Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed...

+6
Cynon
BBoy
JMac525
BWard
day500champ1
Ceej
10 posters

Go down

2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed... Empty 2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed...

Post by Ceej Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 pm

http://photos.speedtv.com/gallery/2013_Sprint_Cup_Ford_Fusion

NASCAR finally looked up "Brand Identity" in the dictionary...
Ceej
Ceej
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed... Empty Re: 2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed...

Post by day500champ1 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm

You I saw a video of Carl at the N.A.I.A.S where he was looking at the production model 2013 Fusion. The first thing that came to my mind is the car reminds me of an Austin Martin.
day500champ1
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed... Empty Re: 2013 NASCAR Ford Fusion revealed...

Post by BWard Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:23 pm

It looks unbelievably awesome!
BWard
BWard
Legend
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-G6rEsg8Pbu_eZJLyzepYg

Back to top Go down

Post by JMac525 Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 pm

day500champ1 wrote:You I saw a video of Carl at the N.A.I.A.S where he was looking at the production model 2013 Fusion. The first thing that came to my mind is the car reminds me of an Austin Martin.

Same here.
JMac525
JMac525
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by BBoy Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm digging it! Can't wait for the other 2013 cars to come out later on!
BBoy
BBoy
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Sorry to burst the bubble of this thread, but if "Brand Identity" just means a bunch of different stickers than it's no different than what we have now. Either way it'll probably still be a de facto spec car.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Camphausen Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Cynon wrote:Sorry to burst the bubble of this thread, but if "Brand Identity" just means a bunch of different stickers than it's no different than what we have now. Either way it'll probably still be a de facto spec car.
At least the body looks somewhat altered to look somewhat like the fusion.
Blake Camphausen
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 pm

*orgasms* Shocked

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynon Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Cynon wrote:Sorry to burst the bubble of this thread, but if "Brand Identity" just means a bunch of different stickers than it's no different than what we have now. Either way it'll probably still be a de facto spec car.

About as much as the current Fusion looks like the actual road car. To be honest, NASCAR hasn't had legitimate brand identity in over 20 years. Would you recognize it without all those stickers? My guess is probably not.

It's not something that I particularly care about (because it's all window-dressing and doesn't affect the quality of the racing, let's be realistic), I'm just wondering how it will perform on-track and if the bumpers line up with each other.

Seeing as the bumpers appear to line up with each other, I'm not holding my breath.

Online Wins: 27
Last Win: ARSS @ Papyrus 2
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Catbag wrote:If there were no insanity, it would be necessary to invent it.

Anon wrote:Yeah, but what if Ann Coulter tried bath salts?

Cynon
Cynon
Admin

https://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkz47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Cynon wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:

About as much as the current Fusion looks like the actual road car. To be honest, NASCAR hasn't had legitimate brand identity in over 20 years. Would you recognize it without all those stickers? My guess is probably not.

It's not something that I particularly care about (because it's all window-dressing and doesn't affect the quality of the racing, let's be realistic), I'm just wondering how it will perform on-track and if the bumpers line up with each other.

Seeing as the bumpers appear to line up with each other, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm kind of with you on this one, Cy. I mean, it looks really nice, and it's good to see it has an actual Ford shape, unlike the car-shaped boxes we have out there today, but I don't think any amount of tweaking could bring legitimate brand identity back into this sport.

It's more-or-less a sponsorship deal now than anything. The manufactures have very little to do with the development of the actual race car, mechanically. Once the car has been designed performance-wise, they put it together and give it a chassis that vaguely resembles one of the manufacturers production models. Then they slap on some brand stickers and away it goes.
Sparkz47
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RealRacer4 Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:18 pm

IMO, I would love to see someone take this new Fusion, and replace it with everything that's Aston Martin-related for photoshop lols. Laughing

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rykia Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

The car does look cool though.

Rykia
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down