Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeley will run for Robinson-Blakeney in Nationwide Opener too

2 posters

Go down

Yeley will run for Robinson-Blakeney in Nationwide Opener too Empty Yeley will run for Robinson-Blakeney in Nationwide Opener too

Post by AntmanB Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 pm

Yeley in the #28 at Daytona: UPDATE: J.J. Yeley tweeted Friday, "I was hired today to drive the #28 [Jay Robinson Racing] Nationwide car for Daytona. The sponsor will be Green Stuff absorbents."(2-10-2012)
UPDATE: J.J. Yeley will do double duty for Robinson-Blakeney Racing at Daytona's Speedweeks. Co-owner Jay Robinson hopes it's not his organization's last hurrah in the Nationwide Series. Since making his series debut as an owner in the 2000 season, Robinson's credited with 575 Nationwide starts. But because of motorsports' financial landscape Robinson entered a partnership with Troy Blakeney of Houston, Texas, to primarily run the 2012 Sprint Cup Series. "This was a situation where I needed to come up with a new plan," Robinson said, laughing. "It may backfire on me and end up not being a good plan. But I certainly tried to do as well as I know how to do to put a team together, matching the right people with the right people." Robinson hopes it's not his organization's last Nationwide chapter, but reality might intervene. "I got a sponsor for Daytona [Thursday] evening, so I called J.J. [Friday] morning to see if he wanted to drive it, and he said 'yes,' " Robinson said Friday evening. "We're just doing Daytona and beyond that, I don't even know if we're going to run the Nationwide car much. I'm a little discouraged about the whole Nationwide situation right now. First, from our team's perspective -- I've been in that series so long and I've been to every race they've had since the beginning of 2001 and I just ... I hate to not be in it and I wish we were able to keep going." The bottom line led Robinson to change his primary series focus, after the No. 28 car finished 28th in the 2011 Nationwide owners' standings. "There's just no sponsorship and without sponsorship, you just can't do it any more," Robinson said. "We've got to make some hard choices on that, I guess, early in the season. We still could find some sponsorship. We don't need very much at all, to make us want to go do [Nationwide races] but you've got to have something and as of [Friday] we've only got something for Daytona." Robinson did a deal with veteran owner/driver/crew chief Jeff Spraker to operate this season's Nationwide program, which Spraker will lead at Daytona. Where that goes remains to be seen. Robinson plans a single car at Daytona for the second consecutive season, after entering three cars for the 2010 season opener.(NASCAR.com)(2-11-2012)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Yeley will run for Robinson-Blakeney in Nationwide Opener too Empty Re: Yeley will run for Robinson-Blakeney in Nationwide Opener too

Post by Sparkz47 Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Yep, just keeps gettin' weirder.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down