Chad Norris 12 Ford Roush Fenway Racing
37 70 Johanna Long Mary Louise Miller Mark Gutekunst 12 Chevrolet TBA
38 81 Jason Bowles Gina MacDonald John Monsam 12 Toyota American Majority
39 87 Joe Nemechek Andrea Nemechek Gary Cogswell 12 Toyota AM/FM Energy Wood & Pellet
40 88 Cole Whitt Dale Earnhardt Jr. Tony Eury Sr. 12 Chevrolet Tax Slayer.com
41 89 Morgan Shepherd Morgan Shepherd Gary Ravan 11 Chevrolet TBA

40 Cars.........
avatar
Mother of Invention
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2413
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BWard on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm

40 cars starting a Natiowide Race? I do not understand that...
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:18 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:40 cars starting a Natiowide Race? I do not understand that...

I do not understand why you don't understand that. Nationwide is way more expensive than cup because of the new car and the fact that it is on the west coast is very expensive for teams.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BWard on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Well it's just kinda odd seeing a Natiowide grid for one race as less than 40 cars. This also means that no one will even fail to qualify, which is eater good for those underfunded teams to say the least.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Cynon on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:34 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:40 cars starting a Natiowide Race? I do not understand that...

I do not understand why you don't understand that. Nationwide is way more expensive than cup because of the new car and the fact that it is on the west coast is very expensive for teams.

Considering he's not from the States, I think it's excusable that he doesn't know the locations of all the the tracks and what all the states in the United States are. So I do know why he wouldn't get that.

Most of the NASCAR teams (all but Furniture Row, I believe) are based on the East Coast of the United States (specifically in and around Charlotte, North Carolina). Fontana is basically all the way on the other side of the country. Most of the Cup teams have enough money to make that cross-country trek, because even if they finish poorly, the prize money is adequate.

The Nationwide teams have the same transportation costs, a more expensive car (assuming that the team can afford to have a spare), but with a smaller purse. See where the problem arises?

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:44 pm

Cynon wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:40 cars starting a Natiowide Race? I do not understand that...

I do not understand why you don't understand that. Nationwide is way more expensive than cup because of the new car and the fact that it is on the west coast is very expensive for teams.

Considering he's not from the States, I think it's excusable that he doesn't know the locations of all the the tracks and what all the states in the United States are. So I do know why he wouldn't get that.

Most of the NASCAR teams (all but Furniture Row, I believe) are based on the East Coast of the United States (specifically in and around Charlotte, North Carolina). Fontana is basically all the way on the other side of the country. Most of the Cup teams have enough money to make that cross-country trek, because even if they finish poorly, the prize money is adequate.

The Nationwide teams have the same transportation costs, a more expensive car (assuming that the team can afford to have a spare), but with a smaller purse. See where the problem arises?

Which is why we have drivers like Timmy Hill in the Sprint Cup Series before they're ready.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BWard on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:47 pm

To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:49 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

In the last year or so, this has been a recurring theme in the Trucks and Nationwide, particularlly bad in Trucks.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Chives2112 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:52 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

In the last year or so, this has been a recurring theme in the Trucks and Nationwide, particularlly bad in Trucks.
I think it was a Truck race in Iowa last year that only had 29 or 30 trucks.
avatar
Chives2112
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Cynon on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm

BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

My point was that if you didn't I wouldn't blame you. I don't expect people who don't live anywhere near the United States to know where places in America are.

In like 2008 or something like that there were only 41 cars entered for a race at Milwaukee, and about six of them were start and parkers.


_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by navycook75 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

In the last year or so, this has been a recurring theme in the Trucks and Nationwide, particularlly bad in Trucks.
I think it was a Truck race in Iowa last year that only had 29 or 30 trucks.
and there was times in the early 90's where Winston Cup had 36 or less cars depending on the track...

I also remember the Busch Series having 45 cars in a few races in the 90's too....
avatar
navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 4906
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Cynon on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:00 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
PKligBKFan wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

In the last year or so, this has been a recurring theme in the Trucks and Nationwide, particularlly bad in Trucks.
I think it was a Truck race in Iowa last year that only had 29 or 30 trucks.
and there was times in the early 90's where Winston Cup had 36 or less cars depending on the track...

I also remember the Busch Series having 45 cars in a few races in the 90's too....

Like that 46-car field for Daytona?

Back in the 1980s there used to be quite a few races with around 25 cars or so on some of the short tracks. It's not that far-fetched with the way lower-tier series in NASCAR are going...

If there's a race where only 25 cars intend to race, I'll count that, too.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Last year at Phoenix we had 40 in Nationwide, including five S&P's out before Lap 20. Busch won and led all 200 laps. Fail
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by bartman97 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Does it really matter if there's 30 cars or 43 cars?
avatar
bartman97
Legend
Legend

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by pennst24 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:03 pm

25 cars or 43 cars, its a stock car race at Fontana, its not going to be good anyway.... Rolling Eyes
avatar
pennst24
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Jason Hamilton on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:40 am

Cynon wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

My point was that if you didn't I wouldn't blame you. I don't expect people who don't live anywhere near the United States to know where places in America are.

In like 2008 or something like that there were only 41 cars entered for a race at Milwaukee, and about six of them were start and parkers.


Most of my knowlege about American geography I learnt from here.
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Champion
Champion

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 am

Go back to having the Nationwide series primarily be in the Southeast. Guarantee that helps get some decent fields, and not be short on the fields for a race or two.
avatar
PYLrulz
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Entry list is up two entries. Mike Harmon's #74 will show up once again, along with John Jackson in the #72.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Sparkz47 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:28 pm

unknown user wrote:Most of my knowlege about American geography I learnt from here.

And most of my knowledge about Australian geography I learned from V8 Supercars.
avatar
Sparkz47
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Magus978 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:28 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Entry list is up two entries. Mike Harmon's #74 will show up once again, along with John Jackson in the #72.

And both will park after 2-6 laps.
avatar
Magus978
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2827
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : See the corpse in the corner? That's me!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:42 pm

unknown user wrote:
Cynon wrote:
BWardboy88 wrote:To be honest Cynon I do know where all tracks, since because I don't live in America I do find a bit weird that less than 43 cars are starting a Nationwide Race.

My point was that if you didn't I wouldn't blame you. I don't expect people who don't live anywhere near the United States to know where places in America are.

In like 2008 or something like that there were only 41 cars entered for a race at Milwaukee, and about six of them were start and parkers.


Most of my knowlege about American geography I learnt from here.

As least you didn't learn it from Rence. Laughing
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by bartman97 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
unknown user wrote:Most of my knowlege about American geography I learnt from here.

And most of my knowledge about Australian geography I learned from V8 Supercars.

And most of my knowledge about Australian geography I learned from myself.
avatar
bartman97
Legend
Legend

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Alta on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:52 pm

Most of my knowledge of geography I've learned in one of those...what do you call them....Learning centers.
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by AntmanB on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:41 pm

FUCKING SYDNEY Laughing
avatar
AntmanB
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Tanrar on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:08 pm

The capital of Australia is OBVIOUSLY Tasmania.
avatar
Tanrar
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1068
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by pepsibottle1 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 pm

A return to local short tracks would do the Nationwide series good. Like that's ever gonna happen though, lolololol
avatar
pepsibottle1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 844
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by RealRacer4 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:44 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:A return to local short tracks would do the Nationwide series good. Like that's ever gonna happen though, lolololol

*cough cough* NNS to IMS *cough*

RealRacer4
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:11 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
pepsibottle1 wrote:A return to local short tracks would do the Nationwide series good. Like that's ever gonna happen though, lolololol

*cough cough* NNS to IMS *cough*

Never considered a two and a half mile oval a short track. Rolling Eyes
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by RealRacer4 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:28 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:
pepsibottle1 wrote:A return to local short tracks would do the Nationwide series good. Like that's ever gonna happen though, lolololol

*cough cough* NNS to IMS *cough*

Never considered a two and a half mile oval a short track. Rolling Eyes

I was bringing it up as an example of NASCAR going away from short tracks to bigger tracks, thinking it'll help their series, just to clear some things up.

RealRacer4
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Part of the reason why the buschwhackers gained more of a presence in NWS was due to NASCAR consolidating most of the dates to coincide with the running of Winston Cup. Generally, the cup guys refrained from racing at Busch series only tracks and ran where both series were at the same track. Since NASCAR has moved away from the smaller tracks however, the Cup guys came in droves. Back in the day it was much less the case.

Thus the argument that "NASCAR is an ever growing sport and must expand it's marketplace". That's BS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. NASCAR should have heeded to that rule.
avatar
pepsibottle1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 844
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Mother of Invention on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:29 am

pepsibottle1 wrote:Part of the reason why the buschwhackers gained more of a presence in NWS was due to NASCAR consolidating most of the dates to coincide with the running of Winston Cup. Generally, the cup guys refrained from racing at Busch series only tracks and ran where both series were at the same track. Since NASCAR has moved away from the smaller tracks however, the Cup guys came in droves. Back in the day it was much less the case.

Thus the argument that "NASCAR is an ever growing sport and must expand it's marketplace". That's BS. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. NASCAR should have heeded to that rule.
The same thing happened 10 years ago to Nationwide. It recovered after a few years. Of course they lost a few tracks since then. (Memphis, Millwaukee, IRP) Hopefully places like Montreal, Road America and Iowa can make up for them.
avatar
Mother of Invention
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2413
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BBoy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Starting Lineup

1 - 18 Joey Logano
2 - 31 Justin Allgaier
3 - 22 Brad Keselowski
4 - 3 Austin Dillon
5 - 2 Elliott Sadler
6 - 09 Kenny Wallace
7 - 11 Brian Scott
8 - 33 Brendan Gaughan
9 - 60 Trevor Bayne
10 - 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
11 - 12 Sam Hornish Jr.
12 - 88 Cole Whitt
13 - 81 Jason Bowles
14 - 38 Brad Sweet
15 - 54 Kyle Busch
16 - 43 Michael Annett
17 - 30 James Buescher
18 - 44 Mike Bliss
19 - 01 Mike Wallace
20 - 87 Joe Nemechek
21 - 7 Danica Patrick
22 - 19 Tayler Malsam
23 - 47 Scott Speed
24 - 41 Blake Koch
25 - 14 Eric McClure
26 - 10 Jeff Green
27 - 50 TJ Bell
28 - 51 Jeremy Clements
29 - 08 Tim Andrews
30 - 42 Josh Wise
31 - 40 Erik Darnell
32 - 39 Joey Gase
33 - 24 Benny Gordon
34 - 52 Tim Schendel
35 - 23 Robert Richardson Jr.
36 - 46 Chase Miller
37 - 89 Morgan Shepherd
38 - 28 Kevin Lepage
39 - 4 Darryl Harr
40 - 70 David Green
41 - 74 Mike Harmon
42 - 72 John Jackson
43 - 15 Scott Riggs (Did not attempt a lap)

DID NOT QUALIFY : None
avatar
BBoy
Legend
Legend

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Logano beat Allgaier by almost 2 MPH. Fail
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Rykia on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:34 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Logano beat Allgaier by almost 2 MPH. Fail

Over 4 tenths of a second, too. Fail
avatar
Rykia
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Ball State University

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Alta on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:46 pm

I bet that car is legal!
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Rykia on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:53 pm

43rd to 19th in 5 laps >.<
avatar
Rykia
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Ball State University

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Alta on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:43rd to 19th in 5 laps >.<
He passed 24 cars that are the HRT/Caterham/Marussia of Nascar.
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Rykia on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Alta wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:43rd to 19th in 5 laps >.<
He passed 24 cars that are the HRT/Caterham/Marussia of Nascar.

Still...5 LAPS?
avatar
Rykia
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Ball State University

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:13 pm

Rykia_RKXK wrote:
Alta wrote:
Rykia_RKXK wrote:43rd to 19th in 5 laps >.<
He passed 24 cars that are the HRT/Caterham/Marussia of Nascar.

Still...5 LAPS?

He only gained 8 spots over the next 25 laps. Rolling Eyes
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:02 pm

Danica is out with engine troubles finishing 35th. She might not make top 30 in owners points.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BWard on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Danica is out with engine troubles finishing 35th. She might not make top 30 in owners points.

Man she's been struggling so much ever since she crashed out at Daytona, when will here performance ever improve?
avatar
BWard
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 5813
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Cynon on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:15 pm

ESPN totally doesn't love Kyle Busch... Rolling Eyes

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 19
Last Win: Formula 5 @ Vancouver, WA
EFR's #1 Robby Gordon fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan

Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BBoy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:16 pm

This is a really good race up front.
avatar
BBoy
Legend
Legend

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by AntmanB on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 pm

This Race is...... ACTUALLY WATCHABLE? Shocked
avatar
AntmanB
Legend
Legend

Posts : 1439
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Rykia on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 pm

AntmanB wrote:This Race is...... ACTUALLY WATCHABLE? Shocked

^THAT. Kinda surprised, really. As boring as Bristol was, I thought this would be extra-boring. Great battle for the lead right now.
avatar
Rykia
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2545
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Ball State University

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:40 pm

This race has my attention. And ESPN....is just being ESPN. I hope this race is a sign of what's to come in tomorrow's Sprint Cup race.

EDIT: Kyle Shrubb's pit crew just derped. So much for that "upset" happening. Rolling Eyes

EDIT 2: Well the streak of non-cuppies winning was nice while it lasted. The racing was surprisingly good today. A couple of guys behind Logano derped battling each other instead of trying to find a way to pass him for the lead. I'm really looking forward to all of the races tomorrow.


Last edited by RealRacer4 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

RealRacer4
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2089
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Alta on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Meh race. First half sucked, second was okay.

Good run for Kenny at least.
avatar
Alta
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 3960
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by BBoy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:58 pm

Good race. People may call me nuts, but I think Logano earned this one today.

Results

1 - 18 Joey Logano
2 - 6 Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
3 - 22 Brad Keselowski
4 - 11 Brian Scott
5 - 3 Austin Dillon
6 - 38 Brad Sweet
7 - 09 Kenny Wallace
8 - 54 Kyle Busch
9 - 2 Elliott Sadler
10 - 33 Brendan Gaughan
11 - 43 Michael Annett
12 - 30 James Buescher
13 - 12 Sam Hornish Jr.
14 - 60 Trevor Bayne
15 - 81 Jason Bowles
16 - 19 Tayler Malsam
17 - 44 Mike Bliss
18 - 01 Mike Wallace
19 - 87 Joe Nemechek -1
20 - 51 Jeremy Clements -2
21 - 23 Robert Richardson Jr. -2
22 - 24 Benny Gordon -2
23 - 39 Joey Gase -2
24 - 40 Erik Darnell -3
25 - 41 Blake Koch -3
26 - 14 Eric McClure -4
27 - 50 TJ Bell -5
28 - 4 Darryl Harr -5
29 - 52 Tim Schendel -5
30 - 88 Cole Whitt OUT
31 - 70 David Green -11
32 - 31 Justin Allgaier OUT
33 - 28 Kevin Lepage OUT
34 - 89 Morgan Shepherd OUT
35 - 7 Danica Patrick OUT
36 - 08 Tim Andrews OUT
37 - 15 Scott Riggs OUT
38 - 46 Chase Miller OUT
39 - 42 Josh Wise OUT
40 - 74 Mike Harmon OUT
41 - 47 Scott Speed OUT
42 - 72 John Jackson OUT
43 - 10 Jeff Green OUT


Last edited by BBoy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BBoy
Legend
Legend

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by navycook75 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:03 pm

BBoy wrote:Good race. People may call me nuts, but I think Logano earned this one today.
you're only crazy if he won the Cup race.
avatar
navycook75
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 4906
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm

I do want to give NASCAR credit because in each this year's first five races the total race purse has gone up from last year by anywhere from $20,000-$40,000 a race. At least they're helping these teams a little more.
avatar
flyingturns89
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot
We Get It, You Like to Post a Lot

Posts : 2713
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Royal Purple 300

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum