Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Lights? (Custom Templates)

3 posters

Go down

Help with Lights? (Custom Templates) Empty Help with Lights? (Custom Templates)

Post by OpenwheelRiggleman Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:33 am

I can make a half decent light layout, but when I try making the Shading for it, that's when I always mess it up.

I also need advice on how you would go about getting the actual parts like the bulbs themselves in the light. I know that may sound confusing.

I have tried this before, and I got one that looked OK (Shade Wise) but it looked like something from a 1980s video game.

Can anyone help me with this?
OpenwheelRiggleman
OpenwheelRiggleman
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Help with Lights? (Custom Templates) Empty Re: Help with Lights? (Custom Templates)

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:39 am

What program do you use?
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Help with Lights? (Custom Templates) Empty Re: Help with Lights? (Custom Templates)

Post by OpenwheelRiggleman Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:40 am

Photoshop (Preferably)
OpenwheelRiggleman
OpenwheelRiggleman
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:49 am

I apologize, but I use GIMP and I can do halfway decent shading, check the paint shop for examples.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Location : Decatur, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenwheelRiggleman Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 am

I can manage with GIMP as well. It's just I've made a couple of things in Photoshop that are better compared to the (almost) same thing in GIMP.
OpenwheelRiggleman
OpenwheelRiggleman
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by gwoodard41 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:55 am

Of course, Photoshop is a nuclear plant compared to Gimp's level of power of doing neat things.

I would pm Ceej or Cynon, they have the most experience here in dealing with those type of details.
gwoodard41
gwoodard41
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardinals5 Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:12 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Of course, Photoshop is a nuclear plant compared to Gimp's level of power of doing neat things.

I would pm Ceej or Cynon, they have the most experience here in dealing with those type of details.

Photoshop is a nuclear plant, GIMP is two electrodes attached to a hamster wheel
Cardinals5
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenwheelRiggleman Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:57 am

gwoodard41 wrote:Of course, Photoshop is a nuclear plant compared to Gimp's level of power of doing neat things.

The cars you uploaded are pretty awesome. I dunno. I've actually stopped caring about the professionalism so as long as I get it done and people are happy with it, I can't say much more about it. I might upload pictures as I go...
OpenwheelRiggleman
OpenwheelRiggleman
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down