Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!)

+44
Tigerman
Racerfan275
Kornography
Cardinals5
Vincent Giacalone
Syzygy
Joshua Michaels
crl
Alta
flyingturns89
Cynon
Electric Wolf
Tanrar
Metro 6r4
Lucstar88
Spannerhead29 (Nelson)
Ferrarist
Backmarker
Ceej
AntmanB
gwoodard41
RyanB06
PKligBKFan
Magus978
racingfreak1999
Milan655
Okarai55
Rykia
teamwhiper
JMac525
SnakePlissken
PackerMan71
day500champ1
Rovenami
f1fan12
Jason Hamilton
BBoy
BWard
navycook75
Alpineopossum
Ben Atkins
Dan Mackay
Mother of Invention
pennst24
48 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!)

Post by PKligBKFan Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 am

I didn't want to kill my character and I doubt Ryan wanted to kill Tiff off but think of the great storyline we get out of this. It basically allowed a drivers union to start.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!) - Page 7 Empty Re: 2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!)

Post by Vincent Giacalone Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:50 am

PKligBKFan wrote:Well that's up to Jacob. I believe he's made it clear it won't happen though.

Correct. I talked to him over TeamSpeak and he said he wouldn't do it.
Vincent Giacalone
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 am

I do not like when races are retconned, so I won't do it. Honestly, I lost a sense of reality when running this race. I viewed it from an Nr2003 standpoint and not from a realistic standpoint. I never once imagined in my head what the consequences would be if these accidents were to happen in real life. It's very unfortunate that this race killed off several characters, which was something I did not intend, regardless of the similarities between this race and Las Vegas in IndyCar. I published this version of the race because at the time I felt only Kreamer's crash was serious and that all the others would walk away, even with a few injuries. There will be many storylines that will come out of this. I just want everyone to respect the series, even though I will admit I have not ran it to the best of my abilities. For that, I apologize, and I want to make sure that 2013 is an entertaining and "safe" season. I know this is only a game, so the characters aren't real, but I still want to prevent this from happening again.

-Jacob
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:18 am

Young Gordon Sting Perishes at Texas

The tragedy at the Hanmore World Championship finale continues. It was reported by the race announcing team that Gordon Sting got out of his car after his high speed collision with Peter Kreamer. Miraculously, Sting was able exit his vehicle, but flailed around wildly, probably with the help of adrenaline, before spitting up massive amounts of blood and collapsing shortly thereafter. Sting was airlifted to the nearest hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Buzz Stingly, owner of All the Buzz racing, made the announcement. "We're just now releasing this information, because, quite frankly, we're still in a state of shock. We will be releasing a memorial decal to be used to dedicate the 2013 to Gordon and the others who died at Texas. Anyone who wishes to show their respects for the fallen will be afforded the opportunity to use the decal. He was so young and so talented and the sky was the limit for him. I can't believe he's gone. I don't want to assess blame at this time, they have investigators for that. This is a time of mourning and we should all keep our attention focused on their families right now."

With Gordon Sting's passing, it brings the final death toll to five.

Last edited by SnakePlissken on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Snake Plissken: When I get back, I'm going to kill you.

"Your rules are really beginning to annoy me."

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:20 am

SnakePlissken wrote:Young Gordon Sting Perishes at Texas

The tragedy at the Hanmore World Championship finale continues. It was reported by the race announcing team that Gordon Sting got out of his car after his high speed collision with Peter Kreamer. Miraculously, Sting was able exit his vehicle, but flailed around wildly, probably with the help of adrenaline, before spitting up massive amounts of blood and collapsing shortly thereafter. Sting was airlifted to the nearest hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Buzz Stingly, owner of All the Buzz racing, made the announcement. "We're just now releasing this information, because, quite frankly, we're still in a state of shock. We will be releasing a memorial decal to be used to dedicate the 2013 to Gordon and the others who died at Texas. Anyone who wishes to show their respects for the fallen will be afforded the opportunity to use the decal. He was so young and so talented and the sky was the limit for him. I can't believe he's gone. I don't want to asses blame at this time, they have investigators for that. This is a time of mourning and we should all keep our attention focused on their families right now."

With Gordon Sting's passing, it brings the final death toll to five.

That was a lovely image
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kornography Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:28 pm

BurningThunder wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:
BurningThunder wrote:Didn't Tiffany Matthews drive away from that wreck? I hardly think that someone dead would drive away.

She then got slammed into by Keaton... did you miss that?

She still was backing up and going to drive away after that.

In other news, more material for the Zachary Zins car now...

Zachary Zins was unable to be reached for comment as he is still on Suicide Watch in the Mathers Clinic following the incident in the Rockford 200 B-Mains.
Kornography
Kornography
Development Series Rookie

http://rateyourmusic.com/~kornography19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:43 pm

[quote="Cardinals5"]
SnakePlissken wrote:Young Gordon Sting Perishes at Texas

Miraculously, Sting was able exit his vehicle, but flailed around wildly, probably with the help of adrenaline, before spitting up massive amounts of blood and collapsing shortly thereafter.
I'm sorry but that is hilarious Laughing
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:26 am

Alta wrote:I'm sorry but that is hilarious Laughing

It wasn't meant to be. With the general overall consensus being that Sting wouldn't have survived that horrific collision, I had to devise a way in which he could have gotten out of the car and yet still died from his injuries.

"I used to rescue presidents, then I took an arrow in the knee...and still rescued the president." -Snake Plissken

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:29 am

R.I.P.
2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!) - Page 7 2vuhf9u
Gordon Sting

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 am

SnakePlissken wrote:

It wasn't meant to be. With the general overall consensus being that Sting wouldn't have survived that horrific collision, I had to devise a way in which he could have gotten out of the car and yet still died from his injuries.

And did it in the most over-the-top SnakePlissken-character way possible. I thought it was great.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am

RyanB06 wrote:
SnakePlissken wrote:

And did it in the most over-the-top SnakePlissken-character way possible. I thought it was great.

The thing is, that is actually completely possible. Saying that, it still was somewhat funny.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferrarist Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 pm

ReinSpeed retains commitment to Hanmore Formula Overdrive - for now

ReinSpeed sent out a press release, regarding the recent events within the Hanmore Formula Overdrive. "We'd like to express our deepest symphaties to the relatives of the deceased drivers. They all died doing what they loved, racing that is.", said the release. Despite the tragedy, ReinSpeed retains their commitment for the Formula Overdrive, at least in parts. "We decided that we don't want to expose our drivers to the risk of racing these machines at high-speed, high-banked ovals. Therefore, we'll only take part at next year's road races. Arnold Laiendeich has also agreed with our stance. Ye Kao is free to do the oval races with other teams, however."
Of course, the press release also had a few words about the future of Formula Overdrive: "The current cars have way too much downforce and speed. It's suicidal to do stock car racing with formula cars that drive more than 220mph. The pack racing has to stop, or we have to give up racing on ovals." Something, which team owner Andreas Reinhardt wouldn't perceive as bad. "V8 ChampCar already does ovals, and it's evident that we can't offer a better oval product. So why don't we just focus on our strengths, and deliver good road racing?"

OoC: I'm gonna say this: It's sad that there isn't a proper open-wheel oval racing simulation nowadays. With rFactor, it depends on the track. But the only real oval that works is Indy, at least when compared to the others I've played with. And even then, it depends on the mod. When playing Indy with a 2005 ChampCar mod, I basically had the same pack racing, as we've seen in Texas. Maybe someone can get IndyCar Racing II running, although this game might now be a bit too old by now.
Ferrarist
Ferrarist
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by PKligBKFan Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Name: Cheryl-Anne Simpson
Age (over 18): 27
Hometown: Liverpool, England
Number: 93 (if taken 993)
Team: Simpson Family Racing
Sponsor (fictional): Happy Joe's Family Funeral Home
Notes/Resume: World karting champ. Attempting 2013 Eurospeedway one off in Dash Cup.
PKligBKFan
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Hanmore Officials Respond to ReinSpeed

"We understand ReinSpeed's concerns about the ovals, however, the team must attempt every race, otherwise they will lose their grid spot. We are okay with Arnold [Laiendeich] skipping the ovals, but Ye Kao has told us he will do every race. Laiendeich doesn't have to race the ovals, but someone has to be in that car."
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Here is the ratings system for 2013. They are very similar to Dash Cup's ratings. Send me them over PM or on the ISRA Teamspeak if you go on there.

Three categories in NR2003, then +10, +5, 0 and -5 to each section.

SECTION 1: Driver Style

Aggression
Consistency
Finishing
Qualifying

SECTION 2: Driver Skills By Track Type

Road Course
Short Track
Speedway
Superspeedway

SECTION 3: Car (Team owners fill out this part)

Aerodynamics
Chassis
Engine
Reliability

Bases for drivers...

Past Champions/Ex-TMMC/ARLA/Lights Drivers (with at least 10 starts): 75-85
Winners in Formula Overdrive OR 3 Podiums in 2012: 65-75
Raced Last Season: 60-70
Rookie: 55-65

Bases for cars...

TMMC/Lights/Past Champion Teams: 70-80
Race Winning Teams in Formula Overdrive: 65-75
Other Teams/One Off Teams: 60-70
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Racerfan275 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:48 am

Name: Johnny Martin
Age (over 18): 21
Hometown: Portland, Oregon
Number (check TMPedia for taken numbers):49
Team: Northwest Racing
Sponsor (fictional): Steel Enterprises
Notes/Resume: 2 time northwest open wheel champion and midget champion

Racerfan275
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Name: Cody Leonard
Age (over 18): 33
Number: 58
Team: WestFall Motorsports
Sponsor: The Store on The Corner
Notes/Resume: none.
Part time
Engine: Lycoia

Last edited by Tigerman on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanB06 Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Tigerman wrote:Name: Cody Leonard
Sponsor: Dish Network

Fictional sponsors only in this series.
RyanB06
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:43 pm

RyanB06 wrote:
Tigerman wrote:Name: Cody Leonard
Sponsor: Dish Network

Fictional sponsors only in this series.

I changed it.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Igtm Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Name: Travis Estes
Hometown: Detroit, Michigan
Number (check TMPedia for taken numbers): 45
Team: DCSpark Racing
Sponsor (fictional): DCSpark
Engine: ClairTech
Notes/Resume: Go-Kart racing

Name: Alexa Riqqy
Age (over 18): 19
Hometown: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Number (check TMPedia for taken numbers): 46
Team: DCSpark Racing
Sponsor (fictional): DCSpark
Engine: ClairTech
Notes/Resume: Go-Kart racing

Last edited by Igtm on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I might need engines)
Igtm
Igtm
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Officials announced that the part-time teams competing in the 2013 California Grand Prix at Sonoma Raceway:

#4 - Adam Lennox (USA)
#49 - Johnny Martin (USA)
#60 - Jackie Thompson (USA)
#79 - Justin Delonge (USA)
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:45 am

Welcome to 2013!

2013 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Season Preview

Formula Overdrive returns with Hanmore sanction in 2013. There are many questions to be answered: Will the series recover from the Texas tragedy? Will the new Avril chassis improve both the racing and driver safety? Will the fly away races enhance popularity? With Arjanien gone, who will win the title? Let's take you through a team by team preview of the 2013 Hanmore Formula Overdrive season!

Carter Motorsports - Engine: STS

The team formerly known as DSR Carter Racing returns as Carter Motorsports, this time with engine backing from STS. Ross Carter will return to the #2 car to try to build upon the foundation set in his rookie year last season. Even though he was outpaced by his sister, his dad, and Natalie Kendall, he still was a solid contender for points in each race. Joining Ross is British rookie Cindy Delamere, a British Formula C driver best known for her rain-race win at Donington last season. She may have a steeper learning curve, but this team has the capability to compete for wins and the constructors' title.

Hailstorm-McCloud Racing - Engine: JLC Hailstorm

The husband-wife pairing of Regina and Rush McCloud separate the Overdrive operation from Gravity Racing Inc. Even though they have the funding, manpower, and competent drivers, this team probably will struggle to get their own in-house engine off the ground. They were at the bottom part of the top 10 at the open test at Palm Beach, but not every team showed up. I expect this team to possibly score a win sometime during the year, but I don't expect the drivers' champion to come out of the McCloud stable.

Kalberg's ClarTech - Engine: ClarTech

The ClarTech team is back for their third consecutive season in Formula Overdrive. Gone are the dominating duo of Tommi Arjanien (will compete in Dash Cup) and Recindo Gonzalez (signed with the TexMex team), but this team is ready to defend their title from last season. Kenny Morales, the most sought-after free agent in the Overdrive paddock, will look to build on his consistent 2012 season in superior equipment. I fully expect for Morales to be in title contention when the series goes to Fontana for the season finale. Partnering Morales at ClarTech will be young Canadian Lydia McKenzie, the first female to win the Formula Atlantic championship, a feat she accomplished by dominating her competition last season.

Zukunft Legenden Motorsports - Engine: Bolden

The eccentric German team returns to the series in 2012 with Klaus Schneider in car #10. After a deal between Zukunft and Kenny Morales fell through, they quickly signed another fast, young American, Cliff Raymond, who won two races last season saddled with a TTE engine and probably would have won the championship if he had started all the races. Raymond brings along his personal #72. Lukas Schmitt, the winner of the ill-fated race at Texas, left the team to take a reserve role with a Formula A team. With Schneider and Raymond contesting the season for this quiet but fast race team, I can expect some big performances from the two men.

Trent GP - Engine: STS

This brand new team has full sponsorship from Atlant-X, as well as Formula A experience in Frenchman Marc Franchet. Franchet was announced to the ride when Chaud Roddick was injured at Texas. Alongside Franchet is Ethan Gilreath, the oft-criticized American. During preseason testing, Gilreath destroyed three of the team's Avril chassis, so one may wonder if his relationship with the team is already on shaky ground. Trent brought in Marco Cardillo to complete preseason testing for them, and he was close to Franchet's time. With an STS engine and the experience and potential of Marc Franchet, a win may not be out of the question for this debutante team.

FIAM Rossini Sport - Engine: FIAM

Lingering questions surround this team as Alessandro Rossini, the lead driver, may be heading back to the TM Master Cup Series. Young Italian Alessio Fabiani is the second driver for the team. This team's successes depend on Rossini's presence. With veteran leadership, this team can contend for the title. But with potentially two rookie drivers, this team may be in for a culture shock if they can't get a veteran driver.

All the Buzz Racing - Engine: Lycoia

Quite possibly the most potentially heart-warming story in all of motorsport is Beatrix Sting replacing her late brother Gordon in car #24 for the ATB team. I'm sure there would be nothing more moving than to see her win a race, or perhaps more. The other driver has not been named at the time of publication. This team has the sponsor money and engine power to compete at the front of the field.

Hammond Sport - Engine: Hammond

Former Champ Car team owner Paul Hammond returns to team ownership with full sponsorship from Ted's Chinese Takeout. His prior successes in open wheel racing can lead to some expectations, but the driver lineup isn't very strong. Patrick McNeil and Sulinder Pushanda were either slow, dangerous, or anonymous out on the track last season. Hopefully with some direction under them, they can right their own personal ships and run at the front.

Newport-Bingham Racing - Engine: Bosworth

The Champ Car team returns with Felipe Silverio, the Brazilian with a lot of upside, and his countryman, Lucas Mendoza. With great engineers, equipment, and past history of success, there is no reason why they can't run at the front. I expect Silverio to compete for the title based on his strong runs in only half a season in 2012, while the jury is still out on Mendoza. With the only Bosworth engine in the field, they will have an advantage over most of their competitors.

McSwain Technical Academy - Engine: Izumi

The McSwain Technical Academy returns once more with two cars serviced by students. Ricky Navarro, left without a ride for the 2013 ARLA Elite Series season, takes the #30 car that was originally slated to be driven by Peter Kreamer. Hamilton Porteau returns looking to improve on his top-10 points finish from a year ago. This team has proven that they can contend in the upper half of the field on a consistent basis. I would not put it past this team to win more than one race. However, the drivers' title may be out of reach for this team.

Chip Stefano Motorsports - Engine: Optic

One of the new teams for this year, Chip Stefano Motorsports looks to just finish races and gain experience throughout the course of the season. Unknown Frenchman G.T. Turbonos and team owner Chip Stefano will pilot the two cars. Saddled with a big question mark in the Optic engine, I wouldn't expect this team to do anything spectacular.

Terra International Motorsports - Engine: Lycoia

Lycoia's first foray into open wheel racing started off with a not-so-good bang in winter testing at Palm Beach, with both Alexander Villinov and Zeus Godson throwing it off multiple times. With good people surrounding them at TIM, these two eccentric characters should hopefully be able to step their game up by the time the season rolls around. However, if TIM can't get their first Lycoia open wheel engine up to speed, it will be a long season.

ReinSpeed - Engine: TTE

The new German team on the grid gets the TTE engine, but their Formula B experience should be able to overcome that. Arnold Laiendeich comes over from Europe, and Ye Kao, the Chinese drivers, moves over from British Formula C, where he finished second in the championship. Hopefully this team will bring some overseas popularity that the series so desperately needs. If Kao and Laiendeich can handle the learning curve, a surprise win wouldn't totally be out of the question.

Atsuro GP - Engine: Atsuro

The powerful Atsuro factory team returns after a one-year hiatus with two more than capable drivers. Akira Ishikawa was an obvious choice, given the Japanese connection. But Zach Branch, the Canadian, shocked the paddock when he announced that he would leave Xenos to drive for the rival Atsuro in 2013. There is quite a possibility that both the drivers' and constructors' championships wind up back at Atsuro on their return to the series.

TexMex Racing - Engine: ClarTech

Perhaps the most interesting of the new teams is TexMex Racing, a team based out of Brownsville, Texas, a town near the Texas-Mexico border. This team will run under a dual American-Mexican license. But this team is not to be taken lightly. Recindo Gonzalez, who won two races last season, will drive alongside Josh Batista, another proven race winner. With a ClarTech engine, this team looks poised for great results in 2013. I believe that Gonzalez still has championship-contending form, while Batista has the talent to get re-situated in these Overdrive machines.

That wraps up the 2013 Hanmore Formula Overdrive team season preview! Up next will be the preview of the race calendar, so stay tuned!

(OOC: Just doing some background info for the new season, Razz)
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by SnakePlissken Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:56 am

Check your PMs!
Replacing Fuoco Volare at ATB will be:

Name: Marcus Wieland
Age (over 18): 23
Hometown: Jennerstown, PA
Number: 16
Team: All The Buzz
Sponsor (fictional): Brown Hornet Music

Italian Volare was incensed that no one could pronounce his last name correctly!

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:09 am

SnakePlissken wrote:Italian Volare was incensed that no one could pronounce his last name correctly!

Tranne l'Italiano: P

(except the Italian 2014 Hanmore Formula Overdrive Thread (RACE 5 IS UP!) - Page 7 215644238 )

EDIT: Pennst, I noticed the name of the Japanese round. Chinko is Japanese for 'penis', no?
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 am

Milan655 wrote:EDIT: Pennst, I noticed the name of the Japanese round. Chinko is Japanese for 'penis', no?

Yes. That logo also appears on several cars this season. The Japanese fans will be quite shocked when the series runs there. Laughing
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am

Round 01: Sonoma

Spoiler:

Last edited by pennst24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:33 am

Part time application:

Name: Alessandro Rossini
Hometown: Como, Italy
Number: 75
Team: Rossini Sport
Sponsor (fictional): FIAM
Notes/Resume: Application to compete at Round of Italy
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am

Spoiler:

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mother of Invention Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

Gilreath blaimes Track for woes

When asked about his performence in Sonoma today Ethan Gilreath had the following to say. "Who the *CENSORED* designed this idiotic track? I am asdhamed to call this my home track. I mean who thought putting tire barriers on such a low speed corner was a good idea? Not only that but the *CENSORED* who made this track didn't think to put a *CENSORED* proper pit exit on the track either. So i had to pull out in front of the field and in front of some poor sap who clearly wasn't paying attention."

OOC: Gilreath's new personality trait, complains about the track and not the fact he has no talent Razz
Mother of Invention
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Round 02: Nashville

Results
Standings
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Spoiler:
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkAussie Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Name: Simon Sanda
Hometown: Auckland, New Zealand
Number: 91
Team: Tassie Racing
Sponsor: Confusing Engines
Notes/Resume: None
Part Time:
Engine: Bolden

HawkAussie
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Race 03: Milwaukee

Results
Standings
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon May 27, 2013 11:53 am

Dual Races at Rockingham

To generate more interest in the series, Formula Overdrive officials and Rockingham promoters have decided to have a dual-race format for the series visit on the weekend of May 12th, 2013.

The format is as follows: The first race will comprise of the top 21 in current drivers' points to compete. The second race will have the remaining 9 full-time drivers, along with local and special entries that have yet to be announced.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:33 pm

To give everyone an update on this series, I have really lost track of time. It's already almost the end of July and three races are done. However, I have ran several more races. I will post results of those races, but not videos. I will commit to doing videos for Spa, Road Gatineau, the World Championships at Fontana, and the all-star race at Decatur. I really wish I would've done a better job running Formula Overdrive, but with me getting a job mowing lawns here locally and school starting up for me soon, I just don't have the time to put together videos. Thank you.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:42 pm

To really move ahead to later on in this series, I have posted the results to races 4-9 here.

Standings after race 9 are here.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Race 9: France

Results and standings in the .zip file I uploaded earlier.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BWard Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:28 pm

Looking at the 2013 Formula Overdrive page on TMPedia, where are the list of part-timers? Am I presuming Eichholtz got rid of them?
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

HAILSTORM-McCLOUD RACING LOOKING TO STAY IN FORMULA OVERDRIVE IN 2014

Despite not having the season they were hoping to have, Rush and Regina McCloud are looking to keep their team in Formula Overdrive for 2014. Both drivers have one podium so far this season, with Regina getting a third at Milwaukee and Rush earned his first career podium with a third at Rockingham.

RUSH: It's been a bit of a struggle, but were still trying to get our new engine program off the ground, seeing as this is our first year with our in-house Hailstorm engines. Seeing as the ARLA Hailstorm engines are working pretty good right now, we're getting some information from GRI and we'll incorporate it into our FO engines for next season.
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Updated Points Standings After 9 of 17 Rounds

Here.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan655 Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:39 am

FIAM end Overdrive programme, leave Fabiani in the cold
Following a difficult season in which FIAM failed to repeat the success of the 2012 season, FIAM have officially called an end to their programme instead shifting their efforts towards the Dash Cup. While current FIAM driver Sakura Motoko will make the transition to touring cars following a set of strong finishes, ex-Rossini Sport youth development driver Alessio Fabiani has reportedly been dropped entirely by the squad.

Fabiani, a former single seater champion in his homeland of Italy, has struggled considerably in his first season out of Europe managing only 3 points from the first 9 rounds. Reports from within the camp suggest support for Fabiani has been shifted away toward Motoko, whose form has shown much stronger than Fabiani's. This, as well as a struggle to adapt to oval racing and to the States could have affected the young driver mentally on and off track.

Fabiani released a set of demotivated tweets over Twitter following the demise in the FO project, but has recently rebounded back off track according to his manager.

"Fabiani is more than capable", manager Luca Caracciola told Italian press, "He's strong and needs development. Another season in the Formula Overdrive will prove his worth".

On the job market now, Fabiani is in search of another seat in the Formula Overdrive.

(OOC: If anyone is willing to find Fabiani a race seat, maybe we can work something out?)
Milan655
Milan655
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Race 10: Spa

Results
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mackay Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Autosport Dernière Ligne looking for pay driver, skill not necessary

Team owner Jean-Pierre Ayrault is looking for a pay driver to fill the second car at the team. Jean-Pierre was also caught saying that money was way more important then driver talent when it comes to choosing the driver, and that expectations for the 2014 season are incredibly low.
Dan Mackay
Dan Mackay
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

http://danmackay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerman Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Dan Mackay wrote:Autosport Dernière Ligne looking for pay driver, skill not necessary

Team owner Jean-Pierre Ayrault is looking for a pay driver to fill the second car at the team. Jean-Pierre was also caught saying that money was way more important then driver talent when it comes to choosing the driver, and that expectations for the 2014 season are incredibly low.
Launo Heikkinen is looking for a ride. He is also a Finnish driver. You can sign him if you want.
Tigerman
Tigerman

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:27 am

Update: Since I have been really busy with schoolwork and college applications, I haven't had a lot of time to make videos and the whole deal for Formula Overdrive. I have ran races 9-16, and you can get the results here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0g65764w6tc6k4n

Heading into the final points race of the 2013 season at Fontana, Irishman Ross Carter holds a 17 point lead over ClarTech's Kenny Morales. Zach Branch in the Atsuro sits 33 points back of Carter. These are the only three in championship contention. The winner of the Fontana race will receive a $750,000 check from Hanmore. I will be doing a video for Fontana and the All-Star race at Decatur later on.
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PackerMan71 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Do you have the results for Spa?
PackerMan71
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Spoiler:

Results
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Atkins Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Ross Carter secures first Formula Overdrive title at California

This time last year, the Irishman found himself in worry because his father was severely injured in a crash, in a race Ross was in himself, but had crashed out of earlier.

This year, his father watched him lead the most laps, and get the championship.

Ross Carter held the lead until 5 to go when he had to pit for fuel. Despite title contender Zach Branch winning the race, Ross Carter was in third, which was enough for his to secure the title. To make things better for the Carter family, Tanya Carter is fighting for the Dash Cup championship, as her and Robert Dorian are neck to neck in the dying stages of the season.

"It's unbelievable" said Ross Carter "I can't believe I'm here right now. It's just... overwhelming. I'm just hoping Tanya can pull it off in Dash Cup. That would make thinks perfect for the family."

Ross Carter plans to stay around in Formula Overdrive for the 2014 season with current Dash Cup driver and Rockingham winner Harriet Wallace joining him, as he aims to win more races and defend his championship.

Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Lycoia to remain as engine supplier, Terra Int'l Motorsports to leave series to 'get a clearer view of things' after lackluster results plague them.

Zeus Godson and Alexander Villinov will be looking for new rides next season as the team is pulling out of the series after a rather horrible 2013 season. "This was a huge mistake and a huge waste of resources." Charles Simmons, the team's FO manager said today. "We here on the team have agreed to close shop on this division's shop to focus our resources into the FARC LoBo Truck Series next year."

Lycoia has stated that they will remain as a engine and possibly a chassis supplier going into the 2014 season. "We're not abandoning anyone, the teams that remain in the series with us we will continue to support."

gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by pennst24 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:22 pm

New Race Format for 2014
For the first time in series history, the race weekend will include a feature race on Saturday. Results from that race will determine the starting grid for a sprint race on Sunday, which will be decided by the Saturday result with top 8 being reversed, so the driver who finished 8th on Saturday will start from pole position and the winner will start from 8th place.

2014 Season Schedule
1. Sonoma
2. Motegi
3. Calder Park
4. Goteborgs Motorbana
5. Oulton Park
6. Homestead
7. Charlotte
8. Portland
9. Spa
10. Montreal
11. Road America
12. Michigan
13. Circuit of the Americas
14. Lone Star Supercell
15. Decatur
pennst24
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next