Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EFR Track Ratings

3 posters

Go down

EFR Track Ratings Empty EFR Track Ratings

Post by f1fan12 Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 am

For 2012, ARLA, TMMC, CRL, are having schedules with large amounts of returning tracks, so this is where you say if you like them or not. Here are the 2011 TMMC Track reviews

Las Vegas- This had to be designed by the same desingers as Autodromo Daniel Estevem. Wide, but a smaller sized track. I think a fair alternitive to the 2 Plus mile Superspeedways.

Texas- 2010 race, zzzzzzz 2011, was a little more promising, the start was, ok. But it was zzzzzzzz as well.

Carbondale- The best short track TMMC runs on. It requires a fast car to race on, and isn't too much of a crashfest.

Britain- One of the better Road Courses on the TMMC schedule, It has quite a bit of passing, and when fuel milage is tossed around the racing is quite good.

Sweeden- Not quite sure where the temporary track idea came from, maybe that chicane but, not this track didn't impress me.

Germany- Eurospeedway is one of two superspeedways that should stay, this one actually provides a bit of breaking and the pack really isn't as tight as a Daytona or Talladega.

Karjala- 2009 and 2010 didn't dissapoint its stature, 2011 was somwhat boring compared to the others, but its probably just a fluke.

Russia- I love a good airport course. This one isn't all that bad, It has been said that it was one of the worst TMMC track by people, I like it, and at least it wasn't like watching paint dry like Houston. Yes it was fail, but interesting

Czech Republic- This one is difficult because, races start interesting but quickly get boring. Wouldn't mind not seeing it return.

Daytona- Well......... When Drag is increased, it fails, when it is fast and in a pack it is failed. 2011 would have been interesting to see how the track would have been if the lap 1 crash never happened. With increased drag, I really don't know how it would turn out.

Ohio- Pipsqueak park, This track looks difficult to pass on, since it is so tiny and fast. Wasn't one of the better races but wasn't too bad. This track was strange but, pulled through. I wish he'd add more laps so the race isn't so short.

Road America- Needs some kind of kick to it, 2010 was good, had twists and turns, 2011, had them as well, but for some reason I didn't connect with that race.

Quincy- The death bowl, is an interesting one. But, recent races have been less fail.

Indianapolis- It is a superspeedway that isn't a crapshoot, and actually requires a good bit of skill. Indy 2011 was one of the greatest races ever in TMMC.

Michigan- This track seems to have an interesting race pattern, boring start, interesting middle, boring end with a twist, 2010, Plissken blowing up, 2011, Fuel.

Quebec- This track was a suprise. I expected it to be a decent race, but the speeds were so slow due to the width of the track. It didn't impress.

British Columbia- WOW, Throw on the rain tires and its an ok race, take them off, half of the cars, and on a dry track, and the track turns into the single greatest Road Course in TMMC. My two favorite TMMC races have had sizeably less cars than a regular feild, Russia 2010 being the other.

Japan- I know it was a placefiller track, it was slow, it had a huge pack, they splatter all kinds of cars all over the track, and I don't know what to call it, is it a superspeedway, because of the packs, Road Cours because of the inverted quad-oval, Short track, due to the short speeds, what is it?

Brazil- Races here have been historically interesting, 2009 and 2010 brought huge packs, 2011 looked a bit more spread out, and it looked like if a driver wanted to make a pass, they essentailly threw their cars into the turns. This track however has a dark side, all of the major crashes happen the same way, cars get togeather off 2, spin down backstretch, fly back up track in turn 3 wiping 10 cars out, however, if the 999 didn't blow up, I belive 2011, was spread out enough that that might have not happened.

Decuter- This track I think is overhyped. Its just a personal preference, I just don't like it. Theres no wow factor.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

EFR Track Ratings Empty Re: EFR Track Ratings

Post by gwoodard41 Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:10 pm

f1fan12 wrote:For 2012, ARLA, TMMC, CRL, are having schedules with large amounts of returning tracks, so this is where you say if you like them or not. Here are the 2011 TMMC Track reviews

Las Vegas- This had to be designed by the same designers as Autodromo Daniel Estevem. Wide, but a smaller sized track. I think a fair alternative to the 2 Plus mile Super speedways.

Texas- The 2010 race was a good way to cure your insomnia. 2011, on the other hand, was a little more promising, the start was, ok. But it was a snooze-fest as well.

Carbondale- The best short track TMMC runs on. It requires a fast car to race on, and isn't too much of a crash-fest.

Britain- One of the better Road Courses on the TMMC schedule, It has quite a bit of passing, and when fuel mileage is tossed around the racing is quite good.

Sweden- Not quite sure where the temporary track idea came from, maybe that chicane but, not this track didn't impress me.

Germany- Eurospeedway is one of two super speedways that should stay, this one actually provides a bit of breaking and the pack really isn't as tight as a Daytona or Talladega.

Karjala- 2009 and 2010 didn't disappoint its stature, 2011 was somewhat boring compared to the others, but its probably just a fluke.

Russia- I love a good airport course. This one isn't all that bad, It has been said that it was one of the worst TMMC track by people, I like it, and at least it wasn't like watching paint dry like Houston. Yes it was fail, but interesting

Czech Republic- This one is difficult because, races start interesting but quickly get boring. Wouldn't mind not seeing it return.

Daytona- Well......... When Drag is increased, it fails, when it is fast and in a pack it is failed. 2011 would have been interesting to see how the track would have been if the lap 1 crash never happened. With increased drag, I really don't know how it would turn out.

Ohio- Pipsqueak park, This track looks difficult to pass on, since it is so tiny and fast. Wasn't one of the better races but wasn't too bad. This track was strange but, pulled through. I wish he'd add more laps so the race isn't so short.

Road America- Needs some kind of kick to it, 2010 was good, had twists and turns, 2011, had them as well, but for some reason I didn't connect with that race.

Quincy- The death bowl, is an interesting one. But, recent races have been less fail.

Indianapolis- It is a super speedway that isn't a crap shoot, and actually requires a good bit of skill. Indy 2011 was one of the greatest races ever in TMMC.

Michigan- This track seems to have an interesting race pattern, boring start, interesting middle, boring end with a twist, 2010, Plissken blowing up, 2011, Fuel.

Quebec- This track was a surprise. I expected it to be a decent race, but the speeds were so slow due to the width of the track. It didn't impress.

British Columbia- WOW, Throw on the rain tires and its an ok race, take them off, half of the cars, and on a dry track, and the track turns into the single greatest Road Course in TMMC. My two favorite TMMC races have had less cars than a regular field, Russia 2010 being the other.

Japan- I know it was meant to be a replacement to the original, it was slow, it had a huge pack, they splatter all kinds of cars all over the track, and I don't know what to call it, is it a super speedway, because of the packs, Road Course because of the inverted quad-oval, Short track, due to the short speeds, what is it?

Brazil- Races here have been historically interesting, 2009 and 2010 brought huge packs, 2011 looked a bit more spread out, and it looked like if a driver wanted to make a pass, they essentially threw their cars into the turns. This track however has a dark side, all of the major crashes happen the same way, cars get together off 2, spin down backstretch, fly back up track in turn 3 wiping 10 cars out, however, if the 999 didn't blow up, I believe 2011, was spread out enough that that might have not happened.

Decuter Decatur- This track I think is over hyped. Its just a personal preference, I just don't like it. There is no wow factor.

First, while I do agree with you for mostly everything, I have a couple of issues.

About Decatur, while 'over hyped' is a term of which you believe the track to be. You forget that this is probably the track that really started it all. Besides, being a 'local' of that track's location, you hit a sore spot with me and you must burn, and then be dumped into a really deep hole to have your remains hidden until the end of time. Twisted Evil

About Daytona, when you have AI settings to a point where:

Teammates take each other out and just leads to one of the biggest 'oh crap' moments up until that point.
Several Drivers wind up being taken out if not nearly being killed.
And an Independent's Trophy Contender who isn't even American winning the race on the 4TH OF FREAKING JULY.

While that is interesting and sad to see... You honestly believe Texas was a snooze fest? If those things up there didn't happen, Daytona would have been a cure for insomnia as well.

gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahgee1124 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:34 pm

Las Vegas: Better than Brazil and Daytona but not as good as Talladega, EuroSpeedway or Indy
Texas: Horrid
Carbondale: Almost as good as Grand Detour
Brands Hatch: Silverstone would be better in my opinion
Sweden: Average
EuroSpeedway: In my opinion its worse than Dega
Karjala: Not a fan personally, not enough passing and half the field wrecks in the first corner
Russia: Better than some road courses
Czech Republic: Too much rain
Daytona: Would be great except for Saar USA
Ohio: Not as good as Carbondale or Grand Detour
Road America: Karjala with most of the cars in the lead pack in turn 2
Grand Detour: The only Short Track deserving of a guaranteed spot on the schedule
Indy: A Superspeedway that requires skill
West Midland: OK
Quebec: Interesting
British Columbia: Cool layout, disappointing racing
Japan: Was Suzuka taking the year off?
Brazil: Deserves another year, people only want it off because of Hamilton's death
Decatur: Not as good as everyone makes it out to be
Jahgee1124
Jahgee1124
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by f1fan12 Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 am

Jahgee1124 wrote:Las Vegas: Better than Brazil and Daytona but not as good as Talladega, EuroSpeedway or Indy
Texas: Horrid
Carbondale: Almost as good as Grand Detour
Brands Hatch: Silverstone would be better in my opinion
Sweden: Average
EuroSpeedway: In my opinion its worse than Dega
Karjala: Not a fan personally, not enough passing and half the field wrecks in the first corner
Russia: Better than some road courses
Czech Republic: Too much rain
Daytona: Would be great except for Saar USA
Ohio: Not as good as Carbondale or Grand Detour
Road America: Karjala with most of the cars in the lead pack in turn 2
Grand Detour: The only Short Track deserving of a guaranteed spot on the schedule
Indy: A Superspeedway that requires skill
West Midland: OK
Quebec: Interesting
British Columbia: Cool layout, disappointing racing
Japan: Was Suzuka taking the year off?
Brazil: Deserves another year, people only want it off because of Hamilton's death
Decatur: Not as good as everyone makes it out to be

Karjala has more than enough passing, and how in the world was British Columbia dissapointing, I'd consider it the best road course in the TMMC.

I feel Eurospeedway requires just as much skill as Indy. Daytona was quite clearly one of the worst races I have ever seen, and Suzuka was never on the TMMC schedule.
f1fan12
f1fan12
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down