Another Waltrip joins FOX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by racingfreak1999 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:27 pm

FOX announces 2012 Broadcast Schedule: FOX Sports gears up for its 12th season of NASCAR coverage by unveiling the 2012 NASCAR on FOX broadcast schedule featuring 13 NASCAR Sprint Cup points races and 15 events total, highlighted by the 54th running of the Daytona 500, live on Sunday, Feb. 26 (1:00-5:30 pm/et) from Daytona International Speedway. Coverage of the "Great American Race" begins that day with a special one-hour pre-race program (12:00-1:00 pm/et) from the DIS infield and a completely remodeled Hollywood Hotel. The flag officially drops on FOX Sports' 2012 Speedweeks coverage with the Budweiser Shootout, live on Saturday, Feb. 18 in prime time (8:00-10:00 pm/et), followed by live coverage of Daytona 500 Qualifying on Sunday, Feb. 19 (1:00-4:00 pm/et).
Michael Waltrip, driver, owner and pitch-man extraordinaire, joins the FOX NASCAR SUNDAY prerace team, taking a seat in the famed Hollywood Hotel alongside big brother Darrell Waltrip and host Chris Myers. Darrell and former champion crew chief Larry McReynolds return to provide race analysis for all NASCAR on FOX Sprint Cup events, and Mike Joy returns as race announcer. Veteran analyst Jeff Hammond takes his extensive experience as a former championship-winning crew chief to the action in the garages and on pit road. Dick Berggren, Steve Byrnes, Matt Yocum and Krista Voda also return to cover pit road. NASCAR on FOX "storm scout" and meteorologist Rick Dickert of FOX-owned KTTV in Los Angeles rejoins the crew to provide weather updates to viewers on the FOX NASCAR SUNDAY prerace show as well as during race coverage.(FOX), see the full schedule on my 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Schedule.(2-7-2012)

I don't think I need to say anything else.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by flyingturns89 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Sort of a good news/bad news situation.
Bad news: Michael Waltrip screwing things up in the booth.
Good news: That's most likely because he couldn't get a ride.
avatar
flyingturns89
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2715
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Rykia on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

flyingturns89 wrote:Sort of a good news/bad news situation.
Bad news: Michael Waltrip screwing things up in the booth.
Good news: That's most likely because he couldn't get a ride.

Because he would've had to races for a one car team if he wanted to race.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Nice. I like the Waltrips.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by pennst24 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Darrell is bearable, but Mikey...

...ugh.
avatar
pennst24
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1262
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Sparkz47 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:10 pm

vbooy57 wrote:Nice. I like the Waltrips.

This.
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Alta on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Mikey out of the 500. YES NO BIG ON LAP 20

Joining the hotel. Meh just mute it when he comes on.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:Nice. I like the Waltrips.

This.
One of us...one of us...one of us...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by pepsibottle1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Oh boy....
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Cynon on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Both the Waltrips need to be banned from having a microphone anywhere within 20 feet of them. Now.

They're both annoying as hell and kill what otherwise would be a good race. I'd rather have Rusty or the Sound of Sandpaper Dale Jarrett in there than either one of those clowns.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 21
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Vancouver
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3096
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Cynon wrote:Both the Waltrips need to be banned from having a microphone anywhere within 20 feet of them. Now.

They're both annoying as hell and kill what otherwise would be a good race. I'd rather have Rusty or the Sound of Sandpaper Dale Jarrett in there than either one of those clowns.
I like Dale Jarrett too.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by AntmanB on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

dw isnt bad, michael and rusty are terrible.


Last edited by AntmanB on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1459
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by pepsibottle1 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:14 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Both the Waltrips need to be banned from having a microphone anywhere within 20 feet of them. Now.

They're both annoying as hell and kill what otherwise would be a good race. I'd rather have Rusty or the Sound of Sandpaper Dale Jarrett in there than either one of those clowns.
I like Dale Jarrett too.

Dale Jarrett was one of my all time favorite drivers. However, his broadcasting talents have much to be desired. Needs to take lessons from his dad.
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 22
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by PYLrulz on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, if there is good news, it looks like the pre-race coverage is being shortened for the most part, so we only have to deal with Mikey for 30 minutes, if that
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by PKligBKFan on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm

I really don't see the problem with Mikey or Darrell commentating. It's Mikey & Darrell commentating together I don't like.
avatar
PKligBKFan
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Canada. :)

View user profile http://twitter.com/#!/ParkerKligfan29

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by bartman97 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:23 am

Like I ever watch the pre-race show anyway.
avatar
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by navycook75 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:11 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:
Cynon wrote:Both the Waltrips need to be banned from having a microphone anywhere within 20 feet of them. Now.

They're both annoying as hell and kill what otherwise would be a good race. I'd rather have Rusty or the Sound of Sandpaper Dale Jarrett in there than either one of those clowns.
I like Dale Jarrett too.

Dale Jarrett was one of my all time favorite drivers. However, his broadcasting talents have much to be desired. Needs to take lessons from his dad.
I agree with Matt, even though Dale is one of my favorite drivers, his broadcasting talents need a lot of work.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4916
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by day500champ1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I honestly like Mikey better in the booth. And FOX has always, to me, been the better broadcasters anyway.

No offense, Cooper, but I think Rusty is one of the worst commentators. Punch and Andy were the worst ones.

DJ is ok, kind of like Wally and Kyle. They're there but they aren't as exciting to listen to as Mike, Larry, and Darrell.
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by JMac525 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:58 pm

day500champ1 wrote:I honestly like Mikey better in the booth. And FOX has always, to me, been the better broadcasters anyway.

No offense, Cooper, but I think Rusty is one of the worst commentators. Punch and Andy were the worst ones.

DJ is ok, kind of like Wally and Kyle. They're there but they aren't as exciting to listen to as Mike, Larry, and Darrell.

I agree with this almost completely. My only disagreement is that I cannot stand Kyle Petty's commentating.
avatar
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 24
Location : Indiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Vincent Giacalone on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:08 pm

bartman97 wrote:Like I ever watch the pre-race show anyway.

Essentially this.
avatar
Vincent Giacalone
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Rykia on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

JMac525 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I honestly like Mikey better in the booth. And FOX has always, to me, been the better broadcasters anyway.

No offense, Cooper, but I think Rusty is one of the worst commentators. Punch and Andy were the worst ones.

DJ is ok, kind of like Wally and Kyle. They're there but they aren't as exciting to listen to as Mike, Larry, and Darrell.

I agree with this almost completely. My only disagreement is that I cannot stand Kyle Petty's commentating.

C'mon, let's be honest here.
avatar
Rykia
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2550
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 20
Location : Cornfields.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by PYLrulz on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:54 pm

JMac525 wrote:
day500champ1 wrote:I honestly like Mikey better in the booth. And FOX has always, to me, been the better broadcasters anyway.

No offense, Cooper, but I think Rusty is one of the worst commentators. Punch and Andy were the worst ones.

DJ is ok, kind of like Wally and Kyle. They're there but they aren't as exciting to listen to as Mike, Larry, and Darrell.

I agree with this almost completely. My only disagreement is that I cannot stand Kyle Petty's commentating.

Agreed. There are also a time or two where Petty can act like a bitter old man.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by Alta on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Anyone notice when ever Mikey's in the booth for a truck race the commentary team seems a lot sillier but when he's not there they actually seem competent.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3983
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 93
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Waltrip joins FOX

Post by RACECAR on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 am

Wait, everyone's going ape because Mikey is on the pre-race show? Laughing

Made it sound like he was actually gonna in the booth during the races. No big deal to me.


avatar
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 815
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 28
Location : Dallas, TX

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum