Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer Incident

+5
pepsibottle1
day500champ1
navycook75
Sparkz47
AntmanB
9 posters

Go down

Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer  Incident Empty Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer Incident

Post by AntmanB Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:17 pm

NASCAR to use extra pace car behind jet dryers: NASCAR officials announced a change to have an extra pace car with flashing lights behind the last jet-dryer truck on the track in all races in all three series -- Sprint Cup, Nationwide and the Camping World Trucks Series. The change, which was explained to the Sprint Cup teams during the drivers' meeting Sunday morning at Phoenix International Raceway, comes after Juan Pablo Montoya's car spun into a jet-dryer truck during a caution period in the Daytona 500 Monday night. The drivers of the jet-dryer trucks also will wear helmets and fire suits during each race, but that is a change agreed upon by officials at race tracks that play host to NASCAR events, not a rule instituted by NASCAR.(ESPN)(3-5-2012)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer  Incident Empty Re: Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer Incident

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Okay NASCAR, now I know you're trying to be protective and all, and I appreciate the sentiment, but the JPM incident was a freak accident. You've already given the truck drivers helmets and firesuits, that should be enough. You don't need 50 new rules for something that will likely never happen again.

Not to mention the fact that this rule would have done nothing to help the situation at Daytona. Montoya saw the trucks clear as crystal, his car just broke and sent him up into the dryer. Visibility was never an issue.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer  Incident Empty Re: Heres your Extra Saftey rule Beacuse of the Jet Dryer Incident

Post by navycook75 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:Okay NASCAR, now I know you're trying to be protective and all, and I appreciate the sentiment, but the JPM incident was a freak accident. You've already given the truck drivers helmets and firesuits, that should be enough. You don't need 50 new rules for something that will likely never happen again.

Not to mention the fact that this rule would have done nothing to help the situation at Daytona. Montoya saw the trucks clear as crystal, his car just broke and sent him up into the dryer. Visibility was never an issue.
Even if it was a freak accident, I think NASCAR has the right idea just in case it DOES happen again, even if the chances of it happening is the same chances of me winning the lottery, getting stuck my lightning, and winning the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 all at the same time.

It's best to be prepared.
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by day500champ1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:56 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Sparkz47 wrote:Okay NASCAR, now I know you're trying to be protective and all, and I appreciate the sentiment, but the JPM incident was a freak accident. You've already given the truck drivers helmets and firesuits, that should be enough. You don't need 50 new rules for something that will likely never happen again.

Even if it was a freak accident, I think NASCAR has the right idea just in case it DOES happen again, even if the chances of it happening is the same chances of me winning the lottery, getting stuck my lightning, and winning the Daytona 500 and Indy 500 all at the same time.

Exactly. If anything if it were to happen again like JPM and something brakes on the car. The car would more than likely hit the extra safety vehicle which I don't think would cause the huge fireball we saw at Daytona.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:19 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:

Exactly. If anything if it were to happen again like JPM and something brakes on the car. The car would more than likely hit the extra safety vehicle which I don't think would cause the huge fireball we saw at Daytona.

I know it's best to be prepared, which is why I think the firesuits and helmets are a great idea, but the trucks already have bright, flashing lights all over them. They're basically pace cars already. So I really think this most recent rule is a bit overkill.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Something else for JPM to hit before he hits the jet dryer Laughing
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Lets just be glad that the rules for the jet dryers aren't as complicated as it was with the pit procedures NASCAR used in the early 1991 season. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:

Lets just be glad that the rules for the jet dryers aren't as complicated as it was with the pit procedures NASCAR used in the early 1991 season. Laughing

Oh boy, I remember those Laughing
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by navycook75 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:

wasn't that in place after a crew member died in 1990?
navycook75
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm

navycook75 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

As mentioned in the video, yes.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsibottle1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:

As mentioned in the video, yes.

Good thing NASCAR realized how fail it was early on and thus boys and girls is why we have the pit road speed limit!
pepsibottle1
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:00 am

I am cool with that. Yeah, it was a freak accident, but it's best to be prepared.
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by conrail1990 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 am

Im not saying adding the pace car is bad.But since the incident had nothing to do with not being able to see the jet dryers. I find it to be unnecessary. A better rule if you will would have been to have cars slow down to a certain speed when passing a jet dryer/safety vehicle.
conrail1990
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Abit overkill considering Visibility was hardly the contributing factor in the incident. The Firesuits and helmets I agree with since the Nascar officials also have them, but a extra safety car is extremely overreactive.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down