Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned

+5
PYLrulz
PackerMan71
Cynon
BWard
crl
9 posters

Go down

Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned Empty Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned

Post by crl Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:26 pm

crl
crl
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned Empty Re: Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned

Post by BWard Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Nope never a surprise, teams like Hendrick Motorsports would probably always overturn penalties like this.
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned Empty Re: Not a surprise - Hendrick penalties overturned

Post by Cynon Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:51 pm

I didn't like that penalty in the first place, since that car never hit the track, but I'm not too surprised that it got overturned.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow, last year really was just an off year. Rolling Eyes

If it was anybody else, the penalties would've stayed.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Cynon wrote:I didn't like that penalty in the first place, since that car never hit the track, but I'm not too surprised that it got overturned.

In that case, there should of been a ton of penalties in the past overturned. I remember years back, Rusty Wallace had a spoiler on a car at Talladega that didn't comply, yet the car never hit the track and got penalized anyway. Killed off any hope he had for a championship (and if I remember, he was close to the points lead).
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Cynon wrote:I didn't like that penalty in the first place, since that car never hit the track, but I'm not too surprised that it got overturned.

not to mention the fact that the same car had previously been approved by NASCAR for at least four restrictor plate races.
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:55 pm

antknee wrote:

not to mention the fact that the same car had previously been approved by NASCAR for at least four restrictor plate races.

If you think that the car went untouched by the team from the time it left Dega last year to Daytona, I have some ocean front property in Idaho I want to sell you.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:56 pm

I implicate the top tier teams get the good treatment rule.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by antknee Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 pm

conspiracy theorists unite
antknee
antknee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 pm

antknee wrote:conspiracy theorists unite
Sorry we find inconsistencies. :/
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Giacalone Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 pm

This calls to mind the Robby Gordon incident of Speedweeks '08. People were saying it was unfair because...wait for it...the car never hit the track.

As much as I dislike Jimmie, I'm glad the penalties got reduced.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:This calls to mind the Robby Gordon incident of Speedweeks '08. People were saying it was unfair because...wait for it...the car never hit the track.

As much as I dislike Jimmie, I'm glad the penalties got reduced.

Robby Gordon got his penalty overturned because the part in question was okay by the rulebook, but NASCAR wanted different decal outlines. I don't remember the details but the team was able to prove that what they showed up with was okay.

Not to mention Robby had his fine increased. The 48 team notably did not, but fines don't really hurt big teams like Hendrick as much as they hurt smaller teams like Robby Gordon's.

Not only that, but I vividly remember that penalty annoying Jim Beam (his sponsor) so much that they ran huge ad campaigns on NASCAR.com in support of Robby's plight. That may have influenced the decision of the appeal, but I'm not so sure.

Robby's penalty was overturned by the stock car commission, whereas Johnson's was overturned by one person after the stock car commission upheld the decision.

Again, I don't think the penalty should have been handed out in the first place, but the way it was overturned seems a bit strange.

Personally I would have handed Knaus a penalty for his terrible excuse...

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down