Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Looks like they didn't need SOPA/PIPA after all.

http://techland.time.com/2012/01/19/feds-shut-down-megaupload-com-file-sharing-website/

"the Motion Picture Association of America, which has campaigned for a crackdown on piracy, estimated that the vast majority of content being shared on Megaupload was in violation of copyright laws."

Glad we're using the advice of a corrupt industry like the MPAA as process for an indictment.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Fuck the MPAA. That is all. And anyways, I hated Megaupload, slow and annoying as hell. Filefront FTW
Fail
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by day500champ1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I think we need to start a boycott of MPAA. Whose with me?
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

day500champ1 wrote:I think we need to start a boycott of MPAA. Whose with me?

I would...especially since their chairman used to be my state's Senator...So I feel like Connecticut needs to repent.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:16 pm

This is a prelude of what's to come if SOPA passes
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 pm

avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 pm


I just heard about that. Win!
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh Anonymous, what would we do without you?

Probably commit arson or something.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this is probably the worst thing they could have done. It's like putting out a fire with gasoline. Instead of an argument about property rights, now you have Senators using Anonymous as a legitimate threat since they were able to knock the DoJ site offline....if it were the MPAA, Lamar Smith, etc, that might not be as much of a problem, but the federal government just proved that due process doesn't mean a thing to them anymore, so I wouldn't attack a government site.


Last edited by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Blake Camphausen on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Afraid to say that this attack only gives the federal government more leverage to pass the bills...
avatar
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 436
Join date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm

FUUUUUUUUUU
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Afraid to say that this attack only gives the federal government more leverage to pass the bills...
I'm afraid to say this but, you underestimate the power of Anonymous...these guys can do more than you think, so if they have to, THEY could take over the country, using nothing but the computer thats in front of you.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Nascarfan13 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm


Nascarfan13
Shop Sweep
Shop Sweep

Posts : 17
Join date : 2012-01-19
Age : 24
Location : NH

View user profile http://www.dellarobbia.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by day500champ1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:
Afraid to say that this attack only gives the federal government more leverage to pass the bills...
I'm afraid to say this but, you underestimate the power of Anonymous...these guys can do more than you think, so if they have to, THEY could take over the country, using nothing but the computer thats in front of you.

You mean like this?
avatar
day500champ1
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2311
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : Warren, Michigan

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by PYLrulz on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Blake Camphausen wrote:
Afraid to say that this attack only gives the federal government more leverage to pass the bills...

^ This ^

What looks better, everybody is well behaved while getting the crap beat out of them (like Martin Luther King Jr. and group getting beat in the south), or fighting back, just to give the other side the argument of "Oh, they are nothing more than barbarians"?!?

Funny little payback, but in the overall picture, definitely NOT needed, and won't help.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:12 pm

day500champ1 wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Blake Camphausen wrote:
Afraid to say that this attack only gives the federal government more leverage to pass the bills...
I'm afraid to say this but, you underestimate the power of Anonymous...these guys can do more than you think, so if they have to, THEY could take over the country, using nothing but the computer thats in front of you.

You mean like this?
everything down to the "Yippie Kay Yay MotherFer"
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by RealRacer4 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:32 pm

At this rate, we got a loooooooooong year ahead of us. We had the Occupy protests to begin with, and if this SOPA crap passes, things are going to get serious.


Last edited by RealRacer4 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical error.)

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Does SOPA need to pass to be trouble? The blatant violation of due process laws alone in this case should be troubling enough to start a major protest.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Alta on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:59 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:At this rate, we got a loooooooooong year ahead of us. We had the Occupy protests to begin with, and if this SOPA crap passes, things are going to get series.
Occupy are gearing up to come back bigger in the summer. This election year gonna be fun!

And Anon is more powerful then some people think, sure this is gonna give congress firing power to pass SOPA, But Anon's legion of hackers can cause some serious stuff, from simply flooding the website to taking it completely offline.
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3996
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:At this rate, we got a loooooooooong year ahead of us. We had the Occupy protests to begin with, and if this SOPA crap passes, things are going to get series.
Occupy are gearing up to come back bigger in the summer. This election year gonna be fun!

And Anon is more powerful then some people think, sure this is gonna give congress firing power to pass SOPA, But Anon's legion of hackers can cause some serious stuff, from simply flooding the website to taking it completely offline.
which goes with what I just said....
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Alta on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:09 pm

navycook75 wrote:
Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:At this rate, we got a loooooooooong year ahead of us. We had the Occupy protests to begin with, and if this SOPA crap passes, things are going to get series.
Occupy are gearing up to come back bigger in the summer. This election year gonna be fun!

And Anon is more powerful then some people think, sure this is gonna give congress firing power to pass SOPA, But Anon's legion of hackers can cause some serious stuff, from simply flooding the website to taking it completely offline.
which goes with what I just said....
Just restating it. Razz
avatar
Alta
Legend
Legend

Posts : 3996
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 94
Location : San Francisco, California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Alta wrote:
navycook75 wrote:
Alta wrote:
RealRacer4 wrote:At this rate, we got a loooooooooong year ahead of us. We had the Occupy protests to begin with, and if this SOPA crap passes, things are going to get series.
Occupy are gearing up to come back bigger in the summer. This election year gonna be fun!

And Anon is more powerful then some people think, sure this is gonna give congress firing power to pass SOPA, But Anon's legion of hackers can cause some serious stuff, from simply flooding the website to taking it completely offline.
which goes with what I just said....
Just restating it. Razz
thats ok with me.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Sparkz47 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Not to mention that PIPA is beginning to rear it's ugly head. We've got a dual threat with it and SOPA. I can see where Anonymous is coming from, we can't just sit around and let it happen, but shutting down all these websites? Come on, you're asking for trouble. Put a message on their site if you must, tell them that it's unfair what they did. There are plenty of things you can do to get your point across than nuking all of these sites.

A list so far of the fallen webpages:

DoJ
RIAA
MPAA
Universal Music Group
EMI
HADOPI
Federal Bureau of Investigation

That's right, they got to the friggin' FBI.


Last edited by Sparkz47 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:

That's right, they got to the FRIGGIN' FBI.
good, Anonymous doesn't forgive and they don't forget, so this was expected of them.
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Legally, Megaupload was taken down for the same reasons as Limewire was. An f you for being against SOPA, internet. However, they left Mediafire, so this is no big deal.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:49 pm

vbooy57 wrote:Legally, Megaupload was taken down for the same reasons as Limewire was. An f you for being against SOPA, internet. However, they left Mediafire, so this is no big deal.

There was no empirical evidence given, just a hunch on behalf of MPAA.

AND, those arrests warrants/indictments were issued after a grand jury was convened, which is fine IF the defendants KNOW about it and are informed. They've flat said they had no idea they were being indicted until they were arrested.

And why shouldn't the internet be against SOPA? The potential for abuse is....immense.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Sparkz47 wrote:

That's right, they got to the FRIGGIN' FBI.
Like a boss!
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Cardinals5 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:Legally, Megaupload was taken down for the same reasons as Limewire was. An f you for being against SOPA, internet. However, they left Mediafire, so this is no big deal.

There was no empirical evidence given, just a hunch on behalf of MPAA.

AND, those arrests warrants/indictments were issued after a grand jury was convened, which is fine IF the defendants KNOW about it and are informed. They've flat said they had no idea they were being indicted until they were arrested. Arrow

And why shouldn't the internet be against SOPA? Arrow The potential for abuse is....immense.
The MPAA and RIAA are more important than the legal system, it seems. And that f you was coming from the MPAA and friends, certainly not myself. I support Anon on this all the way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 pm

vbooy57 wrote:
Cardinals5 wrote:
vbooy57 wrote:Legally, Megaupload was taken down for the same reasons as Limewire was. An f you for being against SOPA, internet. However, they left Mediafire, so this is no big deal.

There was no empirical evidence given, just a hunch on behalf of MPAA.

AND, those arrests warrants/indictments were issued after a grand jury was convened, which is fine IF the defendants KNOW about it and are informed. They've flat said they had no idea they were being indicted until they were arrested. Arrow

And why shouldn't the internet be against SOPA? Arrow The potential for abuse is....immense.
The MPAA and RIAA are more important than the legal system, it seems. And that f you was coming from the MPAA and friends, certainly not myself. I support Anon on this all the way.

I misread. I understand what you meant now.
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Mystrsyko on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

wooo, government websites have been taken offline! that must have inconvenienced nearly all of the 35 people that use them! that'll show them we mean business!

seriously? the response to a site that condones piracy being taken down is to make a website unavailable for a few hours? how does that help? shouldn't everyone who claims to be part of "anonymous" know that nobody they're targeting relies on their website to function? i hardly see the FBI or the federal government collapsing because people couldn't check their website for a few hours. what a complete waste of resources. and they wonder why nobody takes "anonymous" seriously. it's like trying to get someone fired by taking down all their sticky notes. all the computing power in the world at their disposal and they cant come up with a better method of protest?
avatar
Mystrsyko
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 530
Join date : 2011-08-14
Age : 29
Location : Springfield, IL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Mother of Invention on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 pm

I wonder how this will change after these attacks.



avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by conrail1990 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:14 pm

All I got to say about this
avatar
conrail1990
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 27
Location : The Cal-de-sac (Delaware)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by racingfreak1999 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:35 am

Well, looks like SOPA and PIPA are defenitely getting passed now.
avatar
racingfreak1999
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 26
Location : Long Island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by pepsibottle1 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 am

If they can pass the detainee act, they can pass this. And I'll just say this. The ONLY way we are going to have a somewhat effective legislature is when we can come to forget about paryt and political lines. I doubt this will ever happen. Politcians have forgotten about serving "We, the people" and instead bicker about the smallest of things because they are on different political parties. The only way they will learn is to vote them out. In my mind, the incumbents are gone. I want rid of them and if you want a change in the Senata, I'd do the same. Forget about the Republicans and Democrats, it's EVERYONE's fault!
avatar
pepsibottle1
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 845
Join date : 2011-08-07
Age : 23
Location : Norfolk, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Nextelracer on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 am

Damn, I wish it was FileServe that got shut down instead of MU. I actually kind of tolerated MU. But I freaking hate FileServe.
avatar
Nextelracer
Development Driver
Development Driver

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 26
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by bartman97 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:30 am

Nextelracer wrote:Damn, I wish it was FileServe that got shut down instead of MU. I actually kind of tolerated MU. But I freaking hate FileServe.

Flieserve's servers are the worst Laughing
avatar
bartman97
Regular Contender
Regular Contender

Posts : 805
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 20
Location : Brisbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Mother of Invention on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:06 am

bartman97 wrote:
Nextelracer wrote:Damn, I wish it was FileServe that got shut down instead of MU. I actually kind of tolerated MU. But I freaking hate FileServe.

Flieserve's servers are the worst Laughing
Or Rapidshare Razz
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by PYLrulz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:41 pm

pepsibottle1 wrote:If they can pass the detainee act, they can pass this. And I'll just say this. The ONLY way we are going to have a somewhat effective legislature is when we can come to forget about paryt and political lines. I doubt this will ever happen. Politcians have forgotten about serving "We, the people" and instead bicker about the smallest of things because they are on different political parties. The only way they will learn is to vote them out. In my mind, the incumbents are gone. I want rid of them and if you want a change in the Senata, I'd do the same. Forget about the Republicans and Democrats, it's EVERYONE's fault!

The problem is most of these guys know that the people will blindly vote for them regardless of what they do. The more Republican or Democrat a district or state, the more they know they can do and not give a damn about the people.
avatar
PYLrulz
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 33
Location : Mountville, PA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by RealRacer4 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 pm

At least for now, the SOPA and PIPA bills are dead. Makes me wonder the Anonymous hackers were what lead to this occurance. Fixed!

RealRacer4
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2090
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Blake Camphausen on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

RealRacer4 wrote:At least for now, the SOPA and PIPA bills are dead. Makes me wonder the Anonymous hackers were what lead to this occurance. Fixed!
Not dead, postponed. That only means that we have to deal with them at a later date.
avatar
Blake Camphausen
First-Time Winner
First-Time Winner

Posts : 436
Join date : 2011-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cynon on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 am

If SOPA and PIPA get passed, it will be the biggest blunder in the history of the United States of America. Period.

Basically, if it gets passed, the integrity of the Internet (or rather, the DNS servers...) will become suspect. Why? Because it will open avenues for criminal enterprise -- anyone who can profit off of bypassing SOPA (which is easy as hell anyway...) will probably have a decent customer base. With the Internet being as vital to American life as it is, throwing the integrity of the DNS servers into question is idiotic and extremely counterproductive.

Yeah, SOPA will kill off piracy all right. It'll kill off piracy just like Prohibition stopped alcoholism. -_-

It's a bill introduced by fucking morons in Congress whose only technological knowledge is how to send emails on their damn smartphones. The regulations should be made by people who actually UNDERSTAND how the Internet works in great detail, not by butthurt Hollywood lobbyists who try to kill off Web 2.0 because nobody likes their shit anymore.

_________________
Effort Equals Results

Online Wins: 22
Last Win: Short Oval Challenge @ Grand Detour
EFR's #1 A.J. Allmendinger fan
Nintendo ID (Wii U only): Cyriaan
Barton wrote:It has a McDonalds, so it might be a city.

Bob Ross wrote:Talent is a pursued interest. In other words, anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.

avatar
Cynon
Admin

Posts : 3114
Join date : 2011-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Chicago, Illinois

View user profile http://efr1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Woody on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am

Cynon wrote:Yeah, SOPA will kill off piracy all right. It'll kill off piracy just like Prohibition stopped alcoholism. -_-

+1

Digital media (music, movies, games, etc.) will always be pirated, SOPA or no SOPA.


Whether it is wrong or not is up to each individual... I personally, don't see a problem with them fighting piracy, but the way they are combating it is ridiculous. My programming teacher actually dedicated the entire period to talking about SOPA and PIPA today, he made an interesting analogy... in short, SOPA would give the government the right to shut down any website that had links to some form of piracy... so if I posted a link like that here with SOPA passed, this site could be potentially shut down. See the problem?

His analogy was speeding... where we live, everyone speeds on the two main roads through our county. The speed limit is 55 on both... I've seen people doing 75+, it is ridiculous. If our government decided to combat the speeding problem in the same way they fight piracy with SOPA... then they would punish the manufacturers of the cars.

If they want to stop piracy, they go after the people uploading and downloading pirated music, movies, games, software, etc... not the website that it is posted on.


If I am not mistaken, this bill would also make posting gameplay illegal.... you know, the thing all of the offline series do. So we should all feel pretty strongly about it.

Woody
Development Series Rookie
Development Series Rookie

Posts : 190
Join date : 2011-08-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Tanrar on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:13 am

The way I see it, SOPA/PIPA will be Bill 978 2.0

...What was Bill 978 you ask? Exactly. There's my point.

Bill 978 didn't pass, and I'm hoping that the government has SOME sanity left, and realizes that this bill is a disaster waiting to happen.
avatar
Tanrar
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1069
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 22
Location : Oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by navycook75 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 am

And here's another thing, we have people from different nations here, and if one of them posts something copyrighted, they ruined it for all of us...

Like Cooper said, SOPA/PIPA will kill off piracy just like how Prohibition killed off alcohol, but probably won't last as long.

And if SOPA/PIPA does come back, we'll just do the same thing as we did a few days ago, after all, that's one of the reasons why they were both pulled....
avatar
navycook75
Legend
Legend

Posts : 4920
Join date : 2011-08-06
Age : 28
Location : Portland, New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Mother of Invention on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:43 am

I kind of wonder if SOPA/PIPA got killed because of this? Maybe they realized they don't need it.
avatar
Mother of Invention
Legend
Legend

Posts : 2427
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Sparkz47 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 pm

SOPA and PIPA may be out of commission for now, but it looks like a new challenger approaches.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248525/sopa_pipa_stalled_meet_the_open_act.html

It sounds marginally better than the last two, but I still wouldn't let my guard down.
avatar
Sparkz47
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2011-09-17
Age : 21
Location : Equestria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Cardinals5 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 pm

FileSonic is down too...let the dominos fall
avatar
Cardinals5
Champion
Champion

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2011-11-24
Age : 26
Location : Sterling Heights, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Megaupload Has Been Shut Down

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum