Ernhrtfan Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RickyCarmichael Gets Pwned

4 posters

Go down

RickyCarmichael Gets Pwned Empty RickyCarmichael Gets Pwned

Post by AntmanB Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Morgan Shepherd plans another full season: Morgan Shepherd will be celebrating his 45th season in NASCAR in 2012 with plans to compete for the full season in the Nationwide Series. Morgan enjoyed his finest season in points in 2011 by competing in all thirty-four events and finishing a hard fought 21st in driver points. With a recent burst of interest in the 70-year-old Shepherd, exciting new announcements will be forthcoming in the next few days. Sponsorship negotiations are ongoing but opportunities are still available with the inspirational owner and driver of the #89 team.(Faith Motorsports)(1-19-2012)

Kyle, Kurt Busch to run the full season with Monster Energy: Kyle Busch Motorsports announced that it has signed a multi-year agreement with Monster Energy Company as primary sponsor of the team's #54 Monster Energy Camry in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Team owner Kyle Busch, the all-time race winning driver in the history of the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will share driving duties with his brother Kurt Busch, the 2004 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion. Kyle will drive the season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway and the subsequent four races through California before splitting the balance of the season with Kurt. The team's goal will be to capture an Owner's Championship in its inaugural race season, similar to the Owner's Championship accomplished by KBM in its first full season in the Camping World Truck Series in 2010. The development of this duo as teammates fits perfectly for primary team sponsor Monster Energy, who foregoes traditional forms of advertising and instead seeks brand exposure through the use of Extreme Athletes. With Monster Energy looking for increased presence across the NASCAR fan base, the company identified the Busch brothers as the drivers that best fit its family of Monster Energy Team Athletes. To complement the driver lineup, and ensure a strong competitive advantage, KBM brings industry veteran and winning crew chief Mike Beam into the fold as the #54 Monster Energy Camry team leader. Beam is a long-time fixture in NASCAR who has accomplished career victories across all three major touring series. At an early age, Mike became a successful contributor towards a variety of competitive racing organizations including Petty Enterprises and Roush Fenway Racing.(KBM), see an image of the car on the #54 team paint scheme page.(1-19-2012)
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

RickyCarmichael Gets Pwned Empty Re: RickyCarmichael Gets Pwned

Post by RACECAR Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Well what do you, the same two people who couldn't keep their heads out their asses long enough for the chase last season now want to team up. I'm just waiting for them to screw up royally at this.
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by PYLrulz Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:05 pm

One less reason for me to drink Monster Energy drinks
PYLrulz
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm

:facepalm:

Carmichael is racing for KBM next year, Why Monster went over to KBM in the first place.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:13 pm

uh im pretty sure carmichael is still at turner.
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Alta Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Almost certain there was an announcement made the other day about Carmichael to KBM. Will do some digging.
Alta
Alta
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RACECAR Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:53 am

Just relised something: With this announcement, it means no More NOS (not that it mattered as none of the drivers they sponsor are interesting anyway).

PYLrulz wrote:One less reason for me to drink Monster Energy drinks

Was Ken Block Not enough of reason? Laughing
RACECAR
RACECAR
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spyker88

Back to top Go down

Post by AntmanB Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Carmichael; "Rug Pulled Out From Under" in KBM/Monster Energy deal: Multi-time AMA motocross and supercross champion-turned NASCAR driver Ricky Carmichael says he is uncertain of his plans for 2012, after sponsor Monster Energy elected to back brothers Kyle and Kurt Busch in a new NASCAR Nationwide Series effort. In an exclusive interview on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio's SiriusXM Speedway with Dave Moody, Carmichael said he initially was assured the Monster Energy sponsorship would remain with him in 2012, and that the 20 NASCAR Nationwide Series races announced yesterday for Kurt Busch were supposed to be his. "I had a handshake with the CEO of Monster Energy," revealed Carmichael. "But the weekend of Texas (Motor Speedway), it went away. We were good to go, but when Kyle had his issue (at Texas), it all went sideways." Carmichael said he believes his shot at retaining the Monster Energy sponsorship disappeared for good when Kurt Busch parted company with Penske Racing after the conclusion of the 2011 campaign. Gradually, Carmichael said he realized KBM was not the right place for him. Carmichael said he feared his image would suffer from signing with Busch, adding, "I had a feeling that if I went there, I would lose fans. I was afraid people would say, `I used to like Ricky Carmichael, but now I don't because he races for Kyle.' I felt it wasn't right for me. I need everything to be positive, and nothing negative. "I have no disrespect for Kyle Busch," insisted Carmichael. "He's a heck of a driver and he's going to win a lot of races. I haven't really come close to winning in NASCAR, so I've got no leg to stand on. I can't complain about the decision. (Kyle and I) just have a different way of racing." Carmichael said he maintains a friendly relationship with Monster Energy, and could continue with them in some capacity this season. "I have no issues with Monster whatsoever," he said. "I'll be a part of their family forever. I feel like I played a huge (role) in bringing Monster to NASCAR in the first place. They gave me the money and said, `Go find your best NASCAR deal.' We won two or three Supercross titles together, and two or three outdoor championships. They gave me some awesome opportunities over the years. I have nothing bad to say about them, they've been behind me 100% and always will be." The former supercross champion said that while he is trying to assemble a limited schedule of NASCAR racing for this season, his involvement will be "somewhat limited. It's tough when you get the rug pulled out from under you in late December," he said. "There's not much to fall back on. It's going to take some time to get things nailed down again, but hopefully, we can come back in 2013 and do it right. "Things happen for a reason," said Carmichael. "Hopefully, this will open up some other avenues for me." (Read complete article at Sirius-Speedway.com)

So that Solves That Alta Razz
AntmanB
AntmanB
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum