NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by PKligBKFan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 pm

NASCAR has officially announced that they will bring back the original Bud Shootout format. It is back to pole winners and former Bud Shootout winners ONLY for 2013. Very Happy
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by RealRacer4 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 pm


RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by racingfreak1999 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm

How will this work if Coors Light sponsors the pole award. Unless they are change the name to the Coors Light Shootout.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1045
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by PackerMan71 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Budweiser and Coors must've worked out a deal for this to happen.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2631
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Blake Camphausen on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I hope you all realize this has nothing to do with either Bud or Coors. They generally don't have a say on how its run. Its NASCAR's ideas.
avatar
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 436
Join date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by antknee on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:41 pm

they are just rewarding the fans and the pole winners with an additional opportunity so it doesn't really matter who sponsors the award on a race-by-race basis.
avatar
antknee
Admin

Posts : 512
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 104
Location : Dallas, TX (The Colony)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Alta on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:53 pm

I think Nascar learned quantity doesn't equal quality.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3995
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Guest on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 pm

That's good to hear. If Junior doesn't fit the criteria, however, expect an addition coming to the eligibility.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by PKligBKFan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:06 pm

He's already eligible. Former Bud Shootout winner.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by flyingturns89 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Current Shootout Eligible Drivers (Note that there's already 12)
Carl Edwards
Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Kevin Harvick
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Tony Stewart
Denny Hamlin
Jimmie Johnson
Mark Martin
Jeff Gordon
Bill Elliott
Terry Labonte
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2717
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Cynon on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Looks like all of NASCAR's favorite sons would be represented regardless.

Edit: All but Michael Waltrip.


Last edited by Cynon on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3105
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm glad they went back to the pre-2009 format...although I'd like to see them add the old Wild Card (last used around 1997 I think) rule as well.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Chives2112 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Back in the mid-90''s, they also added the champion for the Busch Series to the field.
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by navycook75 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Chives2112 wrote:Back in the mid-90''s, they also added the champion for the Busch Series to the field.
actually it was the driver who had the most poles.....
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4918
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Chives2112 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:Back in the mid-90''s, they also added the champion for the Busch Series to the field.
actually it was the driver who had the most poles.....
I could've sworn it was the champion...oh, wait a second, you're right. I saw a video of the 1995 Busch Clash and they had David Green there. They said he was the 1994 Busch Series champion, so I assumed it was the Busch Series champion who was eligible, but I neglected to do some research, and it turns out that Green won the championship and the most poles. My bad...again. Fail
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by navycook75 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Chives2112 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:Back in the mid-90''s, they also added the champion for the Busch Series to the field.
actually it was the driver who had the most poles.....
I could've sworn it was the champion...oh, wait a second, you're right. I saw a video of the 1995 Busch Clash and they had David Green there. They said he was the 1994 Busch Series champion, so I assumed it was the Busch Series champion who was eligible, but I neglected to do some research, and it turns out that Green won the championship and the most poles. My bad...again. Fail
as a matter of fact, they only did that twice, and guess who was the only driver to get in the Busch Clash......David Green
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4918
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Chives2112 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Chives2112 wrote:Back in the mid-90''s, they also added the champion for the Busch Series to the field.
actually it was the driver who had the most poles.....
I could've sworn it was the champion...oh, wait a second, you're right. I saw a video of the 1995 Busch Clash and they had David Green there. They said he was the 1994 Busch Series champion, so I assumed it was the Busch Series champion who was eligible, but I neglected to do some research, and it turns out that Green won the championship and the most poles. My bad...again. Fail
as a matter of fact, they only did that twice, and guess who was the only driver to get in the Busch Clash......David Green
Oh, what crazy stuff. Hahahaha!
avatar
Chives2112
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1972
Join date : 2011-08-06
Location : Texas

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Chives5150?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Nextelracer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 am

vbooy57 wrote:That's good to hear. If Junior doesn't fit the criteria, however, expect an addition coming to the eligibility.

Obvious attempt at trolling has failed.
avatar
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Nextelracer wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:That's good to hear. If Junior doesn't fit the criteria, however, expect an addition coming to the eligibility.

Obvious attempt at trolling has failed.
Assumed ability to detect trolls when the person in question is simply mistaken has failed.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:43 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Nextelracer wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:That's good to hear. If Junior doesn't fit the criteria, however, expect an addition coming to the eligibility.

Obvious attempt at trolling has failed.
Assumed ability to detect trolls when the person in question is simply mistaken has failed.

Unplanned attempt to confuse many people has succeeded.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2717
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by day500champ1 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Random words Are random.
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: NASCAR has Listened to us Again!

Post by Nextelracer on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:33 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Nextelracer wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:That's good to hear. If Junior doesn't fit the criteria, however, expect an addition coming to the eligibility.

Obvious attempt at trolling has failed.
Assumed ability to detect trolls when the person in question is simply mistaken has failed.

Yes.
avatar
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum