2012 Budweiser Shootout

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Alta on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:Ambrose you idiot!
Doesn't help when Logano was being a moving chicane.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3997
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RyanB06 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Didn't save it that time, Kyle.
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2759
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 pm

WHAT THE HELL GORDON!!!!!

_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4534
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Alpineopossum on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Wow. That was bad. It has to hurt for James Finch. Small team and you total two cars in a day.
avatar
Alpineopossum
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1858
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 21
Location : Cleveland

View user profile http://ohioperspective.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:18 pm

Why Jeff??? Fail

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Ben Atkins on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm


_________________


NR2003 Online Wins: 121 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
NR2003 Online Poles: 80 (Latest - EFR Short Track Challenge at Abbotsford Speedway [06/08/17])
iRacing Online Offical Wins: 19 (Latest - NASCAR Trucks at Daytona [06/30/17])
NR2003 Championships: 6 (2013/2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 12, 2014 GOMA Trucks, Formula 5 Season 13, Formula 5 Season 14, Formula 5 Season 16)

Nico Nico Nii.
avatar
Ben Atkins
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4534
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : zura

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by BBoy on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Now there's something you don't see everyday. Anyway, we're down to about 9 cars now.
avatar
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Alta on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

I didn't know ARCA had a shootout race.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3997
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Mother of Invention on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Alta wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:Ambrose you idiot!
Doesn't help when Logano was being a moving chicane.

same thing with Menard then?
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RyanB06 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Holy crap. Busch got it over Stewart. Shocked
avatar
RyanB06
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2759
Join date : 2011-08-08
Age : 41
Location : CT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Mother of Invention on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:31 pm

first and likely only time I'll enjoy a KyBu victory lol.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RealRacer4 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:33 pm

This Daytona 500 race, is going to be insane. My body is literally shaking.

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Tanrar on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:35 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:This Daytona 500 race, is going to be insane. My body is literally shaking.

Same here man. This was merely a sample of what's to come. My body is ready for the Daytona 500.
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by BBoy on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Damn...what a finish! Kyle Busch wins the Bud Shootout on a last turn pass on Tony Stewart! I'm just glad it's not the 500 yet.

Results

1 - 18 Kyle Busch
2 - 14 Tony Stewart
3 - 9 Marcos Ambrose
4 - 2 Brad Keselowski
5 - 11 Denny Hamlin
6 - 16 Greg Biffle
7 - 39 Ryan Newman
8 - 15 Clint Bowyer
9 - 99 Carl Edwards
10 - 42 Juan Pablo Montoya
11 - 31 Jeff Burton
12 - 22 AJ Allmendinger -2
13 - 5 Kasey Kahne -3
14 - 48 Jimmie Johnson OUT
15 - 24 Jeff Gordon OUT
16 - 1 Jamie McMurray OUT
17 - 51 Kurt Busch OUT
18 - 20 Joey Logano OUT
19 - 56 Martin Truex Jr. OUT
20 - 88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. OUT
21 - 17 Matt Kenseth OUT
22 - 29 Kevin Harvick OUT
23 - 27 Paul Menard OUT
24 - 34 David Ragan OUT
25 - 55 Michael Waltrip OUT


Last edited by BBoy on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : North Carolina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by navycook75 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I HOPE KYLE CHOKES ON THOSE M&M'S!
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Kyle Busch winning?

Don't care.
avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Alta on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Mother of Invention wrote:
Alta wrote:
Mother of Invention wrote:Ambrose you idiot!
Doesn't help when Logano was being a moving chicane.

same thing with Menard then?
Where was he all night other then wrecked? :/

Crazy as hell race overall. Would've prefered to see Ambrose score the upset...But Kyle drove a helluva race instead of having the better car for once.

We're probably gonna challenge the number of cautions as last year in the 500, That race looked like what the ARCA race should've looked like.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3997
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PKligBKFan on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:44 pm

I hate to admit this, but holy hell. Kyle ran one hell of a race. Also, seen a ton of people criticising the pack racing and accidents it had. If people think about it, with exception of the last wreck, most all those wrecks happened because people decided to tandem in the pack.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 21
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RACECAR on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm

PKligBKFan wrote:I hate to admit this, but holy hell. Kyle ran one hell of a race. Also, seen a ton of people criticising the pack racing and accidents it had. If people think about it, with exception of the last wreck, most all those wrecks happened because people decided to tandem in the pack.

It was more like people kept pushing cars on the wrong side. Every wreck that happened (including practice) was because someone pushed on the left side of the car and with the cars already skewed in a certain direction, it just helps the car go around.
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 29
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by GamerAzuzu on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:48 pm



Usually I wouldn't care about Kyle winning but after something like that I had to give props to him tonight.
avatar
GamerAzuzu
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 621
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24
Location : As a little demon serving the great Fallen Angel Yohane, I just derp around hoping I don't become a lolcow.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by pennst24 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 pm

NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PackerMan71 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.

avatar
PackerMan71
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 32
Location : Groveport, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by flyingturns89 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Every time we had a wreck it was cause somebody was pushing in the turns. Now I know why ARCA banned that.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2718
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by RACECAR on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 pm

As much as I preferred Tandems, I highly doubt "Dale jr Hicks" were the reason NASCAR got rid of it. Last I checked, many people here aren't jr fans and they sure as hell didn't like it.
avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 29
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by navycook75 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Kyle wouldn't of won that hadn't the last big one happened, pretty much the Hendrick guys had that race won....
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by conrail1990 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 pm

pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.
Im sorry, I was under the impression that most fans preffered pack racing because it was more exciting to watch than singal file push each other for 500 miles.
avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by pennst24 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 pm

conrail1990 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.
Im sorry, I was under the impression that most fans preffered pack racing because it was more exciting to watch than singal file push each other for 500 miles.

I don't have a problem with pack racing. I prefer it. But these pay drivers can't handle it.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by bartman97 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 pm

That race was one of the more interesting races on a superspeedway, you have 2 car tangoes with pack racing. There was a load of fail because of the drivers getting used to it. Kyle Busch saved a car, came back and outsmarted Stewart to win. Jeff Gordon's flip was just as weird as the Casey Mears flip at California back in 07 or 08.

Mother of Invention wrote:Ambrose you idiot!

Ambrose did turn him, but what if Joey Logano didn't attempt to come down? What if Ambrose let off? What if Martin Truex ran over Ambrose? No one's fault really, just racing deals happen like that with this kind of racing.

avatar
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Cons: Half the field got taken out, Busch won, 2CT still decided the finish, Jeff's flip.

Pros: Pack racing's back, Jimmie crashed, lots of lead changes, great finish, Ambrose was up there, Jeff's OK.
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cardinals5 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:55 pm

pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.

Not sure if trolling or stupid
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Mother of Invention on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 am

Nascarboy426 wrote:2CT still decided the finish

Wasn't by choice Vinny. Ambrose car had Aero issues from that last wreck. It would have been a four car fight to the finish otherwise.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by pennst24 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 am

Cardinals5 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.

I am either a troll or stupid

There, I fixed it for you kind sir.

Sorry for being a concerned fan. Rolling Eyes
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:57 am

pennst24 wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.

I am either a troll or stupid

There, I fixed it for you kind sir.

Sorry for being a concerned fan. Rolling Eyes

That's not being a concerned fan. It's being smug and ignorant. You blame one group of fans based on what? Because Jr fans comprise well over 50% of NASCAR's viewership, it's their fault? Somehow, you can pin precisely the frustrated statements of a worldwide viewing audience on a select core of fans? You're either a psychic or you're blaming the easiest target. You might as well be blaming Danica Patrick or Bernie Eccelstone.

You don't like the racing? Change the channel. I did that at (among other tracks) Talladega and Daytona last year. The tandem racing was NOT superspeedway racing in NASCAR; whether you like it or not, pack racing is the allure of these tracks. Without it, Daytona is nothing but a blown up version of Las Vegas, and we know how exciting those races are. A great finish does not make a good race, and aside from the Daytona 500 there was a lot left to be desired by the plate races last year.

EDIT: Also, referring to your post above: The "pay drivers" weren't the ones messing up tonight. Jeff Gordon, Greg Biffle, Martin Truex, Jimmie Johnson all messed up at various points in the race, among other drivers that I assuredly missed. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only pay driver in the field at all is Paul Menard, and he was as qualified as any other driver.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:16 am

I guess Gordon lost his flipping virginity in NASCAR after all these years Laughing
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:17 am

PYLrulz wrote:I guess Gordon lost his flipping virginity in NASCAR after all these years Laughing

I was going to ask if anyone else could recall him flipping in NASCAR...because no one I know has been able to mention any race where he did. Hard hits? Absolutely. Flips? Nope.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 am

Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:I guess Gordon lost his flipping virginity in NASCAR after all these years Laughing

I was going to ask if anyone else could recall him flipping in NASCAR...because no one I know has been able to mention any race where he did. Hard hits? Absolutely. Flips? Nope.

In NASCAR, the closest before tonight he ever flipped was the Coke 600 a few years back when he got some air on the front straight.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:32 am

PYLrulz wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
PYLrulz wrote:I guess Gordon lost his flipping virginity in NASCAR after all these years Laughing

I was going to ask if anyone else could recall him flipping in NASCAR...because no one I know has been able to mention any race where he did. Hard hits? Absolutely. Flips? Nope.

In NASCAR, the closest before tonight he ever flipped was the Coke 600 a few years back when he got some air on the front straight.

I thought of that one first and had to find the video on YouTube before I realized he hadn't flipped.

Still, to go almost 20 years without your car rolling once is remarkable
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cynon on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 am

That was some of the worst driving I have ever seen in the Sprint Cup series, except for Robby Gordon, who was guest driving in the 18 car-...

Hmm, he wasn't?

Ah. Sorry. My mistake, because I typically don't associate Kyle Busch with legitimately doing a good job when the cards are down. I was admittedly hoping he and Stewart would have wrecked each other (again) just to hear their inflated egos rage at each other some more.

Jeff Gordon proved that nobody will be killed in the COT, therefore proving that NASCAR is totally safe unless a car gets smashed through the windshield by another car.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3117
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:42 am

Cynon wrote:That was some of the worst driving I have ever seen in the Sprint Cup series, except for Robby Gordon, who was guest driving in the 18 car-...

Hmm, he wasn't?

Ah. Sorry. My mistake, because I typically don't associate Kyle Busch with legitimately doing a good job when the cards are down. I was admittedly hoping he and Stewart would have wrecked each other (again) just to hear their inflated egos rage at each other some more.

Jeff Gordon proved that nobody will be killed in the COT, therefore proving that NASCAR is totally safe unless a car gets smashed through the windshield by another car.

Agreed, it wasn't the best, but I think we can all agree there's been far worse. Hopefully by the time the Duel Races come around they will learn NOT to lean on the left rear of the car in front of them. The Shootout is always a good barometer of what not to do in the 500.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:59 am

Looking through the names that raced this past season, and their past flips (and I'm sure I missed a few)

Tony Stewart has had a few flips at Daytona and Talladega
Carl Edwards had his epic with Brad Keselowski at Talladega a few years back
Brad Keselowski flipped it at Atlanta (with help from Carl)
A.J. Allmendinger flipped it at Talladega a couple years back
Clint Bowyer had his epic flip at Daytona years back when he crossed the finish line upside down
Dale Jr. flipped it in a Busch race years back at Daytona (and did it again in a Nationwide race a few years back)
Matt Kenesth flipped it at Talladega a few years back
Ryan Newman lost his wheel, and it helped him roll at Daytona years back
Kyle Busch rolled it at Talladega in a Nationwide race a few years back
Mark Martin had an epic flip at Sonoma YEARS back, and then did it at Talladega a few years ago
Joey Logano had his roll at Dover a few years back
Bobby Labonte had a roll at Talladega years back on the last lap
David Reutimann had his scare at Watkins Glen last year
Michael McDowell had his super scare at Texas in qualifying a few years back
Michael Waltrip rolled it at Talladega once, and Daytona twice
Casey Mears had that roll at California a few years back (the first flip for the COT), and a flip at Talladega in the Nationwide race
Ken Schrader flipped it at Sonoma years back (in the same race at the same spot, Steve Park rolled it too), and flipped at Talladega as well
Geoffrey Bodine had that epic scary truck crash at Daytona in 2000
Bill Elliott had a flip at Talladega years back
Scott Riggs had a flip at Talladega years back where he made it rain car parts on Jeff Burton
Joe Nemechek had a flip at Nashville a few years back where he wanted to actually race the car afterwords (and was not allowed)
Steve Park had a flip at Sonoma and Pocono
Scott Wimmer flipped it in the 500 for Bill Davis years back
Mike Skinner rolled it at Charlotte a few years back in a truck
Todd Bodine rolled it at Talladega years back in a Busch race
Dennis Setzer had a flip at Talladega a few years ago in a Nationwide race

Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch, Greg Biffle, Jeff Burton, and Jamie McMurray are the big names with a lot of years in NASCAR not to have flipped it yet

Also, Terry Labonte never flipped it in NASCAR (as far as I can find)

And Cynon... agreed. At this point, Gordon has proved it would take an act of god to get killed in the COT
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Jason Hamilton on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 am

Having seen this race I have come to the conclusion that the 500 will be like porn to Boozooka.
avatar
Jason Hamilton
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 713
Join date : 2011-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere that can spell colour correctly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by BWard on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 am

To be honest I can only imagine the Daytona 500 is going to be a crashfest. In fact I don't think that there will be many cars left running at the end of the 200-lap race.
avatar
BWard
Legend
Legend

Posts : 5823
Join date : 2012-01-11
Age : 20
Location : Northampton, UK

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Mystrsyko on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 am

watching the highlights, or lowlights for gordon fans, makes me wonder if jeffie will be thanking rusty wallace in the morning for that rusty bar in the driver's window.

as for the race, it seems to be exactly what i expected. nobody can set up a pass without wrecking half the field in the process, and this is somehow "better" than the two car thing before. time to start digging through the old tapes to find all the driver quotes against pack racing
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by PYLrulz on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:09 am

Mystrsyko wrote:watching the highlights, or lowlights for gordon fans, makes me wonder if jeffie will be thanking rusty wallace in the morning for that rusty bar in the driver's window.

as for the race, it seems to be exactly what i expected. nobody can set up a pass without wrecking half the field in the process, and this is somehow "better" than the two car thing before. time to start digging through the old tapes to find all the driver quotes against pack racing

Agreed. While yeah, sometimes the tandem racing stunk, at least passes could be made without wrecking half the damn field.

Anybody want to put out an over/under on how many cars will be on the lead lap at the finish?!?
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by pennst24 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:16 am

Cardinals5 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
pennst24 wrote:NASCAR's really pushing their luck. They claim to be the best in the world, lol they suck. I guess Brian France wants to wreck cars to satisfy the Dale Jr. hicks, but I don't want to hear the bitching when a driver leaves in a casket.

I am either a troll or stupid

There, I fixed it for you kind sir.

Sorry for being a concerned fan. Rolling Eyes

That's not being a concerned fan. It's being smug and ignorant. You blame one group of fans based on what? Because Jr fans comprise well over 50% of NASCAR's viewership, it's their fault? Somehow, you can pin precisely the frustrated statements of a worldwide viewing audience on a select core of fans? You're either a psychic or you're blaming the easiest target. You might as well be blaming Danica Patrick or Bernie Eccelstone.

You don't like the racing? Change the channel. I did that at (among other tracks) Talladega and Daytona last year. The tandem racing was NOT superspeedway racing in NASCAR; whether you like it or not, pack racing is the allure of these tracks. Without it, Daytona is nothing but a blown up version of Las Vegas, and we know how exciting those races are. A great finish does not make a good race, and aside from the Daytona 500 there was a lot left to be desired by the plate races last year.

EDIT: Also, referring to your post above: The "pay drivers" weren't the ones messing up tonight. Jeff Gordon, Greg Biffle, Martin Truex, Jimmie Johnson all messed up at various points in the race, among other drivers that I assuredly missed. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only pay driver in the field at all is Paul Menard, and he was as qualified as any other driver.

Sure, I was a little off base with the comments, it's in the heat of the moment. Although you can't ignore the fact that Jr. bitched really hard after the July race last year.

I think that a lot of the guys in the field really drove out of their depth. Hell, it was Gordon's fault he flipped 100%. I guess it was a product of no points, Saturday night plate racing. I doubt the 500 will be like that.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by ParaLanche on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

The only sure way to get hurt in the COT would be a car hitting the roof or underside of another car, those are the weak points IMO, look at BK's wreck with Edwards in Atlanta 2010(or 09?)
avatar
ParaLanche
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 23
Location : West Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Don't believe Dale Jr. has flipped in Cup. I know he went over in the Busch races in '98 and 2010.


Last edited by Nascarboy426 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by pennst24 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Nascarboy426 wrote:Don't believe Dale Jr. has flipped either save that one time in Busch competition.

O rly?

avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:20 pm

pennst24 wrote:
Nascarboy426 wrote:Don't believe Dale Jr. has flipped either save that one time in Busch competition.

O rly?


I actually remembered that wreck before you posted that Razz
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1264
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Mystrsyko on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 pm

ParaLanche wrote:The only sure way to get hurt in the COT would be a car hitting the roof or underside of another car, those are the weak points IMO, look at BK's wreck with Edwards in Atlanta 2010(or 09?)
yeah, the car's roof is way too weak imo. Ryan newman had the roll bars pressed against his head when he blew over at talladega, and Keselowski had both sides of the roof pushed down to the doors. Honestly, i think the only thing that saved him was the earnhardt bar running down the middle

as far as i'm concerned, the cockpit section of the car should never be compromised under any circumstances. the whole rest of the car should be long gone before the drivers compartment fails.
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 Budweiser Shootout

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum